13 Reviews for Campbell's Jazz Soup

13 Campbell's Jazz Soup Reviews

Brian and his band did a fabulous job for our wedding. They played for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We gave them song selections for the ceremony and first dance, and a few other suggested dance songs we liked, and let them plan the rest. The music was very danceable and we had guests of all ages dancing until the last song. We received many complements from the guests on the band. The volume and the overall feel of the band were just right for the event and the space--energizing enough to get people dancing but not too loud so as to be overpowering. They were pretty low maintenance--after the initial phone call and email exchanges they showed up on time, set up and performed without needing any attention or feedback from us. Overall a great group and we would definitely recommend.

Profile Picture User3702646, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Campbell's Jazz Soup played during our wedding reception, and they were absolutely fantastic! We can't recommend them highly enough. It was wonderful to have such great live music throughout the night - just what we wanted for what was a very special occasion. They started with a three-piece ensemble for the dinner hour (fabulous music but people could easily converse, too) and then became a quintet for the dancing afterward. My father, a long-time jazz lover, was just returned from his annual trip to the Monterey Jazz Festival and thought that Campbell's Jazz Soup was just as good and better than any of the groups he heard there. He was thrilled and stayed, dancing, listening, enjoying, until the last note was played. They were just what we hoped for in all respects and were very reasonably priced, especially given the quality of the music. Bandleader Brian Campbell was a pleasure to work with and accommodated all our requests and schedule adjustments. Absolutely recommended.

Profile Picture Cheyenne, 10/5/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Band

I hired Campbell's Jazz Soup for my wedding and they were fantastic! When my husband and I were planning our wedding we just knew we wanted a Swing/Rat pack/jazz band for our wedding, and we are so glad we went with Campbell's Jazz Soup! They were professional and provided wonderful music for my wedding. All of my guests loved it, especially my parents and grandparents. They even played my husbands late grandfather's favorite tunes, which his grandmother loved!
I would absolutely recommend Campbell's Jazz Soup to anyone wanting a band for their wedding or any other event!

Profile Picture Kira, 9/29/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

The Campbell's Soup band was the best part of my wedding, aside from getting married to the man of my dreams! We picked them from a huge list of different jazz vendors. We had never heard of them and really liked their sound. JACKPOT!!! I found Brian to be the easiest, most professional, and responsive vendor out of all the vendors that I worked with, and as a do-it-yourself bride, this was a huge deal for me! Other vendors were either really hard to reach or non-responsive to emails until day(s) before the wedding. Brian was so incredibly accommodating! The entire band drove up to Healsburg for my wedding. They dressed professionally and even wore panama hats to add to my theme! They starting as a trio for the ceremony, moved up to the patio for the cocktail hour, two more musicians joined them as planned during dinner, and lastly, the entire band moved indoors to close out the night. It was so seamless, I didn't even notice or hear them moving around! I also received dozens of comments from my musician friends and others about how great the band was throughout the night and in the days following. I HIGHLY recommend them for any event. They truly made my wedding day a beautiful and memorable one!

Profile Picture User3569046, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We decided to go the live music route after our DJ fell through and I'm glad we did. I feel our evening was so much more special with a real band. I believe our guests did too as we received many compliments on the band's performance. Brian was very professional and easy to work with. After an initial phone conversation about the venue and number of band members we'd need, he sent over a song list, we picked some of our favorites and a few special requests that he graciously learned. The price was very reasonable, the band arrived in plenty of time to set up and the performance great. All in all very excellent.

Profile Picture User3376682, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Brian Campbell and his band played a invaluable part in our wedding last November. The tone that Brian and his band members made at our wedding was absolutely priceless and fit perfectly into our wedding theme. Brian is a very professional, detail oriented, and extremely talented musician that has every little detail well planned and thought out. On the day of, we had absolute confidence in him and his bandmates to entertain our guests. I highly recommend Campbell's Jazz Soup to anyone looking to "class up" their event.

Profile Picture Brian, 11/11/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

Brian and the band really took the time to learn the songs that we wanted to dance to and they pulled off a few very clever transitions during our first dance that set a joyous mood for the rest of the evening. Everyone had a great time and I would definitely use them again. I highly recommend them to anyone considering a jazz band for their wedding. They brought the perfect touch of fun and professionalism to the whole experience. Thanks Brian and band for being a part of an unforgettable evening.

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/27/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

My husband and I always planned not to have a DJ but we were also not sure if we could find a band with style that would appeal to a wide age group. We found Campbell's Jazz Soup and listened to some of their recordings online. We both knew this was the band for us! Brian was great and prompt to respond. He provided a list of the songs they play and we were able to pick many and Brian helped us narrow down more to add. Brian was also very helpful in selecting songs for mother son and father daughter dances. Our family and friends still rave about them saying it was the best wedding band they had ever seen and my dad who is a musician himself was in awe. I could go on and on but I will end with this. They were very flexible (drove to Aptos for us), reasonably priced and they dress classy ! I would recommend them to anyone looking to add a spark to their reception!

Profile Picture Brynne, 8/25/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

Brian was so easy to work with and his band was great! They added just the touch of fun and class I was hoping for. They played at the end of our ceremony and at our reception. The ceremony and reception were my favorite part of my wedding day, quite largely due to the infusion of Campbell's Jazz Soup music! I originally wanted Brian and his band to march us down from the chapel to the reception hall. Brian was onboard with this idea and I had fun sharing my vision with him. In the end it was raining on our wedding day so this didn't happen, but Brian was flexible and rolled with our alternate plan. Brian was one of the most professional vendors I worked with. His band really was a highlight of the day!

Profile Picture Anne, 3/24/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

Campbell's Jazz Soup Band was the highlight of our company party last month. Brian and his crew are delightful, sweet, humble, unassuming guys who also happen to be incredible musicians. They're easy as can be to work with and so accommodating. They sent me a list of songs to choose from (a gigantic list, no less), which allowed me to pick the right music for our theme. They were on time, professional, and just terrific. I would hire them for my wedding, if I weren't already married. :) I can't say enough nice things about them. I could dance to them all night.

Profile Picture Amy, 9/24/11, 1 Review
Category: Band

Brian Campbell and his group are amazing! They played for our wedding reception several years ago and this review is long overdue. We were very picky about the musicians for our reception and were hooked after hearing them during a practice session. They played swing/1920’s/1930’s jazz but can play a range of jazz pieces. Throughout the process, they were accommodating, professional, and easy to work with. Most importantly, the energy they bring while playing livened the space and set the tone for a fun party. Having live music was well worth the money - much better than piped in sound. Many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the music and how fantastic the band was. Highly recommended for any event.

Profile Picture Kim, 10/10/10, 1 Review
Category: Band

Campbell's Jazz Soup performed at our wedding a few years ago. We could not have been more delighted with their professionalism and performance. Not only were they a hit with our guests, they made our wedding experience magical and unforgettable.

Profile Picture Wendy, 10/9/10, 1 Review
Category: Band

We were very happy with Brian and his band. They were very professional and played really well, showed up early and were enthusiastic. They were happy to work to play music we request, but we left most of the song choices up to them and weren't disappointed. We got lots of comments from our guest about how terrific the band was. We would enthusiastically recommend Campbell's Jazz Soup!!

Profile Picture User3367692, 2+ years ago, 1 Review