Cakes by Ron Reviews

Cakes by Ron 5
Cakes by Ron 6
Cakes by Ron 7

Cassie · Married on 05/02/2015

We found out about Cakes by Ron at a wedding expo. They were sampling, and my goodness was it good!!! We had a beach wedding, and picked one of their shell themed designs. What a talented group of people. Their cakes are beautiful and so delicious!!!!!!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Kayla · Married on 04/25/2015

Ron is awesome! He was one of the only vendors I worked with that I didn't have to worry about. From the cake tasting, where he made a custom drawing of our cake to the end result was absolutely perfect. I dropped off a color swatch for the cake and it matched exactly as it was supposed to. They dropped it off on time and everybody thought the cake tasted amazing. Can't wait to go back there just to buy one of their cupcakes!

Sent on 05/07/2015

Carol · Married on 04/04/2015

The advisor who assisted us in our selection was very helpful but not pushy. The samples we were given were terrific. The cake itself was beautiful and delicious. The Key lime mint tier was especially popular.

Sent on 04/22/2015

Mia · Married on 03/14/2015

Great quality cakes! They did my cake for my wedding. I did a cupcake cake and the top tier was an actually cake. My guests loved it!

Sent on 04/05/2015

Patricia · Married on 03/06/2015

We ordered a wedding cake and a grooms cake from Ron and Dawn. They were both very helpful and provided tons of samples for us to try. The Boston creme cake is by far the best! The cakes turned out amazing, they not only looked great but also tasted delicious. They were very professional and prompt on emails as well. I highly recommend Cakes by Ron!

Sent on 03/16/2015

Jennifer · Married on 01/17/2015

Ron recently made my wedding cake for my BLING themed wedding, It was the most amazing thing I have ever layed eye's on!!

Sent on 11/20/2009

Kristen · Married on 01/17/2015

Ron did an amazing job with our wedding cake!! We absolutely loved his work and everyone was so impressed with our cake. Design and taste were fantastic!!

Sent on 01/29/2015

Amazing!!!!! I worked with Dawn to design the cake on the phone and via email since I don't live full time in the area and they nailed it. The cake could not have been better! Dawn is super nice and easy to work with. The cake looked fabulous and tasted soooo good! We did coconut flavor with pineapple filling for a beach wedding. We had beach chairs on top of the cake with our names on under a palm tree. Perfect! The taste was even better! They also made gluten free coconut/pineapple cupcakes. Even people who eat gluten said they were fabulous. Cakes by Ron is and will always be my bakery of choice. Awesome Awesome Awesome

Sent on 01/10/2015

Lindsay · Married on 12/13/2014

Cakes by Ron did a fabulous job on our wedding cake. They did exactly what I asked for and made my vision come to life! It was also very delicious! I am so glad I chose them to handle our cake! Thank you.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Darlene · Married on 12/13/2014

In a word...AMAZING! From the moment we first tasted one of Ron's salted caramel cupcakes at a bridal show a year before our wedding date, my husband and I knew that he would be our choice for our wedding cake. We elected to serve cupcakes at our wedding instead of the traditional wedding cake because we couldn't decide on just one flavor - Cakes by Ron offers over 100 different cake flavors!! We narrowed down our selection (after much taste testing!) to lemon raspberry, chocolate fudge, carrot, salted caramel and gluten free vanilla (which is so good it's hard to tell that it's gluten free!). A 6 inch top tier cake was provided as well. I brought in a picture of how I wanted it decorated and Ron created the exact replica and even provided the decorative "bling" that the photo showed. I highly recommend Cakes by Ron not only for wedding needs, but for any occasion requiring a sweet treat!

Sent on 12/23/2014

Kara · Married on 11/22/2014

Delicious and beautiful (as always!) - Thank you, Ron, for our PERFECT wedding cake!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Jessica · Married on 11/22/2014

The biggest suggestion I can give any bride that hires Cakes by Ron for their wedding cake, is to also order To-Go wedding cake boxes, because it’s a travesty if any of your cake goes to waste. There cake is just too good!

I am naturally an icing lover, and usually not a fan of cake since it’s typically dry, and therefore I would just prefer to eat more icing. On the flip side, I have family and friends that prefer more cake and less icing. I don’t know how this place does it, but they find a way to make both people happy with their seriously delicious and perfect cakes.

I provided pictures of the style of cakes that I wanted for our wedding day. The wedding cake was a simple and sweet design and we elected to do a Florida State surprise Groom's cake. Both cakes came out better than the picture, and obviously the taste--- AMAZING!

We elected not to save the top tier of our wedding cake, and our guests thanked us because more cake was sent home with them in the To-Go boxes. Besides that, this cake is just too good to freeze and wait a year. Instead, we plan on heading back to Cakes by Ron a year later and having a replication of our top tier.

Thank you to all the wonderful folks at Cakes by Ron for ending our night so sweetly and for the best breakfast the next day!

Sent on 12/24/2014
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 11/15/2014

I was referred to Cakes by Ron by my wedding planner, and I couldn't be happier with the decision. I was planning my wedding from nearly 1000 miles away, so our contacts were mostly through email. I was nervous to only be able to meet my cake vendor right before the wedding, but it wasn't a problem at all. I didn't really know what I wanted, but the woman at the shop (I wish I could remember her name) helped me so much to find aspects of cakes I liked. The tasting was great (the flavors were unique and delicious), and the delivery and set up on the day of the ceremony and reception was flawless. I highly recommend Cakes by Ron!

Sent on 11/26/2014
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 11/03/2014

Our wedding cake was so gorgeous and it tasted delicious. The price was excellent and the consultation and tasting was so fun! I had a castle cake and everyone was wowed by it. I would highly recommend them as they have the best looking cakes and the best tasting.

Sent on 12/02/2014

carrie · Married on 11/01/2014

Talk about BEAUTIFUL and absolutely DELICIOUS cakes, that's definitely Cakes by Ron!! We are so happy we chose them to make our cake for our big day!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Erica · Married on 11/01/2014

Cakes by Ron did a fantastic job on my cake! I wanted orange ombré and it looked better than I could have imagined! My bottom layer was salted caramel which was the best cake I have ever tasted! Top layer was amaretto with cream cheese, fantastic!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Great price. Great employees. Great attention to detail. They work with what you request. Best cupcakes for our wedding we found. Thank you.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Delicious cake. Fair pricing. Excellent to work with. Very creative and professional.

Sent on 12/11/2014

Steven · Married on 10/25/2014

Cakes by Ron took their time to help us find the perfect wedding cake. We even got to taste several cakes. They delivered a beautiful and delicious cake and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/26/2014

Nicole · Married on 10/18/2014

It was such a pleasure and easy experience to work with Cakes by Ron. I sent them a picture of a cake from a magazine and they helped me change the colors and gave me exactly what I asked for. Our tasting was a wonderful experience as well! I have never tried so many different flavors before, everything was wonderful! It was hard to choose!
    Thank you for making such a beautiful cake for our wedding. It was exactly what I wanted!
    XOXO
    Nicole and Ty

Sent on 11/15/2014

Ana Maria · Married on 10/11/2014

We are from Chicago and had our wedding in Sarasota on October 11th, 2014. We had a great experience working on the phone and via email with Dawn at Cakes by Ron. Our wedding cake was delicious (all three flavors of it!) and we were pleased we had so many different choices to select from. Our cake had 3 tiers and each one was a different set of flavor and filling. We froze the top tier and are looking forward to enjoying it on our 1st anniversary next year!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Tamera · Married on 09/21/2014

Ron created the most beautiful cake for our wedding! I would never get a cake anywhere else! We had a few special requests and he went above and beyond for us! Truly amazing!!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Linda · Married on 08/02/2014

Cakes by Ron far exceeded our expectations. They made two amazing wedding cakes, one of which was a custom order. They even delivered the cakes which helped immensely on what was a very busy wedding day. One of the cakes was a Victorian design which was customized using real lace. The other cake was sumptuous - amaretto and fresh raspberry. Many of our guests commented on the wonderful cakes. Many thanks for helping to make our wedding day so memorable!

Linda and Michael

Sent on 09/11/2014

Tammy · Married on 07/04/2014

Ron did it again! "Over the Top" are the only words that describe the BEAUTIFUL cake Ron Zammit made for our daughter's July 4th wedding. We had a private meeting where Ron consulted with our daughter on every detail of the cake...making each layer of the cake more beautiful than the last! Ron put special touches on each layer, including crystal pins, ombre, pearls and bling! Two crystal love birds...in the colors of the wedding...were perched on the top of the cake on crystal branches. Because we had 2 receptions, Ron made an artificial cake that could handle being transported 2 times. For the first large reception of 350 guests, we ordered the famous gourmet cupcakes...Ron even made Gluten Free cupcakes for our friends with special dietary needs. Ron transported the cake to the second reception and provided sheet cakes for the caterer to serve our guests. We were able to have his beautiful creation on display for all of our guests at both receptions! It was more than we ever expected. We love Cakes by Ron! We love Ron!

Sent on 08/18/2014
  • amberjeffvadas

Amber · Married on 06/27/2014

Wow, fabulous job! I was quite nervous because I live in Indiana and was having a beach wedding in Florida. My wedding planner was the one who actually referred me to them and I am glad they did. They were very professional and caring. I was able to make an apt with them before our wedding just to come in and visit the store to help ease my nerves! They def made me feel better about their ability to come through on providing us with an exceptional cake. It was beautiful and delivered on time. There were no problems at all. They even gave us 4 HUGE cupcakes when we visited for tasting. Thank you so much for a great experience!

Sent on 07/16/2014