Carissa Woo Photography Reviews

Carissa Woo Photography 6
Carissa Woo Photography 7
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 05/18/2012

Carissa exceeded by expectations!! She is the best photographer I could ever ask for! here are some reasons why:
    **Organized-she asked us for a list of photos and people we wanted and executed this perfectly on the wedding day
    **Fun and creative- I always have the same look in every photo and I'm camera shy- she gave up examples of different poses and made us laugh to give us amazing natural photos.
    **Special effects- she does great editing i.e I had a friend holding my veil and Carissa edited out my friend and it looks magical!
    **Works fast- I was surprised to see my how fast I received my photos online and a cool looking CD that she had costumed with our picture on it
    **Best personality and works great under pressure

Carissa is simply the best! You will have so much fun taking pictures! The best decision I made for our wedding!

Sent on 09/03/2012

Janet · Married on 05/05/2012

I was lucky to have found Carissa at a Bridal expo, my fiance at the time wanted to book her right away before anyone else would book her before (scared that we would lose her). My husband is super shy when it comes to taking pictures, but Carissa made us feel extremely comfortable with her. She is very energetic and gets us in the mood to capture the special moments on camera. We are SUPER HAPPY to have had her capture our day and the pictures are just as AMAZING as our engagement photo shoot with her. I am so excited that I share my photos with everyone and they're just as amazed at Carissa's work. I can't wait to work with Carissa again!

Sent on 06/19/2012

lisa · Married on 04/01/2012

Carissa was awesome! she worked with my budget. My Pictures were amazing! it was a pleasure to work with her

Sent on 12/13/2012

Kim · Married on 03/24/2012

Oh how we will miss working with Ms. Carissa. I knew this was our photographer after we first met at the long beach bridal expo. Her passion and love for her work really speaks volumes. Not only were the pictures amazing but we have fun along the way. Carissa has a way of making you feel comfortable which brings out the best moments.

Thank you Carissa for helping us remember a moment in our lives through your extraordinary work.

Sent on 04/13/2012

jolene · Married on 03/23/2012

Carissa jumped into shooting our wedding as if she knew exactly what we wanted. She captures the real emotion in the moments, the honesty and moments that couldn't have been planned. Carissa is sweet, efficient, understanding and amazing at capturing an artistically beautiful picture while making sure she captures the important moment.

Sent on 04/17/2012
  • W

William · Married on 01/21/2012

Everything was great with Carissa.

She always came prepared and tried her best to make both of us feel very comfortable while she was taking shots of us.

most importantly, the pictures came out GREAT.

I would definitely recommend her to my friends =)

Sent on 06/06/2012

Stephanie · Married on 10/16/2011

We had Carissa do our engagement shoot and wedding. She is great to work with and she really has pure passion in what she does. She is easy to talk to, responsive, dedicated, and her quality of work is amazing.

We have beautiful photos from our engagement and wedding that will last a lifetime!

She makes us feel really comfortable and makes us look our best. She gives great direction and coaching during the shoot by showing us sample pictures on her phone or showing us how to pose.

We really love and enjoy working with Carissa and we will be doing our maternity shoot with her as well.

Sent on 06/15/2012
  • F

Florence · Married on 09/10/2011

I highly recommend Carissa Woo as your photographer for any event. She is wonderful to work with as well as a sociable and fun personality to be around.

You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 02/15/2012

Selena · Married on 09/04/2011

Carissa was great to work with! Shes very creative with her pictures and knows how to work with whatever environment you happen to be in. We got our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures back in record time and we loved all of them. I would recomend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/11/2011
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 08/06/2011

Breathtaking. Gorgeous. Amazing. These are a few of the comments that we have gotten about our photographs. Carissa is a true professional and her love and passion show in her work. We are blessed to have found her and she truly captured all the love of our wedding. I cannot recommend her enough. She put up a slew of great photos the very next day and we can't wait to see everything!

Sent on 08/16/2011

B · Married on 06/25/2011

Carissa is an amazing photographer and has a very calming and relaxed personality...just what a frazzled bride needs!

Highly recommend her!!

Sent on 08/11/2011

Roberta · Married on 06/25/2011

Carissa is amazing! Great personality and creativity! You will love your photos and love working with Carissa!

Sent on 11/13/2011

Myriam · Married on 05/14/2011

Carissa Woo provided an outstanding experience from the very start. She was so flexible to work with and responsive. In my planning experience, being a responsive vendor was the most important quality in planning a wedding and in the decision to hire that vendor. Carissa went above and beyond to meet our needs as a couple, was efficient and effective in assisting us (as we are not experiencd models) in posing just right in order to capture that special moment. She finds ways to translate a "posed" expression into a natural final product. Carissa's work is fresh and modern which made our wedding photos really feel current and not dated. I loved working with her and her fabulous team of assistants. They worked so hard and nonstop all day (and the day was about 14 hours) to provide us with beautiful memories that will definitely last us a lifetime. Thanks Carissa for your professionalism, care, and positive attitude throughout! I will definitely be referring your services to anyone looking for a top notch photographer.

Sent on 06/26/2011

amor · Married on 04/22/2011

carissa was great, and her work was amazing!! she made our day so special.we definatley will be using her for future events

Sent on 06/26/2011

Eileen · Married on 04/17/2011

Carissa is an amazing and professional photographer. She was able to provide my husband, myself and our family and friends with gorgeous shots that are posed and candid.

She is very responsive and flexible and helped to guide me through my wedding planning of the timeline to ensure that we were able to have time for the best wedding pictures.

During the wedding ceremony and reception, she and her team of photographers were soooo awesome. She was able to give us the direction (for poses) and got some amazing shots. She has a very creative eye and was able to get shots in different backgrounds that we will cherish forever. After the ceremony, my husband and I only had a small window of time to take pictures- and Carissa was on it. She made sure that we got some seriously amazing pictures. She posed us, gave us the direction that we definitely needed and made us look and feel like wedding model pros (usually my husband and I take very awkward pictures :) .

I would recommend Carissa to any bride. Her talent shines in her work itself but her professionalism and dedication to her work made me feel like she really cared about getting my husband and I the best pictures possible. And she did!! We love the results and we are excited to show everyone these pictures!!!

Sent on 06/03/2011

Diane · Married on 04/02/2011

Carissa has a great eye for photography. She is a true natural. We had the best experience with her from start to finish. The engagement session was so much fun. She gave us great direction but brought out our true personalities. We didn't have a doubt that our wedding pictures would come out amazing and they sure did. There were creative shots, candid shots, and most importantly classic shots. We love her romantic, fun and colorful style. Carissa and her assistant work hard the whole entire wedding. She is great with all of the guest. We received our pictures in less than a month and our album in 2 months. Carissa treated us like family and we will alway keep in close touch with her an trust her with all of our future events.

Sent on 04/05/2011

sally · Married on 03/19/2011

Carissa was FABULOUS!!! We loved HER! She was very creative and took an initiative at our wedding. She was on top of details and we really enjoyed working with her. I had many guests comment on her professianalism and politeness and were very surprised to see her assistant on the floor frequently to take pictures of us. We loved those small detail pictures. There are no words to express how pleased we were. Thanks Carissa & Erika!

Sent on 05/20/2011

Alissa · Married on 03/05/2011

Carissa was professional, friendly and responded to emails quickly. The photos came out so beautiful. I would recommend her to friends and family.

Sent on 03/23/2011

Eric · Married on 01/15/2011

The photos from our casual & formal engagement sessions & our wedding came out so amazing, better than we could have ever expected. My wife & I are both rather awkward in front of the camera, but Carissa made us very comfortable and coached us throughout the shoot. Aside from her work, our families particularly appreciated her friendly and professional demeanor. She has so much energy and she is always smiling. Carissa would get along with anyone. You are lucky if Carissa Woo is your wedding photographer.

Sent on 03/16/2011

C.H. · Married on 12/18/2010

Words cannot describe the quality of Carissa's work. Simply beautiful, one of a kind photography. Very impressed by her professional high quality work. She has a great eye for detail and has a unique and creative style. We had lots of variety and color in our album. Carissa is dedicated, professional and has a pure passion for photography. She cares just as much about the final product as you will and do everything to make sure you are happy. It was a pleasure and an honor to have Carissa shoot our wedding. It definitely won't be the last time we use her!

Sent on 03/04/2011

Melanie · Married on 11/13/2010

Wedding Date Nov 13

I have to say, choosing Carissa to be our photographer was one of the best decisions I made about our wedding planning! She was easy to work with, punctual, had an awesome personality, was right in our price range, very professional, unintrusive, and her pictures were gorgeous.
    Carissa has a natural eye for photography and really knows how to add romance and fun into each shot. She gave us a variety of shots...just as we wanted, fun, candid, classic and romantic. Our albums came out amazing and everyone wants to hire Carissa after
    seeing them. She designed them herself and made sure we were 100% happy with the proofs before she went into print. The wedding day went by in the blink of an eye but we will cherish our pictures forever.

She is highly recommended by us!

Sent on 03/07/2011

Maria · Married on 05/08/2010

Our experience with Carissa couldn't have been better, and our photos are wonderful. Carissa brings a tremendous amount of experience, professionalism and creativity to the sessions, and also the ability to make you feel natural, which allowed our photos to be true artwork that also depict who we really are. Our photos are us, and even more so they are one of a kind. After this experience, Carissa will be photographing our family for years to come.

Sent on 03/24/2011

Nishell · Married on 03/12/2010

Carissa is very talented. I've had the priviledge in working with Carissa for my engagement sessions, boudoir session, and my wedding. You bet that when I have my first born, I will be calling Carissa for baby portraits, and whatever excuse I have to work with her again. I am a big fan.

Our pictures turned out amazing. The pictures are fun, bright and vivid.  Carissa was able to capture spontaneity in a way that only the most talented photographers can. She has a rare talent in not only being able to capture the moment, but also to pose people in a way that seems natural and comfortable. Our wedding day was beautiful, mostly in part, because of Carissa's expert eye.

Sent on 03/04/2011

Andrea · Married on 09/13/2014

Carissa Woo is wonderful. She is quick, efficient, & super nice!

Our engagement shoot was absolutely perfect. We almost got in trouble by some security guard and she managed to sweet talk her way out of it, so if you want a certain shot she will get it. She is bubbly and makes you feel really comfortable in front of her lens. She gave great direction and really captured what my husband and I really feel for each other.

For our wedding day it happened to be the hottest day of the year. Literally it was like 110 degrees. It was pretty horrible and nobody was in the best of moods with that kind of heat. We all were troopers and got through it. Now that I have my photos back I can tell you that we look freaking amazing! I thought I would be disappointed with how melted we all felt, but I am so glad that it did not translate into the pictures. I will say that looking back I wish I had a few pictures that we didn’t attempt such as my husband and his sister by themselves or just me on my own, but it was just too hot to think so I blame no one but the sun.
    I also used her for my photo booth. Her photo booth company is called Heart You Photo Booth and it is an open air one so lots of people fit in the shot. Everyone had a blast! Her backdrop was gorgeous and her props were lots of fun! I received the pictures in the online gallery a few weeks after and she even posted a picture a couple days after the wedding for us to share with our friends and family via social media.

It was a magical day and Carissa and her assistants stopped time with our love. I would recommend her to everyone because of her talent and efficiency. I gave my wedding party a pep talk before we took photos and I told them to pay attention to her direction because she’s fast. You will think she didn’t get the shot, but I promise you she did. It was true! She was super-fast, but got every shot right. My photos are beautiful and I am really glad we found her. She truly is in love with love <3

Sent on 10/20/2014
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 10/15/2011

Carissa was great to work with! She did our engagement photos and our wedding and we got some wonderful shots! She is very reliable, flexible, and very easy to work with. A photographer was the toughest vendor for me to find for my wedding. It was the only thing I didn't have any referals for. I found Carissa at a Bridal Expo and once I saw her portfolio of work, I was confident I was in good hands! Everything turned out wonderful!
    Thanks Carissa!