Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry Reviews

Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry 5
  • Jen

jen · Married on 10/20/2019

Best Artist!

Cannan was great to work with from the trial to the wedding. I had bad allergies and she did wonders! Pleasant the entire time and knows what's shes doing. I recommend her services to anyone looking to feel like a million bucks! Thank you Cannan!

• Corinna

Corinna Michelle · Married on 07/05/2019

Canaan is the BEST

I cannot recommend Canaan enough. She did make-up for me, my bridesmaids, and my mom, and everyone loved her work. The airbrush make-up stayed on the entire day despite the rain, heat, and humidity. She also did a phenomenal up-do for my hair, perfectly capturing the sample photo I showed her. On top of her doing such a great job with hair and make up, she was such a calming presence in the midst of a chaotic wedding day.

Hannah · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing!

Canaan captured my vision perfectly! The three separate times she did my hair and makeup, she made sure I was fully happy with the look and that it was the look I was going for. She was professional , quick to respond, and the most calming person to spend such a stressful day with. I could not recommend her more!!

• Tejas

Tejas · Married on 05/19/2019

Truly amazing and incredible work

Canaan is exceptional. I first met her when she did makeup for a friend's wedding where I was a Bridesmaid. She did a great job and I didn't think twice before booking her for my wedding makeup. She is always on time and very professional. She meticulously worked on creating my wedding look and I was very happy with how it turned out. She is very patient and responsive to all questions and concerns. She had a personal unfortunate event before my wedding but she still did not cancel on me and I am very grateful for that. Canaan understands the emotionally charged atmosphere of weddings and she takes up the role of a wedding therapist to calm the bride before the wedding which is adorable and extremely endearing.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Katelyn · Married on 11/03/2018

Highly Recommend!

I am so thankful for Canaan! She did an incredible job on my hair and makeup as well as my bridesmaid's makeup. It was exactly what I envisioned and I received so many compliments. She was professional, quick to respond, and incredibly kind. I highly recommend Canaan for any wedding or special event. She will do a fabulous job!

Sent on 01/23/2019
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 10/20/2018

High Quality and Dependable

If you're looking for a high quality and dependable hair and make-up artist for your wedding, then you need to hire Canaan. She's responsive, patient, and respectful of your time. She also brings the perfect balance of listening to what you want and offering her professional opinion. Initially, I thought I wanted a certain look and she explained fully what that would mean for the end result and I ended up choosing an option that suited me so much better. When my mom wanted her hair adjusted but didn't know how to explain it, Canaan knew exactly what subtle tweaks to make to have the end result not only be stunning, but exactly what my mom wanted.

Sent on 11/30/2018

Danielle · Married on 09/09/2018

Talented and Professional!

I was referred to Canaan by my hair stylist and I could not be more thankful I found her! Canaan is so sweet, kind, caring and talented. She listened to what i wanted for our engagement and wedding photos and she did exactly that. She made me feel more beautiful than I ever have. I was so impressed with her work and professionalism. I highly recommend her for any important photos or events in your life! Well worth the investment!

Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry 6
    Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry 7
    Sent on 12/15/2018

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2018

Canaan does amazing work! She is very talented and great to work with. I would definitely recommend!!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Courtney · Married on 07/14/2018

Canaan was so great to work with through the whole wedding process! She was always quick to respond and did multiple hair trials until we figured out what I wanted. She was so friendly and it was like having a friend hang out while she did our hair and makeup on the wedding day. She did a phenomenal job on my hair and makeup! I was so so happy with how it all turned out! I received so many compliments on how amazing my hair and makeup looked on our wedding day! I owe it all to Canaan! She really made me feel like a star that day! She also did a wonderful job on my mom’s hair and makeup and my bridesmaid’s hair! I would so highly recommend Canaan!

Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry 8
    Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry 9
    Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry 10
    Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry 11
    Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry 12
    Sent on 08/23/2018

RACHEL · Married on 07/07/2018

Canaan recently did my hair and makeup for my wedding a couple weeks ago and she is AMAZING! She made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day! My hair and makeup looked EXACTLY how I wanted it to. I couldn't have asked for a better stylist. So thankful for Canaan! I would recommend her to anyone. She's the best of the best!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Kirtika · Married on 06/30/2018

Canaan was awesome! She did hair and make up for me and also make up for my bridesmaid. She was ontime, very professional and most of all she was very patient. She was with me whole day of the wedding -June 30 2018 and she had to start the make up very early as I had 6 bridesmaid and me to work with. She was so patient in customizing each ones needs and made us look gorgeous. I had shown her some pics of pinterest and she was able to replicate and infact make it much more better. I never thought i could look that beautifyl. All my friends and relatives kept praising me telling i looked stunning, all thanks to Cannan. I would definitely recommend Canaan to anyone who want to look stunning on their wedding day!. Thanks a lot Canaan for everything, you are awesome!

Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry 13
    Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry 14
    Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry 15
    Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry 16
    Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry 17
    Sent on 07/06/2018

Megan · Married on 06/16/2018

Canaan James was wonderful to work with for my wedding! I was very happy with how my makeup looked for both the trial and the actual day. The makeup itself stayed on for the entire day and never smudged it was flawless. I highly recommend using her for your makeup needs!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Elyna · Married on 06/02/2018

SOOO AMAZING! I wish I could get married every weekend just so I could have make up done by her every time!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Candice · Married on 02/10/2018

Canaan was absolutely amazing!! I can't begin to thank her enough for the exceptional work she does. As a professional photographer, I have worked with Canaan before and can definitely say she is one of the best! She makes sure everyone is completed on time and looking fabulous! This is absolutely key when trying to make your big day go as smoothly as possible. As a bride, I knew I wanted Canaan. She brought in an extra hand as we had seven bridesmaids and at least 11 additional girls that wanted her services. Everyone was beyond trilled and already thinking of reasons to hire her again! Can't wait to work with Canaan again!!

Sent on 03/05/2018

Holly · Married on 12/12/2017

I've used Canaan for 2 photo shoots now, and I can honestly say she is the best of the best. She takes extra measures to make sure the overall look is superb. Not only is her professionalism and skills over the top, but she also has a personality to match.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Kelsey · Married on 11/11/2017

Canaan was a very affordable and amenable option for the hair and makeup for my fall wedding. I needed someone that was willing to be flexible with our plans and she was. She made me look like a princess both at the trial and on the wedding day and she did such a great job that a member of my wedding party has already booked her for her upcoming day as well!

Sent on 03/02/2018

Maria · Married on 10/28/2017

Working with Canaan was a dream! She was so professional, kind, and calming on my big day. Canaan was very flexible when scheduling my trial and was very responsive anytime I had a question or idea about my wedding look. Not only did she make me feel wonderful, she also did a custom package for my bridesmaids and they looked stunning! She made sure we were all happy with our look before we left her chair. If you are looking for someone to make you feel beautiful on your wedding day please (or anytime) call Canaan, you won't regret it!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Kelsey · Married on 10/21/2017

Thanks again for being part of our day! You helped us all feel fabulous.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Meagan · Married on 10/14/2017

Canaan is extremely talented and when it comes to capturing the look your invisioning she is spot on! She was so flexible and accommodating and went above and beyond my expectations. I would recommend Canaan for your wedding hair and makeup needs.

Thank you so much as you and your team was incredible!

Meagan S.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Jen · Married on 09/30/2017

Canaan did an absolutely outstanding job with my hair and makeup and making sure I was getting exactly the look I was going for on my wedding day. I couldn't believe how incredibly gorgeous and stunning I felt when she was done getting me ready -- and even by the end of the night since it all held up so amazingly well! What I also truly appreciated was that near the end of the makeup application, I accidentally created a very noticeable blemish in one area... and Canaan stayed and threw herself into reworking that spot and going back at it as many times as she needed to until it was good as new and looked like nothing had ever happened, and with the best attitude about it the whole time. The level of professionalism and dedication she shows for her work is top notch. I just had the most fantastic experience working with Canaan from the very beginning of planning the trial run through all the way to the very end of my wedding day session. I seriously, seriously lucked out finding and choosing her to get me looking so much more amazing than I'd even imagined that day.

Sent on 11/26/2017

Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry's reply:

Jen, you are such a gem and I am so happy that I was able to make you feel happy and beautiful on your big day! Thank you so much letting me be a part of your wedding and I wish you the best of luck, beautiful girl!

Rachel · Married on 09/23/2017

I was so happy with how my makeup turned out on my wedding day. I had a wonderful experience with Canaan and would recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist for their special day!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Kayla · Married on 09/03/2017

Canaan and her team were amazing! I had previously booked another MUA who ended up bailing on me weeks before my wedding, luckily Canaan was available and was able to get me (and my large bridal party) booked for the big day! We looked flawless and I couldn't thank her enough! Definitely would recommend :)

Sent on 10/08/2017

Colby · Married on 09/02/2017

Canaan was so fun and easy to work with! She did a fantastic job on my hair and makeup, listened to what I wanted, and was so patient when I changed my mind. Both my hair and makeup lasted all night, without touch ups!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Niki · Married on 07/01/2017

Canaan was so great to work with! She did a great job on all of our hair and makeup, it looked amazing and lasted the entire day outside in July! Cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Casey · Married on 05/27/2017

Canaan is amazing. She is everything you would want in a wedding makeup and hair artist! She styled all of my bridesmaid's hair (all 7 of them), and did the makeup for me and my maid of honor. We have never looked or felt more beautiful. Canaan is professional, friendly, and most importantly, incredibly talented. Further, her rockstar personality fit in with me and my bridesmaids like she was one of my old, longtime best friends - that made me feel so at ease and comfortable during both my one-on-one trial and the morning of my wedding! I have had many bad experiences with makeup artists where they don't listen to what I want or what I envision - you will NOT have this issue with Canaan. She listened to me, to my concerns, and to my desires, and created my wedding-day image that was better than I could have ever hoped for. I swear to you, she will not disappoint. She was absolutely one of the best decisions I made during my entire wedding process, and I cannot say enough positive things about her.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Canaan James Professional Makeup Artistry's reply:

Getting to spend the day with you and your bridal party was one of the highlights of my wedding season so far! Thank you for the wonderful reveiw and for letting me be a part of your special day! It was a blast!!