Cakes by Ron Reviews

Cakes by Ron 6
Cakes by Ron 7

Taylor · Married on 12/01/2018

Professional, Creative, DELICIOUS! 12/01/2018

My husband I were married at the Longboat Key Club – Harbourside on December 1st. Cakes by Ron was the preferred vendor and after meeting with Ron in May for our “tasting” we could see why. Not only were all the cakes on display absolutely gorgeous, but they also tasted amazing. I grew up in Sarasota having Publix cakes for each and every birthday, which certainly are delicious, but nothing compared to the artistry and detail that Ron puts into each wedding cake. We shared a few “inspiration” pictures with Ron who sketched the cake while we were with him and, no lie, the cake turned out EXACTLY as he had sketched it! We actually ordered a Styrofoam cake and sheet cakes were to be served at the wedding– this cut down on cost slightly and allowed us to have an equal amount of flavors (pecan cake w/vanilla buttercream and toasted pecans; white cake with raspberry filling, and chocolate cake with chocolate ganache – all INCREDIBLE). We left our top tier in Sarasota (we live in Boston) and my mom already asked me if she could eat it because it was that delicious. Thank you SO much Ron & team!!!

• Kalli

Kalli · Married on 11/03/2018

Delicious wedding cake!

Ron and his team did an amazing job on our wedding cake and cupcakes! We chose a smaller two-tier cake and 60 cupcakes for our wedding reception. We received great feedback from our guests on the flavors! Ron and his team were very responsive, helpful, and flexible when I called to make changes to meet our wedding needs! Thank you so much!

Melissa Pike · Married on 10/28/2018

Delicious & Beautiful

We hired Cakes by Ron to make us a small cutting cake and cupcakes for our wedding. Ron delivered to our venue and set everything up on a beautiful tower and decorated with flowers from our florist. It was beautiful! More importantly, it was delicious. Everyone raved about the cupcakes and every time we look at our pictures of them, we crave one. Highly recommend!

Jessica Clayson · Married on 10/22/2018

Our amazing cake!!

Cakes by Ron made a totally unique cake for our wedding! He brought our sketch to life and we were over the moon with the result! Not only did the cake look amazing, the taste was exceptional! The flavours we chose were perfect and delicious. The whole cake got eaten throught the week and it stayed so fresh! We would highly recommend Cakes by Ron! Thank you again!

Cakes by Ron 8
    Cakes by Ron 9

Erik · Married on 06/01/2018

Cakes by Ron is the s**t! Absolutely beautiful cake that tasted amazing! To that, we had a bit of a hiccup with our original cake (a portion was lost at the end of the wedding night). When our day of coordinator contacted Cakes by Ron to make a replacement for us, they made a "mini" version (second photo) at no cost. Impeccable workmanship and service! Thank you!!

Cakes by Ron 10
    Cakes by Ron 11

Amy · Married on 05/06/2018

I had a small wedding party and thought of getting regular cake but I really wanted a WEDDING cake. I saw an ad with a picture of a cake and knew they were the bakery for me. I spoke with Nathan and he designed a gorgeous, perfect 3 tier cake that rivaled the bigger wedding cakes in magnificence. It was even better than what i pictured in my minds eye AND as a surprise for the groom the inside cake was purple :) I'll add more pictures when I get them from the photographer this was my first preview! (The topper is not on it either)may I add that with Ron it was a stress free experience. I did a tasting and they asked me what I thought I wanted and just did it. Every other place I called didn't even take the time to find out what I wanted before quoting me exorbitant prices or simply telling me they had no time. Here they were willing to deliver it to the beach, on a Sunday without batting an eyelash. If you want something fabulous with terrific people, that ends up making your wedding party say WOW! when they see it and come back for another piece, use Cakes by Ron. Thank you all for enhancing an already magnificent day <3

Cakes by Ron 12

Andrea · Married on 04/14/2018

Cakes by Ron is fabulous! Nathan was great and easy to work with in creating our design. Everyone loved the cake!

Devi · Married on 03/24/2018

This cake was literally everything I wanted. It had 3 layers, all different flavors...and each tasting amazing! I had a last minute change of heart over the flavors of one layer and called to change it, no problem! It was a naked cake and looked like something out of a magazine....I'm literally, so happy with the results. Perfection!

Cakes by Ron 13
  • Christine & Jessica

Jessica · Married on 03/16/2018

We couldn’t be more pleased with our wedding cake! It looked amazing and tasted even better. Ron worked with us to keep the price within the cost our venue’s wedding package - instead of charging us extra for the custom rainbow inside. Very very happy with our cake :)

Cakes by Ron 14
    Cakes by Ron 15
    Cakes by Ron 16

Kristin · Married on 03/03/2018

Cakes by Ron made my wedding cake and it was absolutely delicious. I ordered two tiers of vanilla cake with raspberry filling; and a middle tier of strawberry cake. I received many compliments on the cake! Absolutely delicious! And the cake was beautiful! It was a pleasure working with Ron to design the cake. He really brought our vision to life. Such a great decision ordering my cake from Cakes by Ron! Thank you!!

Cakes by Ron 17

Hlin · Married on 03/01/2018

I highly recommend Cakes by Ron. We meet with Ron and he was so pleasant and nice to work with. The designed a beautiful cake and captured exactly what we were looking for. The cake was absolutely stunning in it's simplicity. You cant go wrong with Cakes by Ron.

Cakes by Ron 18
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 02/24/2018

From the moment we did the cake tasting Ron and his employees were very accommodating. We had three flavors of mini cupcakes for our guests which were devoured and we had a two tiered two flavor cake for my husband and me. We received many compliments on the decoration of the cake, it was simple, but beautiful.

Maggie · Married on 02/24/2018

Not only was our cake beautiful, but it was also SO delicious! Thank you for creating a scrumptious masterpiece for our wedding day! We received rave reviews about our cake from many of our guests. And, of course, enjoyed the left overs the next day ;)

• W

Wanita · Married on 01/27/2018

My tropical Samoa cake was stunning and delicious!! Cakes by Ron did a fabulous job!

Cakes by Ron 19
    Cakes by Ron 20

Nancy · Married on 01/13/2018

My daughter's wedding cake was beautiful and exactly as we had arranged. One of the layers was coconut and several people said it was the best they had ever had. The marble and orange layers were fantastic. I highly recommend Cakes By Ron. And their in-store cupcakes are the best I've ever had in my life!

Lisa · Married on 10/21/2017

The cake was amazing and they decorated it exactly how I wanted!!!! Sooo impressed

Rose · Married on 10/14/2017

Best. Cake. Ever! Our cake was amazing and tasted so yummy! All of our guests loved the cake! The design was exactly what I was envisioning and I would definitely recommend Cakes by Ron to anymore! They're delicious and beautiful. We even had gluten free cupcakes for some family and friends. We had salted caramel for our bottom and top (our favorite), red velvet, and a chocolate whiskey cake we created. So good!

Cakes by Ron 21
    Cakes by Ron 22
    Cakes by Ron 23
    Cakes by Ron 24
  • Dakota

Dakota · Married on 09/23/2017

My cake tasting was absolutely amazing they worked with me to get me exactly what I wanted and they all taste amazing perfectly most and not too sweet so many options! Cakes by Ron is going to help make my perfect!!

Sujatha · Married on 09/03/2017

Cakes by Ron catered our wedding reception. We had several different types of cupcakes, a two tier cutting cake and an amazing grooms cake for my husbands alma matar. Everything was executed perfectly. The design of everything was beautifully done and the cake was by far the best I have ever had. Every cupcake was moist and tasted great!
    So many compliments from our guests! Please use Cakes by Ron you won't regret it !!!

Leslie · Married on 06/24/2017

The cake was beautiful and tasted just as good. The cake looked exactly as we requested. Would definitely recommend.

JJ · Married on 06/10/2017

Cakes by Ron did a fabulous job on my wedding cake. They were willing to put together an original design with me and were on top on every aspect. I even got updates to any design issues and possible solutions. They were well organized and very professional. I was very impressed by the cake they delivered and on time!

• Morgan

Morgan · Married on 05/06/2017

We're so thrilled we got to work with Cakes By Ron for our wedding day. Our cake was DELISH (alternating tiers of funfetti and banana, yum!!) and so, so beautiful. Nathan and the CBR team made my cake vision come to life perfectly, executing a gorgeously simple, four-tiered semi-naked cake, which my florist topped with a few fresh blooms. It was beautiful!! And soooo yummy.

CBR also made our wedding favors — chocolate chip cookie sandwiches with buttercream — which were really delicious, and so cute. They wrapped them for us and used the customized stickers we printed as well.

CBR was incredibly easy to work with, and very accommodating. They even let us have a last-minute second cake tasting because we were second guessing our flavor choices — at no charge! It's a very nice team working there.

I'm so excited to eat the top tier on our anniversary :) Can't wait! It's THAT good.

Carina · Married on 04/29/2017

Dear Ron,

I wanted to thank you for all you did for our wedding this past Saturday morning ! My family and I are beyond grateful for your time, talent, and efforts that you put into making our day beyond what we ever thought was possible!

We can't express how much your delicious and beautiful wedding cake influenced the whole impact of the wedding for us and our families. Your cake received rave reviews from our guests and everyone was still talking about it the following day !
    Both flavors we picked were equally delicious. The colors and decoration of the cake was just beautiful and just as we imagined it would be!

I attached a picture from our reception !

You were a huge part of what made our day the perfect day and I can't thank you enough !
    Best wishes to you,
    Carina and Joe

• Maria

Maria · Married on 04/22/2017

Cupcakes for my wedding cake were delicious!

Diana · Married on 02/25/2017

Everyone was so amazed at how delicious and beautiful our groomsmen and wedding cake were! Our flavors were salted caramel, key lime, and French vanilla with fresh raspberry. Ron and his staff are so friendly, and the cakes were also a great value :)