Calhoun's Banquets ~ Copper Cellar Catering Reviews

19 | Knoxville, TN

19 Reviews for Calhoun's Banquets ~ Copper Cellar Catering

Maria · Married on 08/11/2018

Copper Cellar, Patty and her staff did a phenomenal job on my August 11. 2018 wedding in Gatlinburg. Patty truly is a professional, there were absolutely no hiccups, everything went smooth. We chose Prime Rib, Shrimp, and Lemon Chicken as our entree's. Everything was restaurant quality and prepared properly, not banquet hall quality or typical rubber chicken and dried out beef you usually get at weddings . The bar service was excellent as well. My guests were very happy as well.

Sent on 08/15/2018

I work at a resort which uses Calhoun's Catering for everything. The food is always on point and affordable. I have yet to have my reception with them, but I know that it will be wonderful and enjoyed by everyone present!!

Sent on 03/18/2015

Laura · Married on 03/14/2015

We had our wedding rehearsal dinner at Cahoun's for 40 people in their upstairs private event space. The food was absolutely delicious, drinks were good, and service fantastic. Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/30/2015

I had my wedding reception at Calhoun's on the River. They did a fantastic job and everything was great! I came in multiple times before the wedding. They were always polite and accommodating and could meet with me whenever I needed. They don't assign any specific person to your event, but I was surprised at how seemlessly I could transition from talking with one person to the next. Everything still went perfectly without one specific person helping me. The food an service was fantastic. My husband and I are big on craft beer, so it was great to have in house craft brews able to provide. They also had good wine options to serve. Everyone was so helpful leading up and especially at my reception. I am a detail person and was worried I was getting too specific and picky but they delivered on everything I asked to a t. I didn't have any stress over whether things were going how they were supposed to. I can't stress enough how easy they were to work with! Also our reception was in the evening so we had an amazing view of the river with the Henley Street bridge lit up. It was a great backdrop for pictures! Also, they were the best value I could find for the high quality they have. I compared several comparable venues with broken down venue, food, alcohol, linens, etc. costs. They came out as the best value (especially because there was no cost for the space rental itself) and there were no unexpected last minute charges.

Sent on 01/20/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/11/2014

Our reception was held at Calhoun's banquet center in Gatlinburg, TN. This place was absolutely perfect. I had a lot of contact with Patricia who was a huge asset to my wedding planning. We live in Ohio and had no way of going to TN to go around and pick out vendors and other places and Patricia was my go to person for suggestions on a DJ and baker. She was spot on with both! Enormous help for an out of state bride!
    -The location was absolutely beautiful. It is a nice little location in the middle of Gatlinburg, but you feel like you are in a secluded venue with beautiful woods for the backdrop.
    -The food was exceptional. ALL my guests stated that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. They were even able to customize the menu for my guests that were vegetarian and my 2 vegan guests. They went beyond the extra mile to meet my requests. My sister who is a vegan states that she was thrilled that they were able to make something so delicious for them when they usually have nothing they can eat at weddings.
    -They were all so amazing that it made my wedding go so smooth. The staff were amazing and Patricia made everything so much easier on my part! I cannot express how perfect they made my reception. I am just so thankful!

Sent on 10/24/2014
  • celene

celene · Married on 06/28/2014

The food was wonderful!! My whole family enjoyed the beef brisket and couldn't stop talking about how good it was. They were very professional and very reasonable price wise.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Carol · Married on 05/31/2014

Loved everyone who helped with my May wedding! Phillip was so very nice and accommodating to work with. Relieved a lot of my stress over the wedding day details! The food was amazing, the atmosphere was amazing and we couldn't have been happier that we chose Calhoun's on the River as our reception site. Our guests loved it too! Only downside was that parking was very, very limited so we had to circle the parking lot a few times to wait for someone to leave. All in all, it was a fabulous experience!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Kim · Married on 09/07/2013

The food was well seasoned and the staff was very attentive. It was a beautiful reception. Thanks!

Sent on 09/21/2013

Tiffany · Married on 05/26/2012

Calhoun's was great! We went with their heavy hors d'oeuvres menu (I believe it was called the City Lights menu?) and it was a huge hit with our guests. There were enough food options to keep everyone happy and to act as a meal without being too filling. It was also very reasonably priced. They provided linens for the serving tables (which saved us from having to rent them) and for only $1 more per plate they cut and served our cakes. My favorite part: they packaged the leftovers for us to take home instead of throwing everything away. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/24/2012

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2011

We used Calhoun's catering for the rehearsal dinner at our church and it was delivered promptly. The food was delicious and everyone enjoyed it. The price was pretty cheap for catering, and if you are on a budget, then this is definitely a way to save some money for the groom's family.

Sent on 06/07/2011

Calhoun's did an awesome job. Always plenty of food, and the service is always great. I would recommend that to anybody for any event.

Sent on 06/30/2014
  • MissiRawks

Missi · Married on 06/28/2008

Debbie & the girls and Phillip were such a great help in getting my reception set up and were so flexible with my menu...I chose the traditional catering menu for my wedding, but wanted to have the corn pudding and they easily adjusted that for me. The reception space was just beautiful and the food was sooooooooooo good...the little bit I got to eat...the day went so fast, but Calhouns on the River helped make my wedding day so beautiful and memorable! Thank You!!

Sent on 10/01/2008

Mickey · Married on 08/08/2017

We had our reception at Calhouns Catering in Galinburg, Everything was great, food was hot and fresh. They were responsive to our questions in a timely manner. The only problem I saw was we had a buffet, there were no salad plates only the large plates. I think there should have been at least a smaller plate for salads, so that guests did not have to put salad on the plate with their entrée. We also paid for a bar set up and the bartender could have used some help with drinks. He was a little slow getting drinks ready. Not sure if he was new or what, but he was very customer oriented even if slow.

Sent on 08/19/2017

Angela · Married on 09/24/2011

Very courteous, helpful and attentions. Excellent food.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Lindsay · Married on 01/21/2006

We had a wonderful experience at Calhoun's! The catering department was always prompt in returning phone calls and arranging to meet with us. The prices food food and drink were reasonable. Because we got married during the off-season, they dropped the room rental charge! They set up everything for us the day of the wedding and it look beautiful! They were happy to work with out DJ and florist and just easy to work with in general.

Sent on 07/24/2008

3.5

Calhouns was great! They were very accommodating and the food was amazing! Everyone loved the catfish and sweet tea.

Sent on 06/18/2013

3.0
      3.5

Grand daughter's wedding (8/23/2014) Beef kabobs, grilled chicken, spinach maria, rolls were terrific. I didn't try the green beans, or mashed potatoes. The mac-n-cheese was blandand chewy, not very much flavor. I would recommend Calhoun's for another catering job, with maybe a few different side options (keep the spinach).

Sent on 08/25/2014
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/01/2018

1.0
      2.0
      2.0
      0.5

Patty is the absolute rudest person I had to deal with during this wedding process. She completely ruined my reception with her attitude and she was apparently rude to my guest before I even showed up... If you use Calhoun's ask for someone different because this girl is not who you want running the show (even though she is the GENERAL MANAGER!!)

Sent on 09/13/2018

Alicia · Married on 07/02/2016

0.0

Patty, from Gatlinburg Calhouns, and her two rude employees ruined my reception! She will lie to you while smiling in your face! They cleared my guests plates and didn't supply any additional plates for them to return to the buffet. They picked up and left my reception when they told me "don't worry about anything, we are here for you," because we were 45 mins later than our timeline! I offered to pay her for the additional hour right then and she said, "no worries, I'll email you an invoice!" She lied! Very unprofessional and rude to all of my guest! Go somewhere else for your catering needs. If you choose Calhouns, go meet Patty in person. You can see through her fake smile!!

Sent on 07/12/2016