430 Reviews for Carl Alan Floral Designs Ltd.

User Photos
Venue Visit (12)
Chuppah Decor (9)
Preservation (2)
Flower Crowns (1)

I have to say I was intimidated to meet with Carl Alan as it was the vendor the venue had suggested and I thought it would be way out of my budget. I was blown away from the second I walked into our first meeting. They were so easy to work with within my budget while still ensuring I was getting the most important aspects of my vision. I walked into the consultation room with a table set based on my pinterest vision and it was SPOT ON! The appointment continued to wow me as they pulled out flowers to see what I liked best (I have NO floral background whatsoever!) and then sent me home with a bouquet of everything I had loved and was still thinking about. They continued to be incredible to work with during the entire planning process whether I had quick easy questions or touching base. The sample centerpiece night was so amazing! To go and see right in front of my eyes my vision come to life and envision what the ballroom was going to look like was so exciting! I received pictures of my bridesmaids and my bouquet the night before my wedding and it was all becoming so real and perfect! When my bouquet showed up the morning of my wedding I was rather disappointed in the size of it as it wasn't as we had discussed. As I was visibly upset, my Mom gave a nice quick call to Carl Alan and they sent over a designer to redo my bouquet right in my hotel room with no questions asked. We were never made to feel like it was too much to ask and they even gave a follow up phone call to make sure I was as happy as I could be with the finished product. Everything was so PERFECT! I HIGHLY recommend Carl Alan!

Photo
Profile Picture Elizabeth, 2/10/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit

Working with Katelynn was an absolute delight! I am not a flower person, and while I had some vague vision in my head of what I wanted the flowers to look like, I wasn’t finding anyone who was able to translate that vision into reality. The first time I met with Kaitlynn, we spent almost four hours together (to that point, I’d only spent 30-60min with florists), going through all kinds of inspiration, looking at different vases, candelabras, and pillars, and finally, pulling all kinds of flowers from the coolers to put together a bouquet that I got to take home! It was the first time in the course of wedding planning that I felt really confident that everything was going to be perfect. I loved that their package included a sample appointment (rare, from what we saw elsewhere), and a few days before the wedding, I looked at my phone to see picture texts of my bouquet (spoiler: it was stunning). I can’t thank Katelynn and the Carl Alan team for all their help and for making my wedding look exactly the way I wanted it: wintery (but not too wintery), sparkly (but not gaudy), and bathed in candlelight. Would recommend them to anyone and definitely go back if I ever need massive arrangements again!

Photo for Carl Alan Floral Designs Ltd. Review - Card Table: Flowers + Branches,  saved for the reception
Photo for Carl Alan Floral Designs Ltd. Review - Table 1: Lanterns, branches, candles, and buds
Photo for Carl Alan Floral Designs Ltd. Review - Long Tables (2): Branches and flowers with candle holders
Photo for Carl Alan Floral Designs Ltd. Review - Table 3: The dramatic look! Flowers on a candelabra
Photo for Carl Alan Floral Designs Ltd. Review - Bridal bouquet, with one gardenia as homage to my mom's
Photo for Carl Alan Floral Designs Ltd. Review - Table 3 at the ceremony...we re-purposed!
Photo
Photo for Carl Alan Floral Designs Ltd. Review - Table 4 at the reception
Profile Picture Christina, 1/14/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Non-Floral, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

No other vendor compares to their promise that despite the season they will ship you your dream flowers at a very reasonable cost!

Category: Flowers

Vito and the team at Carl Alan really exceeded my expectations. The flowers were stunning and the team was professional and talented! I truly didn't have to worry about anything, they covered it all! I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 12/31/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

A little more than a month before my wedding day, we called Carl Alan to order a white gardenia for my hair. His prices were better than other local florists and his location was convenient so we went with him. The day before my wedding he called to say that he could not get gardenias anywhere and he apologized. It was disappointing, but he could get us gardenia roses which are basically identical. We agreed on that and ended the call.

He called back a short time later and said he felt terrible, and he had done some more leg work and found some gardenias in HOLLAND. He ordered some and had them fed-exed and said they would arrive by 9:00 AM on my wedding day. He only charged us the original cost (even though it was MUCH more expensive for him). He definitely went above and beyond to secure the flowers we requested. Thank you for your professionalism and commitment to customer service!!

Profile Picture Janine, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Vito at Carl Alan is truly an artist. He was so fun to work with and really made the whole process so smooth and easy. I told him my vision and he brought it to life with his own touches. The room was literally a work of art. All my bridesmaids loved their bouquets and my bouquet was incredible too, it was so unique and special. I truly have nothing but good things to say about Vito and his team. He was so attentive and answered my emails so quickly. His attention to detail and eye for design is one-of-a-kind. Vito went above and beyond to give us everything we could have ever wanted. Vito, you are so talented thank you again for making our wedding a dream!

Profile Picture Haley, 10/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I loved the flowers at my wedding! I learned about Carl Alan Floral Designs from the owner's daughter who works at my company. CAFD was also recommended by another co-worker. I set up an appointment and had an amazing meeting with Vito, the wedding project manager. Before the meeting, the owner and the owner's father stopped in to greet me and my family. We met for 2 hours and discussed my vision, my venue and my budget. Vito's knowledge of flowers was very impressive. I had shared some ideas before the meeting and Vito and his team shared some suggestions and alternatives. We discussed my color scheme and Vito suggested colors that would compliment my ideas. We decided to do some high and low centerpieces to create a great visual. Vito was respectful of my budget and at the end of the meeting, I knew I picked the right florists. I left there knowing the flowers would be beautiful. A few months before the wedding, I met with Vito and I was speechless when I saw the mock-up of our centerpieces. The colors were vibrant, the flower selection was breathtaking. The centerpieces were beautiful. The team at CAFD were responsive to any of my questions and promptly confirmed my payments. We decided to repurpose our high centerpieces for the ceremony. They were on beautiful glass/mirrored stands and were used to create an aisle. When I saw them, again, I was speechless. The colors, height and flower selection were unbelievable. The flowers added so much class and elegance to our venue. Seeing all of the flowers on our tables during the reception was gorgeous. The flowers made the room pop with color. The flowers created an energy of class, elegance and beauty. He sent a text a night before of my bouquets and they were stunning. Many guests commented on how beautiful the flowers were. I couldn't have been happier with the flowers at our wedding. Vito and his team implemented my vision 100%. I wanted beauty, elegance and pops of color; they delivered.

Profile Picture Rochelle , 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Our wedding would not have been as beautiful without your MAGNIFICENT floral arrangements - they were breathtaking!!! They were everything I ever wanted and I just STILL can't stop talking about how beautiful there were!

Thank you so so much again to all of your team at Carl Alan!!!

Profile Picture Meghan, 9/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up

My step daughter got married in September. When she told me who the florist was I was a little nervous because I work at 17th and market and was not familiar with Carl Alan at all. Well magnificent is not strong enough a word to describe the absolutely stunning floral arrangements. They transformed the entire room. These flowers were extraordinary. Beautiful in every way. A real show stopper. It looked like a celebrity wedding. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Photo for Carl Alan Floral Designs Ltd. Review - Add a comment...
Photo for Carl Alan Floral Designs Ltd. Review - Add a comment...
Profile Picture lois, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

My wedding was on September 2, 2017 at the Crystal Tea Room. I wanted to thank Vito and the rest of the staff at Carl Alan Floral Designs for doing the most AMAZING job on my flowers. After looking at pictures of their work and a referral from my sister-in-law, I knew I needed to book Carl Alan Floral Design for my wedding. From the first time I met with Vito, I felt so comfortable with him and fully trusted his vision and creations. He was SO incredible to work with. I do not know many things about flowers, I just knew what I wanted my reception to look like. I left the design and planning completely up to Vito and his team. I was brought to tears at my sample appointment when I saw my dream flower arrangements and bouquets come to life right in front of my eyes. Vito was able to design the most perfect arrangements based on the “vintage romantic look” that I had set in my mind. Vito is so organized and talented at what he does. He helped me pick my linens, floorplan and all of my centerpieces based on the look I was going for. When people walked into my reception, all I heard over and over was “wow, these flowers are to die for.” Everyone complimented them and I couldn’t be happier with how the room looked on my wedding day. The detail in each centerpiece and bouquet was so amazing. I would highly recommend Carl Alan Floral Designs to any bride looking to book the best florist in Philadelphia!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/2/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Vito was fantastic. I had blue lanterns that I wanted to use in my décor and Vito came up with beautiful arrangements to go around them for the tables, foyer and fireplace mantel. He also created a gorgeous full natural looking floral arch for us to be married under. He listened to my vision for the bridal bouquets and the feel of our wedding and came up with designs that far surpassed anything I had imagined. He definitely made our day magical and I highly recommend Car Alan Floral Design and Vito in particular!

Profile Picture Dianna, 8/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I had an incredible experience with Carl Alan - especially with Vito! Unlike the other florists that I visited, I was shown real flowers in my first appointment and was given a price quote (that was half my budget!) before I left the first appointment. I really respected the fact that Vito came in at about half my budget because he easily could have padded the proposal to bring it closer to my top line (as I noticed with other floral vendors). Vito was prepared for the appointment with all of our pictures and immediately understood my vision. I was able to do a sample appointment about a month before the wedding which I appreciated because it allowed me to see the vision come to life! The flowers on my wedding day were absolutely STUNNING! Better than I could have even imagined! I could see the passion that Vito and the Carl Alan team put into my flowers and into making my reception perfect! Amazing service and amazing product! Thank you so much to Carl Alan - I am so glad that I found them for my wedding!

Profile Picture Angelisa, 8/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Crowns, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

I absolutely loved working with Carl Alan. My flowers were gorgeous and they were very thoughtful and careful to make sure the creations matched exactly what I envisioned. I could not have been happier and recommend them wholeheartedly. You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Meadow, 7/29/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Vito at Carl Alan is THE BEST in his industry. He was so great to work with and made the whole process fun and easy. I told him exactly what I was looking for and he made it happen! Not only did he make my vision a reality, it was better than I imagined! I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the people at Carl Alan! Vito went above and beyond to give us everything we could have ever wanted and really did an amazing job at designing our space! Thank you again!! Lauren and Jason

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements

This was by far my favorite vendor to deal with! Vito and team KILLED it at my wedding. Vito is truly an artistic genius and was such a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements

The designers who worked with me were Vito and Heather. They were wonderful! The design was exactly what I had in mind! The theme was copper terrariums and succulents, And my bouquet matched it all. It looked classic and gorgeous! They also helped me with the wedding favors (3 inch succulents in a pot) which were a great success. We did have one misunderstanding (I asked for candles in cocktail tables which were not provided, but we took some from other tables and it was fine). I wrote the company and they refunded that part.

Profile Picture Yifat, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I cannot say enough about how happy I am with the whole Carl Alan team! Flowers were the last thing we planned with only a month left until our wedding and they made our vision come alive with such ease and exceeded our expectations by far! We shopped around and no one knew flowers as well as Kate from Carl Alan, it was clear that this was her passion, not just a job for her.

Profile Picture Katerina, 7/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements

Vito and Carl Alan was outstanding. My wedding reception was spectacular and as Vito said....."the votive package is SOOOOOO worth it!" AMAZING!!!

Profile Picture Jasmin, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Event Design, Venue Visit

From the moment we met Vito, we knew that Carl Alan Floral Designs was the florist we wanted to decorate the venue for my daughter's wedding this past weekend. My wife had a vision for what she wanted, and unlike other florists. Vito used his creativity and expertise to work with my wife and make suggestions and improvements. Other florists just seem to give you what they want, but not Vito. He is truly and artist!! The flowers and color designs were truly exquisite. Vito is a perfectionist who will have his crew go above and beyond from the most minute detail. The best thing about Vito is that he is such a wonderful person who really listens and cares about what you want. Thanks so much to Carl Alan and Vito for making the wedding so beautiful!!!

Profile Picture Michael, 6/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements