Caricatures By Marty Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Katerina W. Married on 04/30/2022

Marty was a huge hit!

We were so happy we hired Marty to draw sketches for our guests at our wedding! He was a huge, huge hit! The drawings were a fun and unique experience and souvenir for our guests. Marty was always responsive, easy to work with, and professional. Thanks so much, Marty!

Thank you Katerina!

It was my first time in the city in a while and Bryant Park was such a cool place. Meeting and talking to people from around the country and the world was really cool.

Thanks again for booking me,
  • Devan
    Devan C. Married on 01/21/2022

Amazing Addition to our wedding!

Marty was incredible at our wedding. When thinking about entertainment for our guests, I wanted something different. Usually a wedding will have a photo booth, but I thought having a professional caricature artist would be unique, and he did not disappoint. All of my guests (and ourselves) were so impressed! Such an amazing addition, thank you so much Marty!

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thank you Devan! I'm glad you ended up getting the picture I did of the two of you. Before I left I saw you on the dance floor, as I worked my way in to give you your picture you ran out the other side and up the staircase like Cinderella. So I gave it to a couple and hoped you would get it. :o)
  • Kelli
    Kelli C. Married on 12/18/2021

Such a fun addition to your wedding Marty is one of a kind!

Such a wonderful addition to our wedding! We originally wanted to have some sort of entertainment for some of our older guests who do not drink and a caricature artist was a great idea I saw online. In terms of scheduling, he is prompt and very responsive very easy to work with! Marty was a hit with everyone he started during cocktail hour and moved into the main ball room for the reception. His work is phenomenal and he was able to get through almost all of our guests and even made sure to make one for me and my husband in color! A wonderful memory/keepsake to bring home for your guests. We had so many positive comments on Marty from our guests we would very very highly recommend his services!

Hi Kelli,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, I remember some of your guests right from the beginning of the cocktail hour that were fun to draw and started the ball rolling from there.

Hope all is well,
  • Erin
    Erin B. Married on 11/05/2021

Thank you Marty!

Marty was such a hit at our wedding. He was kind to all of our guests who loved going home with a fun drawing. Marty is professional, responsive and talented. Book him!

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Hi Erin, wow, how time flies, I'm been busy doing lots of parties and weddings, finally getting a chance to reply. I looked at the pictures I took on my phone and wish there was a way I could post some up here. Well thank you and best wishes, Marty.
  • Nathalie
    Nathalie L. Married on 07/29/2021

Mr. & Mrs. Jeffress

Marty was so amazing. Due to the pandemic and we had to postpone our wedding 3 times and Marty was so understanding and willing to accommodate our needs. All of our guests raved about him. Not 1 complaint from our guests. My only regret was not hiring him for the entire night The pictures came out great. Great choice for souvenir for the guests.

Hi Natalie,

That was a fun wedding! A funny thing happened to me when I was finished (it was a weeknight and I had to get up early for work the next day) but the party was still going on for another hour. I had all my stuff packed up at midnight and was waiting for the event planner to pay me, only I had been drawing off the dance floor so as I'm standing there waiting a girl comes through the dance floor grabs my hands and pulls me out into the middle of it, thinking I was looking to dance with someone I guess. She's telling me "shake that thing" and stuff like that (I'm not much of a dancer) finally after a minute or two I spotted the event planner and escaped to her. :0)

Thanks for the review,
  • Carrie
    Carrie R. Married on 06/05/2021

Fun addition to any wedding!

Marty is so great! His art is fun, he’s engaging with guests, and very responsive to emails. This was such a fun addition to our wedding. I am so happy we had Marty! Definitely recommend!

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thank you so much, you had great weather and a great location for your outdoor wedding/weddings. The dual Indian-American weddings were really cool and your guests were fun to meet and talk to while drawing them.

Best wishes,
    Kelly B. Married on 05/31/2021

A total hit!

Marty was super easy to work with. We unfortunately were covid wedding postponementers, we had to move dates 3 times. Marty was more the willing to continue to work with us, communicating quickly and was easy to schedule.

Our guests absolutely loved Marty! Aside from the drawings, he was fun and made sure our guests were enjoying themselves. The drawings are so good, it was a huge hit! I could not recommend Marty enough!

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Hi Kelly, it took some time, but that fourth date was meant to be! I’m glad you liked my little additional dates crossed out in the lower left corner of your picture. Thanks for adding the picture of those drawings. That was a fun wedding, best wishes.
    - Marty
  • Kay
    Kay V. Married on 05/14/2021

An amazing and unique addition to our day!

From the very first email Marty was a pleasure to work with, he always responded so quickly and was very helpful and informative. He was even more wonderful day of our wedding, he was engaging with our guests and gave them beautiful one of a kind pieces of artwork to bring home. He made sure to take the time to find my husband and I to take our photo quickly so we would not have to sit with him and could enjoy every minute of our night. If you’re thinking about booking Marty for your event, DO IT!

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thanks Katie, that was a busy one for me, from the start of the cocktail hour straight through to the last song and I had fun!
    Guinee Married on 05/09/2021

Marty the one man party

Marty was great! Very sweet, polite, and professional.

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Hi, I'm glad I got to do an individual picture for each of you before they had to leave and that group picture of most of you. That was fun, thanks again!
    Sal P. Married on 05/04/2021

Excellent Cartoonist !!

Marty was a huge hit at our daughters wedding, especially in a time where not everyone might want to Dance due to the Pandemic. Everyone gets to take a Cartoon like picture of themselves, & their families home. So it becomes a token, or a great reminder of the time they spent at the Wedding. Everyone at the Wedding Loved It !!

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Hi Sal, sorry it took so long getting back to you, time just flies sometimes. I'm glad I was a part of that unique wedding and your "tattoo sleeve" was great!
    Janet Married on 01/29/2021

Best Caricaturist!

Marty was a pleasure to work with! I contacted him about two weeks before my wedding looking for an alternative for guests since dancing wasn’t allowed. He got back to me within hours and his prices were very reasonable! The day of our wedding he was there early and our guests LOVED it! I can’t recommend Marty enough. He took our picture early on in the night and gave us our portrait at the end, we love it and our guests are still talking about it!

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Hi Janet, that was another fun night for me. I was busy from the time the cocktail hour started, one of your guests helped me move some chairs into the reception room and continued through the night. Drawing the caricatures in color was also fun, I don't get to do that much.
    Tammy B. Married on 12/12/2020

This experience is like no other!!

Marty was phenomenal!! After having to postpone our Big wedding we were looking for some thing turned retain our guests with. I found him through a wedding group that I’m a part of and everyone had nothing but good things to say about him. When I emailed him to ask him about his availability he got back to me within an hour and every email after that was answered in a timely fashion. He was very personable his work is amazing and everyone at my wedding loved him. I would hire him again in a heartbeat. If anybody was wondering if you should do this for your wedding or any kind of party I highly recommend it!

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Hi Tammy, your wedding was the last one I did this year and it was one of the bright spots in a rather dismal holiday season! I think I drew all of your guests that afternoon. I still remember some of them for the unique backgrounds I gave them and their conversations.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra F. Married on 12/06/2020

Marty is fantastic!

Marty was a great hit at my wedding! Everyone loved getting their portaits drawn and they came out wonderfully!

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thanks Cassandra! I had fun drawing your family and guests, I must've drawn just about everyone there. Towards the end when I was walking around to the tables to see if there was anyone I hadn't drawn yet I was glad I found that last woman. When she mentioned that she lives in Alaska, I couldn't resist putting her into a snow globe, she loved it!
  • Lynn
    Lynn J. Married on 10/31/2020

So much fun

Worth every cent. Professional. Quick to respond. Worked the room and great drawings. My guests loved their caricatures and him. Was a huge hit.

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

I'm glad I was able to add to the flavor of your Halloween themed wedding. I got to use a new spooky background that great works for singles and couples that most people used.
    Thanks again, Marty
  • Susana
    Susana Z. Married on 10/03/2020

Book marty! 10/10

This is THE most fun entertainment you could have at your event. Marty is a skilled artist who specializes in caricatures. We are thrilled with the work he did at our wedding. All your guests will love him! Thank you so much to Marty, he went above and beyond!

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thank you Susana! That was another busy one for me, right from the start of the cocktail hour straight through to the last song and working on your picture from the photos I took of you two whenever I had a moment here and there!
  • Mary
    Mary F. Married on 08/31/2020

Amazing artwork the highlight for any event

Marty was amazing to work with. The guests loved his artwork. He is very sweet and professional. We hired him for our wedding and were busy running around and he surprised us with a caricature he made of us. He is an fantastic edition to any party. If you want to give your guests a memorable experience and something to talk about definitely look no further, Marty is your guy!

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thanks Mary, it was fun meeting your family and friends. Running into and drawing your Uncle Andy and Christine was especially fun!
  • F
    Franklin R. Married on 08/15/2020

Marty was a huge hit

We hired Marty for our wedding on 8/15/20 and he did such an amazing job. All of our guests loved him and his work. If you’re thinking of booking a caricature artist for your wedding, definitely do it and try to get Marty! He was kind, professional and does great work!

Thank You Franklin!
    That was my first indoor pandemic wedding, glad I was a part of it for you.
    Best Wishes to you and Stephanie
    Stacyann R. Married on 07/25/2020

Amazingly amazing

Marty is the best! We truly loved him for our event. It was incredible. His pictures are so good! Couldn’t have asked for a better vendor!

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thank you so much, yours was one of my first weddings/parties with social distancing after things started opening up again!
    Lisa B. Married on 02/29/2020

Marty is the best! Book him for your event!

We booked Marty for our wedding and it was such a hit. Almost all of our guests got drawn and everyone came back to their tables laughing and showing their portraits to everyone. Communication with Marty was so easy. He was quick to respond and handled everything he needed to with the venue. Upon request, he was also able to bring a second artist, Devin, with him. Such a great alternative to a photobooth. 5 stars, would 100% recommend Marty!

Hi Lisa,

I just realized I never replied to you. It's New Year's Day 2021 today and thinking back your wedding was right before this global pandemic hit, what luck! It was one of the last events I did before the wave of cancellations and postponements that followed.

Thanks for having us at your wedding,
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 12/28/2019

Everyone raved about Marty!

Marty was amazing, everyone raved about him and loved his work! It was so interesting and different to have him at our wedding!

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thanks Jessica, it was a busy one for me that night from start to finish. I'm glad I got to take those photos of you two when I got there since I never saw you again until the end to give you your caricature I drew from them.
    All the Best, Marty
  • Michele
    Michele R. Married on 12/01/2019

Amazing! True professional!

Marty did an amazing job capturing everyone at my affair, the attention to detail really impressed all my guests, such a fun idea for entertainment doubling as a favor. Highly recommend Marty such a pleasure to work with!

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thank you! When I finally got the chairs situation figured out with the venue everything went smooth, but that's why I get to places early. ;o)
  • Dina
    Dina Married on 10/11/2019

Everyone raves!

We were going to have a magician originally but when he bailed we thought a caracaturist would be great! Marty was response from day one. He showed up on time and even messaged me afterwards. Fantastic idea. Everyone loved it. Pic is the one done for my grandmother.

Hi Dina,
    As you know time flies when you're having fun and those four hours certainly flew by for me that night. I'm glad that magician disappeared and you got to see me work my magic!
    Best wishes,
    James G. Married on 09/14/2019

Hire Marty Now Before Someone Else Does

Marty and his caricatures were a HUGE hit at our wedding. Many of our guests were so impressed with Marty's work that they're framing his drawings and hanging them up in their homes! My wife and I had been to so many weddings with photo booths and we wanted to shake it up and do something special. Marty's caricatures were the perfect photo booth alternative. Beyond being wildly talented, Marty is affordable, professional, an all around 10 out of 10. Can't recommend him highly enough. If you're thinking about hiring Marty, stop thinking and book him now before someone else does. You won't regret it.

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thank you so much Jim, it was a busy night for me from start to finish but I enjoyed every minute of it!
  • Elise
    Elise J. Married on 08/11/2019

Fun for everyone

Working with Marty was seamless during the entire wedding planning process. Marty was very flexible and worked with Michael and I to plan for an amazing event. Everyone at the wedding loved getting their Caricature done! Instead of having a photobooth, my husband and I opted to do this instead and boy, are we happy we did. It was a great take-a-way for all guests and it was entertainment for all, especially those that did not want to dance! Marty even made sure my husband and I got our caricature done before the night ended, which we greatly appreciated. I highly recommend hiring Marty for your wedding, you will not be disappointed and neither will your guests.

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thank you Elise and Michael, I had fun drawing your relatives and guests that night and appreciate the great review!
  • Jeff
    Jeff G. Married on 06/10/2019

Marty was the hit at our wedding!

Marty is amazing! Not only did he come up with a great creative background for all the caricatures (a Coney Island theme, with the Cyclone, Wonder Wheel and Parachute jump all there!), but his work was so great that his caricatures were quite the hot commodity. We booked Marty for 5 hours solid; as soon as some guests saw the drawings he was making, nearly everyone wanted Marty to do a caricature of them! Marty didn't get a break, and he only got a chance to draw us (the newlyweds) a the tail end of the reception, after the DJ had ended the music and packed up. He was the hit of the party!

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Jeff, after all the phone calls and emails finally getting to meet you and draw at your wedding was everything I thought it would be. A fun Coney Island wedding full of very interesting guests, the afternoon and night flew by for me!