Capers Catering Reviews

Capers Catering 5
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/09/2019

11/9/19 Wedding

Capers knocked it out of the park - WOW! We are so so so impressed! When we began looking for a caterer, we knew it would be tricky as we wanted half of the menu to be vegan. We also knew we really wanted a french fry bar. Capers made all of this happen with ease! At our tasting, we were able to meet with the head chef who answered our questions and explained our options. He was so accommodating and the entire tasting was so personable. After hiring Capers, we worked with both Kate and Catherine who were absolutely PHENOMENAL! Catherine was so responsive to all of our questions and made sure that we were satisfied with everything. She even met us at our event rental place and helped us figure out our options for table linens, chairs, etc. The day of the wedding, Catherine was there with a huge smile on her face making sure that everything was running smoothly. Catherine truly was amazing to work with - thank you for everything!!! She made sure we were left in good hands with our event manager that night, Dana, who was so wonderful! We were completely blown away by the entire staff the night of our wedding. As soon as the ceremony was over, staff came right over with hors d'oeuvres and made sure everyone in the bridal party had a drink. All night long, Dana and her staff kept checking in with us to make sure we had everything that we needed. We also truly appreciate that they had everything clearly labeled and that all of the staff knew the vegan options and relayed them to me. We have gotten so many compliments on how AMAZING the food was - WOW! The taco bar was a huge hit and they made my french fry bar dreams come true!! We cannot say enough good things about Capers! They went above and beyond our expectations and we are SO happy that they were a part of our wedding day. Thank you to the entire staff for making our day so special!!!

Capers Catering 6
    Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 10/19/2018

Great food, wonderful experience

Capers food was the best food we have had at any weddings we attended. They were incredibly helpful from the very first day - our original meeting had great samplings for us to try out, they had very helpful tips and recommendations for what would work well with our other plans, and were able to answer every question we had. In particular, Gabrielle and Kate were very communicative and even came to our last walk through at the venue to ensure we knew their set up plans, timing, and that everything was taken care of. They were also highly sensitive to allergy concerns, dietary restrictions, and any special requests. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/06/2019

Nicole · Married on 09/22/2018

Incredible!

We can't get over how incredible our experience with Capers was! After a terrible experience with the first caterer we booked for our September 2018 wedding, we found Capers and from the moment I first connected with Kate and Gabrielle - they put my worries aside as I knew I was finally in good hands. We were able to do a full tasting - which is an experience you don't get with every caterer and we really appreciated the chance to be able to taste our wedding day menu. They were so helpful along the way and always responsive and professional. Our guests are still gushing about the food a month after the wedding. Their food is creative and delicious and our hor'dorves, dinner and dessert were all PERFECT - everything was the right temperature and you could tell they put so much work into the food they prepared for us and our guests. Thank you Capers for helping to make our big day unforgettable!

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 07/07/2018

Everything on the menu is fantastic!

Every item on the menu was delicious! Capers was able to cater my backyard wedding reception out of tent and make it feel like we were all in a fine restaurant! The food was so fantastic, we've used them again for another party. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Katy · Married on 06/23/2018

The Capers team was over-the-top, ridiculously wonderful. From start to finish, they were the MVPs of our wedding planning process. We got married at a beautiful venue that required us to rent everything. I explained what I was looking for to Kristin and she walked me through the entire process -- she coordinated rentals; helped us plan, taste and revise our perfect menu; advised on logistics; and generally served as my wedding planning tutor. She thought of every detail throughout the planning process -- she asked questions I didn't even know needed answers. She recognized that weddings are expensive and helped us put our money to work on things guests would remember and appreciate (and not where nobody would notice it).

When the day of the wedding came, I was 100% confident in the Capers team. And they blew us away. The food was outstanding. My guests are still talking about the pre-ceremony lemonade and flavored water, the mini lobster rolls, the raw bar, the baby grilled cheese sandwiches with goat cheese and strawberries, the steak -- the list goes on! Kerri was coordinating on site, and it was all set up perfectly (including the 400 votive candles we left her and her team to light!). The bartenders were incredible and kind. The service was great -- from dinner to the JP Licks ice cream bar. If there were any problems at all, Capers managed them beautifully and they were kept off of our plates.

I can't recommend them enough. Catering + rentals were far and away the biggest line item of our budget, and I'm so glad we spent the money with Capers.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2018

Capers is a wonderful caterer to work with. Kate and Gabrielle were responsive, professional, cheerful, and extremely competent as we decided on the menu and planned for the big day. On the day of, the staff was attentive, friendly, proactive, and detail-oriented. We got so many compliments on the food, which was absolutely delicious. They went out of their way to be helpful to us throughout the process, and I would definitely recommend and engage them again in the future.

Sent on 06/04/2018
  • F

Franca · Married on 12/16/2017

I wish I could give Capers catering 10 stars. We hired them to cater our daughter’s wedding and our experience with them was delightful from beginning to end.
    Of course, when hiring a caterer for such an important event we all shop for the most delicious food, and in this regard Capers exceeded our expectations with a truly outstanding meal. Chef Kevin met with us several times to design and implement a menu that suited our tastes, our heritage, our budget, and the mood we hoped to set for our guests. In the end, the kitchen staff outdid themselves on all counts. A month after the wedding I’m still getting calls about how wonderful the food was.
    In planning this wedding I learned how very important it is to surround yourself with kind, professional, hardworking people, and in this regard, Capers hit the mark again. I worked with Kristin for a year planning the menu, renting equipment, negotiating with the venue, etc. and I can honestly say I’ve never worked with a more capable, friendly, responsive person in my life. Our event was a huge success, in large part due to Kristin. She is Super Woman.
    I highly, highly recommend Capers catering – they were largely responsible for making my daughter’s wedding a beautiful and memorable event!

Sent on 01/06/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

After several wedding tastings we unanimously decided to go with Capers. The quality of their food and their attention to detail are unprecedented. Our friends and families could not stop raving about the food and presentation.

Kate was also absolutely phenomenal to work with. She remembered every little detail and moved things along to ensure that everything was executed properly. Her positive attitude and professionalism were truly appreciated.

Thank you Capers!

Capers Catering 11

Stephanie · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I highly recommend Capers. Its difficult to serve great food to 150 people but they did it flawlessly. The food is out of this world! We received so many compliments on the food. The service was fantastic, Kate makes the process so easy and goes over every decision in great detail. The service for the day of was fantastic the event manager really had the whole team working in sync. They are worth every penny!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Rachel · Married on 09/03/2017

I am a food blogger and my husband and I love cooking together and trying new restaurants, so when it came time to select our wedding caterer we had high standards. I was immediately drawn to Capers Catering because of their healthy, fresh ingredients and amazing menu selections. Kristin from Capers was our initial contact and she was incredibly responsive and helpful from day one. About 14 months before our wedding, we set up a tasting with Kristin and LOVED the food we tried. Every bite Chef Kevin served us was more delicious than the last. We knew we'd found our caterer. Throughout the wedding planning process I worked with Kristin and Leslie on every aspect of the day from snacks for the bridal party, cocktail hour food, reception food, timing of events, and so much more. They also helped secure all of the rentals for our venue, including linens, glasses, tables, flatware, and a dance floor. I made so many changes to my design plan along the way and was constantly emailing Kristin and Leslie, yet they never seemed bothered at all. They were always quick to respond and take care of any request I had. They were very considerate of our budget and never tried to upsell us on things we didn't need. Just as we had hoped, all of our wedding guests RAVED about the food. We had food stations and everyone kept going back up for more. So many people told us it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding (and I agree!). Aside from having an incredible menu, Capers just made the whole wedding planning process so much easier. If I lived in Boston I would use them for every event I had. Book Capers today! You'll be glad you did.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Betsy · Married on 08/26/2017

Capers was so accommodating and professional. I highly recommend them!

Rhea · Married on 08/26/2017

Capers did an incredible job catering our wedding on every level. From the tasting to our wedding day, they were responsive, accommodating, and thought of every detail we'd need to consider to make our day memorable from the food perspective (including bringing drinks and a small plate of hors d'oeuvres to us as we were having our photos taken post-ceremony). Our guests raved about the food, and we enjoyed it so much we made a point to eat full plates, which not every couple has time to do at their wedding! Every member of their team was a pleasure to work with, which was important to us since you work closely with a caterer in the months leading up to your wedding. Thank you to Kristin, Megan, and the rest of the team for making our day delicious and memorable!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Matthew · Married on 07/22/2017

We found Capers via a list of vendors we could have chosen from, and we could not have been happier with how they delivered on our special day!

Brittney · Married on 07/15/2017

Amazing service, friendly staff, delicious food, we were so happy w the experience we had with Capers. I do think the overall price was high, but relative to the price of other caterers in the area at least your get a great value from it! Kate and her team we're so friendly and helpful. Lastly, our guest still tell us how much they enjoyed the meal at our wedding! They were amazing. Thank you again!

Capers Catering 12
    Capers Catering 13
    Capers Catering 14
    Sent on 10/17/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/30/2017

I used Capers for my wedding this past summer and I had an amazing experience working with Kate and everyone on the Capers staff. The food was delicious, we received tons of praise all night - even from the pickiest of eaters! The service was unbelievable, Kate and all of the waitstaff went out of their way to make sure my husband and I, and every one of the guests were constantly happy and well-fed. We had to quickly move the cocktail hour and toasts inside when it started to rain, but no one even noticed because the Capers team was able to transition everything so seamlessly! I would highly recommend Capers for your wedding, or any event you could think to hire them for, they are worth every penny!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Kelly · Married on 06/24/2017

Capers Catering catered our entirely vegan wedding this June at the Mass Audubon Habitat Education Center & Wildlife Sanctuary in Belmont, and they did an amazing job with everything!

We loved that they were excited about a vegan menu, and that they were honest if they couldn’t make something vegan and would source it elsewhere. We chose eclectic vegan apps (mini black bean tacos, samosas, summer rolls, bruschetta w/ tapenade, mushroom/veg rice bites) and a vegan buffet (roasted veggie ravioli, roasted potatoes, roasted carrots, mushrooms/green beans, summer salad, and bread). Almost all our guests eat a regular diet (only a few vegetarians/vegans), and everyone RAVED about the food – especially the mini tacos and ravioli! Also, the buffet food was presented beautifully.

We worked closely with Kate up until the wedding – she was amazing, always responsive to all my emails and my detailed questions or requests. Dana was our day-of-coordinator, and everything I had talked to Kate about was seamlessly translated to her. The day of the wedding, her and her team made my husband and I feel like a king and a queen (ex. brought us a drink and apps during photos after the ceremony). I had asked about taking home a box of leftovers, and she boxed up ALL the leftover apps and buffet food – enough for multiple meals!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Debbie · Married on 06/10/2017

We are so happy that we chose Capers to cater our daughter's wedding at The Connors Center in Dover, MA. The team of Kristin and Leslie were fantastic to work with and the food was delicious. At our tasting, we met the chef who prepared and talked through all the various options so that the menu was perfect for our guests and evening and in line with our vision. Everyone has continued to rave about the food, from the passed hors d'oeuvres to the main courses to the miniature cupcakes and other sweets that we did in lieu of a cake. There were also many decorative touches that Capers added to give the event a special look and they executed everything to perfection! I cannot say enough great things about Capers- they are truly wonderful!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2017

I could not be happier that we chose Capers to cater our wedding at the Connors Center in Dover 2 weeks ago!! We had tastings with four different caterers and after our tasting at Capers, we knew they were our best bet! We felt Kristin totally got our vision, she gave us great ideas, and was absolutely fantastic to work with! We also got to meet the chef, who was awesome and so knowledgable! Kristin and Leslie met with us again before the wedding to go over all the details. They did not miss a beat and delivered us a gorgeous wedding with tons of custom details and decor. Guests are still RAVING about the food, which was absolutely delicious with beautiful presentation!! Thank you, Capers!! We hope we have another catered event so we can work with you again soon!

Sent on 06/24/2017

Stephanie · Married on 04/01/2017

Capers is fantastic all around; my wife and I were absolutely thrilled with our experience start to finish. We had a cocktail party reception with heavy passed appetizers and Capers picked up on the vibe and type of food we wanted right away. Kate and Leslie were incredibly responsive and attentive via email, and hosted a tasting for us at Capers to finalize our menu (which was definitely worth the time, as we did change several menu items after the tasting). The food was excellent (favorites: mac & cheese cups, truffle tots, tuna tartar wontons, brownie pops), the staff very professional and timely, and the coordination with our wine/beverage provider flawless. We recommend without hesitation. So much so that at a recent family event, we had Capers cater dinner!

Kimberly · Married on 09/23/2016

If Caper's is available for your wedding, book them. Kristin is absolutely the best.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Claire · Married on 08/08/2016

I highly recommend Capers Catering. If you are looking for exceptional service and most importantly delicious and quality food, Capers is the place to go! Kate and her team helped to cater my August wedding at Tower Hill Botanical Gardens. Not only was the food delicious and the staff professional, but Kate was available and extremely helpful throughout the planning process. From suggesting table arrangements to best fit our space to helping us acquire booster/seats high chairs for young guests, Kate was a pleasure to work with. I would pick Capers again, and I hope other brides do as well!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Chelsea · Married on 04/30/2016

Capers Catering could not have been a more perfect choice for our wedding food and catering services. They worked tirelessly to provide us with top-quality food that matched our vision for the wedding; they went above and beyond to make sure that the entrees were exactly what we were looking for. They were flexible and responsive every step of the way. The day of the wedding, their service was impeccable. Everyone raved about our wedding food afterward, from the Colombian-themed appetizers during cocktail hour to the delicious entrees during dinner. During cocktail hour, some of the servers made it a point to go to where we were taking photos and make sure we had a plate of appetizers set aside. Everything about Capers was wonderful, and we would highly recommend them as a wedding caterer.

Sent on 05/16/2016

We used Capers Catering for our wedding of 150 guests at Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center and they truly made the event a complete success. Choosing a caterer was probably one of the harder decisions throughout the wedding planning process for us, but Capers' professionalism, experience, and excellent food made the choice a no-brainer. Kate worked with us throughout the entire planning process and was incredibly responsive and knowledgeable. She had excellent suggestions, accommodated all of our requests, and brought our vision of our perfect wedding to life. Teresa was the event coordinator on the day of our event and she was amazing as well. Everything was executed perfectly, the space looked incredibly beautiful all set up, the service was spot-on, and the food was phenomenal. My family won't stop talking about how perfectly cooked their salmon was. During what is inevitably a very stressful planning process, working with Capers was a breeze and thanks to them our wedding day was pretty perfect. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Morgan · Married on 08/22/2015

Capers did a wonderful job catering our reception at the Codman Estate. We worked with Kristen throughout the process. Her responsiveness was a key factor in us choosing Capers over other catering services. Kristen also referred us to many great vendors. Everyone we ended up using for our reception was at her recommendation (and they were all amazing). On the wedding day she did a great job coordinating with our DJ to keep things running smoothly and shifting around the schedule when we ran a bit late for cocktail hour. The food was of course delicious! We got many compliments on the passed apps for cocktail hour. We highly recommend the mini lobster rolls. Capers also covered our bar service for the night and helped us pick our signature cocktail, the "cucumber cooler." Overall food was super important to us for our wedding day, and we were so glad we used Capers for their excellent service and great food!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Patrice · Married on 08/15/2015

We loved Capers! They catered our wedding and the food was amazing! We mainly worked with Kristin and she was highly responsive and helped us craft the perfect menu for our wedding. She also made our floorplan and helped with numerous other aspects of the planning outside of catering. As we got closer to our wedding date, we also worked with Teresa, who was on-sight during our wedding. She was also amazing! We would highly recommend the Capers team to anyone getting married who wants amazing food and top notch customer service.

Sent on 08/29/2015