Cakes by Nomeda Reviews

80 | Palm Harbor, FL

80 Reviews for Cakes by Nomeda

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Marsha · Married on 11/04/2017

So beautifully simple, and so absolutely delicious. Our guests raved about the macadamia nut signature layers and the lemon filing layer and the icing. The chocolate flourless cake was a huge hit with our GF guests, and I saw a few people sneaking a slice of it after they had their regular cake. So many people said “best wedding cake ever”.

Shirley · Married on 10/14/2017

We met with Nomeda just two months prior to out wedding. She welcomed us into her home for the cake tasting. Very flexible, courteous and professional. The cake was AMAZING!! Beautiful design. She captured exactly what we wanted and it was so delicious!! Highly recommend!

Kate · Married on 11/11/2016

We loved both of our cakes! Nomeda was able to make my vision a reality! During our tasting, we were able to try from a large selection of flavors (all were amazing) and we went over the designs for both the wedding cake and the groom's cake. All of our guests kept saying how good the cakes were! My husband loved his Tennessee Vols/golf themed cake and it came out just how I was hoping it would! She even provided us with little to-go boxes for the left overs!

• F

Francesca · Married on 10/15/2016

Oh my goodness! SHE MADE US THE BEST TASTING/LOOKING CAKE WE HAVE EVER TASTED! Multiple guests at the wedding were raving about it. My mother actually asked if she could have some of the cake that we brought home! The consistency, the frosting and the decorations were all absolutely perfect. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!
    Wedding date : 10/15/16

Mareena · Married on 09/17/2016

Amazing cake! We did tastings with 4 different vendors, and Nomeda was definitely unlike any of the others we tried. She has so many different flavors to choose from, with both European and American options. She was very welcoming and her work was beautiful. She even emailed me a few days before the wedding to ask if we'd be ok with her throwing in a cake stand at no charge as she thought it would look great with our cake. My mom was so upset that she didn't think to ask to have some of the leftover cake boxed up for her because it was SO GOOD. We can't wait to eat our top tier on our anniversary!

Heather · Married on 10/10/2015

Our cakes were so beautiful and turned out better than we could have imagined! People were in love with the flavors and blown away by the quality.

We had a cake by Nomeda for our wedding on 07/31/15. It was fantastic! We had a destination wedding so we never got to meet her or do the tasting. We just talked over email and she gave me exactly what I dreamed of. I sent her pictures of pinterest pictures and told her what tastes we like. The cake tasted awesome, even the day after from a small hotel refrigerator. Thanks for a great experience Nomeda.

Barna/Fallon Wedding.

Nomeda provided my wedding cake on July 3, 2015. My groom and I met with Nomeda at the end of May for a tasting. She was so accommodating! Her bakery was closed due to renovations, so she allowed my groom and I to conduct the tasting at her home. We tasted the most popular cakes... approximately 8-10 flavors. We were able to customize each of our three tiers. One tier being cookies and cream, another being raspberry with amaretto, and finally chocolate with chocolate frosting. All three layers were absolutely delicious! We received MANY compliments about our cake. Even the fondant was amazing and I'm not a lover of fondant, but it was a white chocolate infused fondant which was pretty yummy. At the end of the night, we brought our cake back to our hotel room and by the end of the weekend, our family devoured it all! : ) I would HIGHLY recommend Nomeda's cakes. My husband and I are going to order a raspberry with amaretto cake (our favorite of the three tiers) for our one year anniversary.... Nomeda said we can order it and she'll ship to us as we live out of state! : )

The cake that Nomeda designed for our wedding was perfect for our theme. She did a textured look with fresh cut flowers as the decorations. The flavor of the cake was fantastic! We highly recommended the European style. We had a 3-tier cake with different flavors at each tier. We had the raspberry, amaretto, and coconut flavors. All the flavors were thoroughly enjoyed by our guests! The coconut flavor was one of my favorites. Thankfully, My fiancé who hates desserts flavored with coconut due to the texture actually chose the coconut as one of his favorites. Nomeda does not use the dried coconut in her cakes which helps with those guests who do not like coconut due to the texture. Nomeda is great to work with for a wedding cake! She produces wonderful whimsical wedding cakes with flavors that are decadent.

Danielle · Married on 02/07/2015

We had two cake choice vendors that was included with our wedding package at the Hyatt. Nomeda was one and I am so thankful that she was! From the first time meeting her we could tell she was very passionate about what she does and a true artist. Her cake flavors are different and so delicious! I love sweets, however I do not like super sweet cakes and frostings. Nomeda's cakes are the perfect balance and a must try! She was very sweet to work with, and made sure that the cake was exactly how I envisioned it! It was so beautiful on the day of our wedding! My only regret is that I did not actually eat any of our cake at our wedding! We were so busy that by the time we got back to our table it was no longer there! We did have a lot of leftovers so we did get to try one of the flavors, but the flavor that I was most excited about I didn't even get to try! So a word to the wise bride-to-bes, make time to eat some of your cake, even if it is only a bite!!!! We actually already ate our top layer of cake because it was that good! We decided that we are going to reach out to Nomeda on our year anniversary to re make us a small one instead of worrying about how it was going to taste in a year! Thank you for making our wedding cake perfect, Nomeda!!!!!!

Exceptional customer service and delicious cakes! Our wedding cake and groom cake turned out perfectly and the taste was incredible! We would highly recommend Cakes by Nomeda!

Nicole · Married on 11/09/2014

Cakes by Nomeda was OUTSTANDING! We chose to have a European style wedding cake—some layers with amaretto and some layers with raspberry and lemon. And we had an astounding number of guests tell us it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. In addition, it was beautiful! Nomeda was a pleasure to work with and the cake was delicious! You will not be disappointed!

• Meian

Meian · Married on 10/25/2014

Cakes by Nomeda was one of the vendor options provided by the reception venue. When asked by the site manager and wedding planner, Nomeda was in the top 3 on the list. I narrowed it down to two based on reviews on Weddingwire and other wedding sites. But, as soon as we sampled Nomeda's cake, the other vendor was no competition. We knew we wanted her to design and bake our wedding cake.

I emailed Nomeda back and forth with ideas that I wanted the cake to look like and each time, she emailed me back quickly and even provided suggestions to make it better. She was also honest about costs and being able or not able to do what I wished. I also rented a cake stand from her, which was a plus since I didn't have to worry about renting it from someone else.

I'm still receiving compliments on how delicious the cake tasted. Nomeda was able to deliver exactly what I wanted and imagined for our wedding cake.

Michelle · Married on 10/24/2014

Everyone was very impressed with the cake Nomeda made for my wedding! Not only was it gorgeous, it tasted great! Her European style cakes have great flavor and texture! You will not be disappointed with Cakes by Nomeda :-)

Kelly · Married on 10/19/2014

Nomeda is so talented and so sweet. We were so late to our appointment with her because of traffic but she was so sweet and happy to stay and chat with us. The cake she made us was beautiful. I brought her a picture of what I wanted and she came up with some really creative touches to make it even better. Her cake was also delicious! We got so many compliments. Thanks Nomeda! Very, very easy to work with and great service!

Jillian · Married on 06/28/2014

"Gorgeous", "Yummy", "Amazing" are just some of the terms people have used to describe my wedding cake! I would like to say "Perfect". I had a very specific look I was going for when it came to my cake because it was showcased on a stage in a room with very high ceilings. Nomeda created the most beautiful, over the top, 6 tier wedding cake with alternating gold and white tiers and black and white striped bows to pull in my ceremony decor and my reception decor. Simply put, it was stunning! And to top it all off, it was DELICIOUS!
    Thank you Nomeda for creating a masterpiece! Even my husband (who wasn't into having a cake at all) said he thought it was really cool and glad we had a big cake! You're the BEST!

Andrea · Married on 06/14/2014

This vendor was incredible to work with! Unique European baking style made for amazing cake flavors that all our guests loved! She was able to create an exact replica of the cake I designed and sketched for her which was very impressive!! She even included the design from my wedding gown on a layer of the cake and was able to use the personalized cake topper I had ordered! Delicious cake! Will definitely use her again when I need a cake for a special occasion.

Amanda · Married on 05/30/2014

Cakes by Nomeda was a recommended vendor from the Sandpearl Resort, where my husband and I were married. I consulted with my wedding planner, Jackie Ross with Table 6 Productions and she highly recommended her as well. My husband and I are not huge fans of the typical American cake/frosting combo so we definitely wanted a European cake. Nomeda is wonderful to work with. She is very accommodating, easy to get in touch with, and does a phenomenal job. Plus, her cakes are delicious. I would recommend her 100%!

Allison · Married on 04/12/2014

Nomeda did our wedding cake for our Clearwater Beach wedding and we were highly impressed. We had tried other cakes that we thought were good, but once we tried Nomeda's cakes, we realized these were by far the best wedding cakes we have ever had! We chose her European Raspberry and European Amaretto flavors, and our guests loved them. Honestly though, we struggled to pick our flavors since all of her wedding cake flavors are so good!!! We had numerous compliments about our wedding cake and how delicious it was! Not to mention, Nomeda did a fantastic job with the presentation of the cake as well! I would highly recommend Cakes by Nomeda when chosing your wedding cake. Not only is her cake the MOST delicious wedding cake you'll ever eat, but she is such an easy vendor to work with as well!

• Carly

Carly · Married on 02/22/2014

We were so happy with our cake baker, Cakes by Nomeda. Nomeda was so friendly and easy to work with. Her cakes were absolutely delicious with a great variety of flavors. You can tell the difference in taste with her cakes as everything is made fresh from scratch. Her fondant icing is the best I have ever had! There is a true difference in the taste of her product from other cake bakers. We were so happy with her work and our cake turned out better than we could have hoped for!

Taylor · Married on 01/31/2014

Never had European cake before and it was a hit!!! Loved every bite!

Nomeda was wonderful to work with! She made the cake come out exactly how I wanted it!!! Her cakes are so good and everyone was in love with it! The grooms cake came out so good that people actually thought it was a box of cigars and not a cake! She was great to work with and her prices are the best!

Dyana · Married on 09/21/2013

I heard about Nomeda through a friend that had used her for her wedding cake; she had told me she did a great job and was reasonable in price. And she was right! From the first time we met Nomeda, I knew she was the one I wanted to make my cake (and groom's cake). Although there are many cake bakers in the Tampa area, I was finding I wasn't impressed with the looks of the cakes. Once I saw Nomeda's work, however, I could tell she was truly talented and that I could trust her with the most expensive dessert I'll ever buy. The best part about her services is that she bakes European style cakes, which are so much more moist and full of flavor than American style cake (which she offers as well). We almost died and went to heaven at the tasting, especially after having the European Amaretto (which became our top tier flavor)!! I showed her my ideas I had gotten from Pinterest, and she quickly drew up a beautiful new creation that I absolutely couldn't wait to see come to life. When the day came and I entered the reception hall, I was ecstatic at how it turned out, and couldn't stop gushing at how beautiful it was. And later after it was cut, we got so many compliments on the taste of not only the main cake, but the groom's cake (which also turned out fabulously -- a USF Bulls logo)! We were very pleased with her services, especially the price, which we felt was a great deal for the quality of work. Thank you again, Nomeda, will definitely recommend!

Having been to bunch of weddings, I almost never eat the cake. Much of the time, it's not very good or all tastes the same. I had tried Cakes by Nomeda a while ago at an event and was blown away! Her cakes not only look amazing, but the flavor was incredible. A whole bunch of our guests came up to us and told how much they loved the cake and how different from the norm it was. If you are looking for a Publix cake, these are not it, the flavor and design and WAY better!

LaDonna and Kenroy · Married on 06/09/2013

OMG our cake was so beautiful and delicious! Nomeda did a great job executing what we requested! We had a three tier cake with cookies and cream on the top and bottom layer and red velvet in the second tier. The cake was so good and the cookies and cream was a huge hit with our guests. When my husband and I met with Nomeda for the tasting we were very happy that the cakes were not sugary/too sweet. Furthermore, her pricing was very reasonable which was important for us.

We were very happy with our cake and our guests are still talking about the cookies and cream cake!