Cantor Jinny Marsh Reviews

23 Reviews for Cantor Jinny Marsh

1 User photo

Cantor Jinny Marsh 1

Candace Gunnarsson · Married on 11/10/2018

Cantor Jinny was Awesome she made our daughters wedding ceremony incredibly special

Cantor Jinny worked with my daughter and son in law to create a beautiful, magical and unique wedding ceremony. By blending Jewish traditions with flare, Cantor Jinny was able to successfully meet the needs of our eclectic family. The ceremony was awesome. With a full and whole heart I recommend cantor Jinny!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Cantor Jinny Marsh's reply:

Dearest Candace,
    It was a privilege to be part of Marissa and Mike's wedding. Hope you are doing well and thank you for this beautiful review. I hope we can see each other soonest. Much love, Jinny

Becki · Married on 09/23/2018

Wonderful experience

Cantor Jinny Marsh was the officiant of my Jewish wedding. My husband is Hindu and I am Jewish; we had a ceremony for each religion. In the beginning I was having trouble finding a rabbi or cantor who would marry us, since it was an interfaith marriage. But finally found Jinny on wedding wire. We met with her three times to work on the ceremony script and get to know each other. We had a practice rehearsal with the wedding party the day before and Jinny was there to explain everything and lead the practice. The wedding day went super smooth and everyone seemed to really enjoy the ketubah signing ceremony, and wedding ceremony and Jinny’s singing. I absolutely recommend Cantor Jinny Marsh.

Sent on 11/03/2018

Cantor Jinny Marsh's reply:

Hi Becki, Thank you for your beautiful review. I think of you and Nitesh often and hope you're doing well.
    Much love,
    Cantor Jinny

Cameron · Married on 09/16/2018

We couldn't be happier with Cantor Jin and how our wedding ceremony worked out! Throughout the whole process she was very helpful as we had many questions on how to setup our ceremony, what readings to do, etc etc, and she was available to help us every step of the way. Her singing and humor during the wedding ceremony were a highlight for us and made our special day much more memorable. Thank you Cantor Jin!

Sent on 09/19/2018
  • abutler

Allison · Married on 08/27/2017

Jinny lead a beautiful wedding ceremony for me and my husband. She is responsive, professional, easy to work with and very flexible. We had asked a friend to marry us before looking into the laws in VA and she was willing to work with us so our friend could be a part of the ceremony and we would be legally married at our wedding. That meant a lot to us and Jinny did such a lovely job with a heartfelt, non-religious ceremony for our special day.

Sent on 09/23/2017
    Cantor Jinny Marsh 2

Allyson · Married on 12/10/2016

We were so thrilled to have Cantor Jin officiate our wedding! It has always been important to me to have a Jewish wedding, but since my husband is not Jewish we were initially concerned with finding someone that would be willing to marry us. Cantor Jin was our answer! From the start, she was very open, warm, and accepting. She met with us numerous times to plan a ceremony that fit everything we were looking for—we kept calling it Jewish "light"—and also found thoughtful ways to include my husband's family in the Jewish traditions, which was important to us. She truly listened to what mattered most to us in our ceremony and ketubah signing. She was so helpful in answering questions we had before the wedding, from proofreading our ketubah to our processional order, and by meeting with us before the wedding on multiple occasions we felt like she could represent our relationship on a more personal level. Cantor Jin was very willing to customize our ceremony to make it special and intended for us as a couple; we were able to include traditions we favored and leave out ones that weren't as important to us. She also incorporated things we told her about our families and parents into the ceremony, which made it very special. In the end, Cantor Jin performed a beautiful ceremony that was relatively quick (our request!), meaningful, lighthearted, and full of love. We were so happy to be married by her, and our families and guests truly enjoyed the ceremony as well!

Sent on 01/06/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/17/2015

Apparently we were supposed to nail down an officiant many, many months before our wedding. When we came to 4-ish months before without one, it took a while to find someone who would perform our non-religious wedding with some aspects of Jewish culture. The rabbis wanted to do a Jewish wedding or required premarital counseling, the non-Jewish ones either didn't know the traditions well or, in one case, had never even been to a Jewish wedding.

As soon as my husband found Jinny, we knew she was the right one for the job. She gave us a ton of ceremony options but didn't push anything on us. The only thing I would have done differently was have her at the rehearsal, since we weren't ready for a few technical aspects. But somehow that made the ceremony even better and set exactly the right lighthearted tone we wanted for the wedding. Basically, we couldn't have found a better officiant.

Sent on 11/21/2015

Linda · Married on 03/21/2015

Cantor Jinny did a wonderful job as officiant of our recent wedding. She was very flexible and accommodating as we put together our ceremony and did not have an issue with us requesting an atypical format and different wording in certain areas. She was always responsive and organized when scheduling our meetings and we enjoyed her warm demeanor and sense of humor. She helped us out with little things such as bringing kippot to the ceremony and even gave us a kiddish cup as a gift when we told her we didn't have one. As an interfaith couple she made us feel very welcomed and comfortable. Also her beautiful singing voice added a very nice element to the ceremony. We would highly recommend her as a wedding officiant.

Sent on 04/12/2015

Jinny is amazing. My now-husband and I aren't particularly religious - i'm culturally Jewish and he was raised Catholic, and originally we were thinking of having a court-house ceremony and just a big party afterwards. However, we realized as we got closer to our wedding how important to our family and to us it would be to be officially married in front of our friends and family. Out of the two of us, I am the most religious in my beliefs and so we decided to be married by a Cantor - My mother actually came across some reviews of Jinny and reached out on our behalf - and it turned out to be a perfect fit.

Jinny is such a wonderful person - she was so incredibly open and flexible with our service to accommodate our family-oriented, less religious-focused ceremony. She was willing to perform our service on a Saturday after sundown, spoke with us numerous times about what we did or did not want to include in our ceremony, and was just incredibly patient and accommodating. I highly highly recommend her for anyone!

Sent on 04/15/2014

dara · Married on 10/05/2013

My husband and I were so thrilled to have found Jinny! Me being Jewish, and my Husband not, it was difficult finding an officiant, one that would marry us, and two that would perform the ceremony before sunset. We met with Jinny and knew from our first meeting she was the perfect officiant. Through our many meetings she got to know us as a couple and made us feel incredibly comfortable. She never judged us or gave us a hard time about our different religious backgrounds and worked with us to intertwine both of our religions into a beautiful, meaningful ceremony. I received so many compliments from all our guests on how wonderful or ceremony was and how great Jinny was. I highly recommend using Jinny as an officiant, she really takes the time to get to know the couples that she works with and is so personable.

Sent on 11/01/2013

We adore Jinny and cannot say enough wonderful things about her. She is warm, funny and truly cares. We worked together for months to plan the ceremony that was perfect for us. We live out of state so had to do most of our communication by email and Skype but it didn't affect our relationship at all. The ceremony was intimate, meaningful and dignified. Jinny, we can't thank you enough!

Sent on 05/05/2013

Randi · Married on 04/28/2012

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Jinny. She is kind, caring, attentive, perceptive, FUNNY, and extremely flexible about scheduling, planning and the final ceremony planning. She takes the time to get to know you, individually and as a couple, and helps to customize meetings and ceremony details. Our ceremony was beautiful and fit our personalities perfectly. Weeks later we're still receiving so many compliments about Cantor Jinny. We're so happy that she has this special place in our hearts.

Sent on 05/14/2012

joh · Married on 09/26/2010

She was very adapting to our interests and she offered a very meaningful and beautiful ceremony.

Sent on 10/03/2010

Diana · Married on 09/04/2010

Cantor Marsh was the most wonderful cantor. Her beautiful voice welcomed me down the aisle and set the tone for the whole ceremony. She officiated with warmth and helped make our ceremony accessible for an interfaith crowd. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her!

Sent on 07/08/2011

C · Married on 07/24/2010

Cantor Marsh was great to work with. She explain all of the parts of the service really well (we had an interfaith ceremony. We met with her several times before the big day and felt really prepared for the ceremony.

Sent on 09/13/2010

Brenna · Married on 04/18/2010

Cantor Jinny was a great officiant. She was very flexible to our many requirements. We were having a combined Jewish/Catholic wedding, which was complicated to create. She was really open to all our ideas and helped me to create a beautiful and meaningful ceremony. She helped us plan all of the aspects of the ceremony and helped us practice steps that I would not have thought of without her. She was a great source of knowledge concerning Jewish traditions. She has a beautiful singing voice that added a lovely addition to our ceremony. I would definitely recommend her as an officiant to any couples looking.

Sent on 06/16/2011

Maria · Married on 09/07/2009

Jinny was wonderful! We had an interfaith ceremony and she was very flexible. Also had great ideas when we were unsure of what to do. Warm and great to work with. We have been married for a little over a year and a half and we still receive holiday wishes from her. It's wonderful for someone to have that level of attention to detail in today's fast paced world.

Sent on 06/24/2011

Cindy · Married on 05/09/2009

Cantor Marsh performed our wedding ceremony last May and it was just perfect!

We were really impressed that Cantor Marsh took the time to get to know us personally prior to our wedding. We had so much fun working with Cantor Marsh that we looked forward to our meetings with her leading up to our event. Cantor Marsh helped guide us as we went through the process of writing our vows and how are ceremony was going to be performed. Believe me, that was no easy task for me and my Husband, however she made it easy for us. It was so beautiful and unique that all of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed our ceremony.

Cantor Marsh even went a far as to build us a Chuppah for our ceremony just days before our wedding! We couldn't find a Chuppah that fit the space where our ceremony was being held and we made the difficult decision to proceed without one. We were so surprised when we found out that Cantor Marsh and her husband designed and built us one just days before our wedding! My Mother was crying when she found out, she was so happy!

We really appreciated all that Cantor Marsh did for us. She really made this a very special and memorable event that we will never forget. I would HIGHLY recommend Cantor Marsh to perform your ceremony and would be happy to speak with you if you have any questions about our positive experience.

Sent on 09/12/2010

Nelson · Married on 11/10/2007

Jinny was wonderful to work with, very helpful and flexible in working with us and our unique circumstance. She helped to make our wedding day special!

Sent on 06/18/2011

Mindy · Married on 04/27/2013

Jinny created and performed a wonderful ceremony for our interfaith wedding. She was very flexible, provided lots of suggestions and worked with us to explain the various parts of the ceremony and traditions to find what would be most appropriate for us and our families. Above all she was fun to work with and we enjoyed the time we spent meeting with her. We met with her several times to nail down the ceremony and even Skyped with her the week of the wedding to do a dry run. On the day of, the ceremony was more than we could have hoped for. Many of our guests commented that they really enjoyed the ceremony, had a few laughs and those that were not Jewish noted they liked that the Jewish traditions/parts of the ceremony were explained. Jinny was excellent!

Sent on 05/16/2013
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 07/03/2011

I am very pleased with Cantor Jinny Marsh and how she conducted our wedding. She was very warm and welcoming to my husband and I. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and she made our day so special. I cannot thank her enough for taking the time to work with us to make our ceremony intertwined with both of our beliefs, with the focus on the unity between us. It was so very special!

Sent on 07/14/2011

Nicole · Married on 06/25/2016

Jinny was really great! She helped us craft a meaningful ceremony that blended our personalities with traditions. I come from a Jewish home and my husband was raised Catholic. Jinny was full of energy and kept things light at times and serious when appropriate. We met her in person once and face timed/talked on the phone several times leading up to the wedding.

Sent on 07/19/2016

Jessica A. · Married on 10/11/2008

Cantor Jinny did a great job at our wedding! She is quirky, warm, funny and very kind. Our service was very personal because she took the time to get to know my husband and I as a couple. Our guests still tell us how wonderful Jinny was, and are still laughing about the "stand up comedy" that she occasionally used. Cantor Jinny also was very sensitive and understanding about having an inter-faith service. She upheld all the Jewish traditions that are important to my family, without making my husband's family feel left out or any less important. I would definitely recommend her services!

Sent on 06/20/2011