Capture Legacy Photography & Cinematography Reviews

13 Reviews for Capture Legacy Photography & Cinematography

• Meg

Meg H · Getting married on 09/04/2020

Couldn't be happier!

We cannot express how amazing Jimmy and Shelby are at Capture Legacy Photography. We just completed our engagement session with them this month and received our photos. Before the session CLP was very responsive to all emails and questions. They took it upon themselves to ensure we had permission and accessibility to shoot at a location.They were even flexible when we had to change the location just 2 weeks before our planned session. The photos are absolutely stunning! My fiancé and I are typically "awkward" when it comes to photos and we do not like to be the center of attention. Jimmy and Shelby made us so comfortable throughout our shoot and you can see the difference in our photos as the evening went on. We have learned so much from them and we are so confident in our decision to use their photography. We cannot wait for our wedding with them next year. If you want your photographers to feel like your friends/part of your family you need to work with Jimmy and Shelby!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Samantha Guarnera · Married on 12/28/2019

Great Choice!

They did a great job capturing the whole day for us! It was so convenient to have jimmy with the guys and shelby with the girls all day. They were very flexible and even helped me figure out some of the planning. Just got my photos back & they're better than I would have ever expected, highly recommend!

Sent on 04/10/2020

Lori Rush · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing Photographers

Where do I begin! Shelby and Jimmy are absolutely amazing photographers. They took gorgeous Engagement photos for my daughter and handled all the permissions for the Botanical Gardens and Five and Dime. The wedding day finally gets here and wow they must have snapped over 2000 photos. They are so accommodating and easy to work with, getting those special moments that we asked for. We have only seen a few sneak peeks and can’t wait to see them all because what we have seen so far are over the top gorgeous! Thank you so much for capturing this special event!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Emily Masimore · Married on 05/17/2019

One of the Best Vendors

Jimmy & Shelby were the absolute BEST!! I had a few hiccups with weather and things for our engagement session and they were so flexible. I threw a bit of a curve ball requesting that all of our formal pictures be completed prior to the ceremony (that way we could spend as much time with family and friends as possible) and they made it happen!! I can’t say enough about how much I absolutely LOVE all of our pictures. Their work speaks for itself and a huge part of that is how easy going Jimmy and Shelby are. I will continue to use them for future life events and encourage everyone else too as well.

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon Gorini · Married on 10/21/2018

So talented and so kind!!!

My wedding photos were one of the most important things to me with respect to vendors, and I am so so happy we went with Shelby and Jimmy!!! My husband, family, and I worked so hard planning our wedding and we really needed to trust whoever we were asking to document the event for us. I didn't want to be worried about the pictures not turning out or about not getting photos of certain things we worked really hard on, so it was important that we found photographers who we trusted and who cared about us.

Most people look for wedding photos that they like, and then hire a photographer who can deliver the end product. I don't think many people think to look for photographers who will actually care about the couple as people. If you want both, look no further than Shelby and Jimmy.

In addition to providing us with a beautiful end product, Shelby and Jimmy went above and beyond to ensure that our wedding day went smoothly, that we got the photos we wanted, and that we were taken care of that day. They found us a special, hidden location for our engagement photos (and drove there from over an hour away), created a full day-of timeline for us, and even helped us with last minute things that needed taking care of (like Shelby helping me wrap the ribbon around my flowers when I realized last-minute that they weren't done yet)! We don't have enough nice things to say about the level of service and care they provided, let alone the photos.

We received nearly a thousand (!) photos back and we loved every single one of them. Shelby and Jimmy are masters at directing posing so that you never feel awkward or like you don't know what you're doing. They made us feel so comfortable and it shows in the photographs. The candid photos of our reception were also wonderful to have because we were so busy that night that we missed so much of what happened during that time.

We are going to treasure our photos for the rest of our lives and our families are too. I was so excited to show them to my aging grandparents (who were there, but they are going to be so happy to have these to remember the day by) and to our family members who couldn't make it to the wedding. Seriously, these are going to be the pictures we show our kids and grandkids and the pictures that will be displayed at our anniversaries, our kids' weddings, and probably our funerals, lol. It meant so much to us that Shelby and Jimmy worked so hard to capture our wedding day. I know how stressful planning and participating in just my own wedding was and it takes two special people to willingly step up to be involved in other couples' days the way they do. It probably helps that they are both so artistically talented and basically cut out for the job, but it still takes dedication and a ton of work on their part. We honestly got lucky that they were available for our wedding date. They were the first vendor I contacted once we had a date and venue because they book up fast.

Thank you both so, so much for being the absolute best wedding photographers we could have asked for. We are so grateful!

Sent on 01/31/2019

Janay · Married on 05/11/2018

Couldn’t ask for more for my wedding day!

Jimmy and Shelby were so easy to work with! We did our engagement photos and wedding photos/video with them. I would highly recommend them if you are looking for a stressfree experience. They were very flexible for last minute requests and super responsive to all my questions via text and email. It seemed like Shelby was always available for me when I had questions or concerns :). Shelby really made me feel at ease and didn’t let me worry about the small details because she already had them covered (every Brides wish!). They really cared about what we wanted out of our photos and really brought our vision to life....which we absolutely LOVED! Shelby has a keen eye for capturing the right moments and Jimmy really made our wedding video special. The letters they had us write to each other that played over our wedding video was nice touch that added in that extra emotion from the day of the wedding. They created our timeline for the day of to ensure we knew what we were doing and where we were going to be at all times. Shelby coordinated with myself and my wedding planner to ensure the timeline was exactly what I wanted. The day of, Shelby coordinated with my wedding planner and made sure we stayed on the timeline so that we could get all the shots we wanted. One of the moments that really stuck out to me was that after working 9-10hrs the day of my wedding, Shelby went out of her way, after she left my wedding (around 930-10pm), and picked out some of her favorites, edited them, sent them to me and posted them so that I could have something to see/post for myself!! Anyone who gets the chance to work with this couple can tell they are very passionate about what do and they really enjoy sharing in the experience with her clients.....because they actually care!! I look back on my photos and video and I am able to relive the day over and over again. I can’t thank/recommend Shelby and Jimmy enough!!! We are definitely going to utilize them again for family photos! View some of my favorites shot by them!

Sent on 01/15/2019

Danielle · Married on 05/05/2018

I can’t say enough good things about Shelby and Jimmy. My now husband and I did our engagement shoot and wedding with them and we could not be anymore happy with how our pictures turned out. They are so easy going and make the process so fun and come up with extremely beautiful pictures! Not only are our husband and I so thrilled with our pictures but so is our family, friends and even random people who have seen them on social media. I highly recommend this husband and wife team! We will continue to use them in the future! :)

Sent on 06/28/2018

Parisa · Married on 03/24/2018

I cant say enough great things about Shelby and Jimmy! I met them and knew instantly that I would want them there on our special say. Shelby and Jimmy made us feel so comfortable and special throughout the entire day. They went above and beyond to make sure everything went well. They are an incredible team and I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Meagan Angles · Married on 03/16/2018

Couldnhave found any one better

Shelby and Jimmy were absolutely wonderful. Our photos turned out beautiful. They were always so attentive and quick to respond when needed.

Sent on 01/11/2019

Alyssa · Married on 09/23/2017

I did a boudoir shoot with Shelby and it was one of the biggest blessings. Not only did she capture incredible photos of me, but she extracted confidence out of me that I didn’t even know I had. I have never felt as comfortable in my own skin, and as beautiful, as I did that day. Shelby is a true professional and she and her husband are such an incredible couple. Their work is as incredible and beautiful as their hearts.

Sent on 01/18/2018

Kara · Married on 06/24/2017

Amazing...would recommend to anyone

Shelby and Jimmy were absolutely amazing to work with! Very professional but they also made it fun! You can tell they love what they do!

Sent on 01/30/2019

Amber · Married on 10/12/2016

Will never use another family/event photographer!

I’ve known Shelby for years, and her and Jimmy do great work! They made my entire wedding party feel comfortable in front of the camera and we’re able to work with my venues (church) tricky guidelines. Though it’s hard to wait patiently for your pictures (2-3 months), they’re completely worth it when you get them!

Sent on 01/12/2019

Stacy · Married on 10/10/2016

"One day I will be sitting with my beloved in our white Cracker Barrel rockers on our covered porch looking through all our beautiful photos of our BIG day. Then, just as the sunsets he will grab my hand and ask me to dance to "our song". Instantly I am transported back to that day...the day I promised to love him until....
    That day was magical. Obstacles we never could have imagined, the sudden death of my father-in-law, even the threat of a hurricane instantly disappeared when that day arrived. The beauty of Strong Mansion, the people, the love....it was overwhelming and at the same time perfect. I never imaged this day...I had given up on that dream long ago, but God is faithful.
    God gave us another gift that day. He gave us Shelby and Jimmy. From the moment we met for a consultation to the final edit, they exceeded every expectation (which trust me, is difficult to do). Their professionalism and artistic instinct are priceless. You need both in a great photographer...and in their case you get two! They are relentless. At one point we were walking hand in hand and Shelby was shooting from behind. Next thing I know, she is in full sprint to get the shot from the front too! Now that is dedication! I just adore this couple and encourage everyone of you to at the very least meet for a consultation. I cannot wait until I can schedule family photos, senior portraits and more!
    Shelby, Jimmy....Gerald and I thank you for your EXQUISITE work, but more than that, for walking along side us during this journey that had its share of extreme highs and lows. Thank you for becoming our friends. That to us is more than we ever thought possible.

Sent on 03/13/2017