Candace Photography Reviews

30 Reviews for Candace Photography

• Jennifer

Jennifer Stewart Lackey · Getting married on 05/06/2021

Fabulous Photographer!

I love working with Candace for my client's weddings! She is easy to work with, goes with the flow and captures the day absolutely perfectly! My client's (and I) love her easy going personality and it makes everyone at ease on the wedding day. Not to mention, how beautiful the end result is with the most outstanding photos. I look forward to working with Candace Photography more in the future!

Sent on 11/26/2019

Candace Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Jen, easy to create beautiful photos when they have such a wonderful planner. Cant wait to work with you on some amazing weddings this coming year!
  • Jessica

Jessica Strack · Getting married on 12/03/2020

Beautiful photos and great to work with!

Candace was great to work with from start to finish. She was very responsive and professional. She showed up early for our event to find the best spots and lighting for our photos. Her photos are beautiful. She has a great creative eye and experience with posing couples or families for beautiful photos. We were very pleased and impressed with Candace for our event and will use her again for our family photos or other events.

Sent on 04/30/2019

Candace Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words! I was so lucky to get to be the photographer at your and Ray's event!
  • Ashley

Ashley Cloer · Married on 06/06/2020

Candace was amazing!

Candace was AMAZING to work with! We knew from the moment we hired her that she would be awesome. She took the time to get to know us as a couple, which made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. She spent hours with us getting all of our desired locations at our engagement shoot, and on the wedding day she was so calm and collected. Our photos turned out amazing and we will cherish them forever!! I look forward to having Candace take family pictures for us in the years to come.

Sent on 09/21/2020

Candace Photography's reply:

Ashley, wow thank you so much! Your and Nick's day was absolutely one for the books. I feel so lucky to have got to capture such beautiful memories for you and would feel blessed to continue doing that for you anytime!
  • Ashley

Ashley Jackson · Married on 03/14/2020

A Dream To Work With

Candace is a dream to work with. In a market where wedding photographers are everywhere, you want someone who you'd want to hang out with and could trust your deepest secrets to. Someone who no-matter-what sees beauty in everything. That's Candace.

She is an unbelievable photographer and a truly kind, patient, and empathetic person. She captures intimate and natural moments as well as the timeless photos that every bride (and family) loves without being imposing or making people feel uncomfortable.

She goes above and beyond to make everyone feel like they can just be themselves. My husband and I are not comfortable being the center of attention, so being in front of the camera is not natural for us. We liked that Candace included the engagement shoot for “practice” and we loved meeting her virtually and learning about her process.

She works hard to really get to know each couple before the wedding. I think this makes her uniquely equipped to capture the perfect and most pure emotions of the day.

She was my lifeline from the very beginning. The morning of our engagement shoot I woke up with a rash on my chin which got worse during my hair and makeup trial that day which inevitably lead to not being able to get my hair curled and blown out for my engagement shoot. I texted Candace panicked... I didn’t own a curling iron, my makeup was on point but my hair was a hot mess. Candace showed up early with a curling wand and curled my hair. Even though it was the first time we had actually met in person, it was like we had been girlfriends for years. She got me camera ready and even helped me pick out cute accessories for my outfits.

As the wedding approached and the threat of COVID loomed, she checked in on me without being overbearing. The week of the wedding I still hadn’t given her our family shot list, so I think she called to check on that, but we ended up talking about all the changes we were having to make bc so many people were canceling. She didn’t pressure me for my list. Instead she sent me a list of wedding party and family shots that are most commonly requested and we worked from that. It’s little things like that that make Candace so special. She gave me the option to set the list that I wanted, but when it was clear that I couldn’t get my thoughts together and think through what I wanted, she gave me a template to work from and made some suggestions based o what she knew about our families.

Candace is a kind and generous soul that sees beauty, laughter and love in everything. She goes out of her way to help and serve her clients as if they were long-time friends. At our engagement shoot, she kept us laughing. During our wedding, she captured tender moments, moments of pure joy, crazy dance moves, and everything in between.

Hiring Candace is the best decision we made during wedding planning (aside from our wedding planner who recommended her).

Candace will undoubtedly be our family photographer for years to come.

Sent on 04/28/2020

Candace Photography's reply:

Literally tearing up reading this! Thank you for sharing your day with me. I loved capturing every moment of your and Jays beautiful love story. You guys will always have a special place in my heart and I can’t wait to capture more beautiful moments to come!

Amy C · Married on 01/04/2020

Looking forward to working with Candace again

Candace is a wonderfully creative, kind and genuine person who has a true gift. I am the MOG. Neither the bride nor groom were excited about having any engagement or wedding pictures taken - really. However, when they worked with Candace on the Engagement photos, they fell for her and the end results showed. She captured the uniqueness of the couple. The brides family had hired her for the Engagement/Wedding package, and once I saw the first round of captivating engagement photographs (some including 2 dogs), I hired her for the Rehearsal Dinner and am so happy that I did. She not only wanted to know who attending was special and needed to be pictured, but she genuinely cared about the relationships of those persons to the couple and their families. Her talent provided us with candid and formals; some that were whimsical; some tender; some creative- and incredible photos of the flowers. She knew the areas and the backdrops to suggest- both indoors and outside. Her First Look photograph series tells their story and captures every emotion on both of their faces.
    Candace is prompt, professional, respectful, and does what she says she is going to do (and then some!) One reason she is able to accomplish what she does is that she is a good listener. She takes the time to know the couple and their families and loved ones. We highly recommend her and would love the opportunity to work with her again in the future.

Sent on 02/27/2020

Alicia Cole · Married on 10/05/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Working with Candace was hands down one of the best decisions we made throughout the wedding process. She was so fun and personable to work with and shot the most beautiful photos. All of our family and friends have been raving about her and we would all recommend her over and over again!! Said it before, but she really is the best!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Candace Photography's reply:

Alicia, this means the absolute world to me. That you trust me not only to share in your and Tim's beautiful wedding but to recommend me to your wonderful friends and family is just over the top amazing! Thanks so much!
  • Karen

Karen Santiago · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing Wedding Photos

Candace was absolutely wonderful to work with. Her photography skills are top notch. Thank you for such beautiful pictures, Candace!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Candace Photography's reply:

Karen, thank you so much for so many kind words. You and Vince had the most beautiful wedding and it was so fun to get to meet all your wonderful family and friends there to share the day. I feel so blessed to have been your photographer and know you and Vince are going to be so happy!
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 08/03/2019

Candace captured our day perfectly!

From our very first FaceTime call with Candace, we knew she would be the perfect addition to our wedding day. We hired Candace almost a year before our wedding and she was there for us every step of the way. We live in another state, so we were only able to meet through FaceTime initially, but she took the extra time to meet up with us in person when we were visiting the area over the holidays. It meant so much to us that she truly cared to get to know us, and we left with even more confidence in our decision. We loved knowing that someone in such an important role on our wedding day was so positive and truly enjoyable to be around.

Candace was organized and professional and worked with us to create a timeline and day-of plan to make sure we would get all the photos we wanted. More importantly, though, Candace is one of the kindest people you will ever come across, and her heart and thoughtfulness shine through in her work. She took beautiful portraits and caught so many special moments throughout the day—and even drove up to the mountains with us for a session with our pup when we returned from our honeymoon!

We feel so lucky to have found Candace to photograph our wedding. Our pictures are absolutely beautiful and we truly feel as though we've gained a friend along the way.

We highly recommend working with Candace if you're looking for a sweet, genuine, talented photographer who doesn't miss a thing. She is a dream!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Candace Photography's reply:

Oh Megan, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a beautiful review. I loved that I was able to be there for you every step of the way through your engagment all the way to your beautiful wedding day and even after with your couple session! You and Logan are such an amazing couple and your love was so evident through the whole process. I loved telling your story and being a part of such wonderful memories! I feel not only blessed to have had you as clients but to get you as life long friends! You make my job so enjoyable and I loved every minute of your wedding journey!
  • Lexi

Lexi Snyder · Married on 07/06/2019

Candace for the win!

I cannot say enough how wonderful Candace was for our engagement session, everything leading up to our wedding, our rehearsal dinner, and most of all our wedding day! In our engagement shine she was standing in ankle deep water just to get the perfect shot--she will do whatever it takes for her couples! She is so personable and genuine, and it is impossible not to feel comfortable with her! She listened to everything I wanted in our photos and brought our wedding season to life better than I could have ever imagined. Everyone I have seen after our wedding immediately compliments how beautiful our photos were. Meet with Candace and I promise you will want to book her right after. Booking her was one of the best decisions we made!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Candace Photography's reply:

Oh my goodness my heart is bursting thank you so much Lexi!!! I had such an amazing time capturing your engagement and wedding through your photos. It was so fun and full of genuine love! I know you guys are going to have the happiest marriage and I wish you and Mark the very best!

MHESC · Married on 07/01/2019

Creative, Enjoyable, Capture you Looking Amazing !

Candace is an amazing photographer, that has captured our family in three wedding events , expressing beauty, style , and personalities. Engagement photos with expression of the couple’s excitement and happiness. This brought us in the decision to have Candace photo our rehearsal dinner event , In a suite at SunTrust Park, Braves game, to capture small groups of family and friends, that photos will be memorable for a lifetime . On the wedding day , a bride & groom were photographed that showed the beauty of the bride in every photo . Candace’s creative layout of the bridal party with the plan of the perfect spot to shoot the group photos was breathtaking...
    An overall enjoyable Photographer who has great organization and talent ..

Sent on 09/08/2019

Kyla · Married on 06/24/2019

Best vendor decision of the wedding!

From start to finish of our entire wedding process, Candace was an absolute pleasure to work with! We lived out of town while planning our wedding and she was accommodating to our schedules every time we were in town. Not only did she have great communication the entire time, but it was a joy when she was shooting! She made the day of the wedding so fun and her shots are just stunning!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Candace Photography's reply:

Kyla thank you for your amazingly kind words. You and Derek were such a joy to work with. Your wedding was beautiful and well planned and thought out. Your energy was contagious and every step of the wedding was just so much fun! Thank you for trusting me to capture your wedding day and all the special moments that went along with it!
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Ampudia Clark · Married on 05/24/2019

Gorgeous images we'll cherish forever...

Candace did an amazing job with our wedding photos. On our wedding day she worked endlessly to capture as many special moments as she could. We are in love with our gallery + had such a great, smooth experience working with her! Thank you, Candace! --xoxo, the Clarks

Sent on 08/05/2019

Candace Photography's reply:

This is making me blush. I cant thank you enough for all your kind words and it was such an honor to get to capture your wedding day! I am so glad you had a great experience and love your photos!

Madison Bundy · Married on 05/09/2019

Fabulous & Easy!

Super great! My husband and I are so awkward in front of the camera and she made us feel amazing! She came with poses for us to do and was prepared for everything. Candance was very involved with all the planning, making sure she knew where she was supposed to be in order to get all the shots that I wanted!! Very optimistic during a stressful day and made everyone feel great!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Candace Photography's reply:

You and Zane had the most gorgeous of wedding days and I feel lucky to have been able to capture it as your photographer. It was seriously the perfect story book wedding and you and Zane are the most beautiful couple! Thank you so much for all your kind words!
  • Sarah

Sarah Polhill · Married on 04/27/2019

Candace is amazing

Candace made our day absolutely wonderful. She is kind, flexible, and invested in her clients. We didn't just get beautiful photos with perfect light, but we also made a new friend :)!

Sent on 01/26/2020

Candace Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah! You are the absolute sweetest and I feel so lucky to have been able to capture your and Peter's beautiful day! Your words means so much, and your friendship in the process even more.
  • Emily

Emily Caroline Paulk · Married on 04/14/2019

Best Vendor I booked!

Candace was the most responsive and flexible vendor that I booked. She worked with me on pricing and went way above and beyond working with my wedding planner to make our day perfect. She truly made our wedding photos amazing (even with the rain!) and was a true blessing!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Candace Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Emily for your kind words. You and Trae were absolutely wonderful to work with and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat!

Ginny Joslin · Married on 08/27/2018

Couple photos

We loved having Candace take our pictures and they turned out amazing! She made us feel comfortable and natural when taking our couple shots. She gave us direction that was very helpful and kept us relaxed. She was easy to work with and we would highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Kaylee · Married on 08/10/2018

Candace is absolutely wonderful! She captured all the sweet moments of the morning of my wedding day so beautifully. With all the running around that morning, it is so fun to look back at her pictures and see all the interactions between my bridesmaids that I had missed and the many emotions of that morning. Candace was so easygoing and helped keep the morning fun! Her pictures are stunning.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Kay Guzowski · Married on 08/10/2018

Outstanding!

Candace was a delight! She did a fabulous job of capturing the special moments of my daughters wedding day. My most favorite pictures were of everyone getting ready. She was very easy to have around and was not intrusive in any way. I look forward to using her services again.

Sent on 07/27/2019

Dana · Married on 07/16/2018

When I needed some professional photos taken for my business, I had to have Candace do them. She has an eye for the perfect lighting and knows exactly how to give direction to her subjects and pose them in the most flattering angles. I am not a photogenic person and with most other photographers I am usually only able to find one or two photos out of an entire shoot that I like but I genuinely loved every single photo Candace took at our shoot. She is so fun and easygoing and made me feel relaxed and confident during the shoot. She really spent the perfect amount of time with me to be sure I had enough options to choose from and I never once felt rushed. She has great personal style and that great taste translates into beautiful, tasteful photos that are more like pieces of art. She’s very talented and I will definitely be hiring her again and again.

Jessica · Married on 07/10/2018

First of all, Candance is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. We worked together on a styled shoot back in July and she made me and my husband feel so comfortable. She delivered our pictures super fast and her quality was amazing! She was so complimentary of us the entire shoot and she was so kind. We LOVED working with her. If you want beautiful pictures on your wedding day or for a styled shoot/portraits, she is your girl! I highly recommend :)

• Kendal

Kendal · Married on 06/01/2018

Delightful to work with!!

Candace is incredible!!! She was so sweet and easy going. She did both the wedding and an engagement session before hand and she did such a great job with both. Our pictures are stunning and the way she edits her photos is so beautiful. She helped us plan our day of timeline, used our shot list and made sure we got every picture we wanted without taking a long time. She really looked out for our best interest and made sure our photos came out perfect!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Candace Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Kendal for the kindest words. Your and Michael’s wedding day was one for the books, just so amazing and I feel blessed to have been your photographer. So glad your experience was a great one and that you loved your pictures! PS still have wonderful dreams about that chocolate covered bacon ;)

Sarah · Married on 04/21/2018

Candace did a wonderful job taking our family photos! She was very professional and brought out our photogenic side! Can’t wait to use her again!

Eryn Hicks · Married on 12/09/2017

She is amazing!!!

Candace is absolutely amazing!! She photographed my husband and my wedding back in December (in the snow). Not only is she extremely talented and has an incredible eye for the 'perfect shot', but she is also easy to work with. She is so sweet and was a joy to work with! I highly recommend using her for any and all special occasions!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Brenda

Brenda Dameron · Married on 04/10/2017

Wedding photographer

Candace is wonderful! We had a small, intimate wedding ceremony outdoors on a friends’ property. I’d heard about Candace thru a friend and saw some of her work online. She does excellent work with special lighting to capture the beauty in any setting. She photographed special moments I wasn’t even aware of at the time. I highly recommend her for your most special day!

Sent on 10/15/2018