29 Reviews for Cakes ROCK!!!

User Photos
Diabetic (1)
Fresh Fruit (1)
Local (1)
29 Cakes ROCK!!! Reviews

My Grooms cake was the hit of the wedding! She did a beyond amazing job. It looked so much like a green egg that everyone thought it was fake plastic not a cake. It was PERFECT!!!!

Photo for Cakes ROCK!!! Review - Best Groom's cake ever!
Profile Picture REGINA, 3/16/19, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Let me just say, I wish Christy and I could be best friends. My husband and I really shouldn't be eating desserts anyway (lactose intolerance is no fun), and I have a history of preferring vanilla over chocolate. But then I came across Cakes Rock!!! at a wedding venue open house. Her vegan chocolate seriously changed my life, and she was also totally happy with doing a gluten free cake layer and regular, gluten and dairy-full cake layers.

The final products were complete hits. She pulled off Jason's NES cake perfectly, and the cakes were so tasty, people went back for seconds and thirds in order to try out the different flavors. We could not have done better with our cake choices!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 7/21/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Groom's Cake

Cakes ROCK!!! provided an amazing cake for our wedding. Everyone commented on how delicious the cake was; and it looked stunning!

Profile Picture Maura, 6/15/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Cakes

Hiring Christy from Cakes Rock was the best decision we made during wedding planning. In my mind, I knew what I wanted as far as the color palette and design, I told Christy everything that I wanted in the cake and of course choosing the flavors which by the way were out of this world good, very unique flavors that you won't probably find anywhere else. When I first saw our cake on our wedding day, I was speechless I think I cried a little by how beautiful this cake looked. Christy was able to put all of those details I gave her together and bring everything, the wedding cake of my dreams to life! I honestly didn't want to cut i, what a stunner our cake was. All of our guests, vendors and even strangers gave me so many compliments on it. Now the flavors that we chosed, wow I'm so glad we chosed caramel cake with maple pecan and amaretto, marble with chocolate and fresh straeberries and her white chocolate mud cake. Please do yourself a big favor and have Christy as your baker for your big day. You won't be disappointed. She is very friendly, funny, and above all, professional. Thank you Christy, for my amazing wedding cake!

Profile Picture Rebeca, 4/7/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Gluten Free, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Fresh Fruit
4.3

My husband and I chose Cakes ROCK for our wedding cake and our groom's cake. Overall, we're happy with our experience. We live out of state, so everything was done over email/text/phone. I scheduled the tasting when I was in town, and that was a lot of fun. My fiance was coming in a few days later and wouldn't be able to make the tasting, so Christy even let us take all of the leftover samples home so he could try them when he got in. After deciding to go with Cakes ROCK, we spoke with several of Christy's assistants to get the process going. I think it was a transitional time for Christy and her crew, so at times communication was off (the first assistant ended up leaving the company in the middle of the process due to personal reasons, and there were a few times we had to follow up with everyone to check on things), but overall, it was fine. Just before the big day, Christy and Shanna were great and communicated well with us. They delivered the cakes on time and it was great. We had an abstract concept for the wedding cake - our two colors airbrushed and met in the middle, with lace around the middle tier, and then quotes from nerdy movies all around it. Overall, it was perfect. A few of the quotes were off, and I didn't love some of the font choices, but Christy did explain that she had to go with that style of lettering (rather than hand-painting like we'd hoped) because of the airbrushing - it would have bled. Which is understandable. The groom's cake was UNC themed (husband is a Tar Heel fan), and it was perfect. The cake flavors were AMAZING. We went with 3 - maple bacon pancake, nutella with chocolate chip cookie dough, and pecan praline. Overall, we're very happy with how the cake turned out - it really was beautiful, and tasted awesome. Don't be afraid to stay on top of communicating with them, because they may take a bit to respond, but they will, and they'll always apologize for the delay. But again, overall, loved it. Thanks, Christy and Shanna!

Photo for Cakes ROCK!!! Review - Christy placing our personal cake topper!
Profile Picture Nicole, 2/18/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Christy did an awesome job with our cake for our Dec 8 wedding. It turned out beautiful and was delicious and we got alot of compliments from friends and family on it. Thank you again, Cakes Rock!

Profile Picture Sergio , 12/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Very pleased with my beautiful wedding cake and Grooms cake. This Georgia Bulldog fan makes one awesome Auburn Tigers cake! lol WAR EAGLE
Cakes tasted and looked amazing! Very pleased!

Profile Picture Morgan, 10/19/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

Our wedding cake was just delicious! The owner was able to accommodate our vegan needs, which made us love her business even more.. Highly recommend!! Christy completed our destination wedding..

Profile Picture Heather, 6/8/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Vegan, Cakes, Cupcakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Christy and her team created an incredible swinging cake of rose gold for my husband and I for our wedding! I had my florist give her a bucket of purple flowers to decorate it, and it was gorgeous! All of our guests were AMAZED at her creation and it was a huge attraction piece at our wedding! She will be doing our anniversary cake and recommended for anyone who asks for a baker for their event!

Profile Picture Coral, 5/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

BEST part of the wedding reception was the CAKE! Our cake was beyond what I expected, the colors, the design, and the taste blew me away. I adore Christy, she made it easy and no stress, working with her was a dream. We will forever order our cakes from Cakes Rock.

Profile Picture Marissa, 3/18/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Diabetic, Nut Free, Cakes, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake

Christy is absolutely awesome and great to work with! Her cakes are absolutely incredible in looks and taste! She made mine and my husband's cakes for our wedding and they turned out incredible! People were actually asking why we have a Yeti cooler sitting at the cake table (Groom's cake was an A&M Yeti cooler) If I were still in the Austin area I would always buy my cakes from her!:)

Profile Picture Amanda, 12/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Don't think about it, just hire CHRISTY. DELICIOUS CAKE, VERY EASY TO WORK WITH, AND FREE CAKE TASTING. I loved our cupcakes, grooms cake, and wedding cake. Thanks CHRISTY, Cakes do rock.

Profile Picture Lucia, 12/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake, Gluten Free, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

I have a laundry list of food allergies. No joke. Gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, tree nuts... I had just given up on a wedding cake. It's straight up not happening.

Enter Cake's Rock.

She was SO accommodating when it came to my allergies, I can't thank her enough. She made a top layer for us that was one of the best cakes I have ever tasted AND I didn't get sick at all on my wedding day after eating it. I got to eat cake on my wedding day, she made it even more special than it already was!!

Now, for all you not-allergic-to-everything people out there. Here's the part of the review that pertains to you. The cake was GORGEOUS. She listened to our vision and made it a reality, and honestly it turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined. The other two layers of the cake were all gluten-y goodness so I did not get to try them but to this day, three months after out wedding, my friends are STILL raving about the cake. To the point that it's kind of weird. Do people mention the booze, the steak or the dancing at my wedding in passing? Nope. The cake. I think eating that cake was some sort of transcendental experience for these people. Needless to say, it was delicious.

I highly recommend Cakes Rock for the allergy-ridden and allergy-free alike. She is fantastic and you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Leilani, 11/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Christy was wonderful to work with! I compared prices all over Austin and she is an amazing value! I tried quite a few cake shops within the same price per piece and Cakes Rock won me over on taste by a long shot! Her cakes are moist and delicious! Our guests couldn't stop talking about how tasty our cakes were. Christy enjoys baking and her passion shines through in her product. Beyond product, Christy is very flexible to work with and encourages creativity. Christy does her best to make the picture in your head become a reality within your price range. I highly recommend Cakes Rock!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 11/12/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

A fantastic experience! She took me on at the last minute and created a cake more beautiful than picture I provided. Amazing experience. And the cake was delicious to top it off.

Profile Picture Catrina, 10/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Christy did such an amazing job! From the process of cake tasting to the delivery of our wedding cake, she was absolutely the best!! The cake was so moist and the design was gorgeous. We showed her a picture of what we wanted and she exceeded our expectations! We will definitely refer her to friends and family!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

1. Christy's cakes are the most delicious cakes you'll put in your mouth! I've ordered cupcakes 3 times from her since for other special occasions.

2. Her decorating experience is legit. She'll create what you want. I gave her an idea of what I wanted & she ran with it. It was better then I could imagine!!

3. She was literally the most delightful person! Great energy & as sweet as her cakes!

4. Christy was, by far, the easiest & most pleasurable vendor I dealt with (and I planned the whole wedding myself so I REALLY know)!

Order your wedding cake from Christy at Cakes Rock!!! and you will be so happy you did!!

Profile Picture Jaime, 9/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Christy and her business Cakes ROCK!!! are absolutely phenomenal!

My husband and I met Christy at the Bridal Extravaganza in Austin when we were just beginning to plan our wedding. She was so enthusiastic that we immediately decided to make an appointment to attend a cake tasting at her home. The tasting was incredible. We felt so comfortable that we spent a few hours there--chatting, going over our flavor options, and selecting our desired cakes. Ultimately, our wedding cake was very simple--three tiers, buttercream icing, a few different flavor combinations. The groom's cake, however, was much more complicated. Christy assured us that she could accomplish it! Within a week or two we had a total cost for the cake, and we signed off on our contract.

I AM SO GLAD THAT WE DID! Both of our wedding cakes were AMAZING. Our guests raved about how gorgeous they looked and how wonderful they tasted. We were so happy with the results. Christy even posted photographs of the cakes on Facebook, and they received numerous likes and shares.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Christy!!! You are so talented and fun to work with. We look forward to working with you in the future!

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 8/19/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Groom's Cake

Christy is an absolute joy and ease to work with! I knew the second I met her and received such generous samples for tastings, that she was the person I trusted to make our wedding cake! It was absolutely delicious, she was prompt and a truly kind person to work with and make everything fall together so perfectly from the moment I asked her to make our cake up until our wedding day when she set it up! Her cakes not only look amazing but they taste amazing, everyone was impressed and there wasn't a single bit of our 6 tier cake left!! Absolutely recommend her to anyone and would love the opportunity to work with her again :) We did half the servings vegan (chocolate) and half non-vegan (vanilla), they were equally delicious and my mouth is watering just writing this review after the fact, yum!!!

Profile Picture Gabriela, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Kristy was easy to work with and did an amazing job at creating exactly what we wanted. Her cakes are so tasty, days after our wedding people were still talking about how yummy our cake was. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is looking for a wonderful wedding cake with an unforgettable taste.

Profile Picture laura, 6/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I had a beautiful wedding at the Austin Country Club this June and chose Cakes Rock to make all three cakes. Chrissy is the best of the best, no question about it. I am so not creative and came to Chrissy with vague ideas for my bridal shower cake, wedding cake and grooms cake. She took my ideas and made the most beautiful, most delicious cakes ANYONE at my wedding has ever had. To this day people still rave about her cakes. On top of it her prices are very competitive, if you aren't sure who you want to make your cake choose Cakes Rock and you will not be dissapointed! Thank you again Chrissy, you made my wedding spectacular!!! ????

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Christy is ideal for the couple who wants a cake that says something about who they are as a couple. I had hinted to her that my fiance was from Odessa and loved his boots and his hats. Well, that led to the most beautiful cowboy hat and lasso themed cake I ever saw. We chose red velvet--a decadent, delicious moist flavored cake that was almost too spectacular to eat (but we got over that in a hurry!). Good thing we did. But then it was hard to STOP eating it!

Profile Picture Dayna, 5/26/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Local, Cakes, Groom's Cake, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup

Book Christy! I am a master procrastinator and booked my cake and grooms cake literally a month before my wedding. Christy did say I was cutting it close but still made it happen! I don't suggest waiting until the last minute but the finished product was everything we expected and more. My guests could NOT get over the taste of the cake and received so many compliments on both my cake and groomscake. I will use her for any event we may need in the future because not only do they look fantastic, they taste GREAT!

Profile Picture Adriana, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Christy was absolutely amazing to work with. She designed our Bride and grooms cake and I must say they were above and beyond. We gave her a budget and some ideas to work with and we let her customize the cakes to her own uniquness. Truly a one of a kind artist who loves what she does. The cakes tasted like heaven too. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 4/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Christy is an artist! She made our wedding cake and cupcakes. We did a rustic cake with buttercream icing and pumpkin, lemon velvet, and chocolate pound cupcakes. Everyone loved all of it! Christy is very quick to respond and she cares about her customers. She came to deliver the cake and shows a true passion for her work. I highly recommend! I will definitely use her for future family occasion cakes as well.

Profile Picture Natalie, 4/16/16, 4 Reviews