Cakes ROCK!!! Reviews

30 | Austin, TX

30 Reviews for Cakes ROCK!!!

30 Cakes ROCK!!! Reviews

Ashley · Married on 08/11/2018

I have worked with Cakes ROCK!! for several events at our downtown venues, so when I needed desserts for our Wedding Celebration, I immediately thought of them. I can't express enough how amazing the desserts were. I picked all of my favorites, snickerdoodle cupcakes, Cheesecake Lemon Shooters (all time fav!), Churro- Cake Parfaits and the Raspberry Motley Chews. We got so many compliments and people asking who did the desserts. Wish we would have had some cards on the table to make it a bit quicker to give out their information ;)

Kimberly · Married on 07/21/2018

Let me just say, I wish Christy and I could be best friends. My husband and I really shouldn't be eating desserts anyway (lactose intolerance is no fun), and I have a history of preferring vanilla over chocolate. But then I came across Cakes Rock!!! at a wedding venue open house. Her vegan chocolate seriously changed my life, and she was also totally happy with doing a gluten free cake layer and regular, gluten and dairy-full cake layers.

The final products were complete hits. She pulled off Jason's NES cake perfectly, and the cakes were so tasty, people went back for seconds and thirds in order to try out the different flavors. We could not have done better with our cake choices!

Maura · Married on 06/15/2018

Cakes ROCK!!! provided an amazing cake for our wedding. Everyone commented on how delicious the cake was; and it looked stunning!

Rebeca · Married on 04/07/2018

Hiring Christy from Cakes Rock was the best decision we made during wedding planning. In my mind, I knew what I wanted as far as the color palette and design, I told Christy everything that I wanted in the cake and of course choosing the flavors which by the way were out of this world good, very unique flavors that you won't probably find anywhere else. When I first saw our cake on our wedding day, I was speechless I think I cried a little by how beautiful this cake looked. Christy was able to put all of those details I gave her together and bring everything, the wedding cake of my dreams to life! I honestly didn't want to cut i, what a stunner our cake was. All of our guests, vendors and even strangers gave me so many compliments on it. Now the flavors that we chosed, wow I'm so glad we chosed caramel cake with maple pecan and amaretto, marble with chocolate and fresh straeberries and her white chocolate mud cake. Please do yourself a big favor and have Christy as your baker for your big day. You won't be disappointed. She is very friendly, funny, and above all, professional. Thank you Christy, for my amazing wedding cake!

Sergio · Married on 12/08/2017

Christy did an awesome job with our cake for our Dec 8 wedding. It turned out beautiful and was delicious and we got alot of compliments from friends and family on it. Thank you again, Cakes Rock!

Sent on 02/07/2018
    Cakes ROCK!!! 1
    Cakes ROCK!!! 2
    Cakes ROCK!!! 3
    Cakes ROCK!!! 4

Cakes ROCK!!!'s reply:

Thank you so much! It was my pleasure creating your cake, & I appreciate you!

Morgan · Married on 10/19/2017

Very pleased with my beautiful wedding cake and Grooms cake. This Georgia Bulldog fan makes one awesome Auburn Tigers cake! lol WAR EAGLE
    Cakes tasted and looked amazing! Very pleased!

Sent on 10/31/2017
    Cakes ROCK!!! 5
    Cakes ROCK!!! 6

Cakes ROCK!!!'s reply:

Thank you so much for the opportunity to create your beautiful cakes! You & your whole family were a pleasure to work with the whole time. Many blessings to you! And Go Dawgs!!!

Heather · Married on 06/08/2017

Our wedding cake was just delicious! The owner was able to accommodate our vegan needs, which made us love her business even more.. Highly recommend!! Christy completed our destination wedding..

Coral · Married on 05/07/2017

Christy and her team created an incredible swinging cake of rose gold for my husband and I for our wedding! I had my florist give her a bucket of purple flowers to decorate it, and it was gorgeous! All of our guests were AMAZED at her creation and it was a huge attraction piece at our wedding! She will be doing our anniversary cake and recommended for anyone who asks for a baker for their event!

• Marissa

Marissa · Married on 03/18/2017

BEST part of the wedding reception was the CAKE! Our cake was beyond what I expected, the colors, the design, and the taste blew me away. I adore Christy, she made it easy and no stress, working with her was a dream. We will forever order our cakes from Cakes Rock.

Amanda · Married on 12/30/2016

Christy is absolutely awesome and great to work with! Her cakes are absolutely incredible in looks and taste! She made mine and my husband's cakes for our wedding and they turned out incredible! People were actually asking why we have a Yeti cooler sitting at the cake table (Groom's cake was an A&M Yeti cooler) If I were still in the Austin area I would always buy my cakes from her!:)

Lucia · Married on 12/02/2016

Don't think about it, just hire CHRISTY. DELICIOUS CAKE, VERY EASY TO WORK WITH, AND FREE CAKE TASTING. I loved our cupcakes, grooms cake, and wedding cake. Thanks CHRISTY, Cakes do rock.

Leilani · Married on 11/19/2016

I have a laundry list of food allergies. No joke. Gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, tree nuts... I had just given up on a wedding cake. It's straight up not happening.

Enter Cake's Rock.

She was SO accommodating when it came to my allergies, I can't thank her enough. She made a top layer for us that was one of the best cakes I have ever tasted AND I didn't get sick at all on my wedding day after eating it. I got to eat cake on my wedding day, she made it even more special than it already was!!

Now, for all you not-allergic-to-everything people out there. Here's the part of the review that pertains to you. The cake was GORGEOUS. She listened to our vision and made it a reality, and honestly it turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined. The other two layers of the cake were all gluten-y goodness so I did not get to try them but to this day, three months after out wedding, my friends are STILL raving about the cake. To the point that it's kind of weird. Do people mention the booze, the steak or the dancing at my wedding in passing? Nope. The cake. I think eating that cake was some sort of transcendental experience for these people. Needless to say, it was delicious.

I highly recommend Cakes Rock for the allergy-ridden and allergy-free alike. She is fantastic and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Cakes ROCK!!!'s reply:

Thank you SO much for your kind words, Leilani! It was my honor & pleasure to create your cake, & the fact that it made enjoying your wedding cake possible for you is, well, the icing on the cake for me! Does my heart good!

Lindsey · Married on 11/12/2016

Christy was wonderful to work with! I compared prices all over Austin and she is an amazing value! I tried quite a few cake shops within the same price per piece and Cakes Rock won me over on taste by a long shot! Her cakes are moist and delicious! Our guests couldn't stop talking about how tasty our cakes were. Christy enjoys baking and her passion shines through in her product. Beyond product, Christy is very flexible to work with and encourages creativity. Christy does her best to make the picture in your head become a reality within your price range. I highly recommend Cakes Rock!

• Catrina

Catrina · Married on 10/21/2016

A fantastic experience! She took me on at the last minute and created a cake more beautiful than picture I provided. Amazing experience. And the cake was delicious to top it off.

Lauren · Married on 10/15/2016

Christy did such an amazing job! From the process of cake tasting to the delivery of our wedding cake, she was absolutely the best!! The cake was so moist and the design was gorgeous. We showed her a picture of what we wanted and she exceeded our expectations! We will definitely refer her to friends and family!!!

Jaime · Married on 09/04/2016

1. Christy's cakes are the most delicious cakes you'll put in your mouth! I've ordered cupcakes 3 times from her since for other special occasions.

2. Her decorating experience is legit. She'll create what you want. I gave her an idea of what I wanted & she ran with it. It was better then I could imagine!!

3. She was literally the most delightful person! Great energy & as sweet as her cakes!

4. Christy was, by far, the easiest & most pleasurable vendor I dealt with (and I planned the whole wedding myself so I REALLY know)!

Order your wedding cake from Christy at Cakes Rock!!! and you will be so happy you did!!

Gabrielle · Married on 08/19/2016

Christy and her business Cakes ROCK!!! are absolutely phenomenal!

My husband and I met Christy at the Bridal Extravaganza in Austin when we were just beginning to plan our wedding. She was so enthusiastic that we immediately decided to make an appointment to attend a cake tasting at her home. The tasting was incredible. We felt so comfortable that we spent a few hours there--chatting, going over our flavor options, and selecting our desired cakes. Ultimately, our wedding cake was very simple--three tiers, buttercream icing, a few different flavor combinations. The groom's cake, however, was much more complicated. Christy assured us that she could accomplish it! Within a week or two we had a total cost for the cake, and we signed off on our contract.

I AM SO GLAD THAT WE DID! Both of our wedding cakes were AMAZING. Our guests raved about how gorgeous they looked and how wonderful they tasted. We were so happy with the results. Christy even posted photographs of the cakes on Facebook, and they received numerous likes and shares.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Christy!!! You are so talented and fun to work with. We look forward to working with you in the future!

Gabriela · Married on 08/13/2016

Christy is an absolute joy and ease to work with! I knew the second I met her and received such generous samples for tastings, that she was the person I trusted to make our wedding cake! It was absolutely delicious, she was prompt and a truly kind person to work with and make everything fall together so perfectly from the moment I asked her to make our cake up until our wedding day when she set it up! Her cakes not only look amazing but they taste amazing, everyone was impressed and there wasn't a single bit of our 6 tier cake left!! Absolutely recommend her to anyone and would love the opportunity to work with her again :) We did half the servings vegan (chocolate) and half non-vegan (vanilla), they were equally delicious and my mouth is watering just writing this review after the fact, yum!!!

laura · Married on 06/24/2016

Kristy was easy to work with and did an amazing job at creating exactly what we wanted. Her cakes are so tasty, days after our wedding people were still talking about how yummy our cake was. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is looking for a wonderful wedding cake with an unforgettable taste.

Sarah · Married on 06/18/2016

I had a beautiful wedding at the Austin Country Club this June and chose Cakes Rock to make all three cakes. Chrissy is the best of the best, no question about it. I am so not creative and came to Chrissy with vague ideas for my bridal shower cake, wedding cake and grooms cake. She took my ideas and made the most beautiful, most delicious cakes ANYONE at my wedding has ever had. To this day people still rave about her cakes. On top of it her prices are very competitive, if you aren't sure who you want to make your cake choose Cakes Rock and you will not be dissapointed! Thank you again Chrissy, you made my wedding spectacular!!! ????

Dayna · Married on 05/26/2016

Christy is ideal for the couple who wants a cake that says something about who they are as a couple. I had hinted to her that my fiance was from Odessa and loved his boots and his hats. Well, that led to the most beautiful cowboy hat and lasso themed cake I ever saw. We chose red velvet--a decadent, delicious moist flavored cake that was almost too spectacular to eat (but we got over that in a hurry!). Good thing we did. But then it was hard to STOP eating it!

Adriana · Married on 05/14/2016

Book Christy! I am a master procrastinator and booked my cake and grooms cake literally a month before my wedding. Christy did say I was cutting it close but still made it happen! I don't suggest waiting until the last minute but the finished product was everything we expected and more. My guests could NOT get over the taste of the cake and received so many compliments on both my cake and groomscake. I will use her for any event we may need in the future because not only do they look fantastic, they taste GREAT!

Tiffany · Married on 04/23/2016

Christy was absolutely amazing to work with. She designed our Bride and grooms cake and I must say they were above and beyond. We gave her a budget and some ideas to work with and we let her customize the cakes to her own uniquness. Truly a one of a kind artist who loves what she does. The cakes tasted like heaven too. Highly recommended!

Natalie · Married on 04/16/2016

Christy is an artist! She made our wedding cake and cupcakes. We did a rustic cake with buttercream icing and pumpkin, lemon velvet, and chocolate pound cupcakes. Everyone loved all of it! Christy is very quick to respond and she cares about her customers. She came to deliver the cake and shows a true passion for her work. I highly recommend! I will definitely use her for future family occasion cakes as well.

Deb · Married on 04/10/2016

Christy was such a pleasure to work with from the get-go! My wife and I had a negative experience with the cake company we originally planned to go with, therefore, we had to find someone else and came across Cakes ROCK and it was definitely to our advantage! Not only was the cake she made for us BEAUTIFUL but it was exactly what we had envisioned, and unlike some wedding cakes it actually tasted as good as it looked! Her price was also very competitive which was a plus! We received compliments on our cake from our guests even weeks after the wedding had passed! We received so many good reviews the night of our wedding that the day after our wedding we decided to go ahead and dig into the top layer that we were going to save for our anniversary ( because of course we didn't get to try much of during the wedding!) and wow we were glad we did!! That's ok, it just gives us an excuse to have her make us a fresh replica of it on our anniversary which we will absolutely do!! :-)

Sent on 05/05/2016

Cakes ROCK!!!'s reply:

Thank you so much for choosing me to create your cake, & I'm glad I could help in your time of need. I'm thrilled you were so happy with it! It was my honor.