Calamigos Equestrian Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• MICHELLE

MICHELLE DELGADILLO · Married on 11/21/2018

Absolutely Amazing

My daughter was suppose to get married 11-18-18 at Calamigos Ranch in Malibu.On 11-17-18 we were told we could not due to road closures due to the fires.We had to contact 150 guests the day before and Garrett, son of owner of Calamigos in Malibu and his father and wonderful staff relocated us to The Equestrian in Burbank. Every staff member was amazing and very professional. The food, the decor and our coordinator (Kat) were amazing. Would i go back or refer to either location absoulutely. She didnt have her first dream in Malibu but this was pretty close and hope to capture photos up there she didn't get but we are soooo thankful for all they did. They for sure are a class act.

• Michelle

Michelle Delgadillo · Married on 11/18/2018

Amazing and very professional

My daughter was suppose to get married at Calamigos Ranch in Malibu 11 18 18 and was told 111 17 18 it was not going to happen due to the roads closed due to the fires. They were so so so great at setting us up in Burbank and the staff, food. Coordinator (Kat ) and Cindy were all amazing and i would. Definately come back and recommend to anyone. Thank you all at both Calamigos. The Delgadillo's/Garza's

Kristin · Married on 05/20/2017

Calamigos Equestrian was an amazing wedding venue (married March 2017)! My husband and I were blown away by how beautiful our wedding ceremony was in the Equestrian Terrace with all of the flowers and greenery that are part of the venue. The Equestrian Ballroom was the perfect size for our 200+ guests. From planning to the wedding day itself, the staff was professional and such a pleasure to work with.

The food is amazing!!! The tasting event was a fun way to choose what appetizers and entrees to have at the wedding. We also got some other ideas from the event, including a cappuccino bar and chocolate fountain, both of which were a huge success! The catering service and food along with the open bar was incredible and impressed all of our guests.

The vendors that the venue recommended were all fabulous. We loved our cake from Portos, which looked beautiful and tasted delicious. My Wedding Blooms Flowers by Kerim were stunning and blew everyone away! Bruce made the most gorgeous seating arrangement sign that was so much better and creative than I originally envisioned.

We were SO happy with Calamigos and recommend this venue to anyone who wants a beautiful wedding with amazing food and great service! We can’t recommend this venue highly enough!

Vaudrey · Married on 04/29/2017

This place is truly BEAUTIFUL. It's this lovely green oasis in a fairly industrial/commercialized neighborhood. Mike was very kind and accommodating. I couldn't believe how low the package costs were - - seriously it is one of the best values I came across in my (very thorough) venue search. We ended up booking elsewhere because we had to stick to a specific date and my fiancee is weird about not liking horses :) HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

shanna · Married on 04/14/2017

Delish food, accommodating staff and great place for my nieces wedding. Everyne enjoyed themselves

• Tonee

Tonee · Married on 02/11/2017

This place was beautiful, convenient, and had great packages to offer! Kathy (operations manager) was great with helping me plan the wedding!

Eric · Married on 10/08/2016

We got married here in early October. The quick summary: Everything went off without a hitch and we would highly recommend Calamigos Equestrian for anyone else looking for a wedding venue.

Our main point of contact at the beginning was David - he gave us the run down of all of the different wedding areas available and the packages they offered. After some discussion and time to think over our options, we ended up going with the Grand Prix Ballroom and Terrace for our reception and ceremony.

David and Kathy (the Operations Manager) were both very easy to work with. We kept waiting for some of the "nightmares" that we had heard other couples had with their venues - promises not being kept, poor communication, terms being changed, any of that. But none of that ever came up with Calamigos. They were always prompt with answering our ridiculous questions and were very on top of their game.

The tasting event they held of us to help us choose our food options was a very pleasant surprise. We had our fill of a good selection of their catering menu, and some of the special add-ons (donut bar, candy bar, etc.) were also set up for us to try out. We actually ended up using the donut bar at our wedding because of this. We ended up choosing the prime rib as our main entree and were not disappointed - it was as good on the wedding day as it was at the tasting.

The ceremony and reception went off perfectly the day-of. Our guests were all very pleased with the food and the service, and quite a few of them were also surprised as how nice the venue turned out to be (They kept expecting it to be like a ranch/farm because of the name.)

Here are the main reasons we ended up choosing Calamigos for our venue:
    - Free and easy parking (hard to find in LA)
    - Good food
    - Any and all food has to go through Calamigos. Some might find this disadvantageous, but we didn't want to have to deal with finding a caterer and making sure they had everything they needed to get set up at a

Megan · Married on 08/06/2016

We had our ceremony at the equestrian terrace, and our reception in the adjoining ballroom. The food was FANTASTIC. The whole day was beautiful. Our banquet captain made sure the night ran flawlessly. We had a plated meal with some food allergies, and there wasn't one issue with any of it! Everyone was taken care of wonderfully. Michael, Kathy and David were also great during the planning process. They were available and attentive to our every need leading up to wedding day. You can't go wrong with this venue!

Eric · Married on 08/15/2015

Calamigos Equestrian was the perfect venue for our wedding. From the beginning, they were the perfect mix of friendly and professional. After deciding on The Little White House for our ceremony and the Polo Room for our reception, Calamigos was very responsive to all of our questions and requests. We returned for their open house to show relatives the space, and then again for the menu sampling, where everything was delicious (make sure to come very hungry!!) We loved the Little White House and courtyard for our ceremony and the house's AC was so nice, as well as the water and mister fans they provided for all of our guests outside. Our reception was flawless. We had a sweetheart table with a great, dedicated server, and feedback from our guests was that their tables were also attended to incredibly well. Overall, I highly recommend Calamigos Equestrian to anyone looking for a quiet, private, awesome wedding just outside of downtown LA!

We chose calamigos for our wedding venue and could not have been more happy with the way everything turned out. The food was AMAZINGLY delicious and the service was wonderful! I also highly recommend booking their day-of coordinator. Steven did such a great job ensuring we were well taken care of!

Jeffrey · Married on 06/06/2015

I loved this venue. From the sampling dinner to the final rehearsal, they were quick and communicative throughout the entire process. On the wedding day everything was absolutely perfect. We got rave reviews from everyone. Very highly recommended.

Lauren · Married on 11/14/2014

The food was excellent, the venue beautiful, the staff attentive, but the one thing that really stuck out for us was the professionalism and attentiveness of our appointed coordinator STEVE! Steven was amazing. I can not say enough good things about him. He is so good at what he does. If you can, make sure you get him as your coordinator. Abigail was also extremely wonderful and deserves a special mention. Thank you to everyone at Calamigos who made our day what it was.

There are not enough words to express our sincere gratitude for Calamigos Equestrian and their staff. This vendor is not just a vendor but a part of our lives, and working with them was a complete pleasure. Abigail, Mike, David, and Steven all played their roles helping us get situated and went above and beyond on multiple occasions. We are very grateful to Calamigos Equestrian and they definitely earned our trust and respect. Thank you staff for your patience and helping us navigate the wedding path. We loved the The Little White House, the roaming horses, and the beautiful Polo Room. All of our guests raved to your attentiveness during the reception and Steven's attention to detail. Great Job!!!

Noelle · Married on 08/23/2014

From the moment we met Brianna at Calamigos Equestrian for a walk through, I was in love with the place and the people who worked there. As an equestrian, the setting was perfect for my wedding- I was in heaven. The Little White House was the perfect size for my guests (180), and beautifully shaded from the summer sun at a 5:30pm ceremony. The reception started with cocktails on the Equestrian Terrace and moved into the Equestrian Ballroom for dancing the night away. Cocktail Hour was flawlessly executed- the bars were set up well to allow for a good flow of people, the food was beautiful and delicious, and the servers were attentive.
    The ballroom was set up perfectly- the tables were exquisite and well spread out. I love that we could set up lounge furniture in the back for guests to sit on- people didn't have to just sit at their tables, they were free to move around and sit where they please when they weren't dancing.
    The staff is wonderful to work with- Abigail is throrough and thoughtful. Stephen took care of my every need during the reception. This team is top notch! I recommend this gorgeous setting to anyone!

About 10 minutes into the reception my husband looked at me and said "This was totally worth every cent".

Leane · Married on 05/18/2013

My husband and I fell in love with Calamigos at first glance. We really liked the idea of everything happening in one spot and knew this was the place for us. The staff was professional from first meeting all the way until the end of the reception. The food was fantastic and we received many compliments on the food. Our reception was held in the Polo Room which has a large size bar with outside patio area. Before we were announced to our guests we were given a few moments to ourselves with appetizers and drinks since we were not a part of our cocktail hour. During the reception my husband and I were continually asked if everything was ok and the staff got us whatever we needed. I knew I would never get any time to get to our lovely desert table and the staff gathered some in a box to go back to the hotel...amazing! We were married at the Little White House..great setting. We could not have asked for a better day!

Shari · Married on 04/13/2013

Calamigos is a Beautiful venue, it is a jewel hidden in Burbank. All our guests loved the venue and the atmosphere. Everyone who works there is so nice and a pleasure to work with. The day of our wedding the banquet manager was so attentive and made sure everything went smooth and made sure we were happy every step of the way. The food there is delicious, both of us and our guests were so pleased with the quality and taste of the food.

Kristen · Married on 03/16/2013

PERFECT venue for my big day - I used the Polo Room for my reception, and the place was truly stunning! Virginia helped make my vision happen! Everyone was so complimentary from the bar service, food, and gorgeous decor - people even said it was some of the best food they had ever eaten! I cannot recommend this venue enough.

Monica · Married on 01/12/2013

My husband and I knew from the minute we toured the facility that Calamigos was the place we were going to have our reception because it just felt like home, and that was important to us because we wanted our guests and ourselves to be 100% taken care of, to relax, to enjoy and then dance the night away in celebration of the special day. They have beautiful venue options with three different rooms to choose from (our wedding was in the Equestrian Ballroom which was romantic, elegant, timeless and with a rocking dance floor), killer service, quality food and everything is included ranging from your food, to linens, to plates to cups to staff, food tastings, clean up/take down, bartenders/the cake and more (although bear in mind the cake that is included in basic in shape/size because of the arrangement they have with Porto’s Bakery, so if you want a more fancy design(which we did) than you will be paying extra for it), and warm and talented staff to help you every step of the way.
    The services are not inexpensive, however if you are a bride and/or groom that care about quality, want people who will help you with everything before and during the wedding, and want for you and your guests to be treated like royalty, then cut your budget in other places that you can, and invest with Calamigo’s. Lastly, a couple staff we would also like to recommend being in contact with are Virginia and David, they were super sweet and helpful, especially when we had to change our wedding date up 6 months due to our Church closing, and we will forever be grateful at how accommodating Calamigo’s was able to be when we went through that particular crisis. So, all in all, 10 out of 10 on service, class and overall experience and we couldn’t have imagined our wedding being anywhere else!

Samantha · Married on 09/15/2012

I had my reception here in the Polo room. I know I picked the perfect place to have my reception. The food was amazing and the place was beautiful. People kept telling me how much they enjoyed the food. Everything was on time, they never ran late. The servers were amazing as well. The front office was awesome. They are always patient and always there to answer your questions or help you in any way they can. I had a candy bar at my wedding and they handled everything. Every type of candy I asked for I received in a beautiful display. I loved every part of it. They do an amazing job. If you want great food, great people, and a beautiful location for you reception (or ceremony they do both!) go with Calamigos at the LA equestrian.

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 08/25/2012

It is my pleasure to write a recommendation for the place I decided to have my wedding. Although this place was a bit pricey and more expensive than the Universal Hilton (which was the other wedding venue our family considered due to access of Chinese food and location), we sealed the deal at this venue due to their supreme customer service and all around comfort and décor of the venue.

When I first saw this venue, I was a little turned off since the outside part before you drive in didn’t seem that modern looking so I was expecting to tell my fiancé that I do not want to have my wedding here. Long story short, as I was shown the other parts of the venue, I fell in love with its simple elegance. The Polo Room has such a romantic sweet feel to it and the ceremony spot The Little White House is simply adorable. Inside the house where we can get ready before the wedding is very classy. This place grows on you fast.

Furthermore, Virgina who handles the wedding operations was such a pleasure to work with and David was so kind to let us peek into our rooms and the Little White House every time I desired to stop without an appointment. On the day of the wedding, the food was delicious and all the staff are super professional. I actually ate all my food on my wedding day!!! The cake from Portos is another bonus! You get to choose and design your own cake like I did.

If you are looking for a unique venue in Burbank area, I highly recommend this place. We had about 145 guests only one of them said that they came to this venue before for a picnic. I also hired Virginia as o

I was beyond pleased with Calamigos! First off, the people working there have such awesome communication. You can go in and ask anyone a question. They know exactly who you are, the date of your wedding, and your most frequent requests. All of their wedding facilities are beautiful!! I happened to choose the Equestrian Terrace and Ballroom. I had my dream wedding in front of a waterfall and loved it! It was a nice, simple, and intimate wedding. The reception was just as gorgeous. Chivari chairs are provided as a part of the overall price which I loved since I know it costs extra to rent those chairs at other sites. The ballroom is elegant that I felt like I did not have to do much to it. A 3 hour open bar was more enough for my guests and everyone had a wonderful time! Almost forgot, the food was actually pretty good for a wedding! I actually wish I had a little doggy bag to take home with me since I did not get a chance to finish. I can not say how happy I was with Calamigos! I can not wait to attend another wedding there! Thanks Calamigos!!

Cheryl · Married on 08/12/2012

The Calamigos Equestrian Center does it all! We used the area with the Little White House for the ceremony for a gorgeous outdoor wedding. While my daughter, the bride, was getting ready, the venue supplied us with champagne, cheese and crackers, and iced water...The Little White House is air conditioned. By 6:00 pm the ceremony site is all shaded over by lovely large trees and guests are comfortable...even in the heat of August. Then, onto the outside of the Grand Ballroom where we had appetizers and drinks. The area is shaded and beautiful. The air conditioned Grand Ballroom easily accommodated our 250 guests and the dance floor was BIG (one of our requirements). The service was amazing. They attend to EVERY detail. The food was delicious. I was impressed that all the guests enjoyed their meals. They were served quickly and the food was hot. It is a perfect venue for a wedding and I highly recommend it. We looked at a LOT of places before we chose...and I am happy to say, "We chose the right place".

Shirley · Married on 08/11/2012

The Calamigos Equestrian is a beautiful venue! Not to get confused with the Calamigos Ranch in Malibu, but this is a quaint and adorable venue located in Burbank. They have several beautiful wedding ceremony and reception venues and is the perfect backdrop for anyone looking for a classic, elegant, and even rustic type of venue.

The Equestrian Ballroom is their biggest ballroom that can fit up to about 225 people and is gorgeous, with window to floor ceilings, chandeliers, and a bridal suite and restrooms that are all very close by and easily accessible. The food is also really great as is the staff, who are very attentive and detail-oriented. It makes wedding planning so easy and smooth. As a wedding planner this is one of the main things we look for in venues, a staff that is attentive, quick to response, and very thorough.
    Great venue, I highly recommend it for your next wedding or event!