Cakes by Ron Reviews

251 | Sarasota, FL

251 Reviews for Cakes by Ron

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/19/2016

By far the best cake place in town!! We had a four tier wedding cake and it was to die for. They made it exactly like the picture and it tasted amazing. Our guests were raving about how good the cake was. We had 3 different flavors on 3 tiers and people were looking to try all 3 because everyone was saying how delicious it was!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Shauna · Married on 11/12/2016

Our cupcakes and 1 tier cake for our wedding were absolutely delicious! We had 230 guests and ordered 275 cupcakes; at the end of the night, they were ALL gone! That's proof of how yummy our cupcakes were, when does that ever happen?!

Sent on 11/15/2016
  • Lizzy

Lizzy · Married on 10/22/2016

Ron made a beautiful cake for my wedding day. He made an amazing sandcastle for the reception that was more than I could ever have imagined. I had so many guests tell me how amazing the cake looked and I was blown away at how great it looked.

Sent on 11/04/2016

Kelly · Married on 10/22/2016

I would highly recommend Cakes by Ron. My wedding cake was delicious (key lime!) and beautiful - very similar to the picture I showed Ron when we initially decided on a design. I also feel that the price was very reasonable for what you receive.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/08/2016

Cakes by Ron is truly amazing. All of their flavors are so good! They did a fantastic job on our wedding cake this month, it was just beautiful and very delicious! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Theresa · Married on 08/06/2016

I happened upon Cakes by Ron by driving down fruitville road. Upon stopping in, I was greeted by beautiful cupcakes and a nice side room of cake displays. I bought a few cupcakes to try as a sample of their product - amazing!!! I was sold. Scheduled a meeting and rest was history!!! Their prices are reasonable but the better than that the cake is amazing!!!! Received so many compliments on this wonderful cake - chose red velvet, samoan, carrot cake and death by chocolate for the groom's cake. This family is talented and quite lovely to interact with!!! Choose Cakes by Ron you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/12/2016

Eli · Married on 07/10/2016

Delicious.... should have ordered another one to go!!!!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Cakes by Ron was fantastic- our guests LOVED the cupcakes. The staff was so helpful during the tasting in guiding us in flavors and look of the cupcakes. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Anna · Married on 06/11/2016

The cake was delicious! It also looked beautiful and was exactly what we wanted! We were so very happy with how it all turned out!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Jodie · Married on 05/07/2016

When I got engaged, I knew from the very beginning that Ron would do my wedding cake. His cakes are not just super tasty but also super gorgeous. When I met with him for our consultation, I honestly had no idea of what kind of design I wanted. He was so accommodating and was able to come up with a gorgeous design. He also made a super awesome groom's cake for my husband that he LOVED. He is still talking about how amazing it was. Thank you Ron for making my wedding so special.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Ron provided us with a delicious and gorgeous two tier wedding cake. We went in for a tasting and had a great experience working with them on designing our cake. I showed them a picture and the cake turned out even better than I asked for! Thank you for your beautiful work!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Megan · Married on 03/12/2016

After trying cupcakes from Cakes by Ron at a bridal expo, we had to have them. Cakes by Ron has the best cake. We got a single tier cake with assorted cupcakes and it was delicious. Everyone commented on how much they loved the cupcakes (the salted caramel are my favorite) My husband doesn't even really like cake but he loves this cake. Definitely order cake from here, you wont be disappointed!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Chuck · Married on 02/06/2016

Our beach themed wedding cake was extremely well done and to our specifications. Flavors of the cake, fillings and icing were out of this world !!

Sent on 02/22/2016

Ron was patient and very informative when we met with him in June for a tasting. I had a few ideas and saw a cake in his shop that I wanted him to pull together. He did such a beautiful job! Not only was the cake beautiful and extremely detailed, but it was equally delicious!! We will be back for cupcakes on our anniversary trips! Thank you again!!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Andrea · Married on 11/21/2015

Cakes by Ron provided us with a small single layer cake followed by layers of cupcakes below. It was all super delicious and we received multiple compliments on the cupcakes!

Sent on 12/07/2015

I set an appointment for wedding cake tasting. It was a fun experience getting to try an assortment of cupcakes with my fiance. The girl was extremely helpful, fun, and knowledgeable. We picked our favorite flavors and they gave us a very reasonable price for the cake. Ron drew out the design in the back so we knew exactly what our cake would look like on our big day! I cant wait!!

Sent on 04/22/2015

Shelly · Married on 10/24/2015

Cakes by Ron did an amazing job on our wedding cake. We scheduled a tasting and loved every flavor and filling that we tried, it was hard to make a final decision. I provided a picture of my vision for our cake and they provided feedback and suggestions. We had about 95 guests at our wedding but I wanted a certain look so we ordered a four tiered cake that fed about 125. When I saw the cake at our reception I was so happy with it - it was more beautiful than I had imagined, it was perfect. Despite us having so much cake, we didn't end up with a lot of extra. I informed my caterer to cut larger slices since we had extra and several of my guests told me it was so good they had two or THREE pieces (one of each flavor). The cake was so delicious, even better than I had remembered at our tasting! We had the amaretto with raspberry filling, chocolate with turtle filling and spice cake with cream cheeses filling, all covered in white buttercream. I would highly recommend this company for your wedding cake!

Sent on 11/11/2015
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 10/17/2015

Cakes by Ron was fantastic. Dawn, our consultant was very attentive and easy to work with. The cake was beautiful and tasted sooooo good.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Andrea · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I had no idea what kind or shape of cake we wanted coming in. The people at Cakes by Ron were patient and extremely helpful during the entire process! We were given two cake tastings, the first with standard flavors and the second we were able to pick our own types. Everything we tried was delicious but we chose the southern pecan and don't have a single regret!! The cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious and all the guests agreed! I definitely recommend Cakes by Ron!

Update: We just celebrated our one year anniversary and the cake was just as delicious after a year in the freezer as it was on our wedding day!

Sent on 10/19/2015

The cupcakes Ron made were delicious! So many fun flavors and beautifully presented! I gave Ron a general idea of what i wanted and everything was better than i could have imagined!

Sent on 10/11/2015
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/26/2015

I can't thank Cakes by Ron enough! Our cake was beautiful.... exactly what we wanted. Not only was my cake beautiful, it tasted amazing! The grooms cake was also exactly what we wanted. They delivered on time and we only have positive things to say about Cakes by Ron. Highly Recommend!

Sent on 03/05/2016

Karyn · Married on 09/18/2015

We chose cakes by Ron mainly because they allowed a tasting and it was one of the vendors our coordinator worked with (Sand Petal Weddings). They were extremely nice to work with and allowed us to taste several different combinations at no extra cost. We didn't really know what to expect our cake to look like since we just sent Ron ideas of meshing a few different ones together.
    The cake came out better than I could have ever imagined! We did 3 layers: Strawberry Coconut, Orange Pineapple and Peanut butter. My guests raved about the strawberry and orange layers. I would definitely recommend Cakes by Ron!

Sent on 10/14/2015

My wife and I stumbled upon Cakes by Ron at a bridal show in Sarasota. There they were giving out full sized cupcakes to sample. Being a person not willing to turn down free cake I sampled a Boston Creme cupcake. After the first bite I knew where we were getting our cake, in three the cupcake was gone (I really like cake). Anyway, Ron and his crew turned out to be wonderful to work with. They are laid back, but not lazy, flexible, and willing to do what you want. For our wedding we had three tier cake (top tier being the couple's cake). We had two selections, lime w/coconut and lemon funfetti (yeah, you read that right) w/ raspberry. The frosting was the buttercream that they do, with a simple and elegant design to it. The main point is, we got exactly what we planned out, and it was a great cake.
    On top of this, they do have gluten free selections, which was received very well by our family members with that need.
    Overall we loved everything we got from Cakes by Ron, and we'll probably go back when we're in Sarasota for cupcakes.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Jordan · Married on 07/25/2015

Ron is not only one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet, he makes the best, most beautiful cakes. Our wedding cake was not only exactly how we wanted, it was the best cake period I have ever had! He takes such care and attention to detail and Dawn is so helpful too. They truly care about making that one little final touch on the wedding perfect. I would recommend him to anyone and will probably be using him for every birthday or any holiday that warrants cake from now on!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Beth · Married on 07/18/2015

Cakes by Ron did a beautiful job with the wedding cake. This was a destination wedding and Dawn listened to what I wanted and then they provided a personalized design. Not only was the cake beautiful but it was delicious. I received so many compliments. I highly recommend their services.

Sent on 07/26/2015