Cakes by Nomeda Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• micifan6

Cori · Married on 04/19/2009

4.2

Nomeda was able to make us a beautiful custom wedding cake with the colors and style we asked for. She also was able to make an awesome groom's cake.

Sent on 05/05/2009

Julie · Married on 05/15/2010

4.2
      3.5

Our wedding was held at The Rusty Pelican, and Cakes by Nomeda was one of two vendors we could chose to make our cake. My husband and I agree the cake tasting was the best part of planning our wedding. We chose three different flavors for our cake, and all of them came out great.
    It was a bit difficult to get in contact with Nomeda. Email was pretty much our only option in communicating, and we sent her a picture of the design we liked. We wanted rhinestone banding on the cake, which we were going to provide. She thought we were going to put rhinestones all over the cake and told us she could not do that because of obvious safety issues. It took a few emails to explain what the banding was and that it would be removed before the cake was cut. Possibly due to miscommunication, our cake did not look like what we had envisioned. And unfortunately, it was noticeably leaning to the right.
    Even though the cake did not look like we wanted it to, it was the best wedding cake we have had. We saved the top layer of our cake and ate it on our one month anniversary. It tasted as good as it did on our wedding day!

Sent on 07/02/2010

Julie · Married on 02/28/2010

3.5

Cakes by Nomeda did a great job with the cake. There were a couple of hiccups in correspondence, but after a couple of emails and phone calls the issues were resolved. The cake came out wonderful as far as taste but not exactly of what we had hoped for in the looks category. Nomeda did a wonderful job but our design was a bit different, and I guess we were not on the same page, with all of the colors for the flowers. Everyone still loved the cake and they had no clue that it was not what I wanted exactly. They were very complimentative on the taste.

Sent on 03/31/2010

Chelsea · Married on 10/25/2008

1.4
      2.5
      2.0

I was very excited to hire Cakes by Nomeda after looking through her portfolio. She was much higher than the other quotes I had received, but I was so impressed by her portfolio that I was willing to pay more. I gave her a picture of the exact cake I wanted and she told me that it would be an easy cake to make. I was so upset when I saw the cake at my wedding. It was the wrong shape, the icing was falling off, it didn't look anything like the picture and it had a large dent in the side of it. The layers weren't even the same height. I contacted Nomeda when we returned from our honeymoon and her sister handled all of the dispute. I never actually got to talk to Nomeda. She told me that it must have been a miscommunication, but I really don't remember asking for a dented cake or icing falling off. After several emails back and forth, she agreed that she was at fault and said she would send me a check for for 25% of what I paid. After 2 weeks of waiting for the check, we contacted her again and eventually received an email back saying that she was sick and couldn't send the check. I have now received the check, but I don't feel it was fair. My cake was a joke at my wedding and the staff had to decided which side of the cake to face towards the wall, the side with the dent or the side with the icing falling off. I really feel like I should have received a full refund. I would not recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 01/01/2009

Anahita · Married on 09/02/2017

0.4
      0.5

We ordered our cake from Nomeda because she was on the preferred vendor list of our venue, The Don Cesar. Our venue charges $8 per head just to cut any cake you buy from a vendor that is not on their preferred list. We thought the vendors on the preferred list would deliver top quality products. Unfortunately, we were wrong. The cake Nomeda made for us started to fall apart before we started dinner. My husband and I didn't even get to eat our dinner because our wedding coordinator told us we had to rush to cut the cake before it got any worse. It is a tradition for us to do a knife dance when we cut cake in my culture. All of our pictures and video were ruined of this tradition because the cake was falling apart. My mom notified Nomeda and showed her pictures of the cake while we were on our honeymoon. She brushed it off by saying this never happened before, but did not offer anything in return. We contacted our venue to notify them as well and ask for their help in resolving this. The issue ended up being blamed on humidity. We are in Florida where it is high humidity year-round and she has told us this has never happened before. Furthermore, when we ordered the cake, she told us we would get the top tier of the cake to save for ourselves. We never did. Our wedding coordinator advised us the bottom two tiers were insufficient to feed our guests so they had to cut the top tier and serve it. I want to point out that we ordered cake for 125 guests and only 119 actually came so we ordered more than enough. She never even addressed this issue. All in all, I think if I were her I would be mortified that this happened to a couple on the most important day of their lives. I would take full responsibility for my cake not being structurally sound, apologize, and give them a full refund. Sadly, she was not willing to do this. I would never use her again or recommend her to anyone. No one deserves to go through this

Sent on 10/10/2017