Capitol Theatre Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Josalyn J. Married on 12/20/2021

Highly Recommend

Haley was wonderful to work with! She made everything so easy! Everyone we encountered was amazing! The venue is beautiful!
  • Courtney
    Courtney N. Married on 11/13/2021

Wonderful experience!

Haley helped us from beginning to end! She met with us several times and always made sure our questions were answered. This is an amazing venue with so many photo opportunities!
    Julie M. Married on 10/30/2021

Best wedding venue

I couldn't have imagined a better night. Every single thing was absolutely perfect.
    April G. Married on 10/24/2021

Best Venue Ever!

My husband and I took a tour of this venue just to see what it had to offer as a wedding venue (we love movies so decided to give this place a shot). From the moment we stepped inside, we were completely amazed. The theater is so gorgeous, the bridal suite is stunning, and the man cave is so fascinating with all the hidden rooms and theme-appropriate decor. Essentially from the time we left the tour to the time we got in the car, we knew we wanted to have our wedding here. Not only was the venue impressive, but our event coordinator, Haley, knew her stuff. From the very beginning Haley was immensely helpful and made sure we had every single detail of the wedding figured out. On our wedding day, her and her team made our roles of groom and bride as easy as could possibly be. They took care of everything from setting up literally everything to manning the photo booth to making sure our guests knew where to go and what to do. We could not have had a better coordinator than Haley. She was constantly in contact with us to see how planning was going and always made herself available to us for any questions or inquiries we had. She even went as far as to offer to get our food for us at the reception. We could not be more thankful for all Haley did to make sure our wedding day was perfect for us. We highly recommend this venue to everyone whether it be for a wedding or other special event. You will be taken care of and 100% satisfied with your experience. We will be bragging about the venue and Haley's expertise for as long as we both shall live.
  • Tammy
    Tammy B. Married on 10/24/2021

We had a worry free, magical wedding experience. We have stunning pictures that caught memories that will last a lifetime.

I am the mother of the bride. We had an unusual 3 hour Sunday morning wedding that turned out absolutely amazing. I was quite worried because I had nothing to do but enjoy it all. Not used to that. Haley was wonderful and on top of all the details. The venue is magical and everyone was quite impressed. I would definitely recommend this place. The photographer has sent some of our photos and they are stunning. Looking forward to getting the rest of them. Thank you to all for everlasting memories.
    Lora Married on 10/23/2021

Fabulous Wedding Venue

Have your wedding here! Everything from the planning to the actual event was seamless from the perspective of the Bride and Groom.
    Andy Married on 10/23/2021

Great experience

The Capitol Theatre was the perfect venue for our wedding. It's beautiful, affordable, and Haley and her team do an incredible job start to finish!
  • Brenda
    Brenda P. Married on 10/21/2021

Best Knoxville venue!

The best indoor venue in the area, hands down. Best lights and sound system. Knowledgeable staff. Will make your dream wedding come true. ALL my guests were wowed with each detail that the venue provides. Spacious restrooms, great lobby area with photo booth, ample man cave for groomsmen and beautiful and spacious upstairs for bridesmaids. THE BEST experience ever. We want to do it all over again..! Thank you Capitol for making our dream wedding even better. Highly recommend. Very close to Knoxville- destination wedding or local, this is the right venue. :-)
  • Leigh
    Leigh M. Married on 10/02/2021

Truly amazing event

Haley and Heath took our wedding to the next level. We appreciated their input and their professionalism. But out guests also appreciated them as well. All night we had guest telling us how much they enjoyed not only the venue but also the staff. They couldn't believe how engaged and genuinely happy the staff at the Capitol were during our event. We have no regrets about our choices that night. Truly amazing!!
    Caitlyn W. Married on 08/14/2021

Simply Amazing

The Capitol Theatre was just the venue we were looking for! To put it simply, it is absolutely amazing. The event director, Haley, answered all of our questions throughout the entire planning process and made the entire experience stress-free (or as stress-free as possible). During the ceremony and reception, she ensured we stayed on schedule and we did not have to worry about what comes next. The amazing staff ensured everything was set up and cleaned up before/after the event. We couldn't have asked for more support during one of the most important days of our lives. The venue has a built-in wedding planner (Haley), DJ services, catering, decor, and more. I honestly do not have a negative remark about our experience. THANK YOU for making our wedding a night to remember!! All of our guests complimented that our wedding was the MOST fun and unique they had ever attended, and I agree!
    Richard P. Married on 06/09/2021

Amazing and Breathtaking

From start to finish Haley was by our side helping make all of my wife's decisions easy for her. The venue is just breathtaking and was a dream come true, really makes you feel like you are the star on your special night. The pictures on their site doesn't do this place any justice, we seen Capital theatre years ago but when we walked in it was something amazing. Thank you Haley and Capital Theatre for making Our wedding exactly what my wife deserved
    Jeff T. Married on 05/28/2021

Amazing Experience

Haley and her crew at The Capitol did an amazing job as always. This was our 2nd experience using this venue and the quality and service was second to none!!! The staff and the Venue are worth every penny we spent on our reception
  • Madison
    Madison M. Married on 11/15/2020

An incredible venue, team, and experience!

I would highly recommend this venue to every bride I know!! Their team was amazing and instrumental in giving me and my new husband our dream wedding. This venue is so unique and incredibly beautiful, and I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding thanks to the Capitol
    Danny H. Married on 10/09/2020

A Dream Come True

Gosh, where do I begin. It's one thing to meet the woman of your dreams but it's another thing to marry them in such a astonishing venue. Getting married at 'The Capitol Theatre' was the best decision that me and my wife have ever made; the wedding was the best day of our lives.

Haley, the wedding coordinator was truly phenomenal. By the end of the night I truly felt that we made a friend that day. She really cared and listened to everything that we had to say and made our day stress free. She really is a kind soul and hard worker. Her and the staff killed it.

Heath, our MVP and DJ of the night did a tremendous job as well. That very next day, me and my wife stated that we forgot that we even had a DJ, because the music and transitions felt natural and perfect. It all felt seamless and nuanced. Heath, truly is the best DJ that I have ever met and one of the nicest as well.

I feel blessed to have met such wonderful people and to get married at such a beautiful venue. Everything was nice, literally, the chairs, stage, chandelier, lights, decorations, everything, etc.

If you want the wedding of your dreams then don't hesitate, choose The Capitol Theatre.

Thank you for everything Heath and Haley.
    Samantha Married on 10/03/2020

Incredible

Haley and staff were absolutely phenomenal! They were so easy to talk to and helped us every step of the way. I would highly recommend them to anyone!
  • Alysa
    Alysa M. Married on 09/28/2020

Fairy tale come true

I can not say enough about this venue and the staff here. My wedding was amazing and I couldn't have done it without the help of the Capitol! Haley was MORE than amazing and kept everything together and PERFECT! Any bride would be lucky to have a coordinator like her! And Heath the DJ was so great, the music was perfect and there was something for everyone played. The whole experience was a dream come true!
  • W
    Whitney R. Married on 08/15/2020

Simply the best!

We could not have asked for a better venue for our wedding. Haley and Heath went above and beyond to help with our wedding. Anything we needed they were on top of it. We highly recommend the Capitol Theatre for a wedding venue or a venue for any special event.
  • Taylor
    Taylor P. Married on 07/18/2020

Dream Come True Wedding Experience

We came to Haley & Heath 30 days prior to our wedding date because we had a last minute snag in our wedding plans. We were so stressed, but they were quick to respond, very easy to work with, and accommodating beyond all measure, which was such a breath of fresh air for a couple in distress. They truly went above & beyond to ensure that our wedding day was a everything we wanted and MORE! The Capitol Theatre itself is extremely beautiful, and has everything you could possibly need in a venue! The aesthetics, partnered with the kind and helpful staff, were the perfect ingredients for a dream come true wedding day. The lounges are phenomenal, the decor is gorgeous, and the cinemagic experience just ties it all together for the most perfect wedding! We are truly thankful that our original wedding plans fell apart because having our wedding at the Capitol Theatre was BETTER than we could ever have asked for! Many of our guests even praised the venue. We would highly recommend this venue, and will definitely book future events there.
  • Brenda
    Brenda I. Married on 07/10/2020

Glamorous Unique Vintage Venue

If you are looking for a venue that makes you 'the star' The Capitol Theatre is for you! The Hollywood style theatre glows with vintage ambiance and even puts your name is the spotlight! We had the pleasure to attend as vendors, Vintage Auto Props for the great get-away, and the owners as well as Haley the event coordinator, we very nice and great to work with. Beautiful venue, great food and happy smiling couples!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca Married on 06/27/2020

the perfect wedding

when I first walked in to this theatre, I was blown away. it is absolutely gorgeous! I love the idea of not having to travel to a reception site after the wedding and it is both romantic and a fun atmosphere. Haley was the best to work with. She is meticulous and pays so much attention to every detail. She could plan the entire wedding for you and you wouldnt even have to worry about a thing because she is that good. pictures do not even do the venue justice and all my family is still raving about how it was the best wedding they have ever been to!!
    Cheyenne R. Married on 05/16/2020

A unique and fun venue with amazing staff!

Haley and Heath at the Capitol Theatre were absolutely amazing. We had a problem with our first venue cancelling on us due to bankruptcy of the company three months from our wedding day. Haley got back to me the same day I contacted her, really within hours, and gave us a tour the next day, on a snowy, crazy day that you typically would not expect a venue to be open for tours. She was so kind and understanding of our situation and helped us and calmed our nerves tremendously. The venue was GORGEOUS. Their best package comes with all the decorations, so one huge plus is you don’t have to bring in a lot and clean up after! Another huge plus, you don’t have to worry about hiring a DJ. Heath is an AWESOME DJ and the lighting and music was great!! All of my guests were in awe of how beautiful the venue was and kept telling me all night! The location is great also, It’s right in the middle of Maryville, with hotels and restaurants super close. You will not regret booking this unique venue with the amazing staff that work here!
    Mikaela S. Married on 12/16/2019

The venue was PERFECT. Haley & Heath were both incredibly helpful and down-to-earth. They made the event relaxing & enjoyable!

The Capitol is special to me because it represents Maryville, the town where I grew up. My husband’s first time there was touring it as a potential wedding venue. We agreed it would be perfect for both sides, & we were right! Our guests LOVED it! It is truly unique & has such a fun, magical atmosphere. We had the reception there on a Monday, which was a great way to save some $. Our wedding/reception was in December, & we LOVED that it was decked out for Christmas. Beautiful! We highly recommend this charming venue (including the wonderful staff who are so awesome to work with).

Capitol Theatre's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, Mikaela! It was a pleasure working with you and Mason for your winter wedding! We wish you all the best!

Best wishes,

• Stephanie
    Stephanie P. Married on 12/07/2019

My Wedding Experience

The Capitol Theatre was an absolutely amazing and romantic venue. My wedding here was such a magical experience and I could not be happier. As for the staff Haley the Event Coordinator and Heath the DJ/Owner there are not enough words to describe them. Together as a team they are amazing, so professional and organized. They made the wedding planning process so easy and stress free. My guests could not stop talking about how much fun and beautiful the whole wedding was. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone for an event.

Hi Stefanie!

Thank you so much for your review! We wish you and James all the best!

• Pamela
    Pamela Married on 10/19/2019

You won't regret it!

Top to bottom, amazing experience working with the Capitol to host our wedding! Haley was organized and on top of things, answering countless questions over months of planning while Heath effortlessly adapted our handful of music selections into a full night of entertainment. Food from the primary vendor, Sullivan's, was great. The Capitol staff knows what they are doing and will make the event a night to remember.

As for the venue.. You have to see it for yourself. We kept with the motif and barely did any additional decorating, which suited our low maintenance style perfectly and it still looked fantastic. For the reception, the music, lighting, video, etc. managed to keep up the energy for a bunch of mid 30's and older well into closing time. Everyone had a blast. If we regret anything it's that we didn't extend the time longer. Put one way from one of our friends after a long line of weddings over the years, "You have won the wedding wars!.."

Capitol Theatre's reply:

Thank you, Pamela! It was a pleasure working with you and Darren! We wish you two all the best!

Savannah G. Married on 09/02/2019

An Absolute Dream! 🌟

The Capitol Theatre was an absolute dream! Two weeks ago we had to most magical wedding thanks to the wonderful staff at the Theatre. The moment my now husband and I walked into the space we knew it would be a unique and special experience for ourselves and for our guests. The staff was very helpful, especially Haley, and took away 100% of the stress of making sure everything went smoothly. They helped push me from one event to the next, making sure we stayed on schedule. The food was delicious and I had guests come to me afterward and tell me this was the most unique and cool wedding they had ever been to! I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants great food, wonderful service, and an unforgettable night!