California Wedding Officiant Reviews

California Wedding Officiant 5
California Wedding Officiant 6
California Wedding Officiant 7

Jon Nguyen · Married on 08/25/2018

Great officiant to work with

It was great to have Andrew as our wedding officiant. We wanted to make sure that our ceremony both did and didn't include certain things, and he worked with us to create a script that we really loved. He had a lot of experience as an officiant, and provided us with a lot of great options and ideas for the ceremony that we weren't even aware of before.

He was also a delight to work with throughout the process. He initially arranged a meeting to take us through his approach, ceremony options, and to get to know each other. Then we sent him our requests for items we wanted to include or take out of the ceremony, which he incorporated. On the day itself, he showed up on time, was very professional, and officiated the ceremony in a way that was very touching to our guests.

We really appreciated how smooth and stress-free it was to work with him, because when we were planning our wedding there were so many other things we had to worry about instead!

Sent on 11/30/2018

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you for the nice words Jon. I was very impressed with Lassen Meadows where your ceremony was held. It was a beautiful alpine setting. I enjoyed meeting and talking to some of your and Neha’s family members. As you know, although I bring a lot resources and experience to the table, I never want to impose my ideas of a wedding ceremony on the couple, I want it to be a three-way collaboration so it is unique and personal to you as a couple. I am happy to hear that I was able to reduce some of the stress. I wish many years of happiness to the two of you.

Alena · Married on 08/17/2018

Andrew was such an awesome Officiant and my husband and I were every delighted wih him! He is very understanding and so quick to respond! He listened to everything we wanted and chose his words to match our vibe of the wedding :) His goofy demeanor definitely makes you feel comfortable infront of your friends and family so that the ceremony glides through and is not at all boring! Would recommened him to anyone!

California Wedding Officiant 9

Beverly · Married on 05/26/2018

Thank you for the lovely ceremony you performed on our wedding day. Joshua and I felt very comfortable knowing that you had things under control. We felt that the ceremony went smoothly. Thanks again for going beyond our expectations.

Sent on 06/09/2018
    California Wedding Officiant 10
    California Wedding Officiant 11

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Beverly, it was my pleasure! I really enjoyed chatting with the family and friends before the festivities.

Lindsey · Married on 05/26/2018

Andrew did a great job officiating our wedding! We interviewed several officiants on our way to finding Andrew. Most wanted to sing at our wedding, make it religious, charged far too much, or refused to work with a wedding planner.

When we initially called Andrew, we were relieved that he was a normal guy who just wanted to make our wedding perfect for us. He provided us with a sample script and provided us with resources to write our own vows. We ended up revising the sample script with bits and pieces from other samples we found.

He was professional, genuine, affordable, easy to work with, quick to respond, and showed up on time. Not much more we could've asked for in our officiant. He also sent in our licence for us and provided us with the tracking number for it after the wedding. We'd definitely recommend Andrew!

Anna Lj · Married on 04/26/2018

Everything we were looking for

Andrew really helped and guided us through the process, we are from the UK and didn't know much about how things work in the US. He also was really patient and understanding on the day, didn't rush us at all and in general made us feel very comfortable. After the ceremony he sent us all the documents the next day and also provided lots of advise as to how to receive the certificate in the UK. We would really reccomend Andrew to anyone looking for a calm, responsible and goodhearted officient - we were really lucky to have found him. Thanks Andrew, you made everything so much easier for us (considering how many things could have gone wrong when you're eloping abroad!).
    Anna & James

Sent on 11/29/2018

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks for the nice words Anna. It was a fun day for me. I had head a lot about the historic Fairmont Hotel, but I had never actually been there. It was a good opportunity to take it all in. You guys are very fun couple, i enjoyed getting to know you. I was thinking about you guys during a recently layover in London. We took a tour of Windsor Castle and ate at a pub in Piccadilly.

Melanie03 · Married on 03/10/2018

Andrew was very professional and helpful with preparing for our ceremony. He did and was willing to make the script just as I wanted it. He also provided me with resources for before and after the wedding; how to file for license and certificate after.

Sent on 03/20/2018
    California Wedding Officiant 12
    California Wedding Officiant 13
    California Wedding Officiant 14

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks Melanie, it was an honor to be part of your special day. I am so happy that the weather cooperated with your plans for an outdoor ceremony. Best of luck to you to for a long happy life together.

Jessica · Married on 11/18/2017

Andrew did a fantastic job! We met him at Brides Day Out, he was very organized and was in contact with me throughout our entire planning process, went over the script with us multiple time beforehand to make sure that we had it all correct. He was on time and the ceremony went flawlessly! Can't thank him enough

Sent on 12/12/2017

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks so much Jessica. As I recall you guys were lucky to miss the rain. It was a lovely event. Thanks for having me be a part of it. May you and Brad have a long and beautiful life together.

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2017

Very responsive with emails and communication. Had different ceremonies that we were able to chose from which we really liked. Professional and on time. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/07/2017

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks for the nice words Jessica. It was delightful to work with you and Richard. You had a beautiful day there at Micke Grove. The Japanese Garden was quite a treat. I wish you guys many years of happiness together.

Alexandra · Married on 10/13/2017

What can i say about Andrew... Amazing, Talented, Patient, and very Sweet!! Since the beginning, i knew he was the Officiant for us. When we met in person he was so excited about weddings that i knew this was the guy i wanted, someone as passionate about that day as we were. I am catholic and my husband is christian, so Andrew came up with the perfect mixed ceremony for us that gave us the best of both worlds. He was very professional on the day of the wedding but also found ways to make us smile!! Plus he took care of all the paperwork after the ceremony. He's Perfect!! Thank you so much Andrew!!

Sent on 01/17/2018

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Alexandra, you’re so thoughtful and sweet with your kind words.

Lana · Married on 09/30/2017

Andrew was fantastic to work with as we planned our ceremony, and the actual ceremony was absolutly perfect - heartfelt, funny at the right moments, unique to us, and now a memory we will cherish forever. Thank you!

Sent on 12/06/2017

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Lana, I am so happy that you and Garrett came all the way to California from the east coast. It was fun day for sure. the Palace of Fine Arts venue is truly one of my favorites. I have sentimental memories of doing wedding ceremonies there under the dome. I wish the two of you a long and happy life together.

Dominique · Married on 08/12/2017

Andrew was wonderful to work with. He came out of his way to meet with us and was very open to our thoughts on how we wanted the ceremony to go.

At the very last minute my parents decided they wanted to walk with me down the isle and Andrew did not blink an eye and rolled with it like it had been the plan all along.

We really enjoyed working with him:-)
    DP

Sent on 08/30/2017

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Dominique. It was a blessing to be involved in your "Big Day" I wish you and Gabriel many years of happiness together.

Jeannie Lamb · Married on 07/22/2017

Seamless Process

Our experience with Andrew was great from start to finish! He was very responsive from the beginning and helped us customize the flow of our ceremony to fit what we were looking for. My husband and I are not very religious, but my parents are. We were able to find a good balance between the two. Thanks again Andrew!

Sent on 12/04/2018

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you for your comments Jeannie. I really loved the rooftop wedding ceremony, it was really special and unique. I am happy to hear that the ceremony succeeded in helping your parents to feel included and comfortable as well. I have had a lot of experience in blending and accommodating different spiritual traditions. I hope that you and Brett continue to love and appreciate each other for many years to come.

Liz · Married on 07/15/2017

Mr. Allen was flexible and helpful, and tailored our ceremony to our needs. Planning a wedding is hectic and stressful, but this officiant made the ceremony a breeze!

Sent on 11/30/2017

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Liz, I am happy to hear that I could help make the process a bit easier. I hope that you and David are enjoying your new lives together.

Alex · Married on 06/30/2017

Andrew did an amazing job with our wedding. He was very easy to work with and did an amazing job the day of our wedding. I would highly recommend Andrew!

Sent on 12/01/2017

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks so much, it was a pleasure to officiate your Napa Wine Country wedding, what a delight. Please give my regards to Jeannette. I wish you guys a long happy life together with many blessings.

Meagan · Married on 06/20/2017

It was so wonderful to have Andrew for our last minute elopement! He was very attentive and helpful with making oir arrangements. Andrew very comfortable to have around for our intimate ceremony, we would recommend him highly to anyone!

Sent on 08/08/2017

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Hello Meagan, thanks for the nice words. Your wedding is probably the most memorable so far. What a lovely day in Bolinas overlooking the ocean. You couldn't have chosen a better location for your elopement. Thanks so much for your generous hospitality before the ceremony. It was so thoughtful of you to have snacks and refreshment ready for my wife and I. The photos that Laura took are incredible. I plan on using some in my new soon to be published website revamp. You two are are very special couple indeed. Thanks for making the trip all the way from eastern Canada. Let us know if you ever make it back to California. We would love say hello.

Arthur · Married on 06/16/2017

Andrew was great! He was flexible with the start of the ceremony and helped keep us calm and cool even though it was sweltering outside!

Sent on 06/20/2017

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks for the nice review Arthur. yes indeed it was surprisingly warm for the Berkeley Hills that day. Despite that I think that everyone enjoyed the day. My wife (who happened to be with me that day) an I enjoyed getting to know some of your family members while waiting for the ceremony to begin. Your photographer sent over your wedding photos recently. I really enjoyed seeing them. Tilden Park is quite beautiful and makes for a lovely background. I wish a long happy life to both you and Danielle!

Violet · Married on 06/04/2017

We were so lucky to have Andrew as our Wedding Officiant on the big day. Andrew is very professional, patient and easy to work with. He gave us a lot good tips and suggestions during the Facetime meeting (we totally forgot to get our marriage license until he reminded us!). He's very punctual for the online meeting and arrived 2.5 hours earlier on the wedding day. Andrew's calm energy and sense of humor let us through a smooth and elegant ceremony. He sent out the marriage license to the county clerk the next day as he promised. Highly recommended! :)

Sent on 06/11/2017

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Violet! Your "Big Day" was a special day indeed. I was only there so early because I was coming from another event which was in the opposite direction from where I live. It turned out great because I enjoyed hanging out with and chatting with the sound guy and the musicians.The Palm Event Center is spectacular and the string quartet was a very nice addition. It turned out that the violinist and I have a mutual friend. I wish a long and happy life to you and Jackie. Double Happiness! 喜喜

Lisa · Married on 05/19/2017

Andrew was AWESOME! He responded quickly every time, very professional, exceptionally personable, sincere, intuitive yet witty. With what we thought was very limited information he was able to create an absolutely beautiful memorable ceremony ...we could not have asked for more. Thank you Andrew for making our day so special...We highly recommend you!!

Sent on 06/20/2017

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Lisa thanks you so much for your kind and enthusiastic review. It was delightful to work with you and Manuel on that very emotional day. I wish you both a long life of happiness and blessings!

brianna · Married on 03/25/2017

He was very professional, punctual, great communication, and with a sense of humor. We asked him to step out of his comfort zone by adding a few portions of the ceremony in Spanish, and he did great. We are very pleased and thankful for his amazing job at our wedding. Would definitely recommend him, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 03/27/2017

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful comments, I really enjoyed working with you and David. I do enjoy adding a bit of Spanish to the ceremony, even though as you say, it adds an additional challenge. ¡Dios los bendiga y los mantenga unidos siempre!

Victoria · Married on 03/10/2017

Our ceremony was great, he did a wonderful job. Timely, well dressed, respectful, professional, accurate and funny at the right moment. Made my ceremony special.

Sent on 12/08/2017

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Victoria, it was please working with both you and Lalit. I wish for you two many years of happiness together.

Jessica · Married on 09/23/2016

We contacted Andrew on very short notice and he was still able to accommodate our needs. The personalization of the “vows” was great, he kept our guests laughing and into the ceremony (which we know can sometimes drag on). He was extremely professional, kind and very affordable! We are grateful he wedded us and would definitely recommend him to anyone! Thank you again Andrew!!

Sent on 12/01/2017
    California Wedding Officiant 19
    California Wedding Officiant 20
    California Wedding Officiant 21

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks so much Jessica, those are very kind words. Thanks so much for uploading the photos, that was very sweet of you. Brownstone Gardens is literally my favorite venue. I was so happy to hear recently of the new addition to the family. Congratulations! Please say hello to Craig for me.

Jonathan · Married on 09/09/2016

Andrew was truly the best. He was patient, flexible, kind, thoughtful and able to effectuate our intent. We chose a secular service with some elements of Reform Judaism and Andrew was able to perfect the right balance. He did not try to dissuade us from what we wanted like other officiants may try to do and he connected with us on a personal level - even taking the time to skype with us in advance to meet us - that made the day so special. He is a consummate professional and comes with our highest recommendation

Sent on 09/12/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks so much Jonathan. I learned a lot about Jewish traditions from you, which has come in handy with other couples. I loved working with you and Kate. the Marin Art & Garden Center was spectacular, and live jazz band was delightful. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos, some in black and white. they really came out great. I hope that the two of you have a long happy life together.

Kyle · Married on 08/28/2016

Andrew was an excellent choice for us, performing a wonderful service exactly what we had in mind. Andrew was very personable meeting with us in person (before we settled on our officiant) to get good understanding of our thoughts and helping us feel comfortable with what kind of ceremony he can perform. Andrew was very patient providing us guidance customizing sample scripts from which to work from helping us create a truly special ceremony all our own. Andrew was very accommodating easily adjusting to our changing plans, such as our decisions not to use a podium to make the alter more photogenic requiring him to work more from memory and notes, and not to use a sound system as the venue acoustics were better without requiring him to project more clearly. We would highly recommend considering Andrew for your officiant.

Sent on 09/29/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you for the nice words. I really enjoyed your wedding. The historic chapel at Fort Mason was very special. Thanks for sending over the beautiful photo gallery. I wish the two of you much happiness.

Alice · Married on 08/25/2016

We feel so blessed to have Andy as our Wedding Officiant. We had a little misunderstanding with the county clerk's office, anyway we had to change the venue, we were almost panic, but thank to Andy who looked it up quick and came up with this nice and natural place....we enjoyed him so much, he was so patient, nice and calm to lead us through this nervous but exciting event. Thank you Andy, once again!! We were so lucky to have you!!

Sent on 08/25/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Alice. It was really fun working with both you and Ben. Sometimes those little obstacles divert us to something that turns even better that what we had planned. I think that it was meant to be, the universe wanted your wedding to be at the John Muir Historic site. I really enjoyed meeting some of your family members. I trust that you guys are doing well. Double Happiness! 喜喜