Capture By Alex Reviews

Capture By Alex 6
  • Erin

Erin Sears · Married on 12/28/2018

December Wedding Vision

Alex shot my wedding in December on Long Island, and was awesome to work with. It was a rainy day at a vineyard, and he still made the pictures turn out beautifully - I couldn't be happier with his vision that day. He also had a really relaxed vibe which worked really well with mine and my husbands - I didn't notice him taking pictures during the ceremony or reception. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 03/09/2019

Nicole · Married on 06/23/2018

Alex is absolutely incredible. We wanted our wedding under the stars but unfortunately due to rain, we had to order a tent & move everything under it. I contacted Alex telling him I was very concerned because I didn’t want the photos to really showcase the tent. He assured me it would be beautiful & that he would do whatever he could so that the tent wasn’t a focus. He even sent pictures of a wedding that was under a tent but you couldn’t even tell because of the way he took their photos. He went above & beyond to ensure our day was shot perfectly. I also wanted our photos to have a different hue to them & he worked with me to find the perfect coloring during the editing process. Alex listened to all of our needs & exceeded our expectations.

We also received many compliments on Alex after our wedding. Us, as well as our guests, thought he was very professional but was also so much fun to have with us on our special day. We can’t wait to work with him in the future!

Sent on 09/12/2018
    Capture By Alex 7
    Capture By Alex 8
    Capture By Alex 9
    Capture By Alex 10
    Capture By Alex 11
    Capture By Alex 12

Barbara · Married on 07/09/2017

We really can’t recommend Alex enough! He is affordable and definitely a good choice if you value candid, beautiful shots that really capture the actual experience of your wedding, rather than posed shots. The lighting in our photos are also incredible! He is also very kind and fun to work with.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Kim · Married on 09/04/2016

It was truly wonderful to work with Alex. Our photos look natural and are gorgeous. We love his style of photography and are so happy we booked him.

He doesn't do a lot of posing or give a ton of direction, which was actually really nice because we felt like we could be ourselves and feel a little more natural. He is also incredibly patient, as we had several large groups shots which involved a lot of wrangling and finding people. And his candid shots are great.

His one simple package included engagement photos, the entire wedding day (he and his assistant were with us from about 11 am to 8:30 pm), a few large prints, and an album. We initially were hesitant to do engagement photos, but are really glad we did because it make us feel more confident in our choice of photographer and also feel a little less awkward on the wedding day (my husband hates taking pictures). We haven't received our album yet (our fault because we haven't finished picking 50 pictures out of the amazing 600+ we received back), but are really excited for it.

Book Capture by Alex for your wedding!

Sent on 12/18/2016

Alex is such a talented and wonderful photographer! He captured both our engagement and wedding photos and we are so happy with the results. We have such beautiful photos that my husband and I, along with our friends and family love. Alex made us feel comfortable being photographed and was open to any ideas that we had! I highly recommend his services for any event or occasion- you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Colleen · Married on 06/15/2013

Alex is the perfect photographer for both engagement shoots and wedding shoots. He is very professional and knows exactly what works for you and your significant other. He did our engagement photos and knew exactly what time we should shoot so the lighting/sunset would be perfect for our pictures. He incorporated props that really brought out our personality and the quality of his work is superb. After the shoot, the photos were ready within a week and allowed us to review them and always put us first. I am beyond satisfied with this company and would highly recommend Capture by Alex to other Long Island brides.

Sent on 12/04/2013

Alex was one of three photographers covering my wedding. It was a small, intimate affair (less than 50 people) - an afternoon with family at a beautiful restaurant. We didn't want stereotypical posed pictures - we wanted the photographers to be 'out of sight out of mind' so that the guests were relaxed. Our ideal photos captured the essence of the day, the atmosphere, the guests, and the emotional content of the afternoon. I loved the quality of Alex's work and continue to follow his art on facebook. He's a wonderful photographer and I am happy to recommend him.

Sent on 12/04/2013

Andy · event on: 05/18/2018

I asked Alex to help with my surprise proposal to my girlfriend and it could not have gone any better! He was super helpful and patient throughout the whole process, even when it started raining and plans were pushed back an hour. He completely captured the special moment, and the following photoshoot was fun and felt very natural. I chose Alex for his awesome modern style, and both my fiancée and I absolutely love how the pictures came out. We would highly recommend Alex for anyone looking for a great experience and amazing photos.

Sent on 06/23/2018

Natasha · event on: 09/15/2013

Alex was extremely professional and best of all friendly!! We had such an amazing experience and I would recommend his services to any bride on their big day. He made our day that much more special.

Sent on 12/03/2013