Calamigos Ranch in Malibu Reviews

Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 7
  • Cassie

Cassandra · Getting married on 10/24/2020

Excellent Service

I am a wedding planner and love working at Calamigos. Their hospitality is completely on par with orchestrating a beautiful wedding. They take special care of the bride and groom as well as each guest. I cannot say what a breathe of fresh air it is to work at a property I know my clients will be well taken care of.

Sent on 09/13/2019

Taylor · Married on 06/14/2019

Simply amazing!

Our special day was just magical and planning it with the venue was so easy and they always emailed us back in a timely manner. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 07/06/2019
    Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 8
    Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 9
    Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 10
    Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 11
    Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 12

Kara Kaprielian · Married on 04/05/2019

Amazing experience!!

Cindy and her team at Calamigos really pulled through for our wedding at the Beach Club! Our event was the first after the Malibu fires so we weren't too sure what to expect, but the team made the day work out perfectly. Everything was beautiful and couldn't have worked out better. All of the staff at Calamigos was also fantastic.. highly recommend!!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Andrew · Married on 06/30/2018

We had our wedding at Calamigos a week ago and are still having a hard time believing how well it all came together, in large part thanks to the service of the Calamigos staff. Everyone from the servers and bus people to the front office staff provided top notch service (special shout outs to Cindy on the wedding side and Kristi on the hotel side, simply amazing).
    We were married at the North Point Pavilion, which was a gorgeous venue. We had great prep rooms prior to the ceremony which certainly was a huge benefit to my wife. The lighting in the afternoon was phenomenal, and there were a large variety of places we took amazing pictures, including in little forests, in front of the Ferris wheel and in the grape vines.
    For the reception, we did a cocktail hour, during which we took family photos while our guests started the party, with passed apps. The staff for food service was great, and everyone really seemed to enjoy their meals (we did the mid-priced option with a steak, chicken and veggie options - I had the steak which was cooked well, but the veggie one was truly awesome, some sort of risotto thing that my wife got that was surprisingly rich and satisfying).
    We used a day-of coordinator (Annette of Simply Natural Events, who was great and had an easy going but organized staff). We all used Jenny Smith for photos, Wave Form Entertainment for DJ, Press Films for videography and Exotic Green Gardens for our florist - would recommend th

Sent on 07/08/2018
    Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 13

Natalie · Married on 03/24/2018

We had our wedding at the Malibu Cafe. It is beautiful. We picked it because it was already nice there without having to add too many decorations. The staff was very helpful the day of. Everyone thought the food was great! Only drawback is this is a public restaurant and can get crowded, so something to keep in mind if you can’t rent out the whole restaurant.

Sent on 04/12/2018

Poppy · Married on 01/07/2018

We got married in the Birchwood Room (their smallest spot) and I cannot begin to describe how beautiful this venue is. Our guests are still gushing about it! From the moment we arrived at Calamigos, we knew this was the place for us. You get the gorgeous outdoor vibe without actually having to work out how to lug a bunch of wedding items into the wilderness. We didn't have any flowers (not even a bouquet) because it really didn't need it. There's a damn waterfall as a background for the ceremony - who can top that? Our contact Nicole was amazingly responsive and helpful (and if you happen to need help on your person's day off all the other staff are more than happy to help). You might initially feel a little sticker-shock but, as a previous reviewer mentioned, basically everything is included, so it ends up being pretty reasonable. They even do discounts for Jan/Feb weddings and in SoCal that's still totally fine (especially since they have heat lamps). The benefit of most everything being included was that everything runs like a well oiled machine - the food was amazing (not to mention hot and on time) and the drinks flowed freely. At the end of the night my new husband and I stayed at the hotel on the property, which was not only luxurious but greatly simplified the end of the evening for us. It is a little bit out of the way - roughly an hours drive for most of our guests - but Uber and Lyft were pretty reasonable and remarkably fast at getting there for everyone. Do yourself a favor and check out the venue if you can - you'll fall in love the moment you get there.

Sent on 01/17/2018
    Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 14
    Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 15
    Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 16
    Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 17
    Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 18

Satisfied · Married on 01/05/2018

I had my wedding at Calamigos and it was everything I ever dreamed of! The office was super responsive and attentive to all of my questions (there were a lot). The site itself is so beautiful and they even connected me with the great planners at DB Creativity so I could enjoy my big day, which I did! The food and drink were wonderful and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent on 03/09/2018

Life · Married on 05/29/2016

For 2016 year Life.Film team was filming 4 weddings in Calamigos Ranch- one of the most popular wedding venue in Malibu.

The Ranch has a unique vibe of the hidden forest full of waterfalls, trees and beautiful flowers. Calamigos Ranch has several rooms - depends of how many guest you are expecting.

What we really like about the Calamigos Ranch as a wedding vendors - is the great event manager respond to our requests-very professional!!!

The venue has own resort which is the plus for bride and groom who want to get ready there.

For the pictures and videos the venue has a plenty of very cute bridges, trails and romantic spots.

Life.Film definitely will recommend Calamigos Ranch for every couple who are looking for a romantic wedding event.

Sent on 10/17/2016

An absolutely breath taking venue. It was my first choice and I'm so happy I went and saw it in person. It is so amazing and a gorgeous place to step away from reality and into your own world.

Sent on 02/18/2015

Kat · Married on 03/05/2016

I have produced several weddings over the years at Calamigos Ranch. Their venue options are beautiful. each venue accommodates a multitude of weddings from small and intimate to larger scale weddings. I have always felt i have had great support with the staff from office to maintenance. The mountain air, waterfalls and beautiful trees always make my clients and guests feel like they are far away from the city without actually leaving the city. Malibu is home to Calamigos and is a destination unto itself, even to locals. The landscape of Calamigos Ranch is constantly maintained and is the epitome of rustic romance. Hands down one of my favorite wedding spots in Los Angeles.

Sent on 03/09/2018
    Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 19
    Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 20
    Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 21
    Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 22

Elena · Married on 08/28/2015

This was our second venue we found and we fell in love with it as soon as we did. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. Dreamy, rustic, romantic, and relaxing..everything we wanted. The service was great, everyone is so nice and helpful, communicated great with me through the entire process, and answered any questions we had. Reminded us when things were needed or due, and I never had a problem with them. We got married at The Oak Room, while all the different areas were beautiful, this was the most fitting for us, and it was so unreal. The venue has a lot included with the prices, but it definitely is not a cheap place. It was completely worth it though, the dinner buffet was delicious, not a single thing I did not like. The service for the wedding party through the night was way more then what i expected. Served us drinks all night, and made sure we had everything we needed...Not only did we do our Ceremony & Reception here, we also rented "The Island" for our rehearsal dinner, which was so romantic, secluded, and again, the food was delicious. Calamigos is amazing, and gave us the greatest memories of our life. Highly Recommend.

Sent on 09/11/2015

Susan · Married on 11/22/2014

Amazing venue. The staff, the food, the atmosphere was perfect. It's one of our favorite places for wine and relaxation so getting married at Calamigos Ranch started us off and makes it more "ours" now. Romantic, fun and just perfect. They do it right!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Emilie · Married on 10/11/2014

Stunning venue, helpful staff, everything was great! We worked mostly with Samantha Douglas, who was very easy to communicate with and always answered my emails within 1 business day of receiving them (usually in even less time than that!). As far as day of-- Our friends and family can't stop talking about how beautiful the setting was. The staff was amazing and took great care of us (my beer glass was never empty!). I know that this is a venue that is almost exclusively for weddings but I never felt like we were "just another wedding" to them. Thanks Calamigos!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Brittaney · Married on 10/10/2014

Calamigos Ranch is absolutely gorgeous! You will not be disappointed with how beautiful this venue is. My guests could not stop saying how they felt like they were in a fairy tale come to life and I felt the same! It was beyond a dream come true!
    Working with Samantha and Nicole was outstanding. They were professional, kind, understanding, and prompt. They are masters at what they do! On the night of the reception, the staff was incredible. They were attentive, quick, and thorough. They run a tight ship!
    The lights used throughout the ranch make it magical and I love the rustic feel. We used a lot of handmade decor, including a book arch, vanity, and paper flowers to incorporate our theme and look but you do not need much to dress it up!
    Everyone enjoyed their dinner. My husband and I were especially excited about the black kale salad. I wish we could have spent a little more time tasting everything, but receptions move quickly!
    One extra little pro - if there is space available you can explore the grounds and take photos in other locations, even your engagement photos! We found some rather stunning spots!
    It had been noted that it is a little pricey, and that may seem true, but keep in mind that Calamigos provides all tables, chairs, flatware, linens, food set up and clean up, 3 hours open bar, valet, lighting, coffee and tea, extra tables (gifts, guest book, etc), and a picturesque evening. When you add all that up, it's very affordable, especially for the area. We were very budget conscious and made it work!
    My husband could not be happier with our wedding day and Calamigos Ranch helped to make it all the more special!

Sent on 10/27/2014
  • Y

YULI · Married on 09/14/2014

FABULOUS VENUE, CARING STAFF, THEY MADE OUR WEDDING A MAGICAL EVENT !!! THANK YOU CALAMIGOS

Sent on 09/18/2014

Amanda · Married on 09/07/2014

Our wedding was like a fairytale- thank you, Calamigos!

Sent on 03/02/2015

Aurora · Married on 08/03/2014

My husband and I have been visiting Calamigos Ranch for years, and when he proposed, the obvious choice where to get married was Calamigos Ranch. We were marriend in the "main dining room" which is now called "the Redwood Room". We could have not asked for a better place/setting. The chandeliers, waterfalls, fireplace just made our entire night absolutely unforgettable. We wanted a romantic-but-simple feel to the day, which was so easy to obtain with this venue. Since our wedding, so many of our newly engaged friends have asked about this place as they would love to host their wedding there. LOVE everything about this place, staff, food, location. btw, the staff is amazing!! Samantha is the best!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Darcy · Married on 07/25/2014

Wow, we got married at "The Oaks" at Calamigos Ranch, and it was magical. There aren't any words to describe how beautiful the trees, the waterfall, the lights and all other strategic details around the ranch are. We will never hear the end of how amazing this venue was from our guests. It was probably the hottest day of summer unfortunately, so it was a quite hot even with all of the shady trees, but that's something that is out of anyone's control. Despite the heat, everybody had a wonderful time and loved the food and location. It's also nice that the ranch is so large that there are several great photo opportunities not only in the location of your ceremony, but also in areas around the location. There are four different venues within Calamigos to choose from, which is awesome too. We are still debating which part of the day was the prettiest - daytime, dusk or nighttime. Calamigos made sure to make their venues gorgeous during every moment of the day. The staff was friendly, easy to work with and professional. I highly recommend Calamigos Ranch!!

Sent on 09/05/2014

Awesome venue!!! 5 out of 5 stars because our wedding went off without a hitch. I do think it's fair to warn people that the tasting only happens a few times a year and is a group event on a weekday. That would be the only non positive thing I'd have to say, but it wasn't even that bad. Food was amazing, staff was very helpful, and the setting was perfect. 5 out of 5 stars!

Sent on 08/14/2014

Ariyani · Married on 02/26/2014

We absolutely loved having our wedding at Calamigos Ranch - The Oaks location. We lucked out in two ways...(1) They did renovations on the waterfall and patio from the time we saw it and to wedding day --they made a grander, breathtaking waterfall and an extended patio that could fit 4 times more guests than we had and (2) it started to drizzle in the morning of our wedding and Calamigos (even with their raining day policy) offered us to move to their Grand Hall (an indoor venue) with no extra charge! We loved our venue too much so we took the chance that it would not rain for the ceremony...and it didn't! The venue was beautiful, yes, the food was delicious, yes, but the service was spectacular. They are a great place to celebrate your wedding you will absolutely love how it turns out. They are truly professional and genuinely caring to make sure your day turns out to be the best for you.

Sent on 03/01/2014

Lacee · Married on 11/17/2013

As my 2nd wedding anniversary is rapidly approaching I felt compelled to write a review because of how much of a dream my wedding was. Calamigos is the most beautiful venue and they have the most amazing staff to insure your day is absolutely perfect. When my husband and I look back on our day there is not a single thing we would change. I can not say enough about this venue. The food is amazing, the location is perfect, their vendors are the best. Our wedding was absolutely a dream come true for us because of the wonderful Calamigos staff and our coordinator Erin Bagaason who went above and beyond insuring my day ran smoothly. Thank you Calamigos for making my wedding day dreams come true!!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Calamigos was amazing! There's not much more you can do to Calamigos. It's already so beautiful. Great customer service. Everyone was very accommodating. They let me store my generous amount of decor overnight and let my lighting guys come in earlier to set up. I'm very happy with how everything looked. If I could do it over and over, I would choose Calamigos every time!

Sent on 11/16/2013

Kimmy · Married on 07/27/2013

Nicole and team from Calamigos Ranch did an excellent job for my wedding! They were very thorough and responsive to any and all my questions! Plus, this location (all the sites) is BEAUTIFUL and I am so happy that I chose this site for my wedding!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Beth · Married on 06/21/2013

Thank you doesn't even give justice to how much my husband and I appreciate having had the opportunity to hold our wedding at Calamigos Ranch. Calamigos was the FIRST and ONLY venue we looked at for our June wedding. The minute we walked on site, we were greeted from all of their friendly staff with smiling faces.

We booked our wedding at the Ranch House which is absolutely beautiful and almost like your very own secret garden. It has almost been a month since our wedding and I still receive DAILY phone calls that we had a gorgeous and enchanting wedding.

We give so much credit to Calamigos for making our day nothing less than perfection! The grounds were absolutely immaculate and we were able to turn the Ranch House into our own personal home which gave our wedding such a personable and intimate feeling; something I've never experienced before at this level.

Prior to the wedding, the entire staff I worked with was very pleasant and always willing to answering any and all of my questions. They were great about sending helpful reminders along the way which really makes a difference when you are in touch with so many vendors!

We all know you don't go to a wedding to expect a fabulous meal. However, I was shocked at how delicious everything tasted! We were not able to make it to the tasting that was held so we went into our meal selection blind. We highly recommend the prime rib, salmon, and mushroom ravioli! During cocktail hour, the bridal parties had to finish photos and the staff continued to impress us when they went out of their way to find us. They made sure we ate the appetizers and our glasses were full of champagne!

We HIGHLY recommend Calamigos Ranch and we will forever consider ourselves the lucky ones that we were able to say "I DO" at the most beautiful venue I've ever seen!!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Our wedding turned out amazing! We got married at the garden patio/ main dining hall. It was so beautiful. Literally every guest commented on the venue and how beautiful it was.

Sent on 07/15/2013