California Wedding Officiant Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Mark P. Married on 07/08/2021

Wedding Review

Our wedding was August 31, 2019. Andrew was an excellent choice to perform our ceremony. He made the whole process very easy for us and provided a great template that helped us craft the perfect set of vows. He put us at ease at our initial meeting and his delivery of our ceremony was a memorable part of our special day
  • Jenny
    Jenny B. Married on 05/12/2021

Mr. Andrew Allen -The Best Wedding Officiant

We get married last December 29, 2019. We never met Mr. Andrew in person prior to our wedding. We communicated only through sms and emails and he was so helpful in any questions we asked from him. During our wedding day, he was so professional he arrived an hour before our wedding, he was the first person that arrived to our wedding venue. We are HIGHLY SATISFIED with his services that he conducted during our wedding ceremony. We intend to get his services again when we have our renewal of vows in the future.

From: William and Jenelyn Boone - Fairfield
  • Angelica
    Angelica N. Married on 03/12/2021

Pontual and lovely

Andrew Allen was amazing! My husband and I really appreciate his job as an officiant. We knew after our first talk with Andrew he would be our officiant. He replied fast all of our messages and wrote the best ceremony for us, knowing I am Brazilian he made everything easier for me. Perfect for us, matching our personalities. Our ceremony was short, he helped us with a perfect spot and full of love.
    Jessica Married on 12/31/2020
    Andrew did a fantastic job! We met him at Brides Day Out, he was very organized and was in contact with me throughout our entire planning process, went over the script with us multiple time beforehand to make sure that we had it all correct. He was on time and the ceremony went flawlessly! Can't thank him enough

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks so much Jessica. As I recall you guys were lucky to miss the rain. It was a lovely event. Thanks for having me be a part of it. May you and Brad have a long and beautiful life together.
    Ashley S. Married on 05/09/2020

Professional wedding officiant

My husband and I had reached out to Andrew before the pandemic to officiate our wedding that was supposed to be in May 2020. He was super quick to respond and very helpful. We met in person at a coffee shop and got to know him a little better and he showed us examples of how he would officiate our ceremony. Our wedding ended up being postponed twice due to covid and he was patient and understanding both times. We were finally able to get married May this year and he did a wonderful job officiating. The ceremony couldn’t have been more perfect. We were able to pick and choose what we wanted him to say and tailor it to fit our style for the ceremony. Andrew made things easy and smooth for us. We highly recommend him!
  • Kathryn
    Kathryn B. Married on 02/12/2020

Fantastic officiant!!!

Andrew was amazing! Very professional, responsive to messages, and incredibly flexible and accommodating to our sometimes uncertain timing. Very easy to talk to and really made our day special. He thinks of everything!!!! And he's one of the few officiant's serving our area. Sooooo pleased with him and his service!
    Meizi Married on 01/03/2020

Andrew is a professional officiant that performed a memorable wedding ceremony for us.

We are so glad that we found Andrew to perform our wedding ceremony. He is well organized and thoughtful throughout the whole process. He never brought his sweetheart to help us take pictures since our elopement wedding doesn’t have any photographer. We are appreciated their help!
    Kyra P. Married on 12/27/2019

Amazing officiant!!!

My husband and I got married last Dec 2019 at SF City Hall. Similar to the experiences of other couples, prior our wedding day, instead of just speaking to us via email and throwing us a wedding script, he made time to meet us, took time to run through and explain each part of the ceremony, and gave us the flexibility to choose parts we want/didn't want, which made our day more meaningful. Not once did I feel like we were just another client to him, that everything is just another transaction.

I unfortunately didn't get to hire a wedding coordinator and was (secretly) stressing out on a particular vendor present during the ceremony, so I was surprised to see Andrew speaking to them, explaining the flow of the ceremony. He didn't have to do that (and I didn't ask him to) but I genuinely appreciate that he did because it was one less thing for this bridezilla to think about and coordinate on the day of our wedding. :-)

Thank you, Andrew! You are amazing!

- Hennessy & Kyra Portem
    Kevin W. Married on 12/20/2019

White Wedding

Andrew did a wonderful job at our wedding. He arrived early, made both of us feel very comfortable and prepared, and he even mingled with our guests.

His script for our wedding, of which we had plenty of input, was very heartfelt and beautiful.

Following the wedding, he ensured all the required paperwork was completed---paperwork he quickly mailed to the county of our residence to make everything official.

I would highly recommend Andrew for your upcoming nuptials. He is very punctual, professional and prepared. You will not be disappointed.

Kevin and Veronica White
    Christina Married on 11/23/2019

Great Experience

Andrew was prompt with answering any of my questions.
  • Jesse
    Jesse V. Married on 10/25/2019

5 Plus Stars for Andrew

My wife, Teresa and I, had the pleasure of having Andrew be our officiant for our wedding in San Francisco city hall on October 25th. There aren't enough words to describe the wonderful ceremony that Andrew provided for us. From the beginning, he is very communicative and helpful. I am so grateful that he was able to come up with a lovely script for our unity sand ceremony on the day of as I totally forgot to tell him that we had planned to do that. Both my wife and I would definitely recommend Andrew for their own wedding. Thank you so very much Andrew :)
    Joe S. Married on 09/29/2019

Friendly, knowledgable and approachable

We had a destination wedding in California and, not being from the area, needed an officiant that was knowledgable about the local administration requirements but also friendly, approachable and flexible. Andrew Allen was the perfect choice for us and we would highly recommend him to any couple.
    James E. Married on 09/23/2019

Quality and Competence

We are quite pleased with our experience with this officiant. Our ceremony was overall simple, which is how we wanted it, and while we had a very informal plan on how it was organized, Mr. Allen was capable of fitting right in and going with the flow. As this was essentially a backyard wedding, we did not have a microphone system in place, but this proved to be a non-issue. The paperwork was handled efficiently and professionally. We can safely say that you are in good hands should you choose to pick this officiant.
    Deborah Married on 09/01/2019

Personalized and Perfect

Finding an officiant to blend two religious backgrounds and traditions - Catholic and Jewish - is tricky at best. However, from day 1 of planning we knew Andrew was the right choice. His careful attention to detail and flexibility with our suggestions throughout the planning period created a beautiful, unique ceremony that every guest raved about afterwards. Thank you Andrew for making our day so special!
    Daniele C. Married on 04/28/2019

Simply perfect

We got married in April 2019, and I can't stress enough how happy we have been to have Andrew as our officiant. During the wedding preparation, we was extremely professional and organized, always available and willing to help.
    During the ceremony, he managed to keep a light but classy atmosphere.
    I honestly could not think of a more perfect choice for our wedding.
    Cherry S. Married on 03/22/2019

Wonderful wedding officiant

We had Andrew as our wedding officiant in March 2019. He was punctual, responsible, courteous, and very knowledgeable on all types of wedding ceremonies. He worked with us to customize our ceremony script and was super helpful throughout the process. The ceremony went perfectly and we couldn’t be happier.
    Jon N. Married on 08/25/2018

Great officiant to work with

It was great to have Andrew as our wedding officiant. We wanted to make sure that our ceremony both did and didn't include certain things, and he worked with us to create a script that we really loved. He had a lot of experience as an officiant, and provided us with a lot of great options and ideas for the ceremony that we weren't even aware of before.

He was also a delight to work with throughout the process. He initially arranged a meeting to take us through his approach, ceremony options, and to get to know each other. Then we sent him our requests for items we wanted to include or take out of the ceremony, which he incorporated. On the day itself, he showed up on time, was very professional, and officiated the ceremony in a way that was very touching to our guests.

We really appreciated how smooth and stress-free it was to work with him, because when we were planning our wedding there were so many other things we had to worry about instead!

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you for the nice words Jon. I was very impressed with Lassen Meadows where your ceremony was held. It was a beautiful alpine setting. I enjoyed meeting and talking to some of your and Neha’s family members. As you know, although I bring a lot resources and experience to the table, I never want to impose my ideas of a wedding ceremony on the couple, I want it to be a three-way collaboration so it is unique and personal to you as a couple. I am happy to hear that I was able to reduce some of the stress. I wish many years of happiness to the two of you.
    Alena Married on 08/17/2018
    Andrew was such an awesome Officiant and my husband and I were every delighted wih him! He is very understanding and so quick to respond! He listened to everything we wanted and chose his words to match our vibe of the wedding :) His goofy demeanor definitely makes you feel comfortable infront of your friends and family so that the ceremony glides through and is not at all boring! Would recommened him to anyone!
    Paulina Married on 06/29/2018
    We are so so happy we had found Andrew in our search for an officiant!! He was so professional and extremely helpful throughout the process! We did not have to research anything about the ceremony because of all his help! We were able to customize to exactly what we wanted to hear and Andrews calm and patient tone, was what made everyone's eyes water! Thank you so much!

Lindsey Married on 05/26/2018
    Andrew did a great job officiating our wedding! We interviewed several officiants on our way to finding Andrew. Most wanted to sing at our wedding, make it religious, charged far too much, or refused to work with a wedding planner.

When we initially called Andrew, we were relieved that he was a normal guy who just wanted to make our wedding perfect for us. He provided us with a sample script and provided us with resources to write our own vows. We ended up revising the sample script with bits and pieces from other samples we found.

He was professional, genuine, affordable, easy to work with, quick to respond, and showed up on time. Not much more we could've asked for in our officiant. He also sent in our licence for us and provided us with the tracking number for it after the wedding. We'd definitely recommend Andrew!
    Beverly Married on 05/26/2018

Thank you for the lovely ceremony you performed on our wedding day. Joshua and I felt very comfortable knowing that you had things under control. We felt that the ceremony went smoothly. Thanks again for going beyond our expectations.

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Beverly, it was my pleasure! I really enjoyed chatting with the family and friends before the festivities.
    Anna Married on 04/26/2018

Everything we were looking for

Andrew really helped and guided us through the process, we are from the UK and didn't know much about how things work in the US. He also was really patient and understanding on the day, didn't rush us at all and in general made us feel very comfortable. After the ceremony he sent us all the documents the next day and also provided lots of advise as to how to receive the certificate in the UK. We would really reccomend Andrew to anyone looking for a calm, responsible and goodhearted officient - we were really lucky to have found him. Thanks Andrew, you made everything so much easier for us (considering how many things could have gone wrong when you're eloping abroad!).
    Anna & James

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks for the nice words Anna. It was a fun day for me. I had head a lot about the historic Fairmont Hotel, but I had never actually been there. It was a good opportunity to take it all in. You guys are very fun couple, i enjoyed getting to know you. I was thinking about you guys during a recently layover in London. We took a tour of Windsor Castle and ate at a pub in Piccadilly.
    Melanie03 Married on 03/10/2018
    Andrew was very professional and helpful with preparing for our ceremony. He did and was willing to make the script just as I wanted it. He also provided me with resources for before and after the wedding; how to file for license and certificate after.

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks Melanie, it was an honor to be part of your special day. I am so happy that the weather cooperated with your plans for an outdoor ceremony. Best of luck to you to for a long happy life together.
    Kyle K. Married on 11/10/2017

Andrew Allen

Andrew was a wonderful officiant of our wedding. We would definitely reccomend!
    Jessica Married on 10/21/2017
    Very responsive with emails and communication. Had different ceremonies that we were able to chose from which we really liked. Professional and on time. Highly recommend!!

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks for the nice words Jessica. It was delightful to work with you and Richard. You had a beautiful day there at Micke Grove. The Japanese Garden was quite a treat. I wish you guys many years of happiness together.