Cakes by Ron Reviews

Cakes by Ron 7
  • Richard

Richard Meyers · Married on 06/01/2019

Nothing sweeter

We decided to change plans and have a small cake surrounded by 5 different varieties of gourmet cupcakes. Cakes By Ron was the perfect solution and delivered some of the yummiest varieties we had chosen out of the seemingly endless choices. The guests loved them!
    Perfect!

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Rhiana & Kevin

Rhiana · Married on 04/20/2019

Tasteful and pretty

Amazing flavors to choose from and just all beautiful design.

Sent on 04/24/2019
    Cakes by Ron 8
  • Haley

Haley Randazzo · Married on 03/23/2019

Great experience!

Ron was so great to work with!! I know nothing about cakes and gave him very minimal detail about what I wanted and he was able to create something absolutely beautiful!!

Would definitely recommend him to anyone planning their wedding.

Sent on 04/01/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 03/17/2019

Romantic Beach Floral Cake

We absolutely loved our wedding cake made by Cakes by Ron! The team was super responsive and easy to connect with. They were happy to answer any questions we had along the way.
    When we went in for our tasting Ron was very nice and calm, a great energy to be around when you're planning your wedding! We ended up getting a three layer cake by them (each layer a different flavor, all amazing and delicious!) with sugar flowers! The flowers were so well done they looked real!
    The whole experience was amazing. And the cake tasted so good and looked beautiful! Thank you!!

Sent on 04/10/2019
    Cakes by Ron 9

Chaye · Married on 03/03/2019

Great with every bite

From the first step of cake tasting to the final product Cakea by Ron was more than expected. The final product was beautiful and more than expected and the choices available are great. Our cake turned out better than expected!

Sent on 03/20/2019
  • s

s · Married on 03/02/2019

Former bride

We ABSOLUTELY LOVED our cake! It turned out perfect! We searched many cake places wanting a certain designed and kept getting turned away, Ron did the absolute opposite he took the time to sit with us and go over what we wanted and made it happen! And it was delicious!

Sent on 03/05/2019
    Cakes by Ron 10
  • Karina

Karina Concepcion · Married on 02/09/2019

Palmetto Bed & Breakfast 2.9.2019

The most amazing cake I ever could have imagined and tasted!! The team at Cakes by Ron are a true talent, they will bring your vision to reality. I met them through my wedding planner, Jennifer Matteo. My husband and I got to meet with them in July, prior to our wedding, for what was probably one of the best part of wedding planning- cake tasting!! Cuz who doesn't like tasting delicious samples of cakes. Everything we had during our sampling was delicious but honestly the final product was incredible. We decided on 4 different flavors! So glad we did because every bite was like a new dessert offering to our guest. We haven't gotten our pictures back yet but will share when we do- the design of our flowers were out of this world and the color's were exactly what we wanted. From the moment you step foot in their Sarasota store you willl see their "art work" but when it's your own your heart skips a beat. I can't wait to order future cakes from them to celebrate memorable occasions! I have a coworker who just got engaged and was at our wedding and wants to order their cake from Cakes by Ron (for a guy to say this you know it must be good :)) Thank you Cakes by Ron!
    Karina and Kyle

Sent on 03/06/2019

Natasha Navazi · Married on 12/08/2018

Delicious wedding cake!

Cakes by Ron provided our wedding cake for our reception at the Resort at Longboat Key Club. He was so easy to work with and had many flavors to choose from! Our cake was so beautiful and so tasty. I highly recommend Cakes by Ron! Thank you for making our day so special!

Sent on 12/14/2018

Bobbi Vina · Married on 12/08/2018

Loved the end result!

I did a last minute surprise wedding and Nathan was a pleasure to work with. I showed him a few ideas I had on Pinterest, he drew it out on paper, and made it come to life. Everything was perfect and I would not change a thing. They delivered the day of, built a stand, and set everything up. You will not be disappointed.....their work is absolutely stunning!

Sent on 01/26/2019
    Cakes by Ron 11
    Cakes by Ron 12
    Cakes by Ron 13

Taylor · Married on 12/01/2018

Professional, Creative, DELICIOUS! 12/01/2018

My husband I were married at the Longboat Key Club – Harbourside on December 1st. Cakes by Ron was the preferred vendor and after meeting with Ron in May for our “tasting” we could see why. Not only were all the cakes on display absolutely gorgeous, but they also tasted amazing. I grew up in Sarasota having Publix cakes for each and every birthday, which certainly are delicious, but nothing compared to the artistry and detail that Ron puts into each wedding cake. We shared a few “inspiration” pictures with Ron who sketched the cake while we were with him and, no lie, the cake turned out EXACTLY as he had sketched it! We actually ordered a Styrofoam cake and sheet cakes were to be served at the wedding– this cut down on cost slightly and allowed us to have an equal amount of flavors (pecan cake w/vanilla buttercream and toasted pecans; white cake with raspberry filling, and chocolate cake with chocolate ganache – all INCREDIBLE). We left our top tier in Sarasota (we live in Boston) and my mom already asked me if she could eat it because it was that delicious. Thank you SO much Ron & team!!!

Sent on 12/09/2018
  • Kalli

Kalli · Married on 11/03/2018

Delicious wedding cake!

Ron and his team did an amazing job on our wedding cake and cupcakes! We chose a smaller two-tier cake and 60 cupcakes for our wedding reception. We received great feedback from our guests on the flavors! Ron and his team were very responsive, helpful, and flexible when I called to make changes to meet our wedding needs! Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Melissa Pike · Married on 10/28/2018

Delicious & Beautiful

We hired Cakes by Ron to make us a small cutting cake and cupcakes for our wedding. Ron delivered to our venue and set everything up on a beautiful tower and decorated with flowers from our florist. It was beautiful! More importantly, it was delicious. Everyone raved about the cupcakes and every time we look at our pictures of them, we crave one. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Jessica Clayson · Married on 10/22/2018

Our amazing cake!!

Cakes by Ron made a totally unique cake for our wedding! He brought our sketch to life and we were over the moon with the result! Not only did the cake look amazing, the taste was exceptional! The flavours we chose were perfect and delicious. The whole cake got eaten throught the week and it stayed so fresh! We would highly recommend Cakes by Ron! Thank you again!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Cakes by Ron 14
    Cakes by Ron 15

Erik · Married on 06/01/2018

Cakes by Ron is the s**t! Absolutely beautiful cake that tasted amazing! To that, we had a bit of a hiccup with our original cake (a portion was lost at the end of the wedding night). When our day of coordinator contacted Cakes by Ron to make a replacement for us, they made a "mini" version (second photo) at no cost. Impeccable workmanship and service! Thank you!!

Sent on 07/02/2018
    Cakes by Ron 16
    Cakes by Ron 17

Amy · Married on 05/06/2018

I had a small wedding party and thought of getting regular cake but I really wanted a WEDDING cake. I saw an ad with a picture of a cake and knew they were the bakery for me. I spoke with Nathan and he designed a gorgeous, perfect 3 tier cake that rivaled the bigger wedding cakes in magnificence. It was even better than what i pictured in my minds eye AND as a surprise for the groom the inside cake was purple :) I'll add more pictures when I get them from the photographer this was my first preview! (The topper is not on it either)may I add that with Ron it was a stress free experience. I did a tasting and they asked me what I thought I wanted and just did it. Every other place I called didn't even take the time to find out what I wanted before quoting me exorbitant prices or simply telling me they had no time. Here they were willing to deliver it to the beach, on a Sunday without batting an eyelash. If you want something fabulous with terrific people, that ends up making your wedding party say WOW! when they see it and come back for another piece, use Cakes by Ron. Thank you all for enhancing an already magnificent day <3

Sent on 05/31/2018
    Cakes by Ron 18

Andrea · Married on 04/14/2018

Cakes by Ron is fabulous! Nathan was great and easy to work with in creating our design. Everyone loved the cake!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Devi · Married on 03/24/2018

This cake was literally everything I wanted. It had 3 layers, all different flavors...and each tasting amazing! I had a last minute change of heart over the flavors of one layer and called to change it, no problem! It was a naked cake and looked like something out of a magazine....I'm literally, so happy with the results. Perfection!

Sent on 04/04/2018
    Cakes by Ron 19
  • Christine & Jessica

Jessica · Married on 03/16/2018

We couldn’t be more pleased with our wedding cake! It looked amazing and tasted even better. Ron worked with us to keep the price within the cost our venue’s wedding package - instead of charging us extra for the custom rainbow inside. Very very happy with our cake :)

Sent on 07/10/2018
    Cakes by Ron 20
    Cakes by Ron 21
    Cakes by Ron 22

Kristin · Married on 03/03/2018

Cakes by Ron made my wedding cake and it was absolutely delicious. I ordered two tiers of vanilla cake with raspberry filling; and a middle tier of strawberry cake. I received many compliments on the cake! Absolutely delicious! And the cake was beautiful! It was a pleasure working with Ron to design the cake. He really brought our vision to life. Such a great decision ordering my cake from Cakes by Ron! Thank you!!

Sent on 03/10/2018
    Cakes by Ron 23

Hlin · Married on 03/01/2018

I highly recommend Cakes by Ron. We meet with Ron and he was so pleasant and nice to work with. The designed a beautiful cake and captured exactly what we were looking for. The cake was absolutely stunning in it's simplicity. You cant go wrong with Cakes by Ron.

Sent on 03/13/2018
    Cakes by Ron 24
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 02/24/2018

From the moment we did the cake tasting Ron and his employees were very accommodating. We had three flavors of mini cupcakes for our guests which were devoured and we had a two tiered two flavor cake for my husband and me. We received many compliments on the decoration of the cake, it was simple, but beautiful.

Sent on 02/27/2018

Maggie · Married on 02/24/2018

Not only was our cake beautiful, but it was also SO delicious! Thank you for creating a scrumptious masterpiece for our wedding day! We received rave reviews about our cake from many of our guests. And, of course, enjoyed the left overs the next day ;)

Sent on 03/19/2018
  • W

Wanita · Married on 01/27/2018

My tropical Samoa cake was stunning and delicious!! Cakes by Ron did a fabulous job!

Sent on 01/29/2018
    Cakes by Ron 25
    Cakes by Ron 26

Nancy · Married on 01/13/2018

My daughter's wedding cake was beautiful and exactly as we had arranged. One of the layers was coconut and several people said it was the best they had ever had. The marble and orange layers were fantastic. I highly recommend Cakes By Ron. And their in-store cupcakes are the best I've ever had in my life!

Sent on 01/24/2018

Lisa · Married on 10/21/2017

The cake was amazing and they decorated it exactly how I wanted!!!! Sooo impressed

Sent on 10/23/2017