Capitol Theatre Reviews

81 Reviews for Capitol Theatre

• Taylor

Taylor Pinyon · Married on 07/18/2020

Dream Come True Wedding Experience

We came to Haley & Heath 30 days prior to our wedding date because we had a last minute snag in our wedding plans. We were so stressed, but they were quick to respond, very easy to work with, and accommodating beyond all measure, which was such a breath of fresh air for a couple in distress. They truly went above & beyond to ensure that our wedding day was a everything we wanted and MORE! The Capitol Theatre itself is extremely beautiful, and has everything you could possibly need in a venue! The aesthetics, partnered with the kind and helpful staff, were the perfect ingredients for a dream come true wedding day. The lounges are phenomenal, the decor is gorgeous, and the cinemagic experience just ties it all together for the most perfect wedding! We are truly thankful that our original wedding plans fell apart because having our wedding at the Capitol Theatre was BETTER than we could ever have asked for! Many of our guests even praised the venue. We would highly recommend this venue, and will definitely book future events there.

Sent on 07/26/2020
  • Brenda

Brenda Irwin · Married on 07/10/2020

Glamorous Unique Vintage Venue

If you are looking for a venue that makes you 'the star' The Capitol Theatre is for you! The Hollywood style theatre glows with vintage ambiance and even puts your name is the spotlight! We had the pleasure to attend as vendors, Vintage Auto Props for the great get-away, and the owners as well as Haley the event coordinator, we very nice and great to work with. Beautiful venue, great food and happy smiling couples!

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 06/27/2020

the perfect wedding

when I first walked in to this theatre, I was blown away. it is absolutely gorgeous! I love the idea of not having to travel to a reception site after the wedding and it is both romantic and a fun atmosphere. Haley was the best to work with. She is meticulous and pays so much attention to every detail. She could plan the entire wedding for you and you wouldnt even have to worry about a thing because she is that good. pictures do not even do the venue justice and all my family is still raving about how it was the best wedding they have ever been to!!

Sent on 08/01/2020

Cheyenne Richardson · Married on 05/16/2020

A unique and fun venue with amazing staff!

Haley and Heath at the Capitol Theatre were absolutely amazing. We had a problem with our first venue cancelling on us due to bankruptcy of the company three months from our wedding day. Haley got back to me the same day I contacted her, really within hours, and gave us a tour the next day, on a snowy, crazy day that you typically would not expect a venue to be open for tours. She was so kind and understanding of our situation and helped us and calmed our nerves tremendously. The venue was GORGEOUS. Their best package comes with all the decorations, so one huge plus is you don’t have to bring in a lot and clean up after! Another huge plus, you don’t have to worry about hiring a DJ. Heath is an AWESOME DJ and the lighting and music was great!! All of my guests were in awe of how beautiful the venue was and kept telling me all night! The location is great also, It’s right in the middle of Maryville, with hotels and restaurants super close. You will not regret booking this unique venue with the amazing staff that work here!

Sent on 06/23/2020

Mikaela Smith · Married on 12/16/2019

The venue was PERFECT. Haley & Heath were both incredibly helpful and down-to-earth. They made the event relaxing & enjoyable!

The Capitol is special to me because it represents Maryville, the town where I grew up. My husband’s first time there was touring it as a potential wedding venue. We agreed it would be perfect for both sides, & we were right! Our guests LOVED it! It is truly unique & has such a fun, magical atmosphere. We had the reception there on a Monday, which was a great way to save some $. Our wedding/reception was in December, & we LOVED that it was decked out for Christmas. Beautiful! We highly recommend this charming venue (including the wonderful staff who are so awesome to work with).

Sent on 12/25/2019

Capitol Theatre's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, Mikaela! It was a pleasure working with you and Mason for your winter wedding! We wish you all the best!

Best wishes,

• Stephanie

Stephanie Parker · Married on 12/07/2019

My Wedding Experience

The Capitol Theatre was an absolutely amazing and romantic venue. My wedding here was such a magical experience and I could not be happier. As for the staff Haley the Event Coordinator and Heath the DJ/Owner there are not enough words to describe them. Together as a team they are amazing, so professional and organized. They made the wedding planning process so easy and stress free. My guests could not stop talking about how much fun and beautiful the whole wedding was. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone for an event.

Sent on 12/11/2019

Hi Stefanie!

Thank you so much for your review! We wish you and James all the best!

• Pamela

Pamela · Married on 10/19/2019

You won't regret it!

Top to bottom, amazing experience working with the Capitol to host our wedding! Haley was organized and on top of things, answering countless questions over months of planning while Heath effortlessly adapted our handful of music selections into a full night of entertainment. Food from the primary vendor, Sullivan's, was great. The Capitol staff knows what they are doing and will make the event a night to remember.

As for the venue.. You have to see it for yourself. We kept with the motif and barely did any additional decorating, which suited our low maintenance style perfectly and it still looked fantastic. For the reception, the music, lighting, video, etc. managed to keep up the energy for a bunch of mid 30's and older well into closing time. Everyone had a blast. If we regret anything it's that we didn't extend the time longer. Put one way from one of our friends after a long line of weddings over the years, "You have won the wedding wars!.."

Sent on 11/11/2019

Capitol Theatre's reply:

Thank you, Pamela! It was a pleasure working with you and Darren! We wish you two all the best!

Savannah Greco · Married on 09/02/2019

An Absolute Dream! 🌟

The Capitol Theatre was an absolute dream! Two weeks ago we had to most magical wedding thanks to the wonderful staff at the Theatre. The moment my now husband and I walked into the space we knew it would be a unique and special experience for ourselves and for our guests. The staff was very helpful, especially Haley, and took away 100% of the stress of making sure everything went smoothly. They helped push me from one event to the next, making sure we stayed on schedule. The food was delicious and I had guests come to me afterward and tell me this was the most unique and cool wedding they had ever been to! I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants great food, wonderful service, and an unforgettable night!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Lisbet Ascon · Married on 08/09/2019

Wonderful venue, wonderful staff

I love the venue and the staff, my day turned out to be a wonderful memory for myself, my husband, our family and our guests. Best venue ever!

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/15/2019

Unforgettable, stress-free wedding

We got married at the Capitol Theatre in June 2019. It was an AMAZING, wonderful, unforgettable, stress-free wedding.

**TL;DR**
    We had a stress-free and unforgettable wedding because the Capitol Theatre is such a unique venue and Haley and Heath make it an easy experience. The theatre makes your wedding magical. Haley and Heath are very communicative, organized, and professional - they make it easy to plan a wedding!

**The Venue**
    When doing our venue visits, the Capitol Theatre was the last place we saw, and we didn't think it would be a good fit since we aren't movie buffs. But as soon as we got the tour from Haley and Heath, we were sold. The wedding venue feels more like an old Broadway theater than a movie theater, which was absolutely along the lines of what we were looking for.

We went with the Crystal Package, which includes decorations, and the Photobooth, which meant we didn't need to organize anything besides the bartender and the cake - everything else was provided by the venue (we did bring in an outside caterer because of vegetarian dietary restrictions).

To set the scene, the bride gets ready in a spacious, beautiful room that makes you feel like a movie star, while the groom's man cave is full of poker tables, arcade games, and a bar.

If you have your ceremony there like we did, you get married under a glittering chandelier with a starry night as the background - it's simply magical.

The venue is perfect for a reception, and they have the formula worked out so they really know what they are doing. The tables are spacious for guests, and the dance floor is perfect for a night of dancing. The Cinemagic experience includes music videos and laser shows throughout dancing, which makes it an unforgettable wedding. Everyone told us it was the most memorable wedding they had ever been to.

We also had a rehearsal dinner party in the Emerald Room the night before. It is an exceptionally well-decorated speakeasy that really makes you feel like you're in the roaring 20s. Take a tour of the room even if you don't use it, and be sure to try to open any door you see (some don't even look like doors...) Our guests had a blast...we were dancing at the rehearsal dinner! We only wish that it allowed more than 30 people.

**The Staff**
    Haley and Heath were an amazing team to have on our side for the wedding planning process. Haley is very organized, knows what does and doesn't work, and is very responsive (which is not guaranteed with wedding vendors). I'm a corporate event planner, and I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to relax during the wedding, but day-of, I had complete faith that Haley could take care of anything that came up. If anything did come up, I'm not even aware of it!

Sent on 07/13/2019

Sarah Yassu · Married on 05/11/2019

Best day ever!

This was absolutely amazing!!!

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Allison

Allison Lewis · Married on 12/29/2018

The perfect night!

They made our dreams come true! I would recommend anyone to get married here. There are so many options, the venue is just perfect. Very professional and you won't be dissapointed!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Denise and Lisa · Married on 11/02/2018

Wedding Reception

Fantastic and unique venue. Everything was great. Haley is easy to work with and extremely accommodating. 5 STARS !!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Sylvia Iradukunda · Married on 10/27/2018

The best you will ever get

It was a yes, at first sight, this venue was breathtaking in addition to the great intro and an awesome team. They were very flexible and understanding, they helped us in every way possible to make our dream wedding a reality. my husband and I had the best time celebrating our forever at this gorgeous place. All our guest constantly talk about the venue and great music combo. we definitely recommend it.

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/12/2018

Magical dream come true

Haley and Heath were wonderful to work with. They are true professionals in what they do. They were so easy to work with and made sure our night was perfect. We had stage magic during our receptions and Haley helped us determine the best flow and Heath made sure that everyone had the technical support they needed. Haley also worked with our vendors to insure flawless set up the day of. The staff at the Capitol Theatre made our day truly magical!

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Cindy

Cindy Cantillo · Married on 10/11/2018

Awesomely beautiful

We had the most beautiful and blessed wedding !! Haley and her stafff went above and beyond to make my daughters wedding day the most wonderful day of her life . The memories we made were priceless ! I would suggest to everyone to have their event at the capital it’s so beautiful and something everyone will talk about !!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Robin · Married on 06/29/2018

The amazing Light Show that comes with this venue is so awesome! They covered so much in their price. The stage you get married on is so Beautiful. It was a wedding that fulfilled all our dreams!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Capitol Theatre's reply:

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your nice review Robin!

Michaela · Married on 06/02/2018

It was an absolutely wonderful experience working with Haley, and our wedding was perfect! We got nothing but compliments on the venue, and the pictures do not do such a beautiful place justice!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Samantha · Married on 05/26/2018

We can't say enough amazing things about the Capitol Theater, Haley, and Heath! Our wedding day was absolutely dreamy! From the very 1st time we walked in, we knew we were in for a treat. My now husband, and I were looking all over town for reception venues. We knew we didn't want our reception to be outside or in a barn. Considering where we live, that left us with downtown knoxville and that's it. After touring some of the venues in Knoxville, we weren't in love. We felt as if we HAD to use their cater or their bar, etc etc.... We felt overwhelmed and almost like we were going to have to settle. THEN WE COME ACROSS THE BEAUTY THAT IS THE CAPITOL THEATER! Our tour was so catered to US. Our names were everywhere, Haley was so professional and answered all of my 26339 questions that I had, we were hosted to a private tour with the most amazing set list....we were blown away! This venue was it! It was everything that we were looking for! We could bring our own food, our own bar service, it had the capacity to fit our 200 guest list, WE WERE IN LOVE! through out the whole process Haley felt like a friend I had known my whole life. I was so excited about our venue that I just wanted to show it off! All 5 times Haley so graciously gave our loved ones a tour! No hesitation! She made sure I was informed every step of the way, and if there was anything that I need, seriously ANYTHING! She was there to help! Fast forward to our wedding day- If we could re-do our wedding day every weekend, we would! IT WAS THAT FUN!!! Haley and Heath....y'all THEY WERE ON POINT! I come from a Mexican catholic family and Heath was PERFECTION with the music! It was the perfect mix of our cultures, and we were obsessed! The dance floor stayed packed, NO ONE WANTED TO LEAVE IT WAS THAT FUN YALL!! We literally danced the night away...literally...we were the till midnight!!! Everything about our day was magic, and the Capitol theater played a HUGE role into making that happen! We love you!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Capitol Theatre's reply:

So glad we made you happy. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your important day. Thank you for the nice review. Heath

Lizzy · Married on 05/04/2018

Best day of my life. Hayley and Heath were amazing and made everything so easy. If you want a wedding where everyone will say it's the best wedding they've been to then choose the Capitol theatre. We would get married 100 times if we could do it there everytime.

Sent on 05/11/2018

Cory · Married on 03/16/2018

My Wife & I are so Happy that we picked Capital Theater as our Wedding Venue !!! Haley & Heath went WAY ABOVE & BEYOND our expectations !!! We had approximately 160 people attend & Everyone said it was the most Beautiful Wedding they ever been to & said our Wedding will be talked about for Years to come !!! We HIGHLY RECOMMEND Capital Theater to do anyone's Wedding !!! You Won't Be Disappointed !!!! It didn't matter what we wanted or how we wanted things done, They made it Happen !!!! Thank You So Much Heath, Haley & Staff !!!!

Signed,
    Cory & Robin Parker

Sent on 03/29/2018

Capitol Theatre's reply:

Thanks for leaving the nice review Cory!

Brandi · Married on 01/20/2018

There are not enough words to describe how amazing this venue is. My husband Michael and I were married here on January 20th, 2018. To say the event director Haley and dj Heath were exceptional is an understatement. So professional, they knew exactly what we wanted and worked closely with us to make sure our vision came to life. I pity anyone who doesn’t have a day-of coordinator for their wedding, and Haley was there the whole time to make sure everything ran smoothly. The coordinator and dj are included with the venue, with is an amazing deal. The venue itself is beautiful, straight out of vintage Hollywood. You need hardly anything as far as decorations if you get the glamour package, which includes table decor and the lovely chandelier on stage where you’ll do the ceremony and first dance. You can tell Heath and Haley have poured heart and soul into this business, and you don’t need to look any further than the Capitol for a fairy tale wedding.

Sent on 01/26/2018

Capitol Theatre's reply:

Brandi, thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to post this.

Michae · Married on 01/20/2018

There are not enough words to describe how amazing the Capitol Theatre is. My wife Brandi and I were married here on January 20th, 2018. We could not have made it through the process or had the finished product that we did without the Event Director, Haley, and the DJ/Owner, Heath. To say that they were amazing is an understatement. We had the ideas and the vision of what we wanted our wedding to be and the two of them brought it to life.  Brandi and I both thoroughly enjoyed working with Haley and Heath throughout the entire process from the signing of the contract all the way through the sparkler exit.  A wedding is very much like a production or a movie.  There’s a ton of planning, organizing, scheduling, a rehearsal, and so much more behind the scenes than most people realize that goes into a wedding.  When you stop and think about it, an old theater really is the perfect setting for a wedding.  I think for us, we enjoyed the fact that Haley and Heath worked so closely with us and made everything so personal.  That is something that we will remember forever.  Many of our guests have told us that our wedding was one of the funnest weddings that they have been to or that it was the most fun that they had in a long time.

The venue itself is beautiful, straight out of vintage Hollywood. You need hardly anything as far as decorations if you get the glamour package, which includes table decor and the lovely chandelier on stage where you’ll do the ceremony and first dance. If you are worried about having a day-of coordinator for your wedding, then the Capitol is where you need to go. One part of Haley’s job as the Event Director is to be there during the whole event to make sure everything runs smoothly and that the Bride and Groom don’t have to worry about all of the little details. The coordinator and DJ services are included with the venue, with is an amazing deal.

Sent on 01/30/2018

Bethany · Married on 01/01/2018

My reception was everything I imagined it to be!

Sent on 01/18/2018

Bryan · Married on 12/09/2017

We highly recommend The Capital Theater. Haley & all the were excellent and a great help. They were easy to deal with and very accommodating. One of the best decisions we made for our wedding.

Sent on 01/17/2018