26 Reviews for Calvary Church

Uncovered Outdoor (2)
Clean Up (2)
Parking (1)
26 Calvary Church Reviews

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding venue! I was so happy Cori was willing to work with us given a short notice, and the day of my wedding could not have gone any smoother. Cori was with me every step of the way and promptly and professionally answered any questions/concerns I had, and made me feel more than comfortable despite being overseas for half the planning process (amongst several other obstacles). Additionally, I really enjoyed the flexibility this venue allowed - not like the majority of other wedding venues these days who seem to nickel and dime you for every penny you're worth. I would highly reccommend considering Calvary if you are looking for a beautiful, stress free, an accommodating place to say "I do!"

Profile Picture Maggie, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was amazing. Everything was perfect. Our guests had a wonderful time.

Profile Picture Judy, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

TAKE IT!!! Professional and ever so caring to detail and your desire to make it your very own. You dream about your day either from youth or when you find the ONE. They made our dream come true. Atmosphere awesome, I felt like I was tucked away in Rome in a small yet awesome way. Spiritual check!, Clean check!, Beautiful check!, staff super helpful especially Cori and Pastor Tim. Go, GO, GO.... Make your dream come true. Ours was Feb. 1, 2017

Profile Picture Dawn, 2/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The flexibility and the fact that they don't charge you by the hour is enough in it's self to make the rental of this venue an enormous value. Plus the fact that there is a beautiful reception hall in the same building with an attached kitchen is just another added benefit! We loved working with Cori and the staff - so helpful, flexible, and nice!

Profile Picture Kam, 10/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What a beautiful venue and location!! And what a gift to find Cori Mustin at Elegant Weddings to help us pull our whole wedding together! Our wedding was so special and went off without a hitch due to Cori's amazing coordination in the Historic Church at Calvary Episcopal Church. We couldn't have been happier with Cori's expertise and knowledge of wedding coordination. We also can't say enough about our Officiant, Pastor Tim Phenna. Excellent! So, so happy!

Profile Picture Teresa, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Cori is professional and responsive. The reception hall was transformed into an elegant dinner/dance venue. She has great recommendations, ideas and connections to make your wedding memorable.

Profile Picture User5370423, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our beautiful September wedding at Calvary, and it was more than we could have ever dreamed it could be. We had our ceremony in the Historic Church, a venue that lends itself to vintage beauty and a true church wedding feel. The great thing about the Historic Church is that it is so gorgeous you don't really need to decorate! We had our reception in the Great Hall, which is another space that can be completely transformed into any way you want! It completely fit our vision. The vaulted ceilings, the cast iron chandeliers, the simple beauty of this place...it allowed our vintage, European theme to work wonderfully, and there was plenty of space to dance with about 150 guests! If you want a church wedding, this is a great place to hold it!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Set Up, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Profile Picture Amy, 9/4/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

We looked everywhere for a venue that fit our needs. At what felt like the last minute, we found Cori and Calvary Church on Weddingwire. The venue allowed us to bring everything in, provided an onsite planner, and created the perfect atmosphere for our special day. We were so blessed to have Cori's help. Not only did she keep this unorganized bride on task, she provided solutions for every challenge we faced. Her team of wedding day miracle workers were outstanding. Wedding planning can be stressful and all business. Cori went above and beyond to make sure that this wedding reflected us. Her husband even donated an element to the reception. The venue itself is unbelievably beautiful. Three months later and our guests are still talking about the unexpected beauty of our venue.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wheelchair Access

My husband and I were on a REALLY tight budget and when we started planning our wedding we almost gave up hope until we came across Calvary Church & Elegant Weddings! Our wedding was TWO days ago and I've received more compliments than I can even count about how beautiful it was! The package comes with sooooo many things included (like a wedding coordinator!) and I can't even express how helpful that was! Cori was fantastic but her daughter was getting married on the same day so Alisa stepped in for the rehearsal and wedding day. I honestly can't thank her enough!!!!! She was FLAWLESS and keeping everything flowing smoothly! I wouldn't have spent my big day anywhere else!!! Thank you!

Profile Picture Alexis, 5/23/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

It was a beautiful place to have a wedding. Cori was very helpful, especially since I came from out of town to have my wedding.

Profile Picture User3986712, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter wanted a wedding in a beautiful chapel and this was the perfect venue. Thank you, Cori, for helping make the day special.

Profile Picture User3953372, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved our wedding at Calvary Chuch! It's a beautiful church and reception hall. And Cori was such a huge help, connecting us with florists, hair/makeup people, caterers, etc. in Golden.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/7/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Wedding Planning

We could not have been more pleased with our Wedding, reception and decision to use Calvary Church!

Profile Picture User3951104, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

The way the church is set up makes it the perfect venue for both ceremony and reception. I was able to have privacy I needed before the wedding along with ample room to get ready. And the church is beautiful so no need for extra decorations! Cori was extremely helpful in getting together some of those last minute details that can be so stressful. Everything flowed beautifully!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Calvary Church was an absolutely beautiful venue for our daughter's January wedding! The Great Hall was quickly transformed for the reception post ceremony. Cori Mustin of Elegant Weddings helped to make the wedding an outstanding event. As the mother of the bride I was truly was able to be 'in the moment' with everything happening having complete confidence that Cori had everything under control. Some of the staff we hired to serve at the reception backed out last minute. Cori's sons stepped in and provided professional help. Cori was wonderful to work with. She grasped my daughter's style and vision for her wedding and Cori helped her create the 'perfect' setting.

Profile Picture Paulette, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Cori was a great coordinator, she made sure the wedding ceremony went smoothly and everyone was where they needed to be and did what they needed to do. She was calm and supportive throughout. Calvary Church was a beautiful venue for our wedding, we loved everything about our wedding ceremony.

Profile Picture Katy, 9/27/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant
4.7

Working with Elegant Weddings was a very wise decision from the get-go. I cannot imagine what the flow of the wedding day would have been like without Cori's expertise helping to bring and keep everything flowing as planned. I got to focus on my own experience as the bride---not worry about details. Cori had it covered. Additionally, Cori was willing to meet as often as I wanted. The more we met, the more nailed down everything felt. Definitely worth every penny.

Profile Picture User7824036, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
4.7

My husband and I had our wedding at the Calvary church. Our pictures were wonderful and the wedding planner was on point with getting everyone in their places and us married on time. Would recommend to everyone.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Great vendor! Really pretty church and great facilities. Accommodating and allowed us to have a beautiful low stress wedding within a budget--especially with allowing us to choose our caterer. Affordable and lovely and close to Denver airport. The towm of golden is so cute. It was slightly difficult to book and we had a miscommunication about the pastor services, but worked out well regardless. A great option if you are doing a doityourself type wedding with most of the planning and organizing yourself. It was perfect for us! The church staff were very kind and helped clean up at the end and made sure we had everything up to code.

Profile Picture Rori, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved having our wedding reception at Calvary Church. We were able to accomodate our large group of guests and all the staff at Calvary was supportive to allow us to do what we wanted to do! Cori helped to make our reception run very smoothly!!

Profile Picture User4534543, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was such an great venue! Plenty of room and absolutely beautiful. We got so many compliments on how amazing it looked all decorated!

Profile Picture Brooke, 5/19/12, 1 Review
4.2

Beautiful wedding in a beautiful space! We have been attending this church for almost 4 years, and couldn't think of a better indoor venue when we decided to marry in the dead of winter.

Photo for Calvary Church Review - Historic Church altar as seen from the back of the pews
Photo for Calvary Church Review - Great Hall couples dance!
Profile Picture Laura, 1/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
4.2

Beautiful venue for classic, romantic, or vintage style weddings.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/28/16, 1 Review