Capitol Theatre Reviews

Capitol Theatre 6
Capitol Theatre 7

Savannah Greco 路 Married on 09/02/2019

An Absolute Dream! 馃専

The Capitol Theatre was an absolute dream! Two weeks ago we had to most magical wedding thanks to the wonderful staff at the Theatre. The moment my now husband and I walked into the space we knew it would be a unique and special experience for ourselves and for our guests. The staff was very helpful, especially Haley, and took away 100% of the stress of making sure everything went smoothly. They helped push me from one event to the next, making sure we stayed on schedule. The food was delicious and I had guests come to me afterward and tell me this was the most unique and cool wedding they had ever been to! I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants great food, wonderful service, and an unforgettable night!

Sent on 09/19/2019
    Capitol Theatre 15
    Capitol Theatre 16

Lisbet Ascon 路 Married on 08/09/2019

Wonderful venue, wonderful staff

I love the venue and the staff, my day turned out to be a wonderful memory for myself, my husband, our family and our guests. Best venue ever!

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Katie

Katie 路 Married on 06/15/2019

Unforgettable, stress-free wedding

We got married at the Capitol Theatre in June 2019. It was an AMAZING, wonderful, unforgettable, stress-free wedding.

**TL;DR**
    We had a stress-free and unforgettable wedding because the Capitol Theatre is such a unique venue and Haley and Heath make it an easy experience. The theatre makes your wedding magical. Haley and Heath are very communicative, organized, and professional - they make it easy to plan a wedding!

**The Venue**
    When doing our venue visits, the Capitol Theatre was the last place we saw, and we didn't think it would be a good fit since we aren't movie buffs. But as soon as we got the tour from Haley and Heath, we were sold. The wedding venue feels more like an old Broadway theater than a movie theater, which was absolutely along the lines of what we were looking for.

We went with the Crystal Package, which includes decorations, and the Photobooth, which meant we didn't need to organize anything besides the bartender and the cake - everything else was provided by the venue (we did bring in an outside caterer because of vegetarian dietary restrictions).

To set the scene, the bride gets ready in a spacious, beautiful room that makes you feel like a movie star, while the groom's man cave is full of poker tables, arcade games, and a bar.

If you have your ceremony there like we did, you get married under a glittering chandelier with a starry night as the background - it's simply magical.

The venue is perfect for a reception, and they have the formula worked out so they really know what they are doing. The tables are spacious for guests, and the dance floor is perfect for a night of dancing. The Cinemagic experience includes music videos and laser shows throughout dancing, which makes it an unforgettable wedding. Everyone told us it was the most memorable wedding they had ever been to.

We also had a rehearsal dinner party in the Emerald Room the night before. It is an exceptionally well-decorated speakeasy that really makes you feel like you're in the roaring 20s. Take a tour of the room even if you don't use it, and be sure to try to open any door you see (some don't even look like doors...) Our guests had a blast...we were dancing at the rehearsal dinner! We only wish that it allowed more than 30 people.

**The Staff**
    Haley and Heath were an amazing team to have on our side for the wedding planning process. Haley is very organized, knows what does and doesn't work, and is very responsive (which is not guaranteed with wedding vendors). I'm a corporate event planner, and I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to relax during the wedding, but day-of, I had complete faith that Haley could take care of anything that came up. If anything did come up, I'm not even aware of it!

Sent on 07/13/2019
    Capitol Theatre 28
    Capitol Theatre 29

Sarah Yassu 路 Married on 05/11/2019

Best day ever!

This was absolutely amazing!!!

Sent on 05/19/2019
    Capitol Theatre 41
  • Allison

Allison Lewis 路 Married on 12/29/2018

The perfect night!

They made our dreams come true! I would recommend anyone to get married here. There are so many options, the venue is just perfect. Very professional and you won't be dissapointed!

Sent on 01/17/2019
    Capitol Theatre 42

Denise and Lisa 路 Married on 11/02/2018

Wedding Reception

Fantastic and unique venue. Everything was great. Haley is easy to work with and extremely accommodating. 5 STARS !!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Sylvia Iradukunda 路 Married on 10/27/2018

The best you will ever get

It was a yes, at first sight, this venue was breathtaking in addition to the great intro and an awesome team. They were very flexible and understanding, they helped us in every way possible to make our dream wedding a reality. my husband and I had the best time celebrating our forever at this gorgeous place. All our guest constantly talk about the venue and great music combo. we definitely recommend it.

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica 路 Married on 10/12/2018

Magical dream come true

Haley and Heath were wonderful to work with. They are true professionals in what they do. They were so easy to work with and made sure our night was perfect. We had stage magic during our receptions and Haley helped us determine the best flow and Heath made sure that everyone had the technical support they needed. Haley also worked with our vendors to insure flawless set up the day of. The staff at the Capitol Theatre made our day truly magical!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Capitol Theatre 43
  • Cindy

Cindy Cantillo 路 Married on 10/11/2018

Awesomely beautiful

We had the most beautiful and blessed wedding !! Haley and her stafff went above and beyond to make my daughters wedding day the most wonderful day of her life . The memories we made were priceless ! I would suggest to everyone to have their event at the capital it鈥檚 so beautiful and something everyone will talk about !!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Capitol Theatre 48
    Capitol Theatre 49
    Capitol Theatre 50

Robin 路 Married on 06/29/2018

The amazing Light Show that comes with this venue is so awesome! They covered so much in their price. The stage you get married on is so Beautiful. It was a wedding that fulfilled all our dreams!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Capitol Theatre's reply:

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your nice review Robin!

Michaela 路 Married on 06/02/2018

It was an absolutely wonderful experience working with Haley, and our wedding was perfect! We got nothing but compliments on the venue, and the pictures do not do such a beautiful place justice!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Samantha 路 Married on 05/26/2018

We can't say enough amazing things about the Capitol Theater, Haley, and Heath! Our wedding day was absolutely dreamy! From the very 1st time we walked in, we knew we were in for a treat. My now husband, and I were looking all over town for reception venues. We knew we didn't want our reception to be outside or in a barn. Considering where we live, that left us with downtown knoxville and that's it. After touring some of the venues in Knoxville, we weren't in love. We felt as if we HAD to use their cater or their bar, etc etc.... We felt overwhelmed and almost like we were going to have to settle. THEN WE COME ACROSS THE BEAUTY THAT IS THE CAPITOL THEATER! Our tour was so catered to US. Our names were everywhere, Haley was so professional and answered all of my 26339 questions that I had, we were hosted to a private tour with the most amazing set list....we were blown away! This venue was it! It was everything that we were looking for! We could bring our own food, our own bar service, it had the capacity to fit our 200 guest list, WE WERE IN LOVE! through out the whole process Haley felt like a friend I had known my whole life. I was so excited about our venue that I just wanted to show it off! All 5 times Haley so graciously gave our loved ones a tour! No hesitation! She made sure I was informed every step of the way, and if there was anything that I need, seriously ANYTHING! She was there to help! Fast forward to our wedding day- If we could re-do our wedding day every weekend, we would! IT WAS THAT FUN!!! Haley and Heath....y'all THEY WERE ON POINT! I come from a Mexican catholic family and Heath was PERFECTION with the music! It was the perfect mix of our cultures, and we were obsessed! The dance floor stayed packed, NO ONE WANTED TO LEAVE IT WAS THAT FUN YALL!! We literally danced the night away...literally...we were the till midnight!!! Everything about our day was magic, and the Capitol theater played a HUGE role into making that happen! We love you!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Capitol Theatre's reply:

So glad we made you happy. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your important day. Thank you for the nice review. Heath

Lizzy 路 Married on 05/04/2018

Best day of my life. Hayley and Heath were amazing and made everything so easy. If you want a wedding where everyone will say it's the best wedding they've been to then choose the Capitol theatre. We would get married 100 times if we could do it there everytime.

Sent on 05/11/2018
    Capitol Theatre 51
    Capitol Theatre 52
    Capitol Theatre 53
    Capitol Theatre 54
    Capitol Theatre 55

Cory 路 Married on 03/16/2018

My Wife & I are so Happy that we picked Capital Theater as our Wedding Venue !!! Haley & Heath went WAY ABOVE & BEYOND our expectations !!! We had approximately 160 people attend & Everyone said it was the most Beautiful Wedding they ever been to & said our Wedding will be talked about for Years to come !!! We HIGHLY RECOMMEND Capital Theater to do anyone's Wedding !!! You Won't Be Disappointed !!!! It didn't matter what we wanted or how we wanted things done, They made it Happen !!!! Thank You So Much Heath, Haley & Staff !!!!

Signed,

Capitol Theatre 61
    Capitol Theatre 62
    Capitol Theatre 63

Capitol Theatre's reply:

Thanks for leaving the nice review Cory!

Brandi 路 Married on 01/20/2018

There are not enough words to describe how amazing this venue is. My husband Michael and I were married here on January 20th, 2018. To say the event director Haley and dj Heath were exceptional is an understatement. So professional, they knew exactly what we wanted and worked closely with us to make sure our vision came to life. I pity anyone who doesn鈥檛 have a day-of coordinator for their wedding, and Haley was there the whole time to make sure everything ran smoothly. The coordinator and dj are included with the venue, with is an amazing deal. The venue itself is beautiful, straight out of vintage Hollywood. You need hardly anything as far as decorations if you get the glamour package, which includes table decor and the lovely chandelier on stage where you鈥檒l do the ceremony and first dance. You can tell Heath and Haley have poured heart and soul into this business, and you don鈥檛 need to look any further than the Capitol for a fairy tale wedding.

Sent on 01/26/2018

Capitol Theatre's reply:

Brandi, thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to post this.

Michae 路 Married on 01/20/2018

There are not enough words to describe how amazing the Capitol Theatre is. My wife Brandi and I were married here on January 20th, 2018. We could not have made it through the process or had the finished product that we did without the Event Director, Haley, and the DJ/Owner, Heath. To say that they were amazing is an understatement. We had the ideas and the vision of what we wanted our wedding to be and the two of them brought it to life. 聽Brandi and I both thoroughly enjoyed working with Haley and Heath throughout the entire process from the signing of the contract all the way through the sparkler exit. 聽A wedding is very much like a production or a movie. 聽There鈥檚 a ton of planning, organizing, scheduling, a rehearsal, and so much more behind the scenes than most people realize that goes into a wedding. 聽When you stop and think about it, an old theater really is the perfect setting for a wedding. 聽I think for us, we enjoyed the fact that Haley and Heath worked so closely with us and made everything so personal. 聽That is something that we will remember forever. 聽Many of our guests have told us that our wedding was one of the funnest weddings that they have been to or that it was the most fun that they had in a long time.

The venue itself is beautiful, straight out of vintage Hollywood. You need hardly anything as far as decorations if you get the glamour package, which includes table decor and the lovely chandelier on stage where you鈥檒l do the ceremony and first dance. If you are worried about having a day-of coordinator for your wedding, then the Capitol is where you need to go. One part of Haley鈥檚 job as the Event Director is to be there during the whole event to make sure everything runs smoothly and that the Bride and Groom don鈥檛 have to worry about all of the little details. The coordinator and DJ services are included with the venue, with is an amazing deal.

Sent on 01/30/2018
    Capitol Theatre 64
    Capitol Theatre 65
    Capitol Theatre 66

Bethany 路 Married on 01/01/2018

My reception was everything I imagined it to be!

Sent on 01/18/2018
    Capitol Theatre 67

Bryan 路 Married on 12/09/2017

We highly recommend The Capital Theater. Haley & all the were excellent and a great help. They were easy to deal with and very accommodating. One of the best decisions we made for our wedding.

Sent on 01/17/2018

Ashley 路 Married on 11/11/2017

This venue was absolutely incredible!!! The staff was nothing but helpful and available any time day or night to answer all my silly bride questions. All my guests of all ages had such a fun experience at the theatre. I was told multiple times it is going to be hard to top this wedding because the venue was amazing! Highly Highly recommend using this venue :)

Kyle & Ashley C.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Melissa 路 Married on 10/21/2017

If you are looking for a wow factor event filled with fun and energy, you don't need to look any further. If you want to surprise your guests with amazing sights and sounds, this is the perfect venue. And, if you are looking to do all of this with folks who help you every step of the way and make life easy peasy for you, this is definitely the place to be. Heath, Haley & crew are the very best. Thank you all for giving my daughter an absolutely magical wedding day. Everyone had a great time. And, as I have told you guys before, the business meeting we held there previously is still the one everyone talks about. Hats off to jobs well done. Thank you so very much!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Lauren 路 Married on 10/13/2017

We had a Friday the 13th wedding in October this year at The Capitol and it was the best day of our lives! Joining together as one with all our family and close friends to witness was truly a blessing. Haley and Heath went above and beyond to make sure our day was true perfection! All the little details Heath incorporated to go along with some creepy but yet fun aspects of Jason for the Friday the 13th was such a big hit with everyone! We couldn't have asked for better people whom we now consider dear friends to help us on such an important day in our lives. Haley and Heath you will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Sent on 12/14/2017

Kristan 路 Married on 09/29/2017

We planned to look at a few other Venues after looking at the capital and when we walked in we were sold. The venue is absolutely beautiful and one of a kind in the area and the staff is so wonderful. Hayley helped so much along the way and Heath put everything together for us with the lights and music. We were very pleased with The Capitol and have already talked about Vow renewals being there at our 5 or 10 year anniversary.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Sheila 路 Married on 09/25/2017

I have no thing but awesome things to say about Haley and Heath. The venue was absolutely stunning and Haley and Heath were excellent. I was able to communicate with Haley via email and she always responded within the hour which made it easy for me to complete what I was working on. They took their time in explaining how everything would work and also made sure we didn't miss any key elements to our wonderful day. I would highly recommend Haley, Heath and their team along with the beautiful Capitol Theater.

Sent on 04/18/2018

Valerie 路 Married on 07/08/2017

The Capitol Theatre made our dream wedding come true!!!!! Everything about the day was perfect :) Haley did such an amazing job coordinating everything and making sure I had everything I needed on wedding day and felt comfortable and relaxed as possible! Her and Health make a great team- He played all the songs we wanted and created the BEST atmosphere for our guests!!! We got so many compliments about how magical the night was, our guests were very pleased with the theatre as well! I am so happy and thankful I chose this place to have my wedding, highest recommendation!! :)

Sent on 07/18/2017