Carissa McClellan Photography Reviews

51 | Johnstown, PA

51 Reviews for Carissa McClellan Photography

51 Carissa McClellan Photography Reviews

Hannah · Married on 10/06/2018

I started booking my vendors well over a year before my now husband and I got married. I searched for different photographers, and as most people do now, looked on Facebook first (at the time Carissa was on a break from Facebook ). I didn’t find any that fit what I had envisioned, so I went to google. Shortly thereafter I came across the Carissa McClellan Photography website, and fell in love!

Literally, moments after I inquired about our wedding she replied overjoyed that she had our date available, and was willingly to chat to be sure she was the fit for us. After a quick phone call I knew she was the one.

Leading up to our wedding she would check in with me and we had the wedding day line up planned. Our wedding was this past Saturday and Carissa was a dream. Her personality beamed and she took total charge and we LOVED it. I’m in awe, I’m speechless and forever thankful I have the most beautiful photos of our special day.

Carissa , like I said family portraits, future children, anniversaries, I will be calling you ❤️ thank you so much!

Carissa McClellan Photography 1
    Carissa McClellan Photography 6
  • Carissa

Carissa Cetra · Married on 08/18/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

Carissa recently captured our wedding back in August, and she did an absolutely incredible job!! She was very professional and prepared for anything! Our whole bridal party had a great time taking the photos, and all of them turned out so beautifully!! Plus we had our pictures back within a week of the wedding! I would definitely recommend her if you are in need of a photographer!

Carissa McClellan Photography 7
    Carissa McClellan Photography 8
    Carissa McClellan Photography 9

Kyle · Married on 05/26/2018

Carissa is fantastic and easily deserves every bit of the 5/5 she currently has on here at the time of me writing this. She did both our wedding photos and engagement photos and both sets turned out better than we could have hoped. When picking a photographer in the Johnstown area, you'll have the option of using a run-of-the-mill local photographer, outlandishly expensive Pittsburgh photographer, or Carissa. I'm not trying to say there aren't other good options in the Johnstown area (i.e. Adliv is great, but a different style than Carissa); but if you're looking for photos that don't rely on tons of filters or dreary shadowy effects but rather natural light, Carissa is by far your best option. She was super easy to work with and a great value for the money. She knows how to frame a photo and makes everyone feel comfortable during the process. She's super easy to get along with and was willing to provide input through the planning process on any minor questions we may have had. Photos were turned over very quickly in less than two weeks and everyone loved them!

Carissa McClellan Photography 10
    Carissa McClellan Photography 11

Kayla · Married on 04/28/2018

Carissa did a wonderful job with our wedding photos. We absolutely can not stop looking at them! We would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone considering her services. We had a lot of last minute changes to our day, as our outdoor wedding ceremony was moved inside due to rain. Carissa was super flexible, had great ideas, and came prepared for rain or shine. She was awesome and accomodating to make sure that we had plenty of outdoor photos regardless of the weather! She was super patient and great at organising our families together for family shots, especially considering half of my husbands family was from out of the country and from different cultural backgrounds. We absolutely loved our first look, and would highly recommend this to anyone considering having one. It really gave us the time to get all of our photos aside at a beautiful location and truely enjoy our ceremony and reception later in the day. She even organised a mini first look session for me and my father which was a super special touch. Our photos were sent to us in one week and are all amazing! Thank you so much Carissa for making our day so special!

Marley · Married on 09/23/2017

Carissa went above and beyond our expectations. She is excellent with her clients, making them feel comfortable every step of the way and she makes everything so easy. We hired Carissa for both our engagement photos and wedding. We had so many people talk about our photos and say how beautiful, light and bright they were. And we had a perfect day on wedding day, so that was super exciting! We couldn't have hired anyone better to capture this important day. If you're looking for someone reliable, she's your girl. Thanks again! xoxo

Carissa McClellan Photography 12
    Carissa McClellan Photography 19
    Carissa McClellan Photography 20
    Carissa McClellan Photography 21

Kylie · Married on 09/09/2017

Carissa is amazing to work with! We are in love with all the pictures and have so many to help us remember our wonderful day! She's the best!

Taylor · Married on 08/26/2017

I cannot share enough good things about Carissa! She was super accommodating when we scheduled our engagement session as we were coming in from out of town even when the weather wasn’t the most cooperative. She helped our wedding day run smoothly. Every picture from our wedding is fantastic, and I love having all of our memories captured! My husband and I were blown away by her talent!

Carissa McClellan Photography 22
    Carissa McClellan Photography 23
    Carissa McClellan Photography 24
    Carissa McClellan Photography 25
    Carissa McClellan Photography 26

Laura · Married on 08/19/2017

Carissa was absolutely wonderful to work with! My husband and I got married in August 2017 and didn’t know much about planning a wedding. Carissa not only promptly answered all our questions regarding her photography services but also stepped up to offer advice in other areas - timeline for the day, vendors she had experience with, whether or not to have a receiving line, where to order our sparklers and what kind were allowed at our venue, etc. At our request, she met with us in person months ahead of time to go over some ideas and helped us start thinking about specifics. She also sent us a form to fill out that honestly helped me organize my planning so much. It was great to have someone to bounce ideas off of, who had seen things done a variety of ways and could really give us good feedback on what often worked and what didn’t, without being pushy about anything. She’s SO fast with responses and such a pleasant, professional person to work with. On the day of our wedding, she helped keep things calm and moving and was full of suggestions for fun poses. We LOVE how our photos turned out - high quality and resolution - and were surprised and pleased to have them back within one week of the wedding (we were able to reminisce through them while still on our honeymoon!!). Her price was fair, and I highly recommend Carissa to anyone planning a wedding in the Johnstown area. She's the best - absolutely book her if you can!

Carissa McClellan Photography 27
    Carissa McClellan Photography 33
    Carissa McClellan Photography 34
    Carissa McClellan Photography 35

Kayla · Married on 06/17/2017

My husband and I were lucky enough to book Carissa for our engagement photos, as well as our wedding. We were so in love with all of our engagement pictures that we HAD to have her capture our wedding day! Carissa is organized, professional, and extremely timely! She has such a wonderful talent for placing, directing, and capturing every detail. We absolutely love our pictures and could not wait to share them with our friends and family. We would absolutely recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat.

Carissa McClellan Photography 36
    Carissa McClellan Photography 37

Kelli · Married on 05/27/2017

Carissa was amazing to work with for my wedding! She went above and beyond to help with everything, I mean EVERYTHING! I'd recommend her in a heartbeat!

Kelli · Married on 05/27/2017

Carissa is wonderful! We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer to capture all of our special moments.

Cara · Married on 05/20/2017

Carissa was phenomenal!!!! I would 110% recommend her (so many people already have messaged me for her info because they were so impressed with our engagement and wedding pictures!) She was extremely professional, easy to work with and communicate with and made the picture taking part of the day fun! She captured every single moment and went above and beyond - an extremely motivated and hard working professional! She truly made our day extra special - pulled my groom and I aside around sunset and took some pictures outside which also allowed us to take a moment and reflect on our perfect day together before going back into the venue to continue the celebration with our guests. She took so much stress off of us because she made the picture taking process so easy and stress-free since first communicating with her. Our family and friends cannot stop raving about our pictures ! We are not the most "photogenic people" until Carissa starting working her magic! We will cherish our photos forever!!!!!!

Joelle · Married on 04/29/2017

Carissa was amazing!! She captured a lot of pictures in a short amount of time. We loved the results, every picture was creative and the quality was top notch!! Carissa was very professional and we got the all the pictures back quickly!! I would recommend Carissa to anyone getting married!!

Nicole · Married on 09/24/2016

I would recommend Carissa to any bride searching for a photographer. Not only are the quality of her pictures amazing and unique but she also is very professional, timely in her responses, and helpful with any question you may have.

Carrisa made our wedding day stress free with being so organized and helping us with our timeline of the day! I would not have wanted anyone else to capture the most special moments of my life. I now get to have those precious memories forever!

Patrick · Married on 09/10/2016

My beautiful wife is obsessed with photography and with photos in general. She loves how various people can take the same picture and each picture can tell a different story. So when she said we had to book Carissa, I said what most men do and said "yes dear." Then she told me that we had to move our wedding date bc Carissa was booked on the day that we had originally intended and I was not pleased but I acquiesced.

In my head, a photographer just takes pictures and that's that. What's the big deal?

I was wrong. I was really wrong. Carissa was NEXT LEVEL AMAZING. I'm not talking just pictures which are incredible and magazine worthy. I'm talking just overall everything.

Our day was kind of hectic which I'm sure is how most wedding days go. Time flies and things go wrong but Carissa was a rock a true professional and then some. She kept everything moving smoothly and got all the pictures that my wife had wanted. Even the weather wouldn't cooperate Carissa was patient and captured the perfect moments and made sure my wife got every photo that they had discussed.

Not only that but she was kind and gentle with the kids, complimentary and accommodating with the bride and bridesmaids but also firm and authoritative with the groomsmen and myself, which is exactly what we need because like most guys we were just messing around. She really has a way with reading people and getting the most out of us and that was evident in the pictures.

My wife was happy with the fact that she literally took thousands of pictures. When you hear that, you'd think that we didn't get our pictures for weeks... we had them in what seemed like 3 days. Plus if she came across one she truly loved she'd shoot us a text with it and that just truly shows you the type of person she is... she cares just as much about your wedding as you do.

BREANNA · Married on 09/03/2016

5.0/5.0 is not enough for Carissa. She was our photographer for our engagement and wedding photos this past September. She was organized, timely ( which I am not), creative, and listened to everything we wanted. She was incredibly professional, kind, and fun to work with. Our pictures are amazing, and its so convenient to have the rights of the photographs online and on a flash drive. All of our guests were so impressed with how she kept everyone on time and captured everything we wanted. When you book Carissa please please consider a first look on your wedding day. It was not something my husband and I initially considered, but loved her portfolio. We decided to do a first look where we met, IUP. This is such a special moment, and now are my favorite pictures of the entire day. Carissa has thought of everything to make your wedding day perfect.

Shanna · Married on 08/06/2016

Carissa was amazing! She captured our special day and gave us photos that we will cherish forever. Her photos are beautiful and we had so many compliments on them. We can't thank her enough! She also had our photos finished quickly and we were able to see them shortly after the wedding. They print wonderfully and she even provided us with great resources to use for prints, canvases, etc! I would recommend her to anyone!

Jocelyn · Married on 06/10/2016

Your wedding day is a whirlwind, and Everything happens so fast. At the end of the day, you are only left with memories, photographs, and a happily every after. Everyone said to make sure I got a wonderful photographer, because your photos with last forever. After looking at various portfolios and talking to many vendors, I knew Carissa was the perfect photographer for my husband and I. She is easy to get in contact with, is very professional, and has wonderful customer service. She has a vibrant and energetic personality that allowed myself, my husband, and my very shy 9 year old son to be very comfortable in front of her and the camera.
    I received sneak peeks the day after my wedding, and all of my digital prints in 6 days. I have gotten nothing by raving compliments about my wedding portraits. As a bride, it is wonderful problem when you can't decide which photos to print, because you want them all. I cannot say enough about Carissa. If you are looking to remember your wedding long after that special day, with the most amazing pictures, be sure to book Carissa! You won't regret it!

Lauren · Married on 05/28/2016

I can't even begin to describe how amazing of a wedding photographer Carissa is. From beginning to end Carissa was a breeze to work with. I had worked with her once before- she was the wedding photographer for my sister-in-laws wedding and from that point I knew we had to have her shoot our wedding as well. We have definitely kept her in the family- in total she will have been the photographer for 4 family weddings. Let's just say I'm lucky our paths have crossed so many times! She was super helpful through the wedding planning process- talking about our wedding vision, helping me set a timeline for the day, and researching picture locations. She checked in with me the night before the wedding and afterwards. She was genuinely invested in making our day so special. Having her as our wedding photographer made me completely worry free. All day she was energetic and made everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. She had such an eye for detail and captured so many beautiful pictures. I'm sure it can be overwhelming to control a big wedding party, but she handled it flawlessly and got everyone to participate. My husband and I fully trusted her opinion the day of as we changed poses/locations/etc. Her natural direction kept everyone on task and it seemed picture time flew by for the bridal party. I don't know how she does it by herself, but she DOES NOT miss a beat, detail, or moment throughout the day. After the wedding, literally 48 hours later we got a sneak peek. And not even a week had gone by and we received the link to all of our pictures while we were on our honeymoon. She is so fast at getting the images to you. The USB with the full images was at our house the night we got home from our honeymoon too with the sweetest card attached. There are so many amazing photos we are having a difficult time compiling a list of our favorites. I would highly recommend Carissa to any bride looking for a wedding photographer!

Toniann · Married on 05/20/2016

Carissa was so easy to work with and great with communication and flexibility.

Dominique · Married on 11/14/2015

Carissa is an amazing photographer. When I got engaged I instantly thought of her to do my wedding because of seeing her posts online of pictures she has taken. Then once my (now) husband and I met with her, I felt at ease instantly and booked her that same day. She is very well organized and opened her schedule up to fit me in whenever I needed to meet. She also made many suggestions of locations and took my thoughts into her work as well. I told her after I got my photos back that I am probably being biased because it is my wedding photos but that I looked at friends photos and realized that either the photos were blurry in background, dark, or just set up wrong in general. With Carissa's photography, it is awesome to see everyone's expressions in the backgrounds and to capture the whole setting not just my husband and I. I will forever have these photos and I am so happy I chose Carissa to take them. I would recommend anyone to Carissa and not just for wedding photos. Best part is that I had all my photos back before I even got back from my honeymoon! Book her quickly before someone else does!

Carissa had done our engagement photos and was excellent! We knew after our session we had to have her for our wedding. She is very professional and a wonderful person. Her personality helped us to feel relaxed while taking our photos. We were both so comfortable with her. She has a quick turn around with the photos as well and all of the photos turned out amazing. It was so hard to pick our favorites. The online gallery she uses for the photos was so nice, as we were able to easily share our photos with all of our friends and family to download and purchase. We would both highly recommend Carissa!

Sara · Married on 10/24/2015

If you're reading these to decide if you want to work with Carissa on your wedding day, trust me, you don't want to pass this opportunity up!! My wedding planning was such a challenge from the get go ( living in San Francisco, CA but planning a wedding of 100+ in PA) but working with Carissa was always seamless. She even helped with feedback of local venues and scouted out great areas for pictures that would fit the aesthetic we were going for. It was so important to us to have outstanding photos to remember the day and share with our family members that couldn't be there in person. Not only were the photos gorgeous and thoughtfully captured, we had access to them almost immediately! I kid you not, blog access within 2 days, digital shots within 5 and the full USB by 7 delivered all the way to CA! We loved every minute of working with Carissa as she provided such a fun, calming aura to us and our guests. If you want TONS of beautiful, quality shots that you will treasure for a lifetime, Carissa is your girl!!

Lauren · Married on 10/10/2015

Even before we were engaged I knew I NEEDED to have Carissa as our photographer. Every time she added a new blog post, I would look through the photos and admire how she was able to capture those moments so beautifully.

From the day I reached out to Carissa asking about our date, she consistently stayed in touch. She walked me through a timeline, gave thoughtful advice and genuinely loves her job.

On our wedding day, I forgot the hanger my friend got me and we made due with the one at the hotel. I was perfectly fine with that, but I think my mom felt bad. About a week later, Carissa met my mom (who had the hanger in hand) to get some photos. Then, we had access to our photo site THE NEXT DAY. Seriously. She's amazing.

I'm the type of person who spends hours reading mascara reviews before trying a new tube, so I totally understand obsessing over something as huge as a wedding photographer. Trust me, you've found the one.

Lora · Married on 09/26/2015

Finding a photographer was the biggest priority on my to-do list when planning our wedding. When I saw Carissa’s photos from a previous wedding I knew I had to have her. Her style was exactly what I was looking for and she couldn’t have captured our special day any better. I talked/emailed Carissa more than any other vendor while planning our wedding and she was nothing but professional, creative and thoughtful throughout the wedding process. Carissa and I discussed prior to our wedding day the location that we would go after the ceremony to take pictures. On the drive to the ceremony to say I DO she asked if we could stop at this run down building across from the church and take some photos after the ceremony. I was a little hesitant because the building was an eyesore of the town and needed torn down but I trusted Carissa and said SURE. It was the BEST decision ever! Our pictures turned out beautiful and she completely captured our style. Plus she handled our rowdy bridal party amazingly and kept us on schedule all day
    Oh and I can’t forget to mention that we received ALL of our wedding photos within 1 WEEK! AMAZING!
    Check out our pictures!:) http://carissamcclellan.com/wedding/bryan-lora/