Captured by Alyssa Reviews

Captured by Alyssa 6
Captured by Alyssa 7

Caitlyn · Married on 06/22/2019

Alyssa is Amazing!

Alyssa was the perfect photographer for us. At our engagement photos, my fiance and I had never been in front of a camera and didn't really know what to do. She gave us pointers and poses until we felt more comfortable. In the preceding weeks of our wedding, she was easy to communicate with and always responded promptly. She helped me with our timeline, which was tricky because we didn't want to do a first look, but we also wanted both the bridesmaid and groomsman photos done separate before the ceremony, so we had less photos to take after, which she executed flawlessly. Family photos are always a big to-do the day of, and she flew through them, making sure everyone knew where to stand and when to smile, and getting every single shot I wanted (which was a lot). She also stole us from the reception to take sunset photos, which was greatly appreciated! When she was taking candid photos, her presence wasn't overpowering, but she was always in the perfect spot to get great photos. She also was super accommodating when we had a missing grandmother during family photos, and was great at getting my dog's attention for photos! Over all, Alyssa was great and has an amazing knack for natural light in her photos!

Sent on 06/24/2019
    Captured by Alyssa 8
    Captured by Alyssa 9

Katie · Married on 07/21/2018

Sifting through the many wedding photographers, was not a quick process, but once we found Alyssa, I knew that we had found ours. Alyssa was super helpful, throughout our planning process. Just looking at her portfolio, I knew our photos would be great! On the day of the wedding, despite the pouring rain and typical wedding day mishaps, Alyssa kept me calm, and made everything go smoothly. She was awesome at keeping everyone focused, and aware of what was happening. All of our wedding guests loved her, and many reached out to say what a great job she did. We could not have made a better choice, than Alyssa, for our wedding.

Sent on 07/27/2018
    Captured by Alyssa 10

Mariah · Married on 06/23/2018

Alyssa did a fantastic job shooting our engagement pictures! From the very beginning, she was helpful and answered all of our questions in a prompt manner! She was super flexible and had great recommendations even when it came to including our pups. The pictures turned out beautifully and we were so excited to share them with our friends and family. Alyssa is very personable and made us feel so comfortable! We loved her work and can't wait for her to capture all of our special moments on our wedding day!

Sent on 11/16/2016
  • Carlie

Carlie · Married on 06/10/2018

We loved Alyssa! We used her for our engagement photos. She was so personable and sweet, I knew from our first e-mail interaction that she would be super nice! she was so flexible and amazingly patient, since we have never gotten our pictures taken before. We can't wait for our wedding and for her to capture all of the special moments during our big day. I give her 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, and a gold star! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/04/2016
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 05/19/2018

On a 1-10, she's a certified 20! AMAZING!

Alyssa is absolutely amazing! She listens to what you want and she makes you feel so comfortable around the camera. She is very down to earth and personable so it makes the experience even better and more comfortable. Our engagement pictures came out stunning and you can tell she puts a lot of hard work into what you need and want. Give her what you want and she'll do it. She's awesome! I would recommend her to anyone! She was even cool with letting me schedule a rain date. She's very flexible! She responds back to you within minutes! She is also very well reasonably priced. I will recommend her to any of my friends that are engaged. She's truly an artist!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Liz · Married on 04/28/2018

Alyssa was continuously knowledgable, helpful, and so talented through our entire wedding photography process. With the package we chose, we got an engagement shoot. I highly recommend couples to do this. It not only gave us the opportunity to get to know Alyssa, but it helped us feel comfortable being in front of the camera. She captured our wedding day perfectly. Our photos exceeded our expectations in the best way. If you are looking for a wedding photographer who has experience, professionalism, and attention to detail - you will not go wrong with Alyssa. My husband are so excited to have these photos for the rest of our lives and so thankful that Alyssa was our photographer.

Sent on 07/05/2018
    Captured by Alyssa 11
    Captured by Alyssa 12
  • Jess

Jess · Married on 04/20/2018

Alyssa was such a dream to work with from our first conversations all they way to the day of the wedding. She was able to work with us to come up with a package that suited our needs and continued to communicated with us to get all the necessary details for our wedding day. We aren't great with having our picture taken but she was able to work with that like a pro and our pictures turned out better than I could have imagine! I highly recommend Alyssa for all your wedding photography needs and more!

Sent on 05/05/2018

Justine · Married on 04/07/2018

My husband and I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding photographer for our special day!! We got married in upstate NY in April 2018. She is hands down THE BEST for the following reasons:
    1. She makes you feel extremely comfortable in front of the camera.
    2. Her photographs speak for themselves - I cannot tell you the amount of compliments we have gotten from the wedding (and engagement!) photos we have shared! They are timeless, beautiful, and capture the most special moments of the day.
    3. She really listens to what you want, is very thorough, and works with you throughout the process to make it as seamless and stress-free as possible.
    4. When we got our photos back - we were shocked at the amount of moments she captured! The day of felt like such a whirlwind - it was so nice to be able to look back and see all the little details again.
    There are so many other reasons to recommend Alyssa - but the bottom line is she is amazingly talented, so easy to work with, and you will have the most beautiful photos to remember your special day with. Thank you SO much Alyssa!!

Sent on 07/19/2018
    Captured by Alyssa 13

Lindsay · Married on 02/01/2018

I could not imagine sharing big love moments with my partner with any other photographer but Alyssa! In 2017, she photographed me and my partner for before we were even engaged in NYC. She loved our idea of retracing the steps of our first date. THEN about a year later - we invited her down to where we live in Atlanta, GA for our wedding! Alyssa is the perfect mix of supportive outside eye and fly on the wall that you want from a photographer. She is always there to help if you need to know if your hair is weird, but has an amazing skill for capturing the priceless moments as they happen. She is incredibly professional, everything is clear, concise and she's easy to talk to which makes all the money stuff a breeze.

Sent on 08/25/2018
    Captured by Alyssa 14
    Captured by Alyssa 15

Beth · Married on 11/04/2017

I don't even know where to start with saying how much we loved working with Alyssa, and we haven't even gotten married yet! We had our engagement photos less than a week ago and we have already received all of our photos. My fiance and I were nervous that taking photos was going to be awkward but she made us so comfortable, like we were just hanging out with a friend. Not to mention, the quality of her work is absolutely amazing. The pictures are gorgeous and better than what I could ever have imagined.

We had to rescheduled our shoot a few times due to conflicts with the venue for our pictures and Alyssa was extremely flexible and took a lot of stress away.

If you need a wedding photographer, I highly highly highly recommend Alyssa. I can't say enough about her!!!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Beth · Married on 11/04/2017

I already reviewed Alyssa once before after our engagement photos but I couldn't not give her another 5 star rating after our wedding. Alyssa was such a dream to work with. She was so efficient with getting all of the pictures done with plenty of time to spare while also being sure we got all of the shots we wanted. She was like a ninja during the reception and so many of the guests commented the next day that they didn't even know she was there. We wouldn't hesitate for a moment to use her again!!!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Erin · Married on 10/27/2017

Alyssa is an AMAZING photographer! If you're considering booking her for your wedding, seriously, do it! She is so sweet, very professional and captures gorgeous images. My husband and I were both nervous on our wedding day, but she made us feel comfortable and at ease. Our bridal party loved her, too, and when we got our pictures back, they were more beautiful than we could have imagined! We are so happy to have stunning photos of our perfect day. Alyssa's services are worth every penny.

Sent on 12/18/2017

Katie · Married on 09/24/2017

Y'all please stop your search here...Alyssa is simply the best! We hired her for engagement and wedding photos and were absolutely blown away by her work. My (now) husband and I definitely had some pre-engagement photo jitters. Neither of us felt totally comfortable with the idea of taking loveydovey photos in a public place but the second we met Alyssa, we felt so relaxed. We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into but ended up having SUCH a fun afternoon with Alyssa. She made us feel so at ease and just let us be us. She did an incredible job capturing the love and laughter that fills our relationship. As perfect as the engagement pictures were, she absolutely knocked our wedding photos out of the park. We got married on a HOT (90 degrees and humid) September evening. Not the early Fall wedding we were envisioning and we definitely had the sweat to prove it. But Alyssa worked her magic and the photos were STUNNING. When she sent us our gallery, I think I made it about 10 photos in before the water works came. Her ability to capture the candid emotions and special moments of the day is incredible. And what she does with light is a true talent. We are so happy to have worked with Alyssa for our wedding and would recommend her in a heartbeat to anyone and everyone in need of a photographer!

Sent on 12/15/2017
    Captured by Alyssa 16
    Captured by Alyssa 17
    Captured by Alyssa 18
    Captured by Alyssa 19

Rachel · Married on 09/03/2017

Alyssa was awesome from start to finish with our wedding day. After booking she told me to be in touch with anything that I wanted to chat about, and that she would help me work up a time-line for when she was going to be around for various photos. I didn't have an issue communicating with her at all--she was always prompt to respond.

There's always so much going on during the day of, and Alyssa and I talked through timing of when she was going to take what types of pictures (I changed the timing like 4 times and she was still talking to me by the end) and she was on time and efficient at every step during the "getting ready" phase of the day, as well as the actual ceremony and right after. After the ceremony, doing the family photos is always a big shindig because you have to gather everyone up and make sure you're getting all the shots you want--Alyssa wasn't shy about making sure people were paying attention and standing where they needed to stand and smiling when they needed to smile. It was great.

During our couple shots she was attentive in making sure we felt comfortable in whatever poses we were doing, and if we felt awkward, she gave us some ideas on how to make our stance more natural. She listened if we had ideas of photos that we wanted to take or locations that we wanted to be, and accommodated us on every one of our requests. PLUS she got us back to the party in time for the end of cocktail hour--which was the ultimate goal. haha.

She captured the most fun and loving moments of our day without making herself obtrusive or being a detracting presence in any way. I never felt like she was hovering or trying to make me look at the camera or smile when she was taking candid shots, but if I asked her to take a specific picture she jumped right in and made it happen. The photos turned out amazingly and I am so happy we chose Alyssa to be our photographer.

Sent on 12/15/2017
    Captured by Alyssa 20
    Captured by Alyssa 21
    Captured by Alyssa 22

Sarah · Married on 07/15/2017

Alyssa is all-around awesome! We were drawn to her work and thought her photos were gorgeous, and once we met her, we knew she was the right fit. At our engagement session, she was pretty low-key (which is perfect for the two of us), but on the wedding day she proved she can totally take charge and herd cats when it comes to getting your difficult and chatty family members to stand still for a photo. She can wrangle your rowdy relatives, snap a perfect shot at sunset, and send you all on your way to keep partying. She really adapts to you and your crowd, and she's very attentive to what you as a couple want. Overall, super flexible, super talented, and super responsive to your emails.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Jenna · Married on 07/01/2017

Alyssa has an eye for color and light. Your pictures will be breathtakingly gorgeous and she will find poses you didn't even know you wanted. She is accommodating to what the bride and groom want and is very flexible during your big day. You can't do any better.

Sent on 08/22/2016

josie · Married on 05/26/2017

Alyssa is so great to work with! She responds to emails quickly which is important to me because it can be hard to make phone calls while I am at work. When we did our engagement shoot a few weeks ago she made us feel comfortable so that the pictures really showed our personalities. The pictures turned out beautifully! We are so excited to work with her on our big day in May 2017!!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Kayleigh · Married on 05/13/2017

Alyssa was amazing! She was so flexible and drove around with us when we were getting ready at a different location than our venue. She got so many amazing photos and gave us different filters of all the pictures which really gave it a personal touch!

Sent on 12/31/2017
    Captured by Alyssa 23
    Captured by Alyssa 24
    Captured by Alyssa 25
    Captured by Alyssa 26
    Captured by Alyssa 27

Erin · Married on 05/01/2017

If you're looking for a talented photographer at a reasonable price - look no further! Alyssa is professional, accommodating, timely, and has an eye for what looks good. She would be a great photographer for any occasion! She did our engagement pictures and I couldn't be happier with the results!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Katie · Married on 03/31/2017

Alyssa is so talented and so personable! We couldn't be happier with our experience with her. She was professional, fairly priced and quite accommodating! She is top-notch and couldn't recommend her enough!

Sent on 04/13/2017

Veronica · Married on 02/17/2017

Alyssa was wonderful to work with, very professional and easy-going. She helped with our last minute elopement and did a fantastic job capturing the day! Her photos are stunning and we are so grateful. Definitely recommend working with Alyssa for any of your photo needs!

Sent on 03/22/2017

Lyss · Married on 01/28/2017

Fantastic customer service coupled with an expert eye for capturing candid moments perfectly! Alyssa photographed my wedding in NYC at the end of January 2017. Though I don't have all of my photographs yet, I wanted to comment on her professionalism, knowledge of Central Park (we took our photos at the Gapstowe Bridge), the beautiful sneak peek photos we've seen so far, and most importantly, how much my wedding party/guests liked her. You might not think that last one is important, but let me tell you why it is...Alyssa's professionalism and kindness created a stress-free and fun environment for me, my husband, and our guests. Many wedding party members, who she had worked with the entire day, commented on how easy and fun she was to work with...I'm certain that the genuine happiness will be apparent in our photos. My husband and I have been in weddings where photographers have been extremely rude/pushy, barking posing orders at the wedding party and guests, which truly makes the experience of taking photos forced and unpleasant. Aside from her professionalism, Alyssa was extremely knowledgeable about landmarks in Central Park and she walked with us/led us all to our destination very quickly after the church. The park paths were winding and not as easy to navigate as I would have hoped, so I was very fortunate and thankful that she actually knew exactly where she was going. Another thing I loved about Alyssa was her responsiveness. It didn't matter if I texted her, called her, or emailed her, she got back to me quickly and was always courteous. A week before, she took the time to go over all of the logistics of the wedding day with me, which was very helpful. Also, you will not be able to beat the quality of her work for the fair price of it. Alyssa provides you will all of your photos (color and black and white digital versions). I encourage you to check out her FB or Instagram page for examples of her work; you will surely be impressed. She has such a good eye!

Sent on 02/13/2017

Suzanne · Married on 10/08/2016

Honestly, I can't imagine having another photographer, Alyssa is the best!!! She was so accommodating and listened to all our thoughts on photos. I didn't want anything too cheesy and she knew exactly the types of shots I was looking for. It was raining all the way up to photo time and even though everyone was telling me rain was fine, Alyssa was the one who ultimately convinced me that rain wasn't the end of the world! Our photos are magazine quality! I'm still so surprised with how they turned out - I can't stop looking at them!

I have already recommended her to a few friends, and will definitely be using her for any other photos we need!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/25/2016

Alyssa was wonderful-she took the time to look at the photos we liked and helped us recreate them. She did amazing work and the photos were stunning! She was quick with getting them back and I couldn't be happier! I HIGHLY reccomend Captured by Alyssa.

Sent on 10/09/2016

Mayra · Married on 03/19/2016

It was the best day of our lives and every special moment was Captured by Alyssa! We couldn't be happier with the photographs we received; Alyssa photographed everything that we asked her and more. She gave us pictures of details that we didn't even think about but will cherish forever. Not only was she professional throughout the entire event, but she made us feel comfortable the entire day. The wedding pictures came out beautifully, were the best price and we received them fast!

Sent on 08/04/2016