Carissa Woo Photography Reviews

51 Reviews for Carissa Woo Photography

51 Carissa Woo Photography Reviews

Jen · Married on 08/05/2018

A Dream To Work With

Carissa truly spoiled us with so much love and beautiful talent. Time and time again she brings her energy, warm smile and amazing team to help deliver and this time it was for my very own wedding.

Looking back I couldn't imagine anyone else shooting my wedding and I'm so endlessly thankful for all of her time that she spent to give us such a wonderful experience throughout the planning process, our engagement shoot and all throughout our wedding day.

Her ability to make you feel comfortable is unmatched and leading up to any shoot, she was so responsive and helpful. I will ALWAYS recommend Carissa to anyone looking for a photographer that puts her clients first 110%.

Thank you, Carissa!! We love you!

Jen · Married on 12/26/2015

Carissa Woo was the most amazing wedding photographer. She made me feel comfortable and excited about my wedding from the very start. I felt like we could be best friends. Carissa made sure to take photos of the details and captured moments that I wouldn't have remembered if she wasn't there. Every picture she took was breathtaking and you felt you could not live without that photo. Carissa loves what she does and it is evident in the way she interacts with the bride and groom and their families and friends. Our relatives are still talking about the way she made everyone feel and were in awe when they saw the photos of the wedding. She made the photo taking fun, interactive and produced a beautiful product. Carissa is the best photographer, ever! We would absolutely recommend her to all of our closest family and friends.

Heather · Married on 09/12/2015

Yowza! Carissa Woo was a blast to work with and was able to bring out the best in us during our wedding! She was able to get the best shots, where nothing looks rehearsed or forced but instead natural and happy. Her creativity and calmness helped tremendously throughout the day and the end result were the fantastic photos we'll cherish for the rest of our lives and make our Facebook profile pitcures! Having never had a photographer follow you around before, it definitely felt more like a friend capturing our most heart felt moments while also encouraging a showcase of love. All in all, we're ecstatic we found and glad we chose Carissa as our wedding photographer! We would absolutely recommend her to friends and family.

P.S. She also shot our engagement photos which also turned out spectacular as well!

Sandra · Married on 05/16/2015

If you want the best of the best, you HAVE to book Carissa! A friend recommended Carissa to take our wedding photos, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Not only did the photos blow our minds, but she is the most down to earth photographer I have ever met. She knew exactly how to handle my family's unique needs when it came to the group photos as well. My grandma is 98 and can't stand for long periods at a time. Carissa made sure to take her photos first so she wasn't standing around waiting and in pain. Kudos Carissa! I love this girl!!!

Jill · Married on 04/18/2015

I used Carissa for my engagement shoot as well as my wedding and I'm so glad I did.

She made us feel very comfortable because her style is natural and organic. And sometimes she'll be silly just to get a laugh out of us (and those made the best shots!).

My biggest fear for a wedding photographer was one who takes center stage and obstructs the guests' view. Carissa and her team were not like that at all, in fact I don't know how they got the amazing shots they did because they were so inconspicuous.

And the follow up after our engagement shoot and wedding was outstanding. She provided us with our images and album within the time she promised and she even sent us a personalized pillow along with a hand written note! While Carissa's professionalism and her eye for capturing that perfect shot makes her a great photographer, the attention to detail and her warm personality really put her over the top for me. I highly recommend Carissa.

Dana · Married on 10/04/2014

Carissa is an excellent photographer and one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. I needed someone who would lead the day in the hustle and bustle of wedding chaos. She took charge and made sure we stayed on schedule and took all the photos we wanted.

Carissa is professional, responds timely to emails and inquiries and was truly a pleasure to work with. The photos we have seen so far are absolutely gorgeous. I am so happy we spent the extra money to invest in such a good photographer because those photos are all that we have once the day is over.

Thank you Carissa. I can't wait to use you again!

Carissa Woo was easy to work with and a really fun and creative photographer! :)

• W

Wendy · Married on 12/21/2013

We are so happy with our wedding pictures from Carissa! She was great at giving directions while keeping it super chill, which is exactly what we wanted. She sent links to the digital pics within days which was shockingly fast, and the dvd with the images followed shortly after. Great experience, thanks so much Carissa!

• Scott & Hilary

Hilary · Married on 12/08/2013

Carissa Woo is an amazing wedding photographer. We met over coffee just once but my husband and i felt extremely comfortable with her light hearted manner. She is extremely easy to work with and makes the wedding photograph process fun and delightful. Her pictures brought tears to my eyes when i viewed them for the first time - tears of joy! I definitely recommend Carissa as she is flexible, easy to work with and a beautiful photographer.

• Y

yoey · Married on 11/23/2013

Carissa provided my fiance and I the perfect experience at our engagement shoot. Shy and a bit self-conscious at first, she was able to lighten up the mood and help us feel comfortable in front of the camera. Carissa captured amazing moments during the session. She is extremely professional but easy going at the same time. I would definitely recommend her!

Marlene · Married on 11/20/2013

Carissa is a wonderful photographer!! She did an amazing job capturing our special day.

Kacey Kennedy · Married on 11/16/2013

Carissa Woo is fabulous! We knew we wanted a phenomenal photographer for our wedding day and didn’t know where to go. Carissa came highly recommended from our wedding coordinator, Nicole Alexandra Designs, and I am so beyond thrilled we chose HER for our wedding day. I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions we made, as I know we will forever value and treasure reliving the special moments from our engagement photo shoot, rehearsal, and our big day. I could have never imagined such a wonderful experience.

Carissa’s professionalism and promptness, along with her kindness went a long way. We received compliment after compliment on how easy and wonderful she was to work with. She was never in the way, but yet continued to capture the most amazing shots. I feel so special that we had the opportunity to share our wedding with Carissa. She was beyond incredible and the work she has produced is insanely amazing.

I would strongly suggest using Carissa Woo Photography! I am more than happy to discuss and share the wonderful work she did. Please feel free to contact me if you would like kaceykennedyroth@gmail.com.

• User3161754 · event on: 03/17/2013

Great service, creative eye, & professional ! Would use again and absolutely recommend.

A · Married on 03/23/2013

Carissa is the most fantastic photographer ever! We knew she was the one even before we met her. Just look at her blog! Her photos are amazing. And wait until you meet her in person, she's so warm and funny. You feel so relaxed and comfortable with her that you sometimes forget that she's there. Her vision is unexplainable, she'll shoot you in a place that you would have no idea is anything special, then it will turn into one of the most fabulous pictures you can think of!! Her photography is bright and colorful (which I love)!! My wedding party was also a little rowdy, which wasn't an issue for her at all. Love her! She's my life photographer and will use her to photograph ever monumental event in my life :)

Gizelle · Married on 09/14/2012

Working with Carissa was fantastic and my wedding pictures came out amazing!!!

Cassie · Married on 08/26/2012

Carissa was amazing! Christian did an awesome job as her 2nd shooter. Carissa really captured every special moment for us! She was super engaging and taught us awesome poses!

Grace · Married on 08/04/2012

Carissa Woo was our chosen photographer for our wedding day and she was exactly the professional you want for your event. We took first look pictures, wedding party pictures, and family pictures, while managing to capture shots spontaneously as they happened. We loved working with Carissa since she has this style where she doesn't interfere with the progression of events, but she captures it almost candidly to get the real emotion of what is occurring. She has the experience in this industry and it shows. I really like how personable she is as well, one thing that stood out was how some kids at our wedding were following us around taking group pictures, so she trusted them with her lighting equipment which they were really happy to help out with and be a part of the wedding. I give Carissa Woo Photography the highest review out of all the vendors we hired for our wedding. I look forward to working with her again.

Tricia · Married on 07/20/2012

Carissa Woo is the best wedding photographer I could have asked for. She is creative, efficient, gives GREAT direction, accessible, professional, and knows how to make a girl feel and look her absolute best. Even my sister and one of bridesmaids are both interested in booking her for their own weddings (once they're engaged!). If you're looking to hire a wedding photographer, Carissa Woo is the one to trust. Wedding date: July 20, 2012

mikaela · Married on 07/14/2012

Carissa Woo is an amazing photographer. She shot our engagement photos, wedding, and a boudoir photoshoot. She makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera and provides simple directions throughout the photo session. Carissa had one of the best price packages of any photographers I investigated. I'm also grateful for her recommendations for a florist, DJ, and candy buffet who all became my wedding vendors and were amazing. I'll definitely call her for baby photos :)

Mr. and Mrs. Sterling

• Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 06/09/2012

We love Carissa Woo Photography! From our initial meetings, Carissa made us feel very comfortable. She showed us samples of prior weddings she had shot and helped us with suggestions for our timeline of our reception, which was truly helpful in creating a smooth flowing program.

On our wedding day, Carissa was prompt and professional. With so much going on and getting pulled in so many directions, she was assertive but very respectful and professional. One of the benefits of our initial meetings was that she gained a sense of our personalities ahead of time which came through in the shots on the wedding day. She clearly explained what she wanted in each shot and was able to capture a range from lighthearted to beauty and sophistication.

Carissa has always been prompt in her follow up and deadlines. She seamlessly integrated herself with our other vendors and adapted well when inevitably things don’t go exactly as scheduled. She really captured the beauty of our venue and the day as a whole. Just days into our honeymoon, she emailed a link to her blog with photos of our wedding so we could relive the memories/moments of our most special day. Then, at a later date, we received another link to all of the photos that were taken throughout the whole day with the option of forwarding the link to family and friends so they could admire and order prints, as well. A month later, as the contract stated, we received our photo disc. Even the packaging was so nice and professional!!! Just a couple of weeks after that, we met with Carissa to talk about our wedding album design. To our amazement we had already received an email with a sample of what our album layout would look like within one week!!! It was gorgeous! Carissa really has a special eye and creative ability of capturing those moments! We can’t say enough fabulous things about Carissa. We are completely honored to have had her as our photographer and now consider her a great friend.

Joy · Married on 06/02/2012

Carissa was a great photographer! EVERYONE loved our pictures and even had 2 of our friends ask her to be their wedding photographer. Yup, they were that impressed. She's lively, happy, professional and focused. She knows the moments to capture and when to capture them. My biggest suggestion to a bride in regards to pictures is if you want a specific picture, let her know. She did ask me if I wanted anything specific beforehand, but I wish I had thought about it sooner. Specific meaning, couple with flower girl, couple wrapped around with veil, groom's picture acting out a football play, etc. She captured all the specific pictures I asked for. Carrissa did a wonderful job!!!

• Shannon

Shannon · Married on 05/28/2012

Carissa is a wonderful person! She is a personable person who works very hard to get all the best shots. We were very blessed to have her capture our wedding and I will suggest her to every bride I come in contact!

• Annie

Annie · Married on 05/18/2012

Carissa exceeded by expectations!! She is the best photographer I could ever ask for! here are some reasons why:
    **Organized-she asked us for a list of photos and people we wanted and executed this perfectly on the wedding day
    **Fun and creative- I always have the same look in every photo and I'm camera shy- she gave up examples of different poses and made us laugh to give us amazing natural photos.
    **Special effects- she does great editing i.e I had a friend holding my veil and Carissa edited out my friend and it looks magical!
    **Works fast- I was surprised to see my how fast I received my photos online and a cool looking CD that she had costumed with our picture on it
    **Best personality and works great under pressure

Carissa is simply the best! You will have so much fun taking pictures! The best decision I made for our wedding!

Janet · Married on 05/05/2012

I was lucky to have found Carissa at a Bridal expo, my fiance at the time wanted to book her right away before anyone else would book her before (scared that we would lose her). My husband is super shy when it comes to taking pictures, but Carissa made us feel extremely comfortable with her. She is very energetic and gets us in the mood to capture the special moments on camera. We are SUPER HAPPY to have had her capture our day and the pictures are just as AMAZING as our engagement photo shoot with her. I am so excited that I share my photos with everyone and they're just as amazed at Carissa's work. I can't wait to work with Carissa again!

lisa · Married on 04/01/2012

Carissa was awesome! she worked with my budget. My Pictures were amazing! it was a pleasure to work with her