63 Reviews for CaliforniaRabbi.com

Jewish (4)
Customized Vows (3)
Counseling (1)
62 CaliforniaRabbi.com Reviews

Want to really express my gratitude for our unforgettable ceremony. Your words were so beautiful and they put me at ease. I was SO nervous but it was such a wonderful moment in time and we couldn't be more happy about the way it all turned out. Thank you again so much for everything.

Profile Picture Rachel, 2/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Michael was a huge hit at our wedding. The compliments we received about his storytelling and style were so great. During the process of finding a Rabbi he was very responsive and open to helping us with various aspects of our wedding. He helped with our Ketubah and met with us on a couple occasions to get to know our story. We highly recommend Rabbi Michael and are very grateful we were able to find him for our special day.

- Katy and Corey 1/5/2018

Profile Picture Corey, 1/5/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Jewish, Customized Vows, Counseling, Interfaith Ceremony

We had the most AMAZING wedding ceremony thanks to Rabbi Mayersohn!! Our October 28 wedding was a blended one - while my husband converted to Judaism, his family did not. Rabbi Mayersohn made every one of our guests feel comfortable and happy. Many of our non-Jewish guests came up to us saying what an incredible ceremony it was and how hilarious and charismatic our Rabbi was. The whole experience leading up to the wedding and the ceremony itself was pure joy and love - thank you so much Rabbi!!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We had the best Rabbi for our August 2017 beach wedding in San Diego.

Since San Diego was a destination for us, we initially looked into a family friend's rabbi based in Southern CA; however, he was unwilling to marry us as we were set on getting married during sunset on a Saturday.

Then, Rabbi Michael was recommended to me by my wedding planner. From the very beginning, he HEARD US. We wanted a short ceremony, with a few of the Jewish traditions. Since my husband is not Jewish, many of our guests were unfamiliar with these traditions so we needed a Rabbi who would also explain what he was doing throughout the ceremony. Rabbi Michael set up a few Skype calls (since we are located in Chicago) throughout the wedding process. He was always easy to get ahold of, very responsible, and made us remember to have fun throughout the wedding planning process (which can be hard as many brides know).

The day of our wedding finally came and we were THRILLED with Rabbi Michael. Multiple guests throughout the night complimented him and asked if Rabbi Michael was my childhood rabbi :) They were shocked to hear we just met Rabbi Michael less than a year ago....and the first time in person on our wedding day! He did a great job of incorporating some personal touches with the Jewish traditions we wanted.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts Rabbi Michael for making everlasting memories for us. It is a moment we will forever cherish.

Rochelle

Profile Picture Rochelle, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

He was great! During the ceremony he made small light jokes to keep the guests entertained and us (marrying couple) relaxed. His speeches about the chuppah, breaking of the glass, and wine were on point and his personal speech about us was funny, moving, and wholesome. He was very flexible with anything we wanted during the ceremony, answered emails and phone calls in a timely manner, and even brought all the equipment (like kiddish cups, talit, glass to break, etc.) in case we forgot. Worth every penny.

Profile Picture Aviv, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

The absolute best part of our wedding was Rabbi Michael officiating of the ceremony. He made us laugh, he made us cry, he made us think, he made the beginning of our new life with each other just perfect. If you're thinking about hiring Rabbi Michael, stop thinking and do it!! Just Beautiful.

Profile Picture Leslie, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Jewish, Interfaith Ceremony

great work!!! very creative!! !!

Profile Picture User7523611, 1+ year ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Michael is absolutely wonderful. We were searching for an interfaith rabbi to officiate our wedding, and were so lucky to find Rabbi Michael. I am Jewish and my husband is not. Our hope was to have a wedding that incorporated Jewish traditions, but did not exclude the non-Jewish family. We were having trouble finding a rabbi who would accommodate this, but when we first spoke with Rabbi Michael, we were totally at ease. As others have said, he is incredibly responsive and available. He met with us in person and on the phone about 4 times before the wedding - and in those meetings he really "got" us. Our ceremony was so personal, warm, funny, and meaningful - Rabbi Michael incorporated so many little details that we didn't even realize he picked up on during our meetings. He created the perfect balance of a Jewish wedding that was inclusive to our non-Jewish guests. Both my husband and I feel that the words he spoke are ones that we will always remember, and the the ceremony was our favorite part of the wedding by far. So many of our guests and family have commented to us how wonderful Rabbi Michael was and how fitting our ceremony was to the two of us. We cannot thank Rabbi Michael enough for his guidance, his calm demeanor, and the beautiful ceremony he gave to us.

Profile Picture User6067961, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows, Jewish

As my now husband and I are both Jewish without a synagogue affiliation, we were looking for a Rabbi who could perform our wedding ceremony.

Rabbi Michael was extremely helpful from the very first email I sent! He understood our situation of needing a Rabbi as well as needing one at 4:30pm on a Saturday afternoon.

When we first met with Rabbi Michael, we felt like he was an old friend we knew for years! His calm demeanor and educated knowledge on wedding ceremonies put us immediately at ease.

Rabbi Michael responded to all emails / questions extremely promptly, making our wedding planning process very easy! We met with him a total of 3 times before the ceremony to get to know each other and talk about exactly what we wanted. Rabbi Michael never pushed anything or any agenda onto us and we really appreciated it. He made us feel like it was our day and no one else's.

If you are looking for a Rabbi to help you with and perform your wedding ceremony - I cannot recommend Rabbi Michael enough. He will play a major part in making your day perfect!

Profile Picture Stacey, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Michael was wonderful at our wedding ceremony! He was great to work with- very personable, made the wedding about us, took the time to meet with us and get to know us better. Everyone at our wedding carried on about how great our ceremony and the Rabbi were! You could really tell he got to know us so it didn't feel impersonal. He read our personalities wonderfully and added humor in just the right places and romance in the others. It was... perfect! Thank you so much for making our ceremony personal, special and unforgetable!

Profile Picture Jamie, 6/11/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Michael was courteous and professional with a great sense of humor that had all our guests laughing.
He really took the time to get to know us in our meetings and was able to perform a heartfelt and sentimental ceremony.
We got rave reviews from all our guests regarding how wonderful he was. He made the day less stressful and put us at ease regarding anything to do with our wedding ceremony.
We would highly recommend him to anyone who asks.

Profile Picture Greg, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We highly recommend Rabbi Michael for your wedding! We had a wonderful experience working with him. Even though we didn't know him prior to our engagement, the minute we sat down with him we felt like we had known him for years. He was extremely organized, knowledgeable, proactive, punctual, and very flexible when it came to our ceremony.

As far our our ceremony, he wonderfully incorporated religion, emotion, and laughter. I had person after person come up to me after the ceremony complimenting him on the amazing ceremony he did. If you are in need of a Rabbi, definitely reach out to Rabbi Michael!

Profile Picture User5232243, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Michael was excellent. He advised us on what can be done, listened to what we wanted, and put together a service that made everyone absolutely happy!

Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Dmitry, 3/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Michael is the BEST. I cannot say enough good things about him. We loved him right off the bat, he made us feel very comfortable. We had a mixed faith wedding and so many non-Jewish friends came up to us after saying they want to hire him! Everyone really loved how he was able to mix humor with tradition and still made our ceremony seem very personal. He was always so prompt to emails and was really an all around pleasure to work with. He made us feel very comfortable during the ceremony. Our guests are still talking about how much they liked him. Thank you, Rabbi Michael!

Profile Picture Amanda, 12/5/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Jewish, Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows

When my husband and I started planning our wedding, we decided to have a reform Rabbi preform the ceremony, as my husband is Jewish and I was raised Catholic. We contacted Rabbi Michael based on the wonderful reviews that we had read about him. He was so responsive and great to talk to. We met with him a couple of times before the wedding, which made things so much more personal on the day of. He took the time to get to know us and our backgrounds, and incorporated that into the ceremony. We received so many complements from our guests about how beautiful the ceremony was, and everyone really loved Rabbi Michael's sense of humor. He really did a wonderful job, and our wedding would not have been the same without him!

Profile Picture Monika, 10/3/15, 1 Review

Rabbi Michael was great!

From the first meeting to the end of our ceremony his professionalism, yet humorous, and accepting nature made our special moment even more valuable. We received a lot of compliments from our guests about our ceremony delivery (he was funny and professional at the same time) and the time range (we wanted it to be no longer than 30 minutes). Given that we are an interfate couple, Rabbi Michael was very flexible and understanding of the traditions that we wanted to incorporate, and that was one of the most special things that we liked about him. I could go on and on about how amazing Rabbi Michael is, but in a nutshell you want him to officiate your special event, if you would like it to be done by someone who will take the time to listen to you and to make sure that everything goes smoothly without you having to worry about a single detail.

Profile Picture Yuliana, 7/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

As an interfaith couple, my husband and I searched for a Rabbi willing to perform an interfaith ceremony. We found Rabbi Michael and loved him. He was professional, knowledgeable, and flexible to our needs. He provided us with insight on the best methods of executing an interfaith ceremony, helping us choose the specific rights and traditions of both Jewish and Christian faiths to include in our ceremony. On top of fulfilling his own duties, he recommended his wife to make our Tallis. The Tallis she made matched our wedding colors, has our names stitched into the corner, and is absolutely beautiful. She worked with us to choose the fabric, color, and design. Rabbi Michael performed our ceremony with a combination of humor and tradition. He was professional and to the point. He also helped us choose a pastor willing to perform an interfaith ceremony. They worked perfectly in tandem, showing respect for both religions. All of our guests raved about our ceremony and Rabbi Michael! Finally, Rabbi Michael met with us for pre-marriage counseling. His insights into a successful marriage are wonderful. He reminded us that every problem has a solution that lies in the "grey area" and not to look at solutions as merely "black and white". I would highly recommend seeking pre-marriage counseling with Rabbi Michael. My husband and I found it to be an excellent and enriching experience. I would not hesitate to recommend him to any of my friends and family for both marriage counseling and as an officiant. I would also highly recommend his wife for the wedding Tallis. Rabbi Michael and his wife are hands down the best!

Profile Picture Sarra, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant, Unique Services (Other)

As the MOB as well as acting as the event coordinator, I thought Rabbi Michael was excellent in all aspects of the service. USE HIM

Profile Picture sheryl, 6/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were at first uncertain about finding a Rabbi via the internet but after perusing his website and also reading Rabbi Michael's reviews we thought it couldn't hurt to contact him. From the very first email we knew we had found our wedding officiant! Rabbi Michael was incredibly friendly, patient with all of our questions and made the time to connect with us on several occasions prior to the day to really tailor the service to our personal story. We appreciated his open mindedness to a less traditional, religiously relaxed more modern approach. He made us both feel at ease, guiding us as neither my fiancé nor I knew what to do or what to expect and he helped us create a ceremony that was truly memorable. Our guests loved the pace, impromptu humor and genuine feeling of love that Rabbi Michael brought to the celebration. We highly recommend him, you honestly will be hard pressed to find a better rabbi.

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Michael was wonderful to work with! My husband is Jewish and I am not, and most of my family had never been to a Jewish ceremony before. After our wedding, many of them came up to us and said they had never seen a more beautiful ceremony. Rabbi Michael was kind and thoughtful, and did a great job weaving our story into the ceremony. We live in NY, and he spoke to us several times before the wedding and always made himself available to us. We felt instantly comfortable and knew right away he would be a great choice to officiate our wedding.

Profile Picture Nicole, 3/14/15, 7 Reviews

Rabbi Michael,

Where do I begin. You made our wedding day so incredible. Thank you for making the process and the ceremony so beautiful for us. As a couple from different faiths and with families who were expecting certain things out of our ceremony, you took away all of the angst and stress that easily could have come from how to handle the ceremony. You asked us all the right questions and eased all of our concerns. Parents from both sides were amazed by how wonderful it all went. I had people from my Christian side saying that they wish they had incorporated some of the Jewish traditions in their wedding because of their meaning and how beautiful they wall were.

I have already told you what a blessing it was for us to find you, but I wanted to make sure that I told you that again! I'll continue to remind each time I speak with you! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you, thank you!!!

Aaron and Taylor

Profile Picture Taylor, 2/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I had the pleasure of working with Rabbi Michael for our destination wedding in Mexico. Before the wedding we mostly communicated through email and I was impressed by the speed and thoroughness of his responses. Between the emails and Skype meetings communicating with Rabbi Michael was very easy. He works with you and is very flexible so the ceremony will be exactly how you want it, I know ours was. He obviously has a lot of destination wedding experience, which was very valuable for us since this was our first one and we had a lot of questions. Rabbi Michael was very professional, easy to work with, and most importantly the ceremony was better than we could've imagined.

Profile Picture User4682980, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I happily give Rabbi Michael 5's across the board. My husband and I were thrilled with our wedding ceremony, and we received so many compliments from guests for days to come. My husband and I live in North Carolina (but were getting married in CA), but even still, Rabbi Michael took the time to have Skype meetings with us so that he could get to know us. He also did a great job of explaining the Jewish traditions included in our ceremony for guests who were unfamiliar. Overall, I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Natasha, 11/2/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We found Rabbi Michael online, and I am so grateful that we did! I am Jewish and my husband is Christian. We were looking for someone to marry us who could also incorporate some readings from the New Testament. We were having such a hard time finding someone to do this in Santa Barbara. Not only was Rabbi Michael open to our situation, but my husband (fiance at the time) liked Rabbi Michael so much that after our first Skype call (even though he was not a pastor) he told me after that 'he was the one for us!'

He took the time to get to know us, and we worked out the ceremony so it was exactly what we wanted it to be without being 'too' religious! The ceremony was absolutely amazing and I felt so calm and comfortable up at the Chuppah with Rabbi Michael being there. I HIGHLY recommend Rabbi Michael to anyone who wants a full Jewish ceremony or if you have mixed faiths! Both of our families loved him and I could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony and wedding. Thank you Rabbi Michael! Cori & Taylor Tatman

Profile Picture Cori, 10/18/14, 1 Review