Captures by Justine Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Faith
    Faith Getting married on 09/17/2022

Awesome Engagement Photos

We loved the engagement photos Justine took for us! She is so easy to work with and fun to be around. We were nervous about taking professional photos together for the first time but they all came out so natural and beautiful. Highly recommend- I can’t wait to book our wedding!
  • Tom
    Tom S. Married on 09/11/2021

Excellent Experience

We recently booked Justine for our wedding, and we absolutely loved working with her. She was very responsive when we reached out with questions beforehand, and our photos turned out beautifully. My wife and I are very impressed, and we would absolutely recommend Justine!
    Samantha B. Married on 04/10/2021

very kind and very talented- definitely want to hire Captures by Justine!

Justine recently photographed our April wedding. From the start of my wedding planning to weeks after the event, Justine remained professional, prompt and friendly in all of her interactions with me :) When you are a busy/stressed bride this is exactly the type of positive energy you want around you. In addition to her wonderful personality, our engagement photos and wedding photos turned out beautiful!! They were absolutely perfect and we were very happy with the finished product. Justine's husband also works the events with her and this was so beneficial, as she was able to capture 'getting ready' moments in the bridal suite, while he captured 'getting ready' moments in the grooms suite. We felt like every special moment was truly captured and we are so grateful to be able to look back and see all our precious memories in photograph form. We highly recommend!!
    Taylor S. Married on 04/03/2021

Amazing, amazing, amazing!!! Seriously book her NOW!

Finding Justine as our photographer for our wedding was the BEST thing that happened to us the entire wedding process. (Michael is the perfect bonus too!!!) Finding a photographer who was truly inclusive to the LGBTQ+ community for my wife and myself was unfortunately harder than you would think, and when we found Justine we knew pretty much instantly that she was it! She was so helpful during the entire planning process and helped with some timeline stuff for the day of as well. Covid ruined a lot of things on our wedding day and Justine and Michael made sure that we had everything we needed to be as happy as possible all day long (which honestly is above and beyond for a photographer!!!). I could literally write a book about our positive experience with her (and him) but I’m going to leave it at just BOOK HER NOW. Plus the value of what you get from her for the price is divine.
  • Majka
    Majka Married on 03/04/2021

Perfect Wedding Photographer!

Justine was the perfect photographer for my husband and I! We were looking for someone within our price range that had the right aesthetic for our wedding. We thought Justine was the perfect fit, and it turns out, she was!

She was very easy to communicate with and very prompt to respond to our questions. She asked us questions to address things we would have never thought of. In other words, she is experienced and knows how to ease any concerns or stress a couple may have.

I absolutely love all the photos we got from Justine! She got us our preview shots within two days and ALL of our photos in two weeks. My friend who got married months before still does not have her photos. Justine also took a variety of polaroids to give to us, which was a lovely touch.

Overall, from beginning, day of, and after the wedding, Justine has been amazing.

Captures by Justine's reply:

We LOVED working with you two. Thank you for getting us out to Florida. We love being in our hometown
    Rowela Married on 09/20/2020

Justine is amazing!

Justine was amazing to work with. We value the quality of her work, her professionalism and just how easy it was to work with her. She’s very good at communicating with us so the process was easy. And at our wedding day, she made us feel so comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. We love our photos and everyone who’ve seen it loved it as well! She did an amazing job and we couldn’t have picked a better photographer to capture our day! As a bonus, her pricing is great!
  • Sydney
    Sydney V. Married on 09/12/2020

Simply the Best

Justine is an amazing photographer and a great person. She made us feel so comfortable and at ease during both our engagement shoot and our wedding day. She has a documentary style of photography, so she really captures your essence on film! She also gives you a set of polaroids after each session so you have something tangible to take home with you, which, as a 90's kid, I loved so much! Justine's prices are also extremely fair and she doesn't rip you off or make you feel like you have to spend your life savings to afford her services. She is worth every penny and more!
  • Quinn
    Quinn P. Married on 09/06/2020

Wonderful, Flexible, and Responsive

My wife and I loved working with Justine. She captured great moments and made us feel so comfortable during our wedding day. I think it's worth mentioning that it was nothing like we'd originally planned due to COVID. As our plans changed, Justine worked with us to shift our package and make sure it made sense for our much smaller ceremony.
    Loren S. Married on 01/26/2020

Florida Yacht Wedding

My wife and I got married on a Yacht in Clearwater Beach, FL on 1/26/20. Not only was our weather perfect, food perfect, and guest list perfect... our choice of photographer perfect. We stumbled upon Justine while doing our reach and instantly fell in love with her work. We loved the way the colors in the photos popped and she seems to have a great eye for capturing the perfect moments. We couldn’t have been more right. Justine was extremely pleasant to work with and accommodating, even flying all the way from MD to shoot our wedding. She kindly asked us to skype with her first so she could feel out what our wedding theme was and took the time to ask what specific photos we wanted. On our wedding day, Justine arrived on time, enthusiastic, & seemed genuinely happy to be there. She captured every special moment of the day & was even extremely patient while our friends and family tried to take photos of their own. Not only did we hire a fantastic photographer but we also feel like we made a friend. We couldn’t speak anymore highly of her and completely recommend Justine to anyone looking for a photographer.
    Andy L. Married on 12/28/2019

Beautiful View through the Lens of Justine

Captures by Justine exceeded our expectations. She was invisible throughout the ceremony, but managed to get great shots. Arriving early, she got some wonderful and unexpected candids. Justine, both as a professional photographer and person, had a caring and calming influence. She was a happy person, always smiling and we could tell she was happy doing her job and happy to be with us. During the reception, she had the pulse of our event and got all the shots we wanted. Her photographs were beautiful and we can’t wait to frame them. Thank you Justine.
  • Kelley
    Kelley M. Married on 10/26/2019

Absolutely amazing

Justine was amazing to work with during the entire wedding planning through our wedding day. She was flexible and easy going and always easy to contact and respond with almost immediately. Her photographic style was exactly what we were looking for, and she listened to our specific requests and kept a list on our wedding day to make sure all our portrait requests were completed.
    Jess Married on 10/19/2019

Justine the Ninja!

Justine is amazing! She was super flexible and accommodating the day of the wedding. Shockingly we were ahead of schedule and she did some impromptu photos at our hotel. Justine had preview photos to us just days after the wedding. And just a couple weeks after the wedding we had all of our photos. We were so impressed with how quickly she got our photos to us during the busiest time of year for her. My husband called Justine a ninja! You had no idea where she was but she got every photo! We would totally recommend her for your wedding photos!

Captures by Justine's reply:

Omg I will now ask people to refer to me as Justine the Ninja haha. THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH. We loved working with you two
    Shannon M. Married on 10/12/2019

Justine is amazing!

Justine (and Michael!) are amazing!! We loved working with them for our engagement shoot and wedding day. They made us feel so comfortable during the shoot and were very flexible with everything. We also loved the polaroids.

Justine was very quick to respond to any question/email. She also provided a preview to each shoot just days afterwards! We also got all 600+ wedding photos in less than three weeks, which is incredible!! The quality of her work is awesome and we're so glad we chose her.

Justine is an awesome person and is very passionate about her work! We highly recommend working with Justine and are so glad we found her!!

Captures by Justine's reply:

No, you two are the amazing ones. Hope to work with you again in the future, We miss Ruger too! so happy you found us!
  • Jessica
    Jessica A. Married on 10/06/2019

Justine puts you at ease

From the moment we met with Justine, my husband and I knew we didn’t have to look any further for a wedding photographer.
    Down to earth, kind, professional- these are only a few of the words I can use to describe Justine.
    Not only did I have the opportunity to work with her on 2 different engagement shoots, but I also did a BFF shoot with 2 of my Bridesmaids months before the wedding.
    I can honestly say she is not rid of me yet! I can’t wait to have her capture moments of my husband & I for the holidays in the years to come!
    Thank you for everything Justine!

Captures by Justine's reply:

This is the best review EVER thank you so much Jessica. I've loved all of our sessions together and am looking forward to many more in the future (:
  • Kevin
    Kevin K. Married on 10/06/2019

A professional with a personal touch

Justine felt like less like someone we hired and more like a friend who we were able to partner with.

She always made us feel heard and seen.

We would definitely use her services again!
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 10/05/2019

Best discovery of my whole planning process!

Justine is an absolute treasure. We did three shoots together before the wedding, and she and her husband photographed our wedding day. We are absolutely in LOVE with our photos - they are everything I could have ever asked for in pictures of my wedding day. Justine is so sweet, creative, and talented, and having her husband on hand as a second shooter means we didn't miss a single moment and my husband and I were able to avoid each other pre-ceremony while still taking photos and capturing the joy of being with our friends and family. Justine's style has a great mix of poses and candid snaps of letting things happen, which was perfect for us. Some of my favorite photos are those in which we were all just goofing around and she caught magic. She incorporated many thoughtful touches, photographing details and sending us a BEAUTIFUL engraved box and thumb drive of our photos when they were done, plus we had sneak peeks within DAYS, and our photos were in our hands in just two weeks from our wedding (!!!). I would recommend Justine to anyone in a heartbeat and look forward to finding a reason to work with her again soon!
  • Ida
    Ida Married on 09/21/2019

Would recommend!

Would love to work with Justine again! Very responsive, very kind, great relationship throughout the save the dates pictures to the wedding day. Her pictures are beautiful. So many of my friends and family said our pictures looked like they came from a catalog or magazine! She made us feel like naturals. Make sure you communicate what style or any particular picture you want, she will make sure it happens.
    Letta Married on 09/14/2019

I highly recommend!

She did a very good job of taking my request of capturing candid photos of the special moment that my friends and family shared with me and now my husband💕 I really like all the pictures. Thanks a lot!
  • Jordan
    Jordan H. Married on 09/11/2019

Absolutely AMAZING Traveling Wedding Photographer!!

To start off, I've known Justine for over 10 years now, as we studied photography together in our bachelor's program! So when it came time to pick my wedding photographer, there was literally no question about who it was going to be. Justine made all communicating and planning extremely easy, and is a breeze to work with. After giving her time and location details, she got all travel booked immediately so I never had to worry about her getting to the wedding (she traveled from Maryland to Florida for us!) I cannot even begin to describe how much I love our wedding images; they're a million times more than what I could have ever expected. If you're looking for a laid back, on top of her game, fun to work with photographer, Justine is your woman. Also, she makes for a REALLY awesome impromptu bouncer, if needed :)
  • Sydney
    Sydney Married on 09/06/2019

Professional, kind and amazing!

Justine went above and beyond capturing breath taking pictures for both our engagement and wedding photos. We are so lucky to have such amazing photos to look back on from our special day! Justine will hands down provide you professional, beautiful photos regardless. The after the wedding package she sends you following your wedding is so thoughtful and is something you get to hold onto forever. I'm looking forward to attending one of Justine's boudoir photo shoots she creates. Do not even think twice before you book Justine for your wedding, you will not regret it!
  • Jeanie
    Jeanie Married on 09/01/2019

Book her for your wedding!

I had FOUR different sessions with Justine - Engagement photos, mini home session with our puppies, boudoir shoot, and our wedding. She is so friendly, very responsive to questions, and made us (and our guests) feel so comfortable. Justine really listened to my concerns, even when it may be irrational and did her best to meet my expectations. She is super fun and creative when it comes to the shoots and does a great job capturing romantic, airy pictures, which I LOVE. Being a nervous, awkward person, the only suggestion I would have would be to come up with an idea of what kind of poses you like before the sessions. I hope to see Justine again for holiday shoots, maternity shoots, newborn, etc.!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey S. Married on 08/25/2019

12/10 would recommend! Justine is the best!!

Justine is absolutely incredible. Her photography style perfectly documented our day and she was amazing to work with.

We had our engagement session with Justine in fed hill, Baltimore and we immediately knew we made the right choice. Justine was very flexible with scheduling and was able to get us in quickly-- we wanted to use the pictures for our Save the Dates. Neither of us had ever been professionally photographed before and Justine made us feel so comfortable-- and our pictures turned out perfect! Within a week of our shoot we had our full gallery back and were able to order our save the date post cards!

By the time our wedding came around in August, we felt like Justine was one of our good friends. She knew exactly what she was doing and was super flexible even when I threw a bunch of last minute request shots her way the day-of. We got our full digital wedding album within 2 weeks of our big day, and shortly after received a beautiful custom wooden box with Polaroids and various prints as well! It was such a beautiful touch to working with her. Our pictures turned out absolutely, hands down, incredibly perfect and she deserves all the credit.

If you're on the fence, book her now!! She is amazing and we feel like we've found a friend for life 💕
  • Kalyn
    Kalyn F. Married on 06/29/2019

Incredible!

Justine was absolutely fantastic to work with, she helped make our wedding day a dream. She is so sweet and fun to talk to and I thought it was important for me to "click" with our photographer as they have such an important job the day of the wedding. We were having trouble finding a photographer within our budget especially because we started planning the wedding only two months before the big day and we were lucky enough that she was available and right within our budget. We have a very large family and had tons of family portraits with multiple combinations and with the help of her husband they captured all of them. Justine was right that the family photos would be the most stressful part of the day and she was right but her and her husband kept me sane and made it much more bearable despite it being very chaotic. She got us our preview photos in less than a week and they are so beautiful I feel like we belong in a wedding magazine. I am so excited to see the rest of our photos as I can only imagine how stunning they will look. Thank you Justine for being better than I could've ever asked for!!!
    Holly Married on 06/22/2019

Loving our wedding photos!

Justine was awesome! She was so easy to communicate with and worked so hard on our wedding day to take all of our photos. We only had one photographer so we were super impressed with the amount of photos and various angles that she was able to capture. My fiancé and I aren’t big into taking tons of photos but she was really able to capture the true us and didn’t force into anything we were comfortable with. We are super happy with the quality of the photos that she captured not to mention we love that she took polaroids and had all of our photos back to us in 2 weeks!