Cakes by Ron Reviews

Cakes by Ron 5
Cakes by Ron 6
Cakes by Ron 7

Eli · Married on 07/10/2016

Delicious.... should have ordered another one to go!!!!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Cakes by Ron was fantastic- our guests LOVED the cupcakes. The staff was so helpful during the tasting in guiding us in flavors and look of the cupcakes. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Anna · Married on 06/11/2016

The cake was delicious! It also looked beautiful and was exactly what we wanted! We were so very happy with how it all turned out!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Jodie · Married on 05/07/2016

When I got engaged, I knew from the very beginning that Ron would do my wedding cake. His cakes are not just super tasty but also super gorgeous. When I met with him for our consultation, I honestly had no idea of what kind of design I wanted. He was so accommodating and was able to come up with a gorgeous design. He also made a super awesome groom's cake for my husband that he LOVED. He is still talking about how amazing it was. Thank you Ron for making my wedding so special.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Ron provided us with a delicious and gorgeous two tier wedding cake. We went in for a tasting and had a great experience working with them on designing our cake. I showed them a picture and the cake turned out even better than I asked for! Thank you for your beautiful work!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Megan · Married on 03/12/2016

After trying cupcakes from Cakes by Ron at a bridal expo, we had to have them. Cakes by Ron has the best cake. We got a single tier cake with assorted cupcakes and it was delicious. Everyone commented on how much they loved the cupcakes (the salted caramel are my favorite) My husband doesn't even really like cake but he loves this cake. Definitely order cake from here, you wont be disappointed!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Chuck · Married on 02/06/2016

Our beach themed wedding cake was extremely well done and to our specifications. Flavors of the cake, fillings and icing were out of this world !!

Sent on 02/22/2016

Ron was patient and very informative when we met with him in June for a tasting. I had a few ideas and saw a cake in his shop that I wanted him to pull together. He did such a beautiful job! Not only was the cake beautiful and extremely detailed, but it was equally delicious!! We will be back for cupcakes on our anniversary trips! Thank you again!!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Andrea · Married on 11/21/2015

Cakes by Ron provided us with a small single layer cake followed by layers of cupcakes below. It was all super delicious and we received multiple compliments on the cupcakes!

Sent on 12/07/2015

I set an appointment for wedding cake tasting. It was a fun experience getting to try an assortment of cupcakes with my fiance. The girl was extremely helpful, fun, and knowledgeable. We picked our favorite flavors and they gave us a very reasonable price for the cake. Ron drew out the design in the back so we knew exactly what our cake would look like on our big day! I cant wait!!

Sent on 04/22/2015

Shelly · Married on 10/24/2015

Cakes by Ron did an amazing job on our wedding cake. We scheduled a tasting and loved every flavor and filling that we tried, it was hard to make a final decision. I provided a picture of my vision for our cake and they provided feedback and suggestions. We had about 95 guests at our wedding but I wanted a certain look so we ordered a four tiered cake that fed about 125. When I saw the cake at our reception I was so happy with it - it was more beautiful than I had imagined, it was perfect. Despite us having so much cake, we didn't end up with a lot of extra. I informed my caterer to cut larger slices since we had extra and several of my guests told me it was so good they had two or THREE pieces (one of each flavor). The cake was so delicious, even better than I had remembered at our tasting! We had the amaretto with raspberry filling, chocolate with turtle filling and spice cake with cream cheeses filling, all covered in white buttercream. I would highly recommend this company for your wedding cake!

Sent on 11/11/2015
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 10/17/2015

Cakes by Ron was fantastic. Dawn, our consultant was very attentive and easy to work with. The cake was beautiful and tasted sooooo good.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Andrea · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I had no idea what kind or shape of cake we wanted coming in. The people at Cakes by Ron were patient and extremely helpful during the entire process! We were given two cake tastings, the first with standard flavors and the second we were able to pick our own types. Everything we tried was delicious but we chose the southern pecan and don't have a single regret!! The cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious and all the guests agreed! I definitely recommend Cakes by Ron!

Update: We just celebrated our one year anniversary and the cake was just as delicious after a year in the freezer as it was on our wedding day!

Sent on 10/19/2015

The cupcakes Ron made were delicious! So many fun flavors and beautifully presented! I gave Ron a general idea of what i wanted and everything was better than i could have imagined!

Sent on 10/11/2015
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/26/2015

I can't thank Cakes by Ron enough! Our cake was beautiful.... exactly what we wanted. Not only was my cake beautiful, it tasted amazing! The grooms cake was also exactly what we wanted. They delivered on time and we only have positive things to say about Cakes by Ron. Highly Recommend!

Sent on 03/05/2016

Karyn · Married on 09/18/2015

We chose cakes by Ron mainly because they allowed a tasting and it was one of the vendors our coordinator worked with (Sand Petal Weddings). They were extremely nice to work with and allowed us to taste several different combinations at no extra cost. We didn't really know what to expect our cake to look like since we just sent Ron ideas of meshing a few different ones together.
    The cake came out better than I could have ever imagined! We did 3 layers: Strawberry Coconut, Orange Pineapple and Peanut butter. My guests raved about the strawberry and orange layers. I would definitely recommend Cakes by Ron!

Sent on 10/14/2015

My wife and I stumbled upon Cakes by Ron at a bridal show in Sarasota. There they were giving out full sized cupcakes to sample. Being a person not willing to turn down free cake I sampled a Boston Creme cupcake. After the first bite I knew where we were getting our cake, in three the cupcake was gone (I really like cake). Anyway, Ron and his crew turned out to be wonderful to work with. They are laid back, but not lazy, flexible, and willing to do what you want. For our wedding we had three tier cake (top tier being the couple's cake). We had two selections, lime w/coconut and lemon funfetti (yeah, you read that right) w/ raspberry. The frosting was the buttercream that they do, with a simple and elegant design to it. The main point is, we got exactly what we planned out, and it was a great cake.
    On top of this, they do have gluten free selections, which was received very well by our family members with that need.
    Overall we loved everything we got from Cakes by Ron, and we'll probably go back when we're in Sarasota for cupcakes.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Jordan · Married on 07/25/2015

Ron is not only one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet, he makes the best, most beautiful cakes. Our wedding cake was not only exactly how we wanted, it was the best cake period I have ever had! He takes such care and attention to detail and Dawn is so helpful too. They truly care about making that one little final touch on the wedding perfect. I would recommend him to anyone and will probably be using him for every birthday or any holiday that warrants cake from now on!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Beth · Married on 07/18/2015

Cakes by Ron did a beautiful job with the wedding cake. This was a destination wedding and Dawn listened to what I wanted and then they provided a personalized design. Not only was the cake beautiful but it was delicious. I received so many compliments. I highly recommend their services.

Sent on 07/26/2015

We had a destination wedding in Anna Maria Island. Cakes by Ron did not disappoint. The cake was looked awesome and tasted even better. It was nice to use a vendor that delivered on their promise! The boston crème filling is to die for!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Emma · Married on 06/27/2015

Our cake was delicious and beautiful! Ron worked out a way for us to have the cake we wanted within our budget. Definitely one of the best cakes in town!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Stephanie · Married on 06/20/2015

We were so impressed with our groom's cake and wedding cake. They were both better looking than we could've imagined and absolutely delicious!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Christina · Married on 06/13/2015

My cake was amazing. The colors were perfect, very bright and cheerful. Our guests couldn't believe that the seashells were edible, until my son grabbed one and popped it into his mouth. The lemon and key lime tiers were perfect also. I am happy to report that the top tier made it back to Austin, TX safely. Looking forward to unthawing it and having it next June. Thank you, Christina and Sam

Sent on 07/09/2015

Kaylee · Married on 05/23/2015

Cakes by Ron made us a custom wedding cake exactly how I imagined it to be! Made all my requests happen. The cake was amazing and we also selected four different flavors of cupcakes to have as well. Everyone loved our idea and our flavor choices!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Kayla · Married on 05/23/2015

Cakes by Ron did an absolutely amazing job on our wedding cake and grooms cake! I looked everywhere in the Tampa/Sarasota area to find a cake shop that would do strawberry cake with strawberry filling and Cakes by Ron was the only person in central Florida that would do it for us. We choose three different flavors for the wedding cake, strawberry with strawberry filling, vanilla with blueberry filling, and lemon with cream cheese filling. We also did a chocolate grooms cake with raspberry filling. Every single guest went back for more to try the other flavors and we received so many compliments about how amazing and moist the cake was! We brought in two different pictures we liked for the wedding cake taking ideas from both and they did better than we could have ever imagined. Also, I brought in a picture of a home plate with a baseball and Braves hat on it and asked them to replicate it and they did amazing! My husband was so surprised and all our guests were amazed of the craftsmanship. Definitely the place to get a cake made. They also make cupcakes for every day eating and those are amazing as well!

Sent on 07/26/2015