Carissa McClellan Photography Reviews

68 Reviews for Carissa McClellan Photography

• Amber

Amber Dawn · Getting married on 01/07/2022

Carissa is phenomenal

From agreeing to photograph my wedding, to going with the flow as all plans changed multiple times to accommodate for Covid-19, Carissa was amazing every step of the way. You couldn't ask for a better photographer. Her calming personality helps you to focus on the day of the wedding and allows you to be in the moment as you get your photos taken. The quality of her work is impeccable, and the wait time to get photos back is almost nonexistent. I wouldn't change a single thing. You'll truly be missing out if you don't have her there. :)

Sent on 07/31/2020

Amy Wiesheier · Married on 11/07/2020

Overall 10/10, AMAZING!

Where do I begin?! Carissa is more than willing to go the extra mile to get the best shot she can. She makes everyone feel like a natural in front of the lens. Carissa did our engagement photos, which were amazing. Then she did our wedding and when I didn’t think it could get any better...it did! I honestly think working with Carissa is amazing. She is genuine and caring and truly wants what’s best for her clients.

Sent on 11/16/2020

Courtney Lohr · Married on 09/26/2020

Perfection!

Carissa was more than we could have asked for! She did an amazing job. She was professional yet laid back, super helpful with everything. Her pictures are perfect!

Sent on 10/07/2020

Gena Myers · Married on 08/15/2020

Relaxed and fun! We had such a memorable experience.

First off, she was amazingly supportive through constantLy changing dates due to covid. She kept us in high spirits and showed such compassion. Carissa made us all feel very comfortable and was able to make a change in location last minute due to weather as well. Our pictures turned out absolutely Fabulous. She captured every single moment and both of us have been able to look through them and vividly remember our day! We are grateful to have these last a life time. Carissa truly made it hard to pick just “one.”

Giancarlo Scuderi · Married on 08/02/2020

Absolutely wonderful!

Carissa played such a major role in making our special day so special. We had to cancel our wedding because of the pandemic. Our family and friends helped us to make a special celebration; Carissa, however was able to capture the day in a way that was not only special to us, but frankly in a side by side comparison showed a superior quality to other wedding photos we saw online. She was a professional who was able to guide & direct us in a way that made us feel comfortable and understood. Carissa’s photos have been the envy of all! We plan to hire her again for a vow renewal in the future.

Sent on 11/15/2020
  • Emillee

Emillee Swank · Married on 05/24/2020

The BEST photographer EVER

Carissa went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. She was more than accommodating with all the COVID craziness & did everything she could to make not only our pictures perfect, but, also our day! We received our pictures quickly and like always, they were amazing! I would recommend Carissa to anyone- wedding, lifestyle, pregnancy, family, headshots — she’s your girl!

Nancy Clemente · Married on 05/16/2020

Amassing Photography!!

Carissa did an amazing job at our wedding! She captured us perfectly and made us so comfortable posing! I am in love with all of our pictures!!

Breanne · Married on 10/12/2019

Carissa is amazing!

When wedding planning, every vendor you choose is extremely important as a bride. However, your wedding photos are one of the only things you can take away from your wedding besides the sweet memories. Whenever we were on the search for our photographer, we really took our time, and we did our research. Not only did I want beautiful photos, I wanted to have all of our photos for a lifetime, without any additional costs to us.
    To say Carissa is an amazing photographer, is an absolute understatement. She is simply the best! She really cares about her clients, and she really goes above & beyond to capture your photos perfectly. We had ‘sneak peak’ photos just ONE DAY after our wedding, and our WHOLE photo album in our hands less than one WEEK after. This is unheard of! She works her tail off to have your amazing photos back in such time! And to top that off, every photo she takes, is yours to keep!
    Carissa is much more than just a great photographer, she is a friend who cares, and she will absolutely be our first choice for all of our future photo needs! I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Molly

Molly Putman · Married on 08/03/2019

Gorgeous pictures, fast turnaround, really easy to work with

Carissa was so easy to work with and I am SO HAPPY with all the pictures, she did a fantastic job of capturing all of our special day and also of efficiently wrangling family members for the group pictures so things didn't take too long. Both candids and posed photos turned out great.

Carissa also was very helpful with other aspects of planning our day, like establishing a timeline and having a list of other local wedding vendors. We also went with her suggestion to do a lantern release around sunset which turned out to be a great idea.

All in all, Carissa's photo package was one of the more expensive things for our smaller wedding, but I feel like it was definitely worth it and excellent value.

Sent on 08/13/2019

Samantha · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing photos!

Carissa is an amazing photographer and her attention to detail is impeccable. My husband and I have done multiple sessions with her and have never been disappointed. She has the ability to capture the true personalities of her clients which gifts you with more than just a beautiful posed picture. She is wonderful to work with and keeps things light but professional.

Sent on 06/28/2019

Sam · Married on 06/01/2019

Would definitely recommend!

Carissa is the BEST! She did our engagement and wedding photos, and I’m so pleased with them all! She’s very down to earth and just made us feel super comfortable. We’re definitely not use to getting our photos taken professionally but it just felt natural with her direction. Would definitely recommend!!! She’s also SUPER quick at getting the photos back to you, which is always a plus :)

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Hiltz · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Photographer

Carissa was amazing through the whole wedding process. She did both my engagement and wedding photos. My husband and I wanted to have snow in our engagement pictures and Carissa worked with our schedules and the weather. Anytime I had any questions she was quick to answer. She captured every second of our special day and the photos turned out beautiful.

Hannah · Married on 10/06/2018

I started booking my vendors well over a year before my now husband and I got married. I searched for different photographers, and as most people do now, looked on Facebook first (at the time Carissa was on a break from Facebook ). I didn’t find any that fit what I had envisioned, so I went to google. Shortly thereafter I came across the Carissa McClellan Photography website, and fell in love!

Literally, moments after I inquired about our wedding she replied overjoyed that she had our date available, and was willingly to chat to be sure she was the fit for us. After a quick phone call I knew she was the one.

Leading up to our wedding she would check in with me and we had the wedding day line up planned. Our wedding was this past Saturday and Carissa was a dream. Her personality beamed and she took total charge and we LOVED it. I’m in awe, I’m speechless and forever thankful I have the most beautiful photos of our special day.

Carissa , like I said family portraits, future children, anniversaries, I will be calling you ❤️ thank you so much!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Emillee · Married on 10/06/2018

Everything I could have ever imagined and more!

Carissa is AMAZING. Not only are her pictures beautiful but she is so personable and up for anything. We laid in the snow for engagement pictures and even ran for some pictures on our wedding day. We’ve had many shoots with Carissa and were NEVER disappointed.

• Carissa

Carissa Cetra · Married on 08/18/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

Carissa recently captured our wedding back in August, and she did an absolutely incredible job!! She was very professional and prepared for anything! Our whole bridal party had a great time taking the photos, and all of them turned out so beautifully!! Plus we had our pictures back within a week of the wedding! I would definitely recommend her if you are in need of a photographer!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Elle · Married on 08/04/2018

Amazing photographer

Ryan and I could not have asked for a better photographer. Carissa is super talented and took the most beautiful engagement and wedding photos. She is also the sweetest person to work with. I can’t wait for her to continue to capture all the big milestones in our life.

Jacob Sauter · Married on 07/21/2018

Five Stars is an Understatement

After researching just about every photographer in the greater Pittsburgh/Johnstown area, we fell in love with Carissa’s work. We hired her for our engagement photos, and she quickly exceeded our expectations. From the moment that we spoke to Carissa, she went above and beyond. She is professional, but extremely friendly at the same time. I, personally, do not like taking my picture because it feels uncomfortable and not natural. Carissa has this way taking all negative feelings out of the picture (no pun intended). She asks the right questions to get an understanding of what you want your photos to look like and then she finds scenery and angles that make every one of your photos look straight out of a magazine. Carissa’s turn-a-round time on getting your quality pictures out was so fast. After a wonderful experience with the engagement photos, hiring Carissa for our wedding was a no-brainer! Carissa has such a wonderful reputation throughout the wedding community, which says a lot, and she works great with all your other vendors. She makes sure that your vision of your wedding becomes true throughout your photos. During the wedding, she doesn’t get in anyone’s way to interrupt. We went on our honeymoon the day after the wedding and my wife kept checking social media, e-mails, and texts constantly waiting for our photos because she was that excited. Carissa overall shattered our expectations for every single aspect of our experience with her. I would hire her again in a heartbeat if I had to redo my wedding, and I will re-hire her for other photo shoots. Honestly, five stars is an understatement.
    Weddings are some of the most magically and memorable moments of your life. People will talk about the quality of the food, the music, and the venue for only a short time after. Pictures last forever.

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Kelli

Kelli Slonka · Married on 06/16/2018

A Dream Photographer

Carissa was the sweetest person to work with. Any questions or ideas we had she was happy to entertain. Our engagement and wedding photos turned out amazing. I have many of them scattered throughout our home. I would 10/10 recommend her to anyone. She really is the best.

Sent on 12/14/2018

Kyle · Married on 05/26/2018

Carissa is fantastic and easily deserves every bit of the 5/5 she currently has on here at the time of me writing this. She did both our wedding photos and engagement photos and both sets turned out better than we could have hoped. When picking a photographer in the Johnstown area, you'll have the option of using a run-of-the-mill local photographer, outlandishly expensive Pittsburgh photographer, or Carissa. I'm not trying to say there aren't other good options in the Johnstown area (i.e. Adliv is great, but a different style than Carissa); but if you're looking for photos that don't rely on tons of filters or dreary shadowy effects but rather natural light, Carissa is by far your best option. She was super easy to work with and a great value for the money. She knows how to frame a photo and makes everyone feel comfortable during the process. She's super easy to get along with and was willing to provide input through the planning process on any minor questions we may have had. Photos were turned over very quickly in less than two weeks and everyone loved them!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Kayla · Married on 04/28/2018

Carissa did a wonderful job with our wedding photos. We absolutely can not stop looking at them! We would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone considering her services. We had a lot of last minute changes to our day, as our outdoor wedding ceremony was moved inside due to rain. Carissa was super flexible, had great ideas, and came prepared for rain or shine. She was awesome and accomodating to make sure that we had plenty of outdoor photos regardless of the weather! She was super patient and great at organising our families together for family shots, especially considering half of my husbands family was from out of the country and from different cultural backgrounds. We absolutely loved our first look, and would highly recommend this to anyone considering having one. It really gave us the time to get all of our photos aside at a beautiful location and truely enjoy our ceremony and reception later in the day. She even organised a mini first look session for me and my father which was a super special touch. Our photos were sent to us in one week and are all amazing! Thank you so much Carissa for making our day so special!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Marley · Married on 09/23/2017

Carissa went above and beyond our expectations. She is excellent with her clients, making them feel comfortable every step of the way and she makes everything so easy. We hired Carissa for both our engagement photos and wedding. We had so many people talk about our photos and say how beautiful, light and bright they were. And we had a perfect day on wedding day, so that was super exciting! We couldn't have hired anyone better to capture this important day. If you're looking for someone reliable, she's your girl. Thanks again! xoxo

Kylie · Married on 09/09/2017

Carissa is amazing to work with! We are in love with all the pictures and have so many to help us remember our wonderful day! She's the best!

Taylor · Married on 08/26/2017

I cannot share enough good things about Carissa! She was super accommodating when we scheduled our engagement session as we were coming in from out of town even when the weather wasn’t the most cooperative. She helped our wedding day run smoothly. Every picture from our wedding is fantastic, and I love having all of our memories captured! My husband and I were blown away by her talent!

Laura · Married on 08/19/2017

Carissa was absolutely wonderful to work with! My husband and I got married in August 2017 and didn’t know much about planning a wedding. Carissa not only promptly answered all our questions regarding her photography services but also stepped up to offer advice in other areas - timeline for the day, vendors she had experience with, whether or not to have a receiving line, where to order our sparklers and what kind were allowed at our venue, etc. At our request, she met with us in person months ahead of time to go over some ideas and helped us start thinking about specifics. She also sent us a form to fill out that honestly helped me organize my planning so much. It was great to have someone to bounce ideas off of, who had seen things done a variety of ways and could really give us good feedback on what often worked and what didn’t, without being pushy about anything. She’s SO fast with responses and such a pleasant, professional person to work with. On the day of our wedding, she helped keep things calm and moving and was full of suggestions for fun poses. We LOVE how our photos turned out - high quality and resolution - and were surprised and pleased to have them back within one week of the wedding (we were able to reminisce through them while still on our honeymoon!!). Her price was fair, and I highly recommend Carissa to anyone planning a wedding in the Johnstown area. She's the best - absolutely book her if you can!

Sent on 02/08/2018

Kayla · Married on 06/17/2017

My husband and I were lucky enough to book Carissa for our engagement photos, as well as our wedding. We were so in love with all of our engagement pictures that we HAD to have her capture our wedding day! Carissa is organized, professional, and extremely timely! She has such a wonderful talent for placing, directing, and capturing every detail. We absolutely love our pictures and could not wait to share them with our friends and family. We would absolutely recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat.