Cakes by the Sea .inc Reviews

1 User photo

Cakes by the Sea .inc 1

Elizabeth Fegert · Married on 11/03/2018

Wonderful funfetti cake!!

The cake was amazing!! Both beautiful and tasty!

• Lucie

Lucie Lawrence · Married on 10/06/2018

Delicious!

We had a gorgeous wedding, but the one thing that our guests were raving about days later was the cake. WOW! We opted for a 3 tier cake with a few cupcakes for our relatives that have nut allergies, every single bit of it was gone by the next day!

Kris and her cake crew gave us great recommendations on flavor combinations, they were very accommodating.
    We live in St. Louis and were having a destination wedding in Ocean Isle Beach, so Kris was quick to respond to my emails and questions. She was sure to get us in to taste the cakes when we were in town a couple of months before the wedding just to make sure we were happy with what we were selecting.

I cannot wait for our one year anniversary for two reasons: celebrating with the love of my life that we have a year of marriage under our belt and eating the top tier of our AMAZING cake!!!

Kelly · Married on 09/23/2018

The 3 tier wedding cake was absolutely delicious. It was moist, flavorful and enjoyed by all. Delivered to our venue and set up on time!! I highly recommend this bakery!!
    The peanut butter cookies are awesome too!!

Nilda · Married on 09/07/2018

Perfect Design

Love love this place!!!! Delicious cupcakes and cookies too!!!! I found the perfect design here for my beach theme wedding!!!!! They offer great options on the fillings and great selections on designs. Friendly and professional staff.

Cakes by the Sea .inc 2

Amy · Married on 08/03/2018

I sent in a photo of the cake I wanted and it turned out exactly like it. The cake was delicious and they even delivered it for a very small fee.

Taylor · Married on 06/19/2018

Hands down some of the best cupcakes we have ever tasted. My family ranted and raved about how good they were and my husband and I agreed. Being out of state we had no idea what we were expecting and when our DJ (Jim from Elite Entertainment) recommended this company we said why not. But everything looked amazing and tasted fabulous. Thank you so much for everything!!!

Angie · Married on 10/07/2017

Could not have asked for a better bakery! I sent a picture of the wedding cake I wanted & they delivered it...not only the cake design but the quality of flavor & freshness! Very pleased!!

• Sandra

Sandra · Married on 09/30/2017

We loved this little cake shop. We came in to taste different flavors and were blown away by all the choices. Chris asked what we were looking for and really delivered. The cake tasted so fresh and looked perfect! It was delivered on time and with no mishaps. Great design, great flavors, and a great price. Thank you so much Chris for all your help!

• Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 09/02/2017

Cakes by the sea was very accommodating to our wedding cake & cupcake needs! The flavor was exquisite. Almost each guest told us how delicious the cupcakes were.

We had the marble cake with vanilla filling and it was amazing! The design they put on our cake plus the set up was beautiful and fit our coastal theme perfectly! I will order birthday cakes from them in the future!

Katie · Married on 10/24/2015

Cakes by the Sea and the ladies that work there were amazing. I came in overwhelmed with the idea of picking a cake, but they listened to my ideas and helped me create our wedding cake from a design they had on hand mixed with my ideas! It was absolutely beautiful and so us. It tasted phenomenal as well! Cakes by the Sea also created our groomsmen cake for the rehearsal dinner. When I gave her the idea I had (tackle box) she took it and ran. I sent her a few pictures as suggestions, but really gave her full reign on the creation. I was not disappointed. It came out amazing! So creative and full of detail! I would recommend Cakes by the Sea to everyone!

Cakes by the Sea made us a gorgeous and delicious cake. Wonderful product, easy to do business with. Thank you!!

Rhonda · Married on 09/19/2015

I was so happy with this place for my daughters wedding. She went with her now husband earlier to taste test , so when we went down for actual wedding I wanted to know what I was getting for my money so I went in and they let me taste anything I wanted . I was so surprised by all the different styles they had done , some very unique. They delivered to our reception site and even give our waiter at the restraunt where it was some of the extras in advance!! The only thing I had to do was return the cupcake stand the next day . I was very pleased and would definitely recommend them and I will stop by again ,they sell cookies in their store too, we bought them for our wedding party to enjoy while they were getting ready!

Cakes by the Sea made by beach themed cake... and it was amazing! It was a beautiful addition to the reception and tasted incredible. The two beach chairs on the top with a little Mr. and Mrs. cookie was a great change from the traditional bride and groom cake topper. If you are looking for a beautiful beach themed cake, Cakes by the Sea is the place to go.

Victoria · Married on 05/24/2015

Kris and her team were wonderful! My original cake baker fell through a couple of months before my wedding, and since my wedding was out of state, I wasn't able to go and meet her and do a tasting. However, they were extremely helpful on the phone, worked with the photos I sent, and were extremely affordable for a Bald Head Island delivery fee. Unfortunately, we made the mistake of not getting an extra tier to take home and the whole cake disappeared without us getting more than the ceremonial bite!! Oh well, great reviews from all the guests!!

We got a simple marble cake with netting design and sea shells. The cake was absolutely beautiful and very tasty. I just wish I got to eat more of it!

Danielle · Married on 04/25/2015

The best tasting cake ever! We went twice for tastings and each time Chris was extremely polite and helpful. She was honest about some of the example pictures we brought in possibly being challenging, but worked with us to customize a design that we loved and she felt confident in creating. The final product was better than we had envisioned and the flavor could not be beat!

Angela · Married on 04/16/2015

My husband and I ordered a cake from Cakes By the Sea for our wedding in April 2015. We are from Canada and thought it might be difficult to express what we were looking for via email, but the staff was great at listening to our ideas and reassuring us we were getting what we wanted. When we saw our wedding cake for the first time we were absolutely blown away how perfect to every detail it was to what we described to them. Not only was it beautiful it was also the most delicious tasting cake we have ever had!! Next time we are in myrtle beach visiting we will definitely be taking a trip to this store for something delicious.

Jasmine · Married on 09/27/2014

SOOOOO YUMMY!!!!

I cannot wait to eat my cake topper for our 1 year anniversary!

They even went out of the way to create a custom, funfetti flavor for us..... the groom's favorite!

Kaithlyn · Married on 09/06/2014

Theresa was great. Wonderful to work with and beautiful cake.

Theresa · Married on 09/06/2014

FABULOUS cake and very friendly folks to work with. My concept was carried through without fail! Cake was very yummy indeed! Highly recommend!!!!

Wonderful vendor to work with. I sent a few pictures for what I thought I wanted my wedding cake to look like. They worked with that and when I visited for cake tasting I got to see some of their ideas as well. We worked together to design my cake. It was beautiful!!! Three tiers, blue and white with edible shells and my Disney castle cake topper. Not only was it beautiful it was DELICIOUS!!!!! I had lemon, chocolate and carrot cake. Fillings are included in the price, as was my cake stand. I had a mix of cake and also cupcakes. Everything was delivered on time. When my mom returned the cake stand after the wedding they gave her another cupcake as a treat. Chris is a really great person to work with. The cake looks like fondant, but is NOT-it is DELICIOUS icing. They do beautiful work!

Tracie · Married on 08/31/2014

My cake was beautiful and the cake and cupcakes were delicious. Everybody raved about them. Thank you Cakes by the Sea for making our cake look good and taste good. You were one of the shining stars of our wedding reception!!!

Susan · Married on 05/25/2014

We had cupcakes for our wedding instead of a cake and we were so happy with Kris! We went in for a tasting about two months before and were able to taste as many as we would like-they were all so good it was hard to choose! We ended up with Red Velvet, chocolate, lemon meringue and coconut cream and our guests loved them! Kris decorated each one with a white chocolate seashell (our wedding was on the inter-coastal waterway at Brick Landing Plantation). This was also a destination wedding and Kris was always easy to get in contact with by phone or through their website www.cakesbythesea.com. Such a pleaure to work with her and the cupcakes were delicious!!

Macy · Married on 05/24/2014

I sent a picture of the cake I wanted with my wedding planner to Cakes By the Sea, and they made the cake look exactly like I wanted it. The cake also tasted awesome, and I'm not really a fan of cake. I definitely recommend Cakes By the Sea for any beach wedding in the Carolinas.