48 Reviews for Carissa McClellan Photography

Additional Hours (2)
Engagement Shoot (2)
One Event/Day (1)
47 Carissa McClellan Photography Reviews

Carissa is fantastic and easily deserves every bit of the 5/5 she currently has on here at the time of me writing this. She did both our wedding photos and engagement photos and both sets turned out better than we could have hoped. When picking a photographer in the Johnstown area, you'll have the option of using a run-of-the-mill local photographer, outlandishly expensive Pittsburgh photographer, or Carissa. I'm not trying to say there aren't other good options in the Johnstown area (i.e. Adliv is great, but a different style than Carissa); but if you're looking for photos that don't rely on tons of filters or dreary shadowy effects but rather natural light, Carissa is by far your best option. She was super easy to work with and a great value for the money. She knows how to frame a photo and makes everyone feel comfortable during the process. She's super easy to get along with and was willing to provide input through the planning process on any minor questions we may have had. Photos were turned over very quickly in less than two weeks and everyone loved them!

Profile Picture Kyle, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carissa went above and beyond our expectations. She is excellent with her clients, making them feel comfortable every step of the way and she makes everything so easy. We hired Carissa for both our engagement photos and wedding. We had so many people talk about our photos and say how beautiful, light and bright they were. And we had a perfect day on wedding day, so that was super exciting! We couldn't have hired anyone better to capture this important day. If you're looking for someone reliable, she's your girl. Thanks again! xoxo

Profile Picture Marley , 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carissa is amazing to work with! We are in love with all the pictures and have so many to help us remember our wonderful day! She's the best!

Profile Picture Kylie, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Services Used: One Event/Day, Digital Files

I cannot share enough good things about Carissa! She was super accommodating when we scheduled our engagement session as we were coming in from out of town even when the weather wasn’t the most cooperative. She helped our wedding day run smoothly. Every picture from our wedding is fantastic, and I love having all of our memories captured! My husband and I were blown away by her talent!

Profile Picture Taylor, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carissa was absolutely wonderful to work with! My husband and I got married in August 2017 and didn’t know much about planning a wedding. Carissa not only promptly answered all our questions regarding her photography services but also stepped up to offer advice in other areas - timeline for the day, vendors she had experience with, whether or not to have a receiving line, where to order our sparklers and what kind were allowed at our venue, etc. At our request, she met with us in person months ahead of time to go over some ideas and helped us start thinking about specifics. She also sent us a form to fill out that honestly helped me organize my planning so much. It was great to have someone to bounce ideas off of, who had seen things done a variety of ways and could really give us good feedback on what often worked and what didn’t, without being pushy about anything. She’s SO fast with responses and such a pleasant, professional person to work with. On the day of our wedding, she helped keep things calm and moving and was full of suggestions for fun poses. We LOVE how our photos turned out - high quality and resolution - and were surprised and pleased to have them back within one week of the wedding (we were able to reminisce through them while still on our honeymoon!!). Her price was fair, and I highly recommend Carissa to anyone planning a wedding in the Johnstown area. She's the best - absolutely book her if you can!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I were lucky enough to book Carissa for our engagement photos, as well as our wedding. We were so in love with all of our engagement pictures that we HAD to have her capture our wedding day! Carissa is organized, professional, and extremely timely! She has such a wonderful talent for placing, directing, and capturing every detail. We absolutely love our pictures and could not wait to share them with our friends and family. We would absolutely recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Kayla, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carissa was amazing to work with for my wedding! She went above and beyond to help with everything, I mean EVERYTHING! I'd recommend her in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Kelli, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carissa is wonderful! We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer to capture all of our special moments.

Profile Picture Kelli, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carissa was phenomenal!!!! I would 110% recommend her (so many people already have messaged me for her info because they were so impressed with our engagement and wedding pictures!) She was extremely professional, easy to work with and communicate with and made the picture taking part of the day fun! She captured every single moment and went above and beyond - an extremely motivated and hard working professional! She truly made our day extra special - pulled my groom and I aside around sunset and took some pictures outside which also allowed us to take a moment and reflect on our perfect day together before going back into the venue to continue the celebration with our guests. She took so much stress off of us because she made the picture taking process so easy and stress-free since first communicating with her. Our family and friends cannot stop raving about our pictures ! We are not the most "photogenic people" until Carissa starting working her magic! We will cherish our photos forever!!!!!!

Profile Picture Cara, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Carissa was amazing!! She captured a lot of pictures in a short amount of time. We loved the results, every picture was creative and the quality was top notch!! Carissa was very professional and we got the all the pictures back quickly!! I would recommend Carissa to anyone getting married!!

Profile Picture Joelle, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I would recommend Carissa to any bride searching for a photographer. Not only are the quality of her pictures amazing and unique but she also is very professional, timely in her responses, and helpful with any question you may have.

Carrisa made our wedding day stress free with being so organized and helping us with our timeline of the day! I would not have wanted anyone else to capture the most special moments of my life. I now get to have those precious memories forever!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My beautiful wife is obsessed with photography and with photos in general. She loves how various people can take the same picture and each picture can tell a different story. So when she said we had to book Carissa, I said what most men do and said "yes dear." Then she told me that we had to move our wedding date bc Carissa was booked on the day that we had originally intended and I was not pleased but I acquiesced.

In my head, a photographer just takes pictures and that's that. What's the big deal?

I was wrong. I was really wrong. Carissa was NEXT LEVEL AMAZING. I'm not talking just pictures which are incredible and magazine worthy. I'm talking just overall everything.

Our day was kind of hectic which I'm sure is how most wedding days go. Time flies and things go wrong but Carissa was a rock a true professional and then some. She kept everything moving smoothly and got all the pictures that my wife had wanted. Even the weather wouldn't cooperate Carissa was patient and captured the perfect moments and made sure my wife got every photo that they had discussed.

Not only that but she was kind and gentle with the kids, complimentary and accommodating with the bride and bridesmaids but also firm and authoritative with the groomsmen and myself, which is exactly what we need because like most guys we were just messing around. She really has a way with reading people and getting the most out of us and that was evident in the pictures.

My wife was happy with the fact that she literally took thousands of pictures. When you hear that, you'd think that we didn't get our pictures for weeks... we had them in what seemed like 3 days. Plus if she came across one she truly loved she'd shoot us a text with it and that just truly shows you the type of person she is... she cares just as much about your wedding as you do.

Profile Picture Patrick, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

5.0/5.0 is not enough for Carissa. She was our photographer for our engagement and wedding photos this past September. She was organized, timely ( which I am not), creative, and listened to everything we wanted. She was incredibly professional, kind, and fun to work with. Our pictures are amazing, and its so convenient to have the rights of the photographs online and on a flash drive. All of our guests were so impressed with how she kept everyone on time and captured everything we wanted. When you book Carissa please please consider a first look on your wedding day. It was not something my husband and I initially considered, but loved her portfolio. We decided to do a first look where we met, IUP. This is such a special moment, and now are my favorite pictures of the entire day. Carissa has thought of everything to make your wedding day perfect.

Profile Picture BREANNA, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carissa was amazing! She captured our special day and gave us photos that we will cherish forever. Her photos are beautiful and we had so many compliments on them. We can't thank her enough! She also had our photos finished quickly and we were able to see them shortly after the wedding. They print wonderfully and she even provided us with great resources to use for prints, canvases, etc! I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Shanna, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Your wedding day is a whirlwind, and Everything happens so fast. At the end of the day, you are only left with memories, photographs, and a happily every after. Everyone said to make sure I got a wonderful photographer, because your photos with last forever. After looking at various portfolios and talking to many vendors, I knew Carissa was the perfect photographer for my husband and I. She is easy to get in contact with, is very professional, and has wonderful customer service. She has a vibrant and energetic personality that allowed myself, my husband, and my very shy 9 year old son to be very comfortable in front of her and the camera.
I received sneak peeks the day after my wedding, and all of my digital prints in 6 days. I have gotten nothing by raving compliments about my wedding portraits. As a bride, it is wonderful problem when you can't decide which photos to print, because you want them all. I cannot say enough about Carissa. If you are looking to remember your wedding long after that special day, with the most amazing pictures, be sure to book Carissa! You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 6/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can't even begin to describe how amazing of a wedding photographer Carissa is. From beginning to end Carissa was a breeze to work with. I had worked with her once before- she was the wedding photographer for my sister-in-laws wedding and from that point I knew we had to have her shoot our wedding as well. We have definitely kept her in the family- in total she will have been the photographer for 4 family weddings. Let's just say I'm lucky our paths have crossed so many times! She was super helpful through the wedding planning process- talking about our wedding vision, helping me set a timeline for the day, and researching picture locations. She checked in with me the night before the wedding and afterwards. She was genuinely invested in making our day so special. Having her as our wedding photographer made me completely worry free. All day she was energetic and made everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. She had such an eye for detail and captured so many beautiful pictures. I'm sure it can be overwhelming to control a big wedding party, but she handled it flawlessly and got everyone to participate. My husband and I fully trusted her opinion the day of as we changed poses/locations/etc. Her natural direction kept everyone on task and it seemed picture time flew by for the bridal party. I don't know how she does it by herself, but she DOES NOT miss a beat, detail, or moment throughout the day. After the wedding, literally 48 hours later we got a sneak peek. And not even a week had gone by and we received the link to all of our pictures while we were on our honeymoon. She is so fast at getting the images to you. The USB with the full images was at our house the night we got home from our honeymoon too with the sweetest card attached. There are so many amazing photos we are having a difficult time compiling a list of our favorites. I would highly recommend Carissa to any bride looking for a wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Carissa was so easy to work with and great with communication and flexibility.

Profile Picture Toniann, 5/20/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Carissa is an amazing photographer. When I got engaged I instantly thought of her to do my wedding because of seeing her posts online of pictures she has taken. Then once my (now) husband and I met with her, I felt at ease instantly and booked her that same day. She is very well organized and opened her schedule up to fit me in whenever I needed to meet. She also made many suggestions of locations and took my thoughts into her work as well. I told her after I got my photos back that I am probably being biased because it is my wedding photos but that I looked at friends photos and realized that either the photos were blurry in background, dark, or just set up wrong in general. With Carissa's photography, it is awesome to see everyone's expressions in the backgrounds and to capture the whole setting not just my husband and I. I will forever have these photos and I am so happy I chose Carissa to take them. I would recommend anyone to Carissa and not just for wedding photos. Best part is that I had all my photos back before I even got back from my honeymoon! Book her quickly before someone else does!

Profile Picture Dominique, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carissa had done our engagement photos and was excellent! We knew after our session we had to have her for our wedding. She is very professional and a wonderful person. Her personality helped us to feel relaxed while taking our photos. We were both so comfortable with her. She has a quick turn around with the photos as well and all of the photos turned out amazing. It was so hard to pick our favorites. The online gallery she uses for the photos was so nice, as we were able to easily share our photos with all of our friends and family to download and purchase. We would both highly recommend Carissa!

Profile Picture User6026734, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you're reading these to decide if you want to work with Carissa on your wedding day, trust me, you don't want to pass this opportunity up!! My wedding planning was such a challenge from the get go ( living in San Francisco, CA but planning a wedding of 100+ in PA) but working with Carissa was always seamless. She even helped with feedback of local venues and scouted out great areas for pictures that would fit the aesthetic we were going for. It was so important to us to have outstanding photos to remember the day and share with our family members that couldn't be there in person. Not only were the photos gorgeous and thoughtfully captured, we had access to them almost immediately! I kid you not, blog access within 2 days, digital shots within 5 and the full USB by 7 delivered all the way to CA! We loved every minute of working with Carissa as she provided such a fun, calming aura to us and our guests. If you want TONS of beautiful, quality shots that you will treasure for a lifetime, Carissa is your girl!!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Even before we were engaged I knew I NEEDED to have Carissa as our photographer. Every time she added a new blog post, I would look through the photos and admire how she was able to capture those moments so beautifully.

From the day I reached out to Carissa asking about our date, she consistently stayed in touch. She walked me through a timeline, gave thoughtful advice and genuinely loves her job.

On our wedding day, I forgot the hanger my friend got me and we made due with the one at the hotel. I was perfectly fine with that, but I think my mom felt bad. About a week later, Carissa met my mom (who had the hanger in hand) to get some photos. Then, we had access to our photo site THE NEXT DAY. Seriously. She's amazing.

I'm the type of person who spends hours reading mascara reviews before trying a new tube, so I totally understand obsessing over something as huge as a wedding photographer. Trust me, you've found the one.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

Finding a photographer was the biggest priority on my to-do list when planning our wedding. When I saw Carissa’s photos from a previous wedding I knew I had to have her. Her style was exactly what I was looking for and she couldn’t have captured our special day any better. I talked/emailed Carissa more than any other vendor while planning our wedding and she was nothing but professional, creative and thoughtful throughout the wedding process. Carissa and I discussed prior to our wedding day the location that we would go after the ceremony to take pictures. On the drive to the ceremony to say I DO she asked if we could stop at this run down building across from the church and take some photos after the ceremony. I was a little hesitant because the building was an eyesore of the town and needed torn down but I trusted Carissa and said SURE. It was the BEST decision ever! Our pictures turned out beautiful and she completely captured our style. Plus she handled our rowdy bridal party amazingly and kept us on schedule all day
Oh and I can’t forget to mention that we received ALL of our wedding photos within 1 WEEK! AMAZING!
Check out our pictures!:) http://carissamcclellan.com/wedding/bryan-lora/

Profile Picture Lora, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carissa was fantastic to work with. From the very beginning, she was extremely helpful in planning my timeline for the day and made sure we stuck to it. As a bit of an O.C.D. bride, this is extremely important to me. When she arrived on the wedding day, she asked all the right questions and got to work taking amazing photos of all the details. My husband and I did a first look, and even though she was the only shooter, she managed to get every angle and capture the surprise and astonishment on his face when he saw me. While driving to our main photo location, she spotted a beautiful location on the side of the road and asked that we stop by when we were finished. These turned out to be magazine quality photos, in my opinion. It is obvious that she has an eye for beautiful photography, and was helpful in re-positioning body parts so that they didn't look awkward in the photos.

Profile Picture Valerie, 9/12/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files

Bare with me, this is a little long! Here's our story, my cousin had booked Carissa for her wedding. Her pictures turned out so beautiful that I had asked her what she thought of Carissa. One thing you NEED to know is how PICKY my cousin is!! My hard-to-please cousin had nothing but compliments about Carissa! My husband, David, who hates having his picture taken, was impressed with her work also. Well, I immediately contacted her and she responded very quickly even though she was busy preparing for her own wedding!! When David and I went to meet her in person for the first time; Carissa's professional, sweet, and easy to work with personality totally won him over!! He became really excited because she made it SO easy for him to trust her. He was even bragging to our friends and family about what an "awesome" photographer we got! :) We were so nervous about our engagement photos (because we'd never had professional pictures done before), she made us feel very comfortable with her! We absolutely LOVE our engagement photos - she captured all the best moments and lighting throughout the session! We knew, with her as our photographer, that our wedding photos were going to be STUNNING! Carissa gave such good direction, kept everyone on task, and got everything we had asked for in our photos! We LOVE our wedding photos and are having such a hard time choosing which ones to frame because there are SOOO many GORGEOUS photos! And that's a good problem to have!! If you can stand anymore positive feedback - she gets your photos to you so fast! I was not expecting our photos posted as fast as she had them up! I HIGHLY recommend Carissa to anyone looking for a photographer for any occassion!

Profile Picture Elyse, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot begin to explain how wonderful it was working with Carissa. She truly captured every detail and more of our beautiful wedding. At first, I was a little bit worried about having only one photographer, but after seeing others who went with two and realizing that I received even more photos than they did made me even happier about my choice. She was very professional, and did not hesitate to make suggestions (something that was very important to me). She was also very accommodating for us (we were about 45 minutes away from Johnstown in Bedford, PA) and she was constantly in contact with me both prior to the big day and the day of the wedding. Carissa interacted wonderfully with everyone and really helped to make our big day a success. We cannot thank her enough for her hard work and the amazing photos that will forever remind us of our perfect day. I would not hesitate to recommend her, and may very well use her for big events in the future.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/8/15, 4 Reviews