Cakes'n Pearls Reviews

38 | Roanoke, TX

38 Reviews for Cakes'n Pearls

Michelle · Married on 03/05/2016

Gorgeous and delicious cake, very responsive and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 04/08/2016

Jen · Married on 02/20/2016

Cakes'n Pearls made our wedding cake and we loved it. We wanted a wedding cake with some golden highlights and Monica created this beautiful and elegant lace design that looked absolutely stunning. It was delicious, our guests loved it. Monica was nice and easy to work with and worked really hard for us. We definitely recommend Cakes'n Pearls!

Sent on 04/08/2016

EMily · Married on 10/03/2015

Monica was so easy to work with! She was quick to respond and very creative! She took our ideas to heart and provided the most beautiful and delicious cupcakes for our wedding.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Rhonda · Married on 10/03/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Monica of Cakes 'N Pearls! She did a beautiful job on a red velvet cake and 150 cupcakes for my daughter's wedding. We had been to several tastings, and when we tried Monica's cupcakes, we knew she was the right one! Her cupcakes are delicious, and the whipped frosting is light and tasty! Her artwork is fabulous! She made a chocolate cupcake with salted caramel frosting, topped with an absolutely realistic looking fondant sunflower. She also made red velvet cupcakes and a luscious lemon cupcake with raspberry frosting, topped with a macaroon. I ate way too many of these! Monica was utterly professional, arrived right on time, and created a beautiful display for us. She was very responsive to all of our questions and emails. We were so glad she was part of the big day! You cannot go wrong with Cakes 'N Pearls!

Sent on 10/16/2015
  • catherine

catherine · Married on 09/06/2015

Beautiful cakes, amazing to work with!

Monica from Cakes'n Pearls is incredibly talented - her cakes are STUNNING, and she is so lovely and communicative! People have not been able to stop talking about how gorgeous our cake was, and how delicious it tasted.

Sent on 02/28/2020

Cakes'n Pearls's reply:

Thank you so much Catherine for your kind words and for the opportunity to make this beautiful cake for you! I enjoyed making it immensely! I’m so happy you loved it!
    Monica
  • User5168814 · event on: 06/08/2015

The cake we tried was the white chocolate raspberry cheesecake, it was delicious and very nicely done.

Sent on 06/12/2015

Leann · event on: 06/08/2015

She took the time to put it in a box and make sure it would travel well. The cakes I was lucky enough to try were absolutely amazing. I would and have recommended her to others. Very talented!

Sent on 07/16/2015
  • User5178357 · event on: 05/10/2015

Cakes'n Pearls has endless intricate and beautiful designs for cakes and sugar flowers. Such a creative designer!!! Ever since I saw pictures on Facebook, I've looked forward to hosting an event where I could order them. Sadly, I live too many states away to get a fresh cake, but was ecstatic when I found out the sugar flowers could be shipped. The detail and color were just amazing so I spent the day showing them off to family and friends. If I convince my husband to fly to TX for a renewal of vows, I want Cakes'n Pearls to make our cake!

Sent on 06/15/2015

carmen · event on: 05/01/2015

Nom Nom Nom!!!!

SO GOOD!!! I don't go anywhere for cake unless its from here!!!

Their Strawberry cake is phenomenal!! I got it for my best friend for her birthday dinner-It was out of this world!!

But my true favorite has to be the classic white cake w/ chocolate frosting. The frosting is not sugary, you don't feel gross after eating it, and the cake is cooked perfectly and always fresh!!!

Want to impress your in laws or your boss??? Get a cake from here!
    Not only that, but the work details and finishing touch is a delight to the naked eye!!! I've seen and tasted some of her wedding cakes and they're out of this world!
    So either you have a birthday , a bridal shower, wedding, bar mitzvah, sweet 16,or any other special event this is the place to get your cake and your bakery needs!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Joanna · event on: 12/11/2014

Wonderful cakes,awesome taste.I will order again.

Sent on 06/10/2015
  • Lia

Lia Confair · Married on 06/27/2020

Enjoyed our cake!

We enjoyed our Eagles cake! It was super cute!!! Happy we went with cake n Pearl's!

Sent on 07/08/2020

Cakes'n Pearls's reply:

Thank you so much Lia! Congratulations! I hope you guys have a lifetime of love and happiness! Thank you for your kind feedback!

Jessica Andersen · Married on 05/18/2019

Excellent, artistic cakes!

Loved our experience with Cakes 'n Pearls. Her attention to detail, artistry and passion for cake decorating/making shines through her work! The cake was delicious and gorgeous.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Cakes'n Pearls's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica! It was an honor being part of your wedding! Thank you for your kind words!

Monica

Tommie · event on: 05/12/2018

2.6
      2.5
      2.0
      1.5
      2.5

Nice tasting cake, however DID. NOT get what we ordered or wanted, not close to what we expected. The Dow-Rod was visible in the cake when we picked it up. The cake was not anywhere close to the design presented to her and the sugar succulantss were same color as leaves so they all looked like leaves, we were NOT HAPPY. When we complained she refunded $25. I highly advise you SPECIFY what you want explicitly so you are pleased. The owner is nice and responsive and stays professional but not understanding as to why we were upset over the cake.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Cakes'n Pearls's reply:

Hi Lacey! Thank you for your feedback and I am so sorry you were not happy with your cake! I would like to mention a couple of things . The cake in the image you sent me had lots of flowers on it and a cake with that many sugar flowers would cost $300-$400 just in sugar flower work. Sugar flowers are labor intensive, each petal is individually cut, veined, ruffled and attached to the flower. They take many hours to create and that's why they cost. Your cakes cost was only $125 including the flowers and all the greenery on it! It's just not possible to get tens of sugar flowers and leaves and greenery for just $25. Even though a $25 refund may not sound like a lot of money, I think it is worth mentioning that it was a %20 value of your total cake cost. Another very important thing worth mentioning is that you refused the tasting consultation. This is the time where I sit down with each client and we discuss details of their cake and they taste at least three flavors.
    Again, I am so sorry you did not like your cake! I work really hard for my clients and I put my heart and soul into my work.