Camp Kiwanee Reviews

Camp Kiwanee 5
  • Tracie

Tracie · Married on 08/31/2019

Rustic charm

The administrative assistant Lan has been super responsive and helpful with all of our questions (and we've had a lot!). She gave us a tour and explained the wedding package to us. The venue is beautiful and exactly our style. We're renting the cabins as well and can't wait to have all of our friends and family campout with is!

Sent on 01/22/2019
  • priscilla

priscilla · Married on 06/01/2019

Highly recommend

Camp Kiwanee went above and beyond to make sure my wedding day was extremely special. My husband and I had planned on a rustic wedding with an option to camp and Kiwanee offered both of those options. We also were able to have our favorite caterer, Tennesse's bbq and loved the choice of picking our food vendor. The grounds are beautiful, Needles lodge provides the perfect indoor and outdoor ceremony experience. I worked with Lan and she was amazing the whole time, organized and professional but also cared about my experience and answered my many, sometimes frantic emails. Staying overnight was wonderful for all our friends. The cabins were clean and our bridal cabin was gorgeous and provided other sleeping options as well. We are so grateful for our experience and the memories we will keep.

Camp Kiwanee 6
    Camp Kiwanee 7
    Sent on 06/24/2019

Ally · Married on 08/31/2018

I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS!! The staff was incredible. The whole time they were extremely responsive to emails and set everything up exactly as discussed. The venue itself is incredible. We had perfect weather, but even if we didn’t- the hall had AC Incase it was too hot and the wrap around porch would still be amazing in the rain. It was my dream location and everything worked out so wonderful.

Camp Kiwanee 8
    Sent on 09/04/2018

Bekah · Married on 04/28/2018

We absolutely loved our experience with Camp Kiwanee! We initially started planning under different management but the transition was very smooth and they even allowed us to change the date with minimal notice. The space was gorgeous and we are still getting compliments with how beautiful everything was. 100% recommend camp Kiwanee!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Camp Kiwanee's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us Bekah! Best wishes from all of us at Camp Kiwanee!

Amber · Married on 08/26/2017

Camp kiwanee was the perfect backdrop for our wedding! We loved having the cabins to spend the night in, and the porch was the perfect place for such an intimate ceremony. Lan was SO responsive to our every need. We seriously couldn't have chosen a better venue.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Samantha · Married on 06/24/2017

Camp Kiwanee was the perfect wedding venue! I got married on Saturday 6/24/17. We rented out the lodge with the south end camping. We received so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was! I loved that we could bring in any caterer we wanted too! The venue coordinator, Lan, was amazing! I was so happy when she came along. She was extremely helpful with every little question I had and always quick to respond. I couldn't have had my wedding day go anymore perfect. I would definitely suggest Camp Kiwanee.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Camp Kiwanee's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us Samantha! Congratulations from all of us at Camp Kiwanee!

Kimberly · Married on 06/04/2017

We are getting married June 2017 and so far everything has gone great! Nicole has been awesome at answering any questions we have. Update to come after our wedding.

Sent on 04/23/2016

Amanda · Married on 05/27/2017

Camp Kiwanee was the perfect location for our 160 guest wedding. We visited over 10 venues together but Camp Kiwanee was perfect for its outdoorsy atmosphere, price, and location. We also loved that the venue alloted for a DIY feel. Our guests took some amazing photographs on the decks with the sunset over the pond in the backround. It is secluded and there is only one wedding at a time. We loved that out guests could spend the night in the cabins and my husband and I stayed in the cottage and loved it! Our other guests were close by at a local hotel. The bartending service they provide is excellent and I loved having our DJ up on the stage!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Camp Kiwanee's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us Amanda, and thank you for choosing Camp Kiwanee! Best wishes on a wonderful marriage!

Maggie · Married on 07/15/2016

Camp Kiwanee was a beautiful place to get married! The backdrop was perfect and everyone complimented us on how beautiful everything looked. Nicole was very responsive and easy to work with and the crew at Camp Kiwanee were very helpful. The vendors they suggested were great! I can't imagine my wedding happening anywhere else :)

Sent on 08/02/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/05/2015

I couldn't imagine having my wedding anywhere else! This place is amazing, from the gorgeous background for the ceremony to the rustic feel of the lodge - everything was perfect. The staff is so helpful - specifically Nicole and Jim, who are both very accommodating and really great to work with! We also stayed overnight in the cabins, and the guests absolutely loved the idea! Heard from multiple people that it was the best wedding they had ever been to - and I have Camp Kiwanee to thank for that!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Melissa · Married on 08/15/2015

Camp Kiwanee is a wonderful place to get married. We loved this relaxed rustic venue. We decided to have our ceremony and reception here. All the staff were so accommodating, easy going, and fun (especially Jim and Ally). We also reserved the south side cabins for the night, which our guest really enjoyed. The prices were very reasonable compared to other venues we looked at. If you're looking for a woodsy, rustic feel we highly recommend Camp Kiwanee! Our wedding was the best day/night!

Sent on 10/25/2015

We knew Camp Kiwanee was the perfect venue for our wedding as soon as we saw it. It was the perfect blend of rustic, beauty, and charm. The main lodge is exquisite, and anything but rustic! It overlooks the lake, providing an amazing backdrop for getting married on the porch. We had about 115 people seated inside for our reception dinner and dancing, and easily could have fit more. The caterer we used, Famolare's, did an amazing job with cocktail hour then delicious food. The bartending service (you have to go with them as part of the Camp Kiwanee contract if you want booze) was friendly, flexible, and professional. Nicole was so helpful with office and logistic questions, and Jim the caretaker was super helpful with more specific questions about the buildings and grounds, and he was so great the day of. We rented out the pavilion and cabins; most of our friends opted to stay in the cabins, and we had an amazing afterparty in the pavilion, followed by a bagel brunch the next morning. We provided school bus transportation back to a hotel for our guests who wanted a hotel option. It was an amazing day that fulfilled all out wedding dreams. It wouldn't have happened without Camp Kiwanee or the amazing staff there!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Christine · Married on 05/30/2015

We LOVED having our wedding at Camp Kiwanee! The location is both rustic and gorgeous, we were able to have many of our family and friends stay over in the campgrounds for a rockin afterparty, and we loved how flexible the staff was. The only vendor they require you to use is their own alcohol supplier, so we were able to bring in all our own vendors. Many people have really low-key weddings at the camp, but we had a slightly more swanky affair with a live funk band on their built-in stage and stations of small plate cuisine. It perfectly matched our vision of a funky fairy-tale ball! Highly recommended!!!!!

One thing to note - they say the venue can accommodate 200, but the main room felt pretty full with about 130 people and it was standing-room-only in the library when we had our ceremony on the porch. If you actually have 200 people, it would probably feel very crowded.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Camp Kiwanee was a beautiful venue. We couldn't have asked for friendlier people to work with. Nicole was available via email as often as we needed to assist in our planning and answer any questions we had. Jim also was extremely helpful at the rehearsal and the day of the wedding. They both were great and the venue itself speaks for itself. It was just beautiful. Thank you Camp Kiwanee (Nicole and Jim) for making our day perfect! E Shaw

Sent on 09/15/2014

Jennifer · Married on 08/23/2014

We hosted our wedding ceremony and reception at the Pavilion in the South End camping area. We had a tent provided by A-Bee tents of Hanson for our over flow of guests, and Jason was great discussing where he felt would be the perfect place. Everyone we spoke with as the months flew by were overly accommodating. They made our set up so much easier by allowing us to store many of our things in the barn the night before. Our guests loved the laid back feeling of the wedding and that you weren't forced to be in any one spot. Whether it was boogieing on the dance floor, or having a group kazoo session by the bon-fire, it was perfect!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/05/2014

We had an amazing time at our wedding at Camp Kiwanee this weekend. If you want a fun, rustic, do-it-yourself wedding, it doesn't get any better than this. We had our ceremony on the large covered porch of the main lodge overlooking the lake. Everyone was telling us all night how much they loved the location. After the reception, the staff helped us build a bonfire and we hung out for hours. Many of our guests stayed overnight in the cabins, joined us for breakfast the next morning, relaxed on the beach and swam in the lake. I wholeheartedly recommend Camp Kiwanee!!

Sent on 07/09/2014

My husband and I were looking for a place to have our June wedding and were on a tight budget. We are crafty people and do a lot with a good base. Camp Kiwanee was just what we were looking for. We went on a Sunday to just see the lodge from the outside, as soon as we were standing on the platform looking out at the water, we knew it was the place for us.

Their flexibility on caterers was extremely helpful and their bartender service was reasonable. They always worked with us if we needed to come by and check something, or looking for a measurement.

I couldn't imagine our special day being anywhere else. The atmosphere was something our guests are still raving about.

Sent on 07/27/2012

Heather · Married on 05/05/2012

My [now] husband and I fell in love with Camp Kiwanee's Needles Lodge as first sight. The camp and lodge were a perfect combination of rustic woods and historic charm for our wedding day. The natural beauty that surrounds the camp instantly gave a sense of ease and we knew that this venue was exactly what we had been looking for. One of our favorite aspects of the venue is the wrap around porch that leads to a double deck overlooking Maquan Pond and tucked under towering pine trees. With that view, we were sure that we would end up with some lovely photos.

We had approximately 140 guest, which Camp Kiwanee was able to accommodate comfortably. There was more than enough space for the DJ, guest tables, sweetheart table, buffet tables, dessert tables, and dance floor.

We also had close to 50 of our guests stay overnight in the cabins following the reception. The cabins and bath house on the campground are kept clean and most cabins sleep up to 6 people.We also rented the camp pavilion for an after party spot, which was perfectly complete with a fireplace and picnic tables (and yes, electricity) set up inside. Our friends and family were able to stay and party with us in the pavilion as late as they wanted and when they had had enough they just walked over to their designated cabin for a cot to crash in! It was perfect!

The staff at Kiwanee is amazing.Jim is the man! They have a list of recommended caterers, but were flexible enough to let us bring in whichever vendors we chose. They answer questions quickly and really work with you to make sure your wedding is perfect. We had so many special accommodations and they were always very supportive and helpful with everything we asked them. Part of the fun of having a wedding at Kiwanee is you can decorate the ceremony and reception site exactly how you want it, and they give you plenty of time to do that.

Our wedding turned out to be everything we had hoped for and more thanks to Camp Kiwanee!

Sent on 09/10/2012

Erika · Married on 08/07/2010

There are no words to express how grateful I am to have found Camp Kiwanee!!! Jim Flanagan (A god among men and caretakers) and his staff truly made our wedding a painless, reasonably stress free experience. Everything was where it should be, when it should be and how it should be.

Camp Kiwanee is beautiful. Truly beautiful. Jim and his staff began prepping for our wedding (a 5pm occasion) at 8:30 in the morning. Needles Lodge was spotless, the air conditioning (newly installed this year) was cold and the tables were dressed and ready for a party. Jim and his crew ensured that all of the many vendors knew where to set up and ensured that each vendor have all of the neccesary supplies.

Camp Kiwanee's Needles Lodge has a spotless commercial kitchen with TONS of space for food prep.

Camp Kiwanee is a truly lovely place to have an effortless, wonderful, affordable wedding. I truly can't say enough good things about it!

Sent on 08/17/2010

Camp Kiwanee Needles Lodge was the perfect place for us to get married. It provided the rustic, natural atmosphere we wanted with amenities that a back-yard or park could not. We had the ceremony and cocktail hour on the beautiful, large porch and the reception (130 guests) in the main hall. We brought in table decorations and a few odds and ends, but the gorgeous space and natural beauty did so much to build ambiance on its own. While we had the perfect weather for a May wedding, I felt so assured leading up to the wedding that if it poured or was cold, we wouldn't skip a beat. Even though the venue rental is space-only, they did provide some day-of support to keep things running smoothly. Nicole was very responsive and helpful leading up to the day, answering any questions we had and making the space available to view when we needed an extra visit. I highly recommend Camp Kiwanee to any Boston-area bride who is looking to get away from the city and wow their guests with a charming, beautiful venue!

Sent on 05/30/2016
  • Hilary

Hilary Anne Schneider · Married on 07/06/2019

Wonderful place to get married and celebrate!

I just got married at Camp Kiwanee a little over two weeks ago and am still floating! It was the perfect venue for us- from the getting ready area, to the ceremony view to the reception space, and finally to the campgrounds/ bridal cottage. We loved the feeling of being detached and in the woods- even though the main road wasn't far off! My step-mom handled all the planning and communications- but I heard nothing but good things about Lan :)

My only complaint was the temperature in the venue during the reception. As I made my rounds to the tables, I was sweating just standing there. Yes, it was a very hot day in July- but I didn't feel that it should have been THAT hot inside (and I live in Texas!). A friend noted the thermostat said 78, and another table had no air over them so they were forced to open windows by their table.

Aside from that- the rustic charm of this location was simply outstanding. My husband and I are both outdoorsy and we had a blast continuing our celebration on the campgrounds with friends. The bridal cottage was ADORABLE and I wish I could have stayed longer! Thank you so much to Camp Kiwanee for providing the venue to begin our marriage!

Camp Kiwanee 9
    Camp Kiwanee 14
    Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/24/2015

AMAZING VENUE! I am so thrilled to be a month and a half away from my wedding at this beautiful location. Nicole has been amazing and so helpful with all my questions and concerns. We even got to book the cabins for overnight camping for our friends. If you're looking for a rustic location but with top notch quality I would 100% recommend Camp Kiwanee.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/26/2015

I got married at Camp Kiwanee in September 2015. I can't say enough about this amazing venue. It is such a beautiful spot to get married and celebrate with your friends and family. If you are looking for a unique wedding experience for your guests then definitely have them stay over at the camp. It was an absolute blast having a campfire for our after party. The crew at Camp Kiwanee helped things run so smoothly the night of our wedding and even started our campfire for us so when the wedding was over it was ready. The lodge is so well kept up and gorgeous with the hardwood floors.

Sent on 05/16/2017

Camp Kiwanee's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us Ashley! And thank you for choosing Camp Kiwanee for your wedding! All our best wishes for a long happy marriage! - Marybeth, Director of Recreation, Camp Kiwanee

Kristen · Married on 08/29/2015

Camp Kiwanee is a beautiful place to have your wedding. I could not be more happy with the venue and how my wedding turned out. At this venue you are able to make your wedding into whatever you want, basically a DIY kind of way. You basically are paying just for the venue itself. The rest is up to you, which I thought was going to be the worst....but it really wasn't!!. They were very helpful with who to hire for caterers and which services were familiar with the venue. We used a caterer that was also a wedding planner which made the day of the wedding a piece of cake (Smoke and Pickles). All I had to do was show up! They provide a bartending service at Camp Kiwanee and they were wonderful and accommodating as well. You also have the choice to rent the campground for 24 hours. It is a camp ground and has cabins available to rent for a fee the night of your wedding. We did this and it was the best idea ever, made the night even more special and fun just to be able to spend more time with your guests (You pay so much for a wedding, why not spend 24 hours celebrating!). My wedding pictures came out amazing, with the lake, porch, barns and cabins I got the rustic pictures I have always dreamed of. I got so many complements about how fun and relaxed my wedding was, and that is was the best wedding some people have ever been to. I highly recommend this venue!!!!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Valarie · Married on 07/24/2015

We had the best time ever all of our guests could not stop talking about just how beautiful the venue was

Sent on 10/20/2015