Caricatures By Marty Reviews

29 | Hauppauge, NY

29 Reviews for Caricatures By Marty

• Kay

Kay V. · Married on 05/14/2021

An amazing and unique addition to our day!

From the very first email Marty was a pleasure to work with, he always responded so quickly and was very helpful and informative. He was even more wonderful day of our wedding, he was engaging with our guests and gave them beautiful one of a kind pieces of artwork to bring home. He made sure to take the time to find my husband and I to take our photo quickly so we would not have to sit with him and could enjoy every minute of our night. If you’re thinking about booking Marty for your event, DO IT!

Sent on 05/15/2021

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thanks Katie, that was a busy one for me, from the start of the cocktail hour straight through to the last song and I had fun!

Guinee · Married on 05/09/2021

Marty the one man party

Marty was great! Very sweet, polite, and professional.

Sent on 05/10/2021

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Hi, I'm glad I got to do an individual picture for each of you before they had to leave and that group picture of most of you. That was fun, thanks again!

Sal P. · Married on 05/04/2021

Excellent Cartoonist !!

Marty was a huge hit at our daughters wedding, especially in a time where not everyone might want to Dance due to the Pandemic. Everyone gets to take a Cartoon like picture of themselves, & their families home. So it becomes a token, or a great reminder of the time they spent at the Wedding. Everyone at the Wedding Loved It !!

Sent on 04/05/2021

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Hi Sal, sorry it took so long getting back to you, time just flies sometimes. I'm glad I was a part of that unique wedding and your "tattoo sleeve" was great!

Janet · Married on 01/29/2021

Best Caricaturist!

Marty was a pleasure to work with! I contacted him about two weeks before my wedding looking for an alternative for guests since dancing wasn’t allowed. He got back to me within hours and his prices were very reasonable! The day of our wedding he was there early and our guests LOVED it! I can’t recommend Marty enough. He took our picture early on in the night and gave us our portrait at the end, we love it and our guests are still talking about it!

Sent on 02/10/2021

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Hi Janet, that was another fun night for me. I was busy from the time the cocktail hour started, one of your guests helped me move some chairs into the reception room and continued through the night. Drawing the caricatures in color was also fun, I don't get to do that much.

Tammy B. · Married on 12/12/2020

This experience is like no other!!

Marty was phenomenal!! After having to postpone our Big wedding we were looking for some thing turned retain our guests with. I found him through a wedding group that I’m a part of and everyone had nothing but good things to say about him. When I emailed him to ask him about his availability he got back to me within an hour and every email after that was answered in a timely fashion. He was very personable his work is amazing and everyone at my wedding loved him. I would hire him again in a heartbeat. If anybody was wondering if you should do this for your wedding or any kind of party I highly recommend it!

Sent on 12/31/2020

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Hi Tammy, your wedding was the last one I did this year and it was one of the bright spots in a rather dismal holiday season! I think I drew all of your guests that afternoon. I still remember some of them for the unique backgrounds I gave them and their conversations.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!
  • Cassandra

Cassandra F. · Married on 12/06/2020

Marty is fantastic!

Marty was a great hit at my wedding! Everyone loved getting their portaits drawn and they came out wonderfully!

Sent on 12/08/2020

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thanks Cassandra! I had fun drawing your family and guests, I must've drawn just about everyone there. Towards the end when I was walking around to the tables to see if there was anyone I hadn't drawn yet I was glad I found that last woman. When she mentioned that she lives in Alaska, I couldn't resist putting her into a snow globe, she loved it!
  • Mary

Mary F. · Married on 08/31/2020

Amazing artwork the highlight for any event

Marty was amazing to work with. The guests loved his artwork. He is very sweet and professional. We hired him for our wedding and were busy running around and he surprised us with a caricature he made of us. He is an fantastic edition to any party. If you want to give your guests a memorable experience and something to talk about definitely look no further, Marty is your guy!

Sent on 05/11/2021

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thanks Mary, it was fun meeting your family and friends. Running into and drawing your Uncle Andy and Christine was especially fun!
  • F

Franklin R. · Married on 08/15/2020

Marty was a huge hit

We hired Marty for our wedding on 8/15/20 and he did such an amazing job. All of our guests loved him and his work. If you’re thinking of booking a caricature artist for your wedding, definitely do it and try to get Marty! He was kind, professional and does great work!

Sent on 08/29/2020

Thank You Franklin!
    That was my first indoor pandemic wedding, glad I was a part of it for you.
    Best Wishes to you and Stephanie

Stacyann R. · Married on 07/25/2020

Amazingly amazing

Marty is the best! We truly loved him for our event. It was incredible. His pictures are so good! Couldn’t have asked for a better vendor!

Sent on 11/22/2020

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thank you so much, yours was one of my first weddings/parties with social distancing after things started opening up again!

Lisa B. · Married on 02/29/2020

Marty is the best! Book him for your event!

We booked Marty for our wedding and it was such a hit. Almost all of our guests got drawn and everyone came back to their tables laughing and showing their portraits to everyone. Communication with Marty was so easy. He was quick to respond and handled everything he needed to with the venue. Upon request, he was also able to bring a second artist, Devin, with him. Such a great alternative to a photobooth. 5 stars, would 100% recommend Marty!

Sent on 03/03/2020

Hi Lisa,

I just realized I never replied to you. It's New Year's Day 2021 today and thinking back your wedding was right before this global pandemic hit, what luck! It was one of the last events I did before the wave of cancellations and postponements that followed.

Thanks for having us at your wedding,
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 12/28/2019

Everyone raved about Marty!

Marty was amazing, everyone raved about him and loved his work! It was so interesting and different to have him at our wedding!

Sent on 01/04/2020

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thanks Jessica, it was a busy one for me that night from start to finish. I'm glad I got to take those photos of you two when I got there since I never saw you again until the end to give you your caricature I drew from them.
    All the Best, Marty
  • Michele

Michele R. · Married on 12/01/2019

Amazing! True professional!

Marty did an amazing job capturing everyone at my affair, the attention to detail really impressed all my guests, such a fun idea for entertainment doubling as a favor. Highly recommend Marty such a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 12/10/2019

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thank you! When I finally got the chairs situation figured out with the venue everything went smooth, but that's why I get to places early. ;o)
  • Dina

Dina · Married on 10/11/2019

Everyone raves!

We were going to have a magician originally but when he bailed we thought a caracaturist would be great! Marty was response from day one. He showed up on time and even messaged me afterwards. Fantastic idea. Everyone loved it. Pic is the one done for my grandmother.

Sent on 10/15/2019

Hi Dina,
    As you know time flies when you're having fun and those four hours certainly flew by for me that night. I'm glad that magician disappeared and you got to see me work my magic!
    Best wishes,

James G. · Married on 09/14/2019

Hire Marty Now Before Someone Else Does

Marty and his caricatures were a HUGE hit at our wedding. Many of our guests were so impressed with Marty's work that they're framing his drawings and hanging them up in their homes! My wife and I had been to so many weddings with photo booths and we wanted to shake it up and do something special. Marty's caricatures were the perfect photo booth alternative. Beyond being wildly talented, Marty is affordable, professional, an all around 10 out of 10. Can't recommend him highly enough. If you're thinking about hiring Marty, stop thinking and book him now before someone else does. You won't regret it.

Sent on 09/22/2019

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thank you so much Jim, it was a busy night for me from start to finish but I enjoyed every minute of it!
  • Elise

Elise J. · Married on 08/11/2019

Fun for everyone

Working with Marty was seamless during the entire wedding planning process. Marty was very flexible and worked with Michael and I to plan for an amazing event. Everyone at the wedding loved getting their Caricature done! Instead of having a photobooth, my husband and I opted to do this instead and boy, are we happy we did. It was a great take-a-way for all guests and it was entertainment for all, especially those that did not want to dance! Marty even made sure my husband and I got our caricature done before the night ended, which we greatly appreciated. I highly recommend hiring Marty for your wedding, you will not be disappointed and neither will your guests.

Sent on 01/19/2020

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thank you Elise and Michael, I had fun drawing your relatives and guests that night and appreciate the great review!
  • Jeff

Jeff G. · Married on 06/10/2019

Marty was the hit at our wedding!

Marty is amazing! Not only did he come up with a great creative background for all the caricatures (a Coney Island theme, with the Cyclone, Wonder Wheel and Parachute jump all there!), but his work was so great that his caricatures were quite the hot commodity. We booked Marty for 5 hours solid; as soon as some guests saw the drawings he was making, nearly everyone wanted Marty to do a caricature of them! Marty didn't get a break, and he only got a chance to draw us (the newlyweds) a the tail end of the reception, after the DJ had ended the music and packed up. He was the hit of the party!

Sent on 11/01/2019

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Jeff, after all the phone calls and emails finally getting to meet you and draw at your wedding was everything I thought it would be. A fun Coney Island wedding full of very interesting guests, the afternoon and night flew by for me!

Lana B. · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing and Professional

Wedding planning can be stressful and Marty was kind and responsive throughout the planning process, which was much appreciated!

He was a big hit at my wedding this November. My guests enjoyed his company and his caricatures. It seemed as though he was able to draw almost all my guests in the span of the wedding. My guests were over the moon w/ their pictures. It was the perfect touch on my special day and Marty helped make that happen for us. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Highly recommend his services!

Sent on 11/16/2018
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 10/06/2018

Wedding characaturist

Marty was a pleasure to work with... he made our wedding day even more amazing! My guests have been raving over his amazing work! I highly recommend using him for your special day, you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Caricatures By Marty's reply:

Thank you Alyssa and thanks for including some cool photos of me drawing at your wedding! I'm glad I was able to get some good photos of you two earlier in the night to draw from since you were so busy having fun at your wedding and didn't have a chance to actually sit for a picture.
    Best Wishes, Marty

Linda · Married on 07/21/2018

My son and daughter-in-law hired Marty to draw caricatures during their two hour wedding cocktail hour. This activity was such a complement to the reggae singer! The whole ambiance was Caribbean-like. The guests loved it....Marty was kept busy during the two hours of cocktails and beyond. By the end of the evening my son seemed to have misplaced his caricature drawing in all the commotion, and when I saw how he and his new bride were disappointed, I contacted Marty to ask if he could re-do the caricature. He immediately agreed and, guess what? He had taken photos of the bride and groom and had used those photos.....the couple never had to "sit" to have the drawing done. So, Marty was able to redraw the caricature from the photos he had. He even suggested doing it in color for them! (All of the others were in black and white, which are very special as well.) Marty professionally rolled the new drawing and mailed it to me in a tube. I can't say enough what a fun and unique activity this is for a wedding, If you want to try something "out of the box" at your event, hire Marty to draw caricatures.

Sent on 07/31/2018

Dana · Married on 07/21/2018

It was so great to have Marty be a part of our wedding day! His talent drawing caricatures truly brought something special and unique to our day. He did an awesome job of portraying our guests, adding a special touch to their drawing (like our friends who just closed on a house) and working quickly! Everyone who wanted a caricature was able to get one and there was hardly ever a wait! We love the fact that when our guests walk by their caricature in the future they will remember our wedding day! It was such an amazing alternative to the overused photo booth! I would highly recommend Marty to anyone! He even took our photos since we were too busy to sit down for a drawing and made us a caricature from the photos! Thank you,Marty!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Toni · Married on 05/18/2018

This was such a unique experience to have at my wedding and I am so glad I hired Marty. He was professional, responsive, and very creative! He had pre made backgrounds and accommodated all the guests that wanted a picture. My husband and I had forgotten to get a drawing and he even found us to make sure we were taken care of! :)

Loved this vendor!!! Strongly recommend him for all your wedding needs for such a unique experience!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Dori · Married on 12/08/2017

If you’re like me you are very hesitant in who you choose to make your event special. Choosing Marty was the best decision I made. He truly was the hit of the party. Everyone that wanted a caricature got one.Having Marty at your party is like having everyone’s favorite uncle around.He knew exactly what to do and set a nice tone for the evening.Thank you Marty❤️

Sent on 12/14/2017

Sharon · Married on 11/18/2017

I have used Marty - 3 x for my son's wedding 9 years ago - then for my daugthers' pharmacy school graduation.. then just this past month for my wedding.. it's so unique.. ditch the common photo booth go for this. .. my suggestion.. go for a theme.. have Marty do a few ahead of time goes much faster and all your guests are happy.. he is a 10+ in my book

Sent on 11/30/2017

Liz · Married on 04/23/2017

Marty was definitely a hit at our wedding! I don't think there was a moment during the wedding when he wasn't drawing somebody as guests kept approaching him. I didn't think my husband and I were going to get a chance to have a caricature drawn of us but Marty made sure we wouldn't leave without one and sketched us as the night was wrapping up. As everyone was leaving, we received compliments from people saying what a great idea it was to have him at the wedding. I would definitely consider working with Marty again in the future for another event! Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Mollie · Married on 10/08/2016

We hired Marty for our wedding and he was such a hit! There were constant lines, people loved him! Not to mention he was on time, and his work was so great and super accurate. It was a really unique and special touch added to our big day. 100% recommend him to anyone looking for something different to add to their wedding. (Price was for 5 hours of service)

Sent on 10/19/2016