Camelot Photography Reviews

56 | Minneapolis, MN

56 Reviews for Camelot Photography

robyn · Married on 06/10/2018

Matt is highly experienced and has been in the photography business 20 plus years. He is easy to work with and does a great job of walking you through his whole process. He never tries to hard sell you when you initially meet with him. Matt is very detailed oriented and goes over exactly what you want prior to wedding day. Make sure to tell him any requests you think of the day of the wedding or leading up to it and he will accommodate you.

Our wedding day just passed so I haven't seen the images yet, but I'm confident they will be great. He makes everyone feel comfortable from kids to adults. Also, his pricing is great. You can't go wrong with Matt!!!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Chris · Married on 03/03/2018

Honestly could not have possibly asked for more. Matt provided exceptional pictures that exceeded our expectations. Finding a photographer was one of the most difficult tasks and the minute we sat down with Matt we knew the search was over. He is passionate about his work, is very professional and was very responsive throughout the process. I have already recommended him to others and they have been equally as impressed....overall he was the best wedding vendor we worked with and was worth every penny.

Sent on 05/03/2018

Derek · Married on 11/04/2017

Matt was incredible to work with! We met him for the first time the day of our shoot and he made us feel completely comfortable. He has a great eye for what makes the best shots and willing to work with what you want too. I highly recommend using Matt/Camelot!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Briana · Married on 09/09/2017

Camelot Photography and Matt are simply THE BEST. He photographed our wedding in June (and our engagement photos in February) and it was all seamless, stressless and wonderful - everything the bride and groom want it to be on their special day!

Not only did his fun personality put our wedding party, families and us at ease throughout the day, but the pictures were so amazing that I can't begin to praise them enough.

Matt had his own ideas and they were creative, artistic and beautiful (as you can see in his gallery) but he was also very open to my thoughts about certain places and pictures I had in my vision and he made it all come true! Plus, the candids were fun, energetic and some of my favorite moments from the day.

My husband and I (and actually anyone you ask who was photographed at our wedding) would recommend Matt in a heartbeat to couples looking for a talented photographer to be a part of and capture your special day!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Brittany · Married on 08/05/2017

We hired Matt Garceau for our engagement and wedding pictures and he exceeded all our highest expectations! He was sooo fun to work with and he knew right what to do and how to position us in that moment. He makes everyone smile their brightest by his photographing technique. Our pictures turned out amazing!!! I would highly recommend him to anyone who wants to have a worry-free amazing picture experience! Plus, his editing was spot on! We can't thank him, and Camelot Photography enough!!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Natalie · Married on 04/29/2017

Matt from Camelot was so amazing to work with! Not only did he take the most beautiful photos, our friends and family loved him. He helped us have the best experience ever! He is so fun to work with, and is a must have addition to your special day!! Thanks Matt!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Kirk · Married on 04/29/2017

Matt was excellent! He’s unlike any other photographer. Very unique and personable. My bride and I highly recommend Matt!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Sonia · Married on 11/19/2016

Matt did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding photos! I am so pleased with the variety; He captured the joy, fun and pure beauty of the day. There were amazing, more artistic photos of me and my husband, as well as exciting candid pictures of everyone else enjoying the day. There were both emotional and touching moments as well as silly, ridiculous moments that were captured for us to remember.

Matt was fun and flexible to work with. We had a dog in our engagement photos and young children in our wedding. His enthusiasm and positive energy rubbed off on everyone!

These pictures are everything we hoped they would be and I would strongly recommend Matt at Camelot for anyone's wedding.

Sent on 01/26/2017

Amber · Married on 09/04/2016

There is no end to all the positive things I can say about Camelot Photography. But I'll give you some of the highlights since you bride to be's want to find the right photographer and believe when I say you don't not have to look any further.
    •Matt with Camelot Photography was outstanding right from the first email correspondence we had. He was so crazy quick to get back to me and answer all my questions. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
    • Meeting Matt face to face....OK I was totally sold already before then but ya...freaking awesome! So easy to talk to,flexible,understanding our particular needs as customers,friendly,professional,and STUNNING work to boot. That deal was officially sealed real darn quick.
    •Wedding day. Only budgeted for 4 hours of photography. Honestly didn't need to go beyond that amount of time for our needs since Matt is so fabulous at what he does. He's like a ninja photographer I swear. Swooping in and getting like a bazillion shots almost completely understand undetected. My wedding party,family,and friends loved him. Holy cow that whole goofy ass hip swinging thing he does to capture real smiles..HILARIOUS! Oh and he's super remarkable with the kiddos too.
    •Actual photos. Haven't gotten those yet since my wedding was just really recent.Matt loves what he does and puts his heart and soul into his work so you have to be willing to stick out the wait so he can complete his magic.
    I hope this was helpful to all of you that are embarking on your quest to make your day perfect. I promise you that if you go with Camelot you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Amber · Married on 05/21/2016

Camelot photography was the best! Super professional and organized. Matt was very helpful and had lots of great ideas, which was super important for us because we didn't know exactly what we wanted. All the photos he took were amazing and looked very candid. I loved having the option to email a link to our photos to family and friends.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Shannon · Married on 08/22/2015

I was one of those brides that did an annoying amount of research before booking any vendor. When I stumbled onto Camelot's website, I was BLOWN AWAY by how beautiful and unique the wedding photos were. I booked with Matt and I CANNOT PUT INTO WORDS how happy I was working with him. Honestly, the pictures I had always dreamed of having from my wedding day, I now have :) From the initial emails to hanging out with him on our wedding day....everything was perfect. So stress free and fun. His work ethic and patience are unbeatable. He works alone and still manages to capture EVERYTHING! My sisters getting married in April and she booked him too. Matt is easily one of the most talented photographers in the Twin Cities and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/17/2015

We enjoyed working with Matt from Camelot from the time we first contacted him all the way through 'post-production' of the pictures. We looked at many photographers for our wedding. We ended up going with Camelot because he took great pictures for my friend's wedding, and we could not pass up the price. He has many years of experience. He answered phone calls and emails very quickly. Ultimately, his photographs are absolutely beautiful. He was fun to work with on the wedding day. He took thousands of pictures, but was unobtrusive. We got many compliments from our guests on Matt's professionalism. He truly knows what his is doing--he knows about lighting, positioning of people for photos, and how to get guest's attention. He did this all in a fun, non-bossy way. We highly recommend Camelot!

Sent on 11/14/2015

sophie · Married on 05/30/2015

I can't say enough how pleased I was with the pictures we got from Camelot. We went with Matt as our photographer and our pictures turned out AMAZING. People tell us that they look like they came from a magazine. We were on a very tight schedule for pictures on the day of our wedding and I was super concerned that we wouldn't get all of the pictures that we really wanted. Matt got every picture and a 1,000 more. They were all perfect. We got upwards of 1,200 pictures from the day. It's been difficult narrowing down the pictures we want to add to our wedding book because they are all

Sent on 08/07/2015

Rachel · Married on 03/06/2015

Matt was absolutely wonderful to work with! We had a very small & short winter wedding, so we didn't really fall under the category of any of the packages that they had, but he was willing to create a package for us and work with our budget. After talking to him for the first time, we were confident that he knew what he was doing, and boy did he exceed our expectations! He knew just how to make everyone smile, and not just smile, we were all rolling with laughter, which made for amazing, natural photos. Matt has an amazing personality and he made everyone comfortable. Best of all, he captured every single laugh and smile at our wedding. He somehow managed to be everywhere at once, this guy is a ninja! The photographs are AMAZING! we keep getting comments from friends and family about how wonderful they are and what a great job our photographer did. We highly recommend hiring Matt for your special day, you will not regret it!

Sent on 04/28/2015

We absolutely loved Melina for our photographer for our wedding. She was responsive throughout the entire process which is super huge in building trust for us since we do not live locally. Additionally, she is professional to work with and very laid back. She actually helped alleviate stress on the day. We just got our pics back and we can't stop looking at them. We almost want to get married again just to get more amazing pics. We'd definitely recommend her to our friends and family and we definitely will consider having more photography from them in the future.

Sent on 09/14/2014

We absolutely loved our experience with Camelot Photography. Photographer Lisa V. was amazing! Her warm personality and attention to detail provided a comforting and individual perspective to our Wedding Day. Numerous guests commented on her approach to capturing not only our experience of the occasion, but theirs as well. Lisa's Photojournalism style of photography was unique in "telling the story" of our day. The images are phenomenal and will provide us with a lifetime of physical memories. We will always cherish the moment our lives merged together and two families became one and we greatly appreciate how Lisa captured the essence of who we are. My husband and I highly recommend Camelot for any of your photography needs!

Brea L.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Ali and Connor · Married on 05/31/2014

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding day was hiring Matt as our photographer. He did our engagement and wedding photos. We absolutely loved working with him and our guests thought he did a great job! He is fun and down to earth and he makes you feel comfortable. His pictures are amazing filled with vibrant color and candid moments that are one of a kind! I would hands down recommend him to anyone who needs a photographer!!!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Scott · Married on 05/18/2014

I can't say enough good things about Camelot Photography.

My wife and I hired Matt to photograph our wedding day after extensive research and price comparison. I, like probably everyone else reading this review, was worried about hiring the right photographer to capture our wedding. You only get one shot at it and you want to make sure you got the right person.

We spoke with Matt over the phone at first (We are from out of town) and he was very professional and polite and never pushed us to make a decision. He presented us options and let us decide if we wanted to use his services.

After meeting with him in person we liked his photographic choices and hired him. It was the best choice we could have made!

He arrived very early (Before his paid time) on the day of our wedding (Which is impressive because we had a morning wedding) to scout out the location and choose spots based on the weather patterns, lighting, foliage and many more factors I would have never thought of considering. As he explained, everything changes from day to day and knowing the conditions on your wedding day can affect the pictures dramatically.

He did an excellent job of blending in with the background and getting the pictures we wanted. I remember my wife commenting that she did not see him at certain points during our wedding, but once we saw the photos we were very impressed that he was able to get the photos he did without being conspicuous.

Matt's pictures we full of color and energy and he was excellent at capturing an important moment in our lives. We highly recommend Matt for anyone looking for a quality photographer.

Sent on 12/11/2014

Andy · Married on 10/26/2013

Matt~

I just wanted to let you know how ABOSUTELY AMAZING you were for my big day. I cannot wait to see all the pictures from the day. My guys and the wedding party were blown away by you and just loved your work! The parents were also VERY VERY HAPPY!!! Hours of picture taking can slowly drive a group like that crazy but they all said they wanted to keep taking pictures because of YOU! I cannot put a price on what you did for me that day. I will never forget it. I am so thankful for you and your amazing talent to help FREEZE TIME on the greatest day of my life. Because like everyone said, it would go extremely fast. And that it did, probably 100 times faster than everyone said it would.

Again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for everything you did.

I will never forget it.

Andy Ebli

Sent on 10/31/2013
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/04/2013

Matt was wonderful to work with. He helped make us feel at ease. Everything with photos went so smoothly. Group shots went smoothly with his energy and organization. Later, I hardly knew he was there. I cannot wait to see pictures. I would highly recommend Camelot to anyone.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Josh · Married on 09/28/2013

When we met with Matt for the first time, we shared (in jest) that we wanted to look back at the photos and remember the event as better than it actually was. It has been just over a year since we were married and I think the photographs that Matt captured actually fulfilled our wish!

We have framed several, they are hanging all around our house. Every day we wake up and go to sleep remembering that day and we could not be happier.

Matt was professional, fun, flexible and dedicated. He made our wedding day easy, made sure everyone had fun and still captured wonderful pictures despite the rain. Plus, the man does the best big veil and deep dip shots in the business.

It is so rare to get all of your loved ones and friends in one place; to capture not only the people, but the essence of the people is gold.

We hold Matt and Camelot in the highest regard. They are true artists and will not disappoint.

Josh and Rachel

Sent on 02/25/2015

Laura · Married on 09/14/2013

We can't say enough good things about working with Matt from Camelot Photography! We're both artists and therefore had high expectations for our wedding photos. The images we received were of such high quality and will absolutely withstand the test of time - they're well lit, well framed, included a great balance of posed and candid shots, and overall did an amazing job of capturing the mood of our wedding. Plus, we were given the rights to all of our photos so we are able to do whatever we want with them - there was no pressure to order prints or other items that we didn't need. Matt went above and beyond on the day of the wedding itself. He was so easy to work with and willing to accommodate all of our requests. We walked around outside in 80 degree weather with two dogs and he helped us select beautiful locations and stick to our schedule. Inside the venue, we dealt with a herd of confused relatives and friends and Matt did a great job keeping us all on task and getting all of the group shots that we had requested. Everyone at our wedding commented on what a great photographer we had. We also got married on a Tuesday so Matt gave us an awesome discount and traveled from Minneapolis, MN to Madison, WI. We just can't say enough about his professionalism, quality of the photos, his great personality, and an amazing price point on top of everything else. He did such an incredible job and I would definitely recommend him to anyone I know! Stop searching and go with Camelot Photography now - you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Caitlin · Married on 09/08/2013

We had an absolutely awesome experience with Camelot Photography. Matt was the photographer that did our engagement photos and our wedding and he was absolutely fantastic. Not only did the photos turn out great but Matt was a blast. He was very professional but also super fun. He made it easy to relax and just have a good time in front of the camera, and that definitely shows through in our photos. I would definitely recommend Camelot Photography to friends, family and everyone else!

Sent on 10/16/2013

We were very pleased with our selection of Matt Garceau as our photographer from Camelot Photography. Matt created a relaxed environment, was on-time, very flexible, knowledgeable, provided good feedback on backgrounds, and produced a quality product. I would recommend him to others.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Matt was awesome. He kept everyone organized and quickly moved through the photos. We are so excited to see them, but know they will turn out perfectly.

Sent on 11/08/2012