Cakes by Pink Reviews

Cakes by Pink 5
  • Deirdre

Deirdre Dempsey · Married on 06/29/2019

Awesome cake!!

Cheesecake/traditional cake combination was a huge hit!!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Ana · Married on 05/10/2019

Absolutely Beautiful Cake!!! Exactly what I wanted!!! Couldn't have had anything better!!!
    Taste and look was exeptional!!!!! Thank you soooo much!!

Sent on 01/12/2013

Debbie Keeley · Married on 04/20/2019

Loved it!!!

Cake was beautiful and delicious. I have already recommend her to couple friends.

Sent on 04/29/2019
    Cakes by Pink 6

Alana P · Married on 04/13/2019

One of the most amazing wedding cakes EVER!

Carolyn was amazing to work with! She was always quick to respond and very thorough. We sent her inspiration pictures for our wedding cake and she executed it perfectly (photo on the right is the inspiration photo, photo on the left is our wedding cake). Every guest at our wedding was in awe of how beautiful the cake was and how heavenly it tasted! Carolyn is known for her cakes but her cheesecakes are out of this world! For our wedding, we couldn't decide if we wanted cake or cheesecake and Carolyn enabled us to have both...IN THE SAME CAKE!! We would recommend Carolyn to anyone for any event!

Sent on 04/19/2019
    Cakes by Pink 7
    Cakes by Pink 8
  • Yvonne

Yvonne Howard Silcox · Married on 03/16/2019

Absolutely perfect!

Carolyn made our daughter’s 4 layer cheesecake for their wedding this past weekend. She was extremely professional, always responsive and offered many suggestions to help with the entire process. She made the trip from Hudson to St. Pete just to provide samples for us to try. The cake was absolutely perfect! With some cakes you sacrifice taste for beauty, but our cake was perfectly exquisite and unbelievably delicious. I highly recommend the white chocolate raspberry and the butter pecan flavors! I would most definitely highly recommend Cakes by Pink!

Sent on 03/18/2019
    Cakes by Pink 9

Susie · Married on 01/19/2019

The first thing we usually do when picking out a cake for any occasion is finding a vendor that can take our ideas or dreams and turn them into something beautiful. It takes a very special person to take your dreams and make them come true, this incredible woman Carolyn is the most talented, kindest and patient person, which we all know is a difficult quality to find. But it's not just wedding cakes there are so many events these delicious masterpieces are a hot commodity! You must check out her website she specializes from cheesecakes to cakes so creative they will blow your mind and taste buds because the one thing that sets Carolyn apart from other CAKE MAKER's is that she cares not just the amazing appearance of the cake but the flavor(s) hands-down the most delicious cake I've ever had and I have about 50 people that will agree with me from my daughter's birthday.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Alexandra · Married on 11/04/2017

Loved my cake. Represented our family.

Sent on 12/19/2017

Shannon · Married on 10/17/2017

She made the most gorgeous cake for our wedding! So gorgeous I saw a waitress taking a picture of it! Everyone commented on how beautiful it was and the TASTE. OH MY GOD. Heaven. Cheesecake, creamy heaven. We had half white chocolate raspberry and turtle and they were both beyond delicious. She was wonderful to work with, answers texts so quickly! Funny tale about how delicious the cake really is...so we're from Boston and had our wedding in clearwater, so flying home afterwards I had the top half of the cake to freeze and save for our one year anniversary. I was also imagining with complete joy, getting home and possibly cutting the cake in half and eating half and saving just the other half for our anniversary. The TSA's at the airport were mean mean mean terrible people and would not allow us to take it on board. I fought. I cried. I begged. I was prepared to miss my flight to fight for that cake. Needless to say I lost the fight. Tears pouring down my face, with no shame I reached in with my hands and took one ginormous bite of the cake and then threw the beautiful, delicious top half of that cake in the garbage while 50 people watched me. I swear my heart broke a little. So I hope that story gives you an idea of how truly amazing Cake by Pink is haha. We might need to fly down on our anniversary and order a cake to eat there during our vacation!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Katelyn · Married on 09/09/2017

Carolyn is amazing! She brought her cake tasting to my house and made it so simple to pick what I was really wanting. I love cheesecake and wasn't sure I would be able to get that in a wedding cake, but I was so wrong! She did such a great job with my cake, I had a layer of cheesecake and a layer of regular cake in each tier. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Lindsey · Married on 08/20/2017

Carolyn is, hands down, THE BEST choice for a cake and, in my opinion, the only choice! Her cakes are LITERALLY the best looking and best tasting cakes i have EVER had! I wish I would have found her for my wedding cake; however she did my baby shower cake, my sons first birthday cake, my friends wedding cake and another friends baby shower cake (you get the idea...she really is THE best!) If I could give her 10 stars I would. She will work with you to achieve the cake of your dreams and then actually deliver something better than you thought was possible. My sons first birthday party was jungle themed and I showed her several pictures of cakes that I loved on Pinterest and she combined them all and delivered a cake that blew every single picture I showed her away! When she delivered the cake I instantly started crying. Also, my son is allergic to dairy and Carolyn made him a dairy free smash cake! The cake was such a hit at your party that I ended up giving her information out to at least five other people! THANK YOU Carolyn!!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Kat · Married on 04/08/2017

We used Cakes by Pink for our wedding cake and the grooms cake we had at our rehearsal dinner. Carolyn was absolutely wonderful. She came to our home to do a tasting which was very convenient. We had her key lime cheesecake at our rehearsal dinner which our guests raved about. The raspberry swirl and white chocolate wedding cake flavors were also amazing! She was very easy to work with and was very responsive to any questions. We definitely plan on using Carolyn for future events!!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Alexandra · Married on 11/23/2016

She did an absolutely AMAZING job. She exceeded my expectations and quoted me well below other vendors for better quality and huge cakes! I was worried about running out but she did not over- sell me. We had plenty just as she said we would. She even made two mini wedding cakes for us for our tasting and we got to eat on them for weeks! We loved our service. I wish i lived in Florida so i could have her cake all the time, but we had a destination wedding.

Sent on 11/30/2016

Kelly Tiliakos · Married on 11/19/2016

Best. Cakes. Ever.

It’s always such a pleasure using Carolyn when I need a cake for my events. Her cakes are always delicious and fresh and the ordering process is always seamless. Delivery is a plus and makes it so easy. No have ordered from Carolyn several times and will continue to do so in the future.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Stephanie · Married on 05/21/2016

Carolyn was the right choice from the beginning. As soon as I called her she sent me pictures of her work which made my wedding planning life way easy. I was worried about having a three tiered cheese cake but she did it! She came to our house with mini cheesecakes to try and was flexible on the design and was very excited to create the perfect cake for us. It came out beautifully and everyone loved it. We had multiple flavors of cheesecake so it was fun to try them all!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Marisse · Married on 12/05/2015

My family used to LOVE the cakes made by Carolyn (owner) and would use her business for every birthday and special occasion. When we found out she had a separate cake business solely for weddings and other occasions, we reached out to her immediately for our wedding. Carolyn is amazing! She came to our house for our cake tasting and gave us a variety of flavors to choose from and taste. All was delicious, but we narrowed it down to our favorites (per tier) and gave her an idea of what we wanted our cake to look like. She executed everything beautifully! The cake was absolutely delicious (our guests are still talking about it!) and she made the cake just look exquisite. Thank you so much, Carolyn, for the perfect wedding cake!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/04/2015

We did two cakes, one traditional wedding layered cake made of all cheesecake and a grooms cake which she made a replica of a pool table. They were both incredible and we had tons of compliments on how good they tasted. She did one in purple with zebra and detailed it with bling which was beautiful. The pool table was so detailed down to the pool balls and cues. I could not have pictured it better. She helped pull our ideas together at the first meeting and brought so many samples. We highly recommend her for any event!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Lindsey · Married on 05/30/2015

I won't eat store bought cake. I simply won't. I prefer homemade cake and I was ready to have my mom make my wedding cake. Then I tried Cakes by Pink at a friends wedding. Oh my goodness! These are the best cakes you will have! I immediately met with Carolyn and she was extremely professional and accommodating. We custom designed my cake- made it of all different flavors and fillings and we even had enough in the budget to include a grooms cake once all was said and done! People loved the cake and it looked amazing. I couldn't believe it was MY wedding cake. I was overwhelmed by how it exceeded my expectations! The grooms cake was cheesecake, and I haven't had a better cheesecake in my life (and that includes all the New York cheescakes I've had). The cake and fillings she offers are outstanding. I can't recommend Carolyn and her business enough!!!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Laurin · Married on 02/14/2015

Carolyn did an amazing job on our cake! It was exactly what I pictured! We had chocolate with ganache and white chocolate mousse on the bottom tier, Yellow cake with Strawberry mousse in the middle and key lime and raspberry cheesecake for the top tier and every bite was scrumptious! People are still talking about it! I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 02/28/2015

Thank you Carolyn and Cakes by Pink for designing the perfect wedding cake! From our first tasting, our cake decision process and working with Carolyn was beyond enjoyable! Unable to decide on one flavor, Carolyn helped us design a perfect wedding cake with two of our favorites.... we even loved to have a key lime cheesecake flavor that our guests raved about for days! Also, Carolyn was very accommodating and helped design a cake based on my over decor vision and pictures I found. The cake was not only delicious, but it also looked stunning in our reception venue. I would recommend Carolyn and Cakes By Pink to any bride looking for a delicious and exquisitely designed wedding cake.

Sent on 01/12/2015
  • User4619360 · 2+ years ago

Carolyn made the most beautiful and delicious cake for my daughter's wedding day. She was extremely professional, coming to our house for the cake tasting and working with us to change the cake design a couple of times. The cake turned out just like our inspiration picture and was simply stunning. We received so many wonderful comments on how elegant it was and how good the different flavors tasted. She does an outstanding job and gives you the confidence that you will have everything turn out just how you want it.
    Carolyn was a true pleasure to work with. I highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Kelli · Married on 05/03/2014

BEST CAKE EVER! I had my heart set on cheesecake from the very beginning and everyone I went to told me that it was not possible. I did cake tastings at several different bakeries and everything was good but nothing was great. I still have dreams about Carolyn's cheesecake. Oh, and I must mention, cheesecake is the perfect cake for smashing in your new husband/wife's face. It doesn't crumble and go everywhere. My husband gave me a little cake smash on the nose (I had threatened him before hand) and the cheesecake just stuck right to me. No worries of crumbs or stains on the white dress! Carolyn made everything so easy. She brought samples to our home (during rush hour traffic, no less!) and created a cake that looked exactly like the picture I had shown her. She even delivered the cake to the venue so we didn't have to worry about a thing. I saved the top tier for our one year anniversary but I'm not sure it will last that long. I guess we'll just have to order a new one next year! Carolyn- you are wonderful and I am so thankful for all that you did.

Sent on 05/23/2014

Jamie · Married on 03/14/2014

Carolyn with Cakes by Pink was FANTASTIC!! For the sampling, she came to our house and brought to small cakes so that we could sample the different flavors. It was so hard to choose from all the different yummy ones!! We did a four tier cake, each with a different flavor. Unfortunately for me, the caterers at our venue did not slice the cake as I asked, and they just handed the cake slices out without asking which flavor the guest wanted, so we were left with a whole bunch of one flavor only left over and it was only flavor I got to try, but everyone really liked the flavors they had. We had a marble cake with chocolate mousse, a chocolate cake with raspberry mousse, a white cake with canoli filling, and then our top tier was a red velvet. I would definitely recommend!!

Sent on 04/27/2014

Nyx · Married on 06/01/2013

The cake was beautiful and delicious!!! The owner Carolyn met us to do a custom cake tasting with a mini wedding cake and was great to work with. She did close her store-front and now goes by "Cakes by Pink" for future reference.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Kelly · Married on 05/04/2013

No only did my cake look so pretty but the chocolate and raspberry so delicious! All of our guest loved the combo, the cake so so fresh and yummy!

Sent on 05/08/2013