Cakes Plus Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Cakes Plus 1
Cakes Plus 2

Megan · Married on 09/02/2018

Stress free easy going perfection

Chef Mario was a PLEASURE to work with and made our vision of our wedding cake a reality! Everything was perfect and our cake was the talk of the town!!

Sent on 03/25/2019
    Cakes Plus 3

Nisha · Married on 04/22/2018

I asked for special flavors and they came out wonderful. Everyone made comments about how great it was and how beautiful. Thank you. Also they set the cake up to travel from tampa to fort myers

Sent on 04/24/2018
    Cakes Plus 4

Eva · Married on 11/11/2017

Wow!!! The cake was gorgeous and it tasted just like it looked. Everyone at my wedding absolutely LOVED this cake. Thank you, Cake Plus!!!
    -Eva Berdeguer

Sent on 11/27/2017

Lizzette · Married on 08/25/2017

Thank you Nina Torres and her staff for the beautiful cake they made for our wedding. It was beautifully made with the colors I chose for our wedding .The cake had so much flavor and it was so moist it was delicious. I couldn't ask for a better bakery to make our wedding cake then Cake Plus in South Tampa.. Thank you Nina and Cake Plus Staff!!!

Sent on 09/04/2017
  • #MariandDonSayIDo

Mariveth · Married on 04/22/2017

Not only was our wedding cake gorgeous, it was delicious! Puerto Rican Rum cake is the way to go.

Sent on 05/05/2017

Gorgeous and delicious cake.
    The staff was great, and they came through like pros!

Sent on 03/23/2016

The cake design was beautiful and exactly what we wanted. We ordered the Pina Colada with pineapple filling and it was amazing. I highly recommend Cakes Plus.

Sent on 04/20/2015
  • Y

Yadira · Married on 11/29/2014

Nina and her staff are amazing!!! I had to have a traditional "Puerto Rican" flavor wedding cake (there is such a thing....and believe me it is amazing) and I was so happy to find Nina did these! Not only did the cake look amazing, but even my relatives from Puerto Rico commented on how incredible the cake was! And those who had never had it before went crazy over it. Everyone loved the cake so much, that we had none left over. Not a bad problem to have. I could not be happier with their services and quality. Amazing!!!

Sent on 12/07/2014

Oh my! I couldn't be happier. Mario took everything I was imagining and put it to life. I never once felt that I couldn't trust them with our cake. Every detail was perfect! We had a cake and cupcakes and pure deliciousness is what we experienced.

Sent on 11/14/2014
  • Edith

Edith · Married on 10/11/2014

My wedding cake was Amazing everything I ever wanted. Mario and his team out did themselves my cake was everything I ever wanted. THANK YOU

Sent on 10/24/2014

Paola · Married on 06/21/2014

Bride Review:
    Nina and her team made an absolutely stunning cake for my wedding last Saturday. The amount of detail put into this cake blew me away. Perhaps the best part of the cake was HOW DELICIOUS IT WAS!!! Wedding cake, in general, can be pretty boring and dry. Nina's cakes are fresh, buttery, and so, so unique! You could really taste the Amaretto and Brandi in the cake... divine!!

MOB Review:
    Nina, and Mario's experience shows, on the beautiful and tasteful cake that they made for my daughter's wedding. they were able to present the beach theme that my daughter wanted, in a very beautiful and delicate porcelain look cake. Everybody love it!!

Sent on 06/28/2014

Stan · Married on 05/03/2014

After trying several cake vendors, we were referred to Cakes Plus. We scheduled a tasting. It was by far the best I had ever tasted. When we were there, they were almost completely booked. They agreed to do the cake but could not deliver as they did not have any delivery available on our day. Since our venue was so close we decided to pick up. (Which I was very nervous).

After meeting with Cakes Plus, and discussing our team, she presented the idea of playing off the bow tie theme of the invites. The Cake was freaking gorgeous. Much better than expected. Her pricing seemed really high compared to the others we had met. But we decided the quality was worth the extra. I am so glad we decided on using Cakes Plus. Our cake was the best I had ever tasted. Most people don't remember a wedding cake, but people are still talking about ours. It was incredibly moist and seemed to get better over time. Everyone was raving about it all night. We came home with about 5 slices left.

Sent on 09/26/2014

Katie · Married on 04/05/2014

The cake was gorgeous and looked exactly how it looked in the picture but probably even better! The cake was absolutely delicious too!

Sent on 04/10/2014

Best cake ever!! The owners were very polite and extremely helpful. The specialty cake tastes amazing. I got compliments on it all night and everyone loved it so much we had no left overs. I will use Cakes Plus for every event I need a cake for.

Sent on 03/18/2014

Mario and his team did and wonderful job on our cake. When we went in to meet with Mario, he was able to draw up my invision and then made it an actual reality. It was amazing.

Sent on 07/03/2013

club · Married on 01/05/2013

Cakes Plus is a great place to order your cake. My wedding was small (about 30 people) and I worked with the owner to come up with the best design, size, and decor for the cake. She knew exactly what to suggest. The cake turned out to be beautiful and tasty. It was exactly how I wanted.

Sent on 01/06/2013

Jessica · Married on 12/01/2012

I absolutely LOVED my cake from Cake's Plus. It was beautiful and looked exactly like the picture I took into Nina. We went with her signature pound cake flavor - it was moist and so delicious! Can't wait to eat our top tier for our anniversary lol :)

Sent on 12/08/2012

We didn't have a traditional wedding cake at our reception, but I ordered a groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner. We had a baseball cap representing his favorite team. We went with their pound cake, and it was delicious! The cake easily served 30 people (with plenty left over) and cost around $200.

Sent on 09/01/2012

amanda · Married on 01/14/2012

Let me start by saying that for me the most important aspects of my wedding for me were my dress, my flowers, and my cake. I am an avid baker and had the exact idea of how I wanted my cake to look and taste like. Cakes Plus made me my dream wedding cake! When I had my initial consultation I explained sort of the idea I had in mind but it was hard to put it into exact words. Right there in front of me they drew up exactly what I was trying to describe, it was amazing. They suggested things that I had not thought of that ultimately made the cake perfect beyond words. They day of my wedding I was amazed at how gorgeous the cake was and most importantly...it was DELICIOUS!!!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Dede · Married on 03/27/2011

Mario did an amazing job on our wedding cake! We absolutely love the specialty pound cake and wanted to incorporate it into our wedding (we have been fans for years). Mario came up with a design that incorporated all our colors and the design from our invitations and stationary onto the cake. It looked amazing and tasted even better! We highly recommend Cakes Plus for any special event, especially the specialty pound cake. Jason and Dede Green, 3/27/11

Sent on 04/25/2011
  • Huda

Huda · Married on 03/12/2011

Mario was so easy to work with! And the level of craftsmanship and detail could not compare. The cake was THE most delicious I've ever eaten. Go with Cakes Plus! I recommend a thousand times!

Sent on 07/20/2011

Jessica · Married on 05/08/2010

BEST WEDDING I'VE EVER HAD and my guests agreed!

Sent on 05/28/2010

Alicia · Married on 03/27/2010

I cannot say wnough great things about Cakes Plus! Not only was the service great, (we worked with the co-owner...the son) but they really worked with us to make the biggest and best cake for our budget. The cake was UNBELIEVABLY good! I received so many compliments on the look and taste!

Sent on 06/30/2010

angeli · Married on 04/25/2009

It was perfect and exactly what I wanted. Everyone raved about it.The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing. It was the BEST cake I have ever had.

Sent on 09/29/2009

Joni · Married on 02/28/2009

We chose a red velvet cake for my daughter's wedding. It was beautiful and tasted delicious. Everyone loved the cake and had multiple pieces!!

The cake was delivered on time and was perfect. THANKS!!

Sent on 03/05/2009