Cakes by MooShu Reviews

Cakes by MooShu 5
Cakes by MooShu 6
Cakes by MooShu 7

Kristen · Married on 02/02/2019

Paula is amazing! She has worked side by side with me over the last few months to make my vision a reality.

She is such a sweet lady and she really enjoys what she does and is amazing at it also.

She will meet with you for cake tasting, work with any budget, and just all around care about making your day an amazing one.

My cake looked amazing and tasted even better. I received compliments all night on what a wonderful tasting a looking cake I had. I loved it so much that I didn't want to share with anyone else!

Paula has now become my "ONLY" cake lady. Can't wait to work with her in the future.

Katie · Married on 04/14/2018

Paula made the cake for my October 2015 wedding and it was phenomenal! She was so easy to work with and had all sorts of amazing suggestions that really made our cake special. She was really competitively priced and of course the most important thing was that the cake was both beautiful and super yummy! I am hoping to use her again for my daughters first birthday!

Heather · Married on 01/06/2018

Great experience for my wedding cake. She was very responsive to my questions and even met up with me to pick up my cake topper and cake flowers (I used silk because they're more food safe). Did a vanilla cake with butternut filling and fresh strawberries. Everyone said it was delicious and most people went back for seconds. If I did it again I'd probably skip the fresh strawberries and do jam so it wasn't so moist in the middle. Still delicious though. Would totally recommend and will hire her again in the future.

Cakes by MooShu 8
    Cakes by MooShu 9
    Cakes by MooShu 10

Erika · Married on 10/14/2017

Paula is exceptional! Truly the best in the business. She goes above and beyond to make your wedding cake perfection. She cares about every detail and of the cake. Not only are her cakes delicious but gorgeous. I would use her time and time again to do all of my family cakes in the future.

Cakes by MooShu 11
    Cakes by MooShu 12
    Cakes by MooShu 13
    Cakes by MooShu 14
    Cakes by MooShu 15
    Cakes by MooShu 16

Charnelle · Married on 10/07/2017

100% suggestions. Go here for a wedding cake
    YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Kasey · Married on 07/14/2017

Paula is amazing and made the most delicious cake for our wedding. It was truly a work of art. All of our guests loved our red velvet swirl cake and went on and on about how good it was. We are so happy with our choice to have Paula make our dream wedding cake and will be referring all our friends and family to Moo Shu for future cake needs! Thanks again Paula

Deanna · Married on 05/13/2017

She did a nursing cake for my graduation party and it was adorable and delicious. Definitely worth every penny! She is great.

Denise · Married on 04/23/2017

Call with lots of time in advance because Paula is always booked, but she's absolutely fantastic!!! The cake was delicious and perfectly proportioned between the topping and actual cake. I forgot the cake topper at home but she did her best to make the cake look stunning.

tasha · Married on 03/18/2017

Paula saved my wedding. Not only was the cake amazing ( it looked and tasted like heaven). But when photographer canceled last minute Paula recommended an amazing photographer. I can not recommended her enough. My guests were floored by how gorgeous the cake was. Paula can work magic with any budget, and believe me her cakes are delish!

Toni · Married on 01/07/2017

Paula is the best! She will work with you til you get the perfect cake for your event. Our wedding cake got so many wonderful comments. Not just how beautiful it was, but also how good it tasted. I fully reccommend Cakes by Mooshu. You won't regret it.

Erin · Married on 10/12/2016

Paula was wonderful! She did my wedding cake at short notice, and it turned out wonderful! It was delicious, and everyone love it! I would absolutely recamend her to make your cake.

• W

Wendy · Married on 08/01/2016

Paula is great, she made our son's second birthday cake and not only did it look amazing, it tasted great as well!

Diane · Married on 04/16/2016

I would not hesitate for a moment in using this vendor. The cake was absolutely beautiful, and everyone said it was the best cake they have ever had at a wedding. And Paula was so patient with me while I was deciding what cake and fillings I wanted. I could not have been happier!!!

Clarissa · Married on 02/22/2016

Paula was great.... When my caterer backed out 4 days before the wedding Paula was more than willing to make my cake..... It was so good.... Thank u so much paula I'm so very grateful

AMBER · Married on 02/20/2016

She was so easy to work with. I talked to other cake venders and she had the best tasting cake and was really reasonable priced.

Danielle · Married on 01/30/2016

Cakes by MooShu was amazing! Paula did my wedding cake and it was beautiful...and tasted amazing! We got red velvet wit cream cheese frosting!! Our guests ravedddd over it!! It was exactly what I wanted, nor to extravagant or elegant but still beautiful! She can do anything you ask!! She was very helpful as well with amazing customer services and quick email responses! It was amazing working with her!! I definitely recommend her for any event you need tasty deserts for! She met us before the wedding to taste cakes and go over details! Everything was perfect!!!

Laura · Married on 01/16/2016

Paula is amazing!!! I would recommend her to anyone! The cake was not only beautiful but it was the most delicious cake I have ever had. She was on top of every detail and took my ideas and improved them beyond my wildest dreams! Thank you Paula!!! You made our day even better!

Jen · Married on 01/03/2016

Paula with Cakes By Mooshu was fantastic. From the get go, we appreciated that she was well-rated, that her website had tons of pictures of her work, and that her pricing was transparent. She responded to my request quickly, and we picked several flavor options to try during our free(!!) tasting. My husband and I live in Flagstaff and could only meet with vendors on the weekends, but Paula was flexible and worked hard to find a time to meet with us quickly. When we met, she baked us 4 mini cakes with different cake, filling, and frosting flavors. They were all delicious, but we decided to go with the spice cake with vanilla pudding filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. Paula talked to us about our vision for the cake and our budget, and worked with us to design a cake that we loved but still fit in to our budget. Paula even reduced the price on some of the decorating work she did to fit our budget. On the day of the wedding, neither my husband or I actually saw Paula-- she came in to our reception space and set up the cake before any of us got there. The cake looked absolutely beautiful, and we got compliments all night long about how delicious it was. There was actually quite a bit of cake left over, and we and our family ate it over the next week-- it was that good!

Paula was absolutely great to work with. She's professional, talented, sweet, and her prices are very fair. I would definitely recommend her!

Paula is a caring person. She makes you feel comfortable and at ease. Paula wants the bride to be happy and enjoy her day, The word of the day was awesome. (The wedding guests comments.) I have already given a friend Paula's card.

Alexa · Married on 11/21/2015

Paula is outstanding! I wouldn't look further. She made both our wedding cake and the groom's cake, and our guests cannot stop talking about either! I wanted a simple wedding cake with frosting and we chose pumpkin spice as the flavor. I've gotten texts from guests telling they are still thinking about how good it was! The groom's cake is what I've been telling people is my favorite memory of the wedding. It was chocolate cake with a fudge filling and the decorations were just amazing. It was my husband's "favorite things" cake complete with a golf cart, fishing boat, beer, football, airplane, and topped with his family crest on the third tier. A quick description doesn't do it justice, all 185 guests told me how awesome that cake was.

Throughout it all, Paula was incredibly easy to work with and creative! She was able to understand exactly what I wanted and make it come to life in an even more beautiful way. I wouldn't hesistate to recommend her over and over again and I'm looking for more opportunities to bring cakes places so I can use her again. :)

Paula was so amazing, accommodating, flexible, friendly and the cake tasted/looked absolutely amazing! Would definitely use her services again and recommend them to anyone!

Taylor · Married on 10/24/2015

This review is more than a year overdue, but I need to share my WONDERFUL experience with Paula (MooShu) with other brides! My husband and I met with Paula and she instantly put our mind at ease and she provided generously-sized cake samples (raspberry and cookies & cream - SO DELISH!) so we could decide on the perfect cake & filling flavors for us. Throughout our conversations with Paula, she was extremely professional and incredibly knowledgeable about the cake business. Paula worked with us to design our perfect cake within our budget. On the day of our wedding, Paula delivered the cake to our reception and it looked so gorgeous, I didn't want to cut into it! The two flavors we chose were DELICIOUS and we received rave reviews from our guests about how beautiful and tasty our cake was. We plan to order a cake from Paula every year to celebrate our anniversaries to come. Thank you so much, Paula!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Cakes by MooShu's reply:

Thank you so much Taylor and Michael, I'm so glad you and your guests loved your cake. It truly was a beautiful cake, but taste is very important as well and I'm glad everyone was happy. It was such a pleasure to work with you both. Have a wonderful holiday season.

michelle · Married on 04/25/2015

She really worked with our budget and made last minute changes for us. Plus the cake tasted delicious!

Paula did an amazing job on my wedding cake! I had some ideas and she made them come alive! It was even prettier than I imagined! She also gave me recommendations on both decorations and flavoring of the filling. The cake matched my bouquet and centerpieces perfect!

Thank you sooo much!! I couldn't be happier with the turn out! :)

Andrea · Married on 03/29/2015

If this is your first time looking online for someone to make a cake for your special occasion then Paula is your girl! I ran to the internet after the lady who was suppose to make my sister-in-law's wedding cake backed out on us a MONTH before the wedding. I literary went to every cake bakery's website throughout the Phoenix area and everyone was either pricey or the wedding was short notice. Plus, not to mention the difficult shape that my sister in law wanted for her top cake tear. When I found Paula it was God's sent. Paula was so helpful and understanding it was unbelievable! Her prices are reasonable and she makes all your ideas come to life! When we saw the cake finished it was everything my sister in law and brother in law hoped for, especially when their not the easiest to impress! :) Not only did the cake look amazing but it was also delicious! Her fondant was the best I've ever tasted it wasn't tough like most fondant! We picked her famous red velvet swirl which I recommend everyone to try if you don't want something too sweet but not plain either! The cake was such a big hit that people were wanting me to give them Paula's information so they can order cakes whenever they need one! So if you want someone who is professional, creative, inexpensive and has the sweetest personality! Call Paula at Cakes by MooShu!