Carissa McClellan Photography Reviews

Carissa McClellan Photography 6
Carissa McClellan Photography 7
  • Molly

Molly Putman · Married on 08/03/2019

Gorgeous pictures, fast turnaround, really easy to work with

Carissa was so easy to work with and I am SO HAPPY with all the pictures, she did a fantastic job of capturing all of our special day and also of efficiently wrangling family members for the group pictures so things didn't take too long. Both candids and posed photos turned out great.

Carissa also was very helpful with other aspects of planning our day, like establishing a timeline and having a list of other local wedding vendors. We also went with her suggestion to do a lantern release around sunset which turned out to be a great idea.

All in all, Carissa's photo package was one of the more expensive things for our smaller wedding, but I feel like it was definitely worth it and excellent value.

Sent on 08/13/2019
    Carissa McClellan Photography 8

Samantha · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing photos!

Carissa is an amazing photographer and her attention to detail is impeccable. My husband and I have done multiple sessions with her and have never been disappointed. She has the ability to capture the true personalities of her clients which gifts you with more than just a beautiful posed picture. She is wonderful to work with and keeps things light but professional.

Sent on 06/28/2019
    Carissa McClellan Photography 9
    Carissa McClellan Photography 10

Sam · Married on 06/01/2019

Would definitely recommend!

Carissa is the BEST! She did our engagement and wedding photos, and I’m so pleased with them all! She’s very down to earth and just made us feel super comfortable. We’re definitely not use to getting our photos taken professionally but it just felt natural with her direction. Would definitely recommend!!! She’s also SUPER quick at getting the photos back to you, which is always a plus :)

Sent on 06/05/2019
    Carissa McClellan Photography 11
    Carissa McClellan Photography 12
    Carissa McClellan Photography 13
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Hiltz · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Photographer

Carissa was amazing through the whole wedding process. She did both my engagement and wedding photos. My husband and I wanted to have snow in our engagement pictures and Carissa worked with our schedules and the weather. Anytime I had any questions she was quick to answer. She captured every second of our special day and the photos turned out beautiful.

Carissa McClellan Photography 14
    Carissa McClellan Photography 15
    Carissa McClellan Photography 16
    Carissa McClellan Photography 17
    Carissa McClellan Photography 18

Hannah · Married on 10/06/2018

I started booking my vendors well over a year before my now husband and I got married. I searched for different photographers, and as most people do now, looked on Facebook first (at the time Carissa was on a break from Facebook ). I didn’t find any that fit what I had envisioned, so I went to google. Shortly thereafter I came across the Carissa McClellan Photography website, and fell in love!

Literally, moments after I inquired about our wedding she replied overjoyed that she had our date available, and was willingly to chat to be sure she was the fit for us. After a quick phone call I knew she was the one.

Leading up to our wedding she would check in with me and we had the wedding day line up planned. Our wedding was this past Saturday and Carissa was a dream. Her personality beamed and she took total charge and we LOVED it. I’m in awe, I’m speechless and forever thankful I have the most beautiful photos of our special day.

Carissa , like I said family portraits, future children, anniversaries, I will be calling you ❤️ thank you so much!

Sent on 10/05/2018
    Carissa McClellan Photography 19
    Carissa McClellan Photography 20
    Carissa McClellan Photography 21
    Carissa McClellan Photography 22
    Carissa McClellan Photography 23
    Carissa McClellan Photography 24

Emillee · Married on 10/06/2018

Everything I could have ever imagined and more!

Carissa is AMAZING. Not only are her pictures beautiful but she is so personable and up for anything. We laid in the snow for engagement pictures and even ran for some pictures on our wedding day. We’ve had many shoots with Carissa and were NEVER disappointed.

Carissa McClellan Photography 25
    Carissa McClellan Photography 26
    Carissa McClellan Photography 27
    Carissa McClellan Photography 28
  • Carissa

Carissa Cetra · Married on 08/18/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

Carissa recently captured our wedding back in August, and she did an absolutely incredible job!! She was very professional and prepared for anything! Our whole bridal party had a great time taking the photos, and all of them turned out so beautifully!! Plus we had our pictures back within a week of the wedding! I would definitely recommend her if you are in need of a photographer!

Sent on 10/28/2018
    Carissa McClellan Photography 29
    Carissa McClellan Photography 30
    Carissa McClellan Photography 31

Elle · Married on 08/04/2018

Amazing photographer

Ryan and I could not have asked for a better photographer. Carissa is super talented and took the most beautiful engagement and wedding photos. She is also the sweetest person to work with. I can’t wait for her to continue to capture all the big milestones in our life.

Carissa McClellan Photography 32
    Carissa McClellan Photography 33
    Carissa McClellan Photography 34

Jacob Sauter · Married on 07/21/2018

Five Stars is an Understatement

After researching just about every photographer in the greater Pittsburgh/Johnstown area, we fell in love with Carissa’s work. We hired her for our engagement photos, and she quickly exceeded our expectations. From the moment that we spoke to Carissa, she went above and beyond. She is professional, but extremely friendly at the same time. I, personally, do not like taking my picture because it feels uncomfortable and not natural. Carissa has this way taking all negative feelings out of the picture (no pun intended). She asks the right questions to get an understanding of what you want your photos to look like and then she finds scenery and angles that make every one of your photos look straight out of a magazine. Carissa’s turn-a-round time on getting your quality pictures out was so fast. After a wonderful experience with the engagement photos, hiring Carissa for our wedding was a no-brainer! Carissa has such a wonderful reputation throughout the wedding community, which says a lot, and she works great with all your other vendors. She makes sure that your vision of your wedding becomes true throughout your photos. During the wedding, she doesn’t get in anyone’s way to interrupt. We went on our honeymoon the day after the wedding and my wife kept checking social media, e-mails, and texts constantly waiting for our photos because she was that excited. Carissa overall shattered our expectations for every single aspect of our experience with her. I would hire her again in a heartbeat if I had to redo my wedding, and I will re-hire her for other photo shoots. Honestly, five stars is an understatement.
    Weddings are some of the most magically and memorable moments of your life. People will talk about the quality of the food, the music, and the venue for only a short time after. Pictures last forever.

Sent on 12/31/2018
    Carissa McClellan Photography 40
  • Kelli

Kelli Slonka · Married on 06/16/2018

A Dream Photographer

Carissa was the sweetest person to work with. Any questions or ideas we had she was happy to entertain. Our engagement and wedding photos turned out amazing. I have many of them scattered throughout our home. I would 10/10 recommend her to anyone. She really is the best.

Sent on 12/14/2018
    Carissa McClellan Photography 41
    Carissa McClellan Photography 42
    Carissa McClellan Photography 43

Kyle · Married on 05/26/2018

Carissa is fantastic and easily deserves every bit of the 5/5 she currently has on here at the time of me writing this. She did both our wedding photos and engagement photos and both sets turned out better than we could have hoped. When picking a photographer in the Johnstown area, you'll have the option of using a run-of-the-mill local photographer, outlandishly expensive Pittsburgh photographer, or Carissa. I'm not trying to say there aren't other good options in the Johnstown area (i.e. Adliv is great, but a different style than Carissa); but if you're looking for photos that don't rely on tons of filters or dreary shadowy effects but rather natural light, Carissa is by far your best option. She was super easy to work with and a great value for the money. She knows how to frame a photo and makes everyone feel comfortable during the process. She's super easy to get along with and was willing to provide input through the planning process on any minor questions we may have had. Photos were turned over very quickly in less than two weeks and everyone loved them!

Sent on 06/18/2018
    Carissa McClellan Photography 44
    Carissa McClellan Photography 45

Kayla · Married on 04/28/2018

Carissa did a wonderful job with our wedding photos. We absolutely can not stop looking at them! We would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone considering her services. We had a lot of last minute changes to our day, as our outdoor wedding ceremony was moved inside due to rain. Carissa was super flexible, had great ideas, and came prepared for rain or shine. She was awesome and accomodating to make sure that we had plenty of outdoor photos regardless of the weather! She was super patient and great at organising our families together for family shots, especially considering half of my husbands family was from out of the country and from different cultural backgrounds. We absolutely loved our first look, and would highly recommend this to anyone considering having one. It really gave us the time to get all of our photos aside at a beautiful location and truely enjoy our ceremony and reception later in the day. She even organised a mini first look session for me and my father which was a super special touch. Our photos were sent to us in one week and are all amazing! Thank you so much Carissa for making our day so special!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Marley · Married on 09/23/2017

Carissa went above and beyond our expectations. She is excellent with her clients, making them feel comfortable every step of the way and she makes everything so easy. We hired Carissa for both our engagement photos and wedding. We had so many people talk about our photos and say how beautiful, light and bright they were. And we had a perfect day on wedding day, so that was super exciting! We couldn't have hired anyone better to capture this important day. If you're looking for someone reliable, she's your girl. Thanks again! xoxo

Carissa McClellan Photography 46
    Carissa McClellan Photography 53
    Carissa McClellan Photography 54
    Carissa McClellan Photography 55

Kylie · Married on 09/09/2017

Carissa is amazing to work with! We are in love with all the pictures and have so many to help us remember our wonderful day! She's the best!

Taylor · Married on 08/26/2017

I cannot share enough good things about Carissa! She was super accommodating when we scheduled our engagement session as we were coming in from out of town even when the weather wasn’t the most cooperative. She helped our wedding day run smoothly. Every picture from our wedding is fantastic, and I love having all of our memories captured! My husband and I were blown away by her talent!

Carissa McClellan Photography 56
    Carissa McClellan Photography 57
    Carissa McClellan Photography 58
    Carissa McClellan Photography 59
    Carissa McClellan Photography 60

Laura · Married on 08/19/2017

Carissa was absolutely wonderful to work with! My husband and I got married in August 2017 and didn’t know much about planning a wedding. Carissa not only promptly answered all our questions regarding her photography services but also stepped up to offer advice in other areas - timeline for the day, vendors she had experience with, whether or not to have a receiving line, where to order our sparklers and what kind were allowed at our venue, etc. At our request, she met with us in person months ahead of time to go over some ideas and helped us start thinking about specifics. She also sent us a form to fill out that honestly helped me organize my planning so much. It was great to have someone to bounce ideas off of, who had seen things done a variety of ways and could really give us good feedback on what often worked and what didn’t, without being pushy about anything. She’s SO fast with responses and such a pleasant, professional person to work with. On the day of our wedding, she helped keep things calm and moving and was full of suggestions for fun poses. We LOVE how our photos turned out - high quality and resolution - and were surprised and pleased to have them back within one week of the wedding (we were able to reminisce through them while still on our honeymoon!!). Her price was fair, and I highly recommend Carissa to anyone planning a wedding in the Johnstown area. She's the best - absolutely book her if you can!

Sent on 02/08/2018
    Carissa McClellan Photography 67
    Carissa McClellan Photography 68
    Carissa McClellan Photography 69

Kayla · Married on 06/17/2017

My husband and I were lucky enough to book Carissa for our engagement photos, as well as our wedding. We were so in love with all of our engagement pictures that we HAD to have her capture our wedding day! Carissa is organized, professional, and extremely timely! She has such a wonderful talent for placing, directing, and capturing every detail. We absolutely love our pictures and could not wait to share them with our friends and family. We would absolutely recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat.

Carissa McClellan Photography 70
    Carissa McClellan Photography 71

Carrie Tongarm · Married on 06/03/2017

Amazing ! She is the best!

Her photos were like high end magazine shots! She was wonderful to work with and got so many amazing shots. We loved working with her!

Sent on 06/02/2019
    Carissa McClellan Photography 72
    Carissa McClellan Photography 73
    Carissa McClellan Photography 74

Kelli · Married on 05/27/2017

Carissa was amazing to work with for my wedding! She went above and beyond to help with everything, I mean EVERYTHING! I'd recommend her in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Kelli · Married on 05/27/2017

Carissa is wonderful! We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer to capture all of our special moments.

Cara · Married on 05/20/2017

Carissa was phenomenal!!!! I would 110% recommend her (so many people already have messaged me for her info because they were so impressed with our engagement and wedding pictures!) She was extremely professional, easy to work with and communicate with and made the picture taking part of the day fun! She captured every single moment and went above and beyond - an extremely motivated and hard working professional! She truly made our day extra special - pulled my groom and I aside around sunset and took some pictures outside which also allowed us to take a moment and reflect on our perfect day together before going back into the venue to continue the celebration with our guests. She took so much stress off of us because she made the picture taking process so easy and stress-free since first communicating with her. Our family and friends cannot stop raving about our pictures ! We are not the most "photogenic people" until Carissa starting working her magic! We will cherish our photos forever!!!!!!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Joelle · Married on 04/29/2017

Carissa was amazing!! She captured a lot of pictures in a short amount of time. We loved the results, every picture was creative and the quality was top notch!! Carissa was very professional and we got the all the pictures back quickly!! I would recommend Carissa to anyone getting married!!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/24/2016

I would recommend Carissa to any bride searching for a photographer. Not only are the quality of her pictures amazing and unique but she also is very professional, timely in her responses, and helpful with any question you may have.

Carrisa made our wedding day stress free with being so organized and helping us with our timeline of the day! I would not have wanted anyone else to capture the most special moments of my life. I now get to have those precious memories forever!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Patrick · Married on 09/10/2016

My beautiful wife is obsessed with photography and with photos in general. She loves how various people can take the same picture and each picture can tell a different story. So when she said we had to book Carissa, I said what most men do and said "yes dear." Then she told me that we had to move our wedding date bc Carissa was booked on the day that we had originally intended and I was not pleased but I acquiesced.

In my head, a photographer just takes pictures and that's that. What's the big deal?

I was wrong. I was really wrong. Carissa was NEXT LEVEL AMAZING. I'm not talking just pictures which are incredible and magazine worthy. I'm talking just overall everything.

Our day was kind of hectic which I'm sure is how most wedding days go. Time flies and things go wrong but Carissa was a rock a true professional and then some. She kept everything moving smoothly and got all the pictures that my wife had wanted. Even the weather wouldn't cooperate Carissa was patient and captured the perfect moments and made sure my wife got every photo that they had discussed.

Not only that but she was kind and gentle with the kids, complimentary and accommodating with the bride and bridesmaids but also firm and authoritative with the groomsmen and myself, which is exactly what we need because like most guys we were just messing around. She really has a way with reading people and getting the most out of us and that was evident in the pictures.

My wife was happy with the fact that she literally took thousands of pictures. When you hear that, you'd think that we didn't get our pictures for weeks... we had them in what seemed like 3 days. Plus if she came across one she truly loved she'd shoot us a text with it and that just truly shows you the type of person she is... she cares just as much about your wedding as you do.

Sent on 10/29/2016

BREANNA · Married on 09/03/2016

5.0/5.0 is not enough for Carissa. She was our photographer for our engagement and wedding photos this past September. She was organized, timely ( which I am not), creative, and listened to everything we wanted. She was incredibly professional, kind, and fun to work with. Our pictures are amazing, and its so convenient to have the rights of the photographs online and on a flash drive. All of our guests were so impressed with how she kept everyone on time and captured everything we wanted. When you book Carissa please please consider a first look on your wedding day. It was not something my husband and I initially considered, but loved her portfolio. We decided to do a first look where we met, IUP. This is such a special moment, and now are my favorite pictures of the entire day. Carissa has thought of everything to make your wedding day perfect.

Sent on 10/25/2016