cakes by lori Reviews

cakes by lori 2
cakes by lori 3

Brenna · Married on 12/01/2018

Wonderful!

Lori made two beautiful cakes for our wedding, along with four types of cupcakes! They were not only pretty but delicious and we had tons of compliments!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2018

Cakes by Lori did an amazing job on capturing my vision! We ordered a cutting cake for my husband and I to cut during our reception, and cupcakes for the rest of our guests! I wanted very clean, white and simple and Cake by Lori delivered just that! We loved our wedding cake and it tasted SO good! So many compliments from our guests! I highly recommend the lemon cake with raspberry filling (our cake) and our fan favorite cupcake was a white cupcake, with strawberry filling and Bavarian cream (tastes just like a strawberry shortcake)!

cakes by lori 4

Sammer Jones · Married on 09/01/2018

In good hands

Lori was amazing. She took my vision and created a masterpiece. I shared with her how great everyone at my Renewal said the cake was and that by the time I took a break to eat a piece, it was all gone. She then promised to make me samples whenever I was in the area. She did! That was beyond the call of duty. I can't thank her enough. I recommend all my friends to her. She makes all my special occasion cakes.

Rachel · Married on 08/11/2018

Our wedding cake was made by Lori. and she did such an amazing job! The cake was delicious, and she beautifully arranged florals on it (provide by Blossom's basket). Overall, would totally recommend Cakes by Lori to everyone! It was amazing.

Sent on 09/12/2018
    cakes by lori 5

cakes by lori's reply:

Thank you! I'm so glad you were pleased with your cake and experience with Cakes by Lori...It was my pleasure and honor to be a part of your wedding!

Morgan · Married on 06/09/2018

Our wedding cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious! Lori did an excellent job and several of our guests even asked where the cake was from. Lori was easy to work with, flexible, had great rates, and the quality of cake was great. I would highly recommend Cakes by Lori!

Amanda · Married on 03/24/2018

Working with Cakes by Lori was a wonderful experience. We had a consultation in which we were able to taste different cakes and fillings as well as describe the design we were hoping for. We had a wonderful time. I also found the prices to be quite reasonable. The cake was absolutely delicious! The cake was delivered on time despite an unexpected snow storm. I would highly recommend to anyone!

Caitlin · Married on 10/07/2017

We loved it! Lori did a great job!

Allison · Married on 12/03/2016

We are very much looking forward to receiving our cake! Lori was super helpful and flexible with our order! Unbeatable rates when booking at the Hawthorn, we even upgraded. Hope it tastes as good as it looks!

Chelsea · Married on 12/03/2016

The cake was beautiful and so delicious! She was very easy to work with and answered messages in a timely manner! I would highly recommend Cakes by Lori!

Dustin · Married on 11/11/2016

Let Lori take care of your cake! From the planning stages to the finished product, she was very helpful with her advice, the service was great, and the finished product both looked great and was delicious. All of our guests were very pleased!

• W

Whitney · Married on 10/22/2016

Lori was fantastic to work with! She was quick to respond to any questions I had and very flexible to work with. Our cake and cupcakes for our wedding where delicious and we received several compliments from our wedding guests! I would highly recommend Lori for any event!

Kelsey · Married on 10/01/2016

Cake not only looked amazing but tasted amazing as well!!

Andrea · Married on 09/24/2016

Lori was exactly what I was hoping for in a cake designer! I had some bad experiences with some of the other places around town, being condescending or just not wanting to take the time to talk with me. I was surprised by their attitude. Then I called Lori, it was like talking to that favorite Aunt that you love. I just knew by talking to her on the phone she was the one I wanted to use! She was available to meet with me right away, had amazing samples to try and extra to take home with me and was excited about the design I was wanting. She was so easy to work with and her cake tasted so great on the day of the wedding. I just knew I didn't have to worry about anything with her. I even have her business cards at my business (a local jewelry store) so when brides come I can recommend her! I wish I could post a picture of my beautiful cake!

Sent on 12/08/2016

cakes by lori's reply:

Andrea-- It was more than my pleasure to work with you on your wedding cake. Loved your design--and even more loved your excitement at our meeting!! I'll be your "Aunt" any day!!!

Lori has been great to work with so far! She is very knowledgeable and very professional. I sent her a picture of the cake I was wanting and she was able to give me a quote in no time. I am confident my cake will be exactly how I envision it to be :)

Heather · Married on 09/17/2016

Lori did an AMAZING job of making my cake look exactly how I pictured it. It tasted delicious and we got so many compliments. She is great to work with and she really puts her heart and soul into her creations.”

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2016

Lori was incredible! She was very flexible and open to any ideas that I had for my cake and was so helpful when trying to decide cake flavors for our sheet cakes. Her prices were also very reasonable. I was confident that everything would turn out perfect, so that was one less stress on the day of! I would recommend (and do recommend) Cakes by Lori to anyone!

Lori was amazing. She was so accommodating in every way. We live out of town and Lori was great with scheduling. She worked around when we could into the champaign area. We even had the ribbon for our cake shipped directly to her, and when the ribbon wasn't long enough she went through her stock and found a replacement that worked great! Everyone loved how beautiful our cake was and even more so how flavorful. If you are getting married in the champaign area definitely give Lori a call!

Sent on 09/13/2016

cakes by lori's reply:

Sp glad you were happy with your cake!! I loved working with you. Wishing you the best life has to offer--- love---health and happiness!!!

Sarah · Married on 08/06/2016

Lori did a wonderful job with our wedding cake! Her prices were incredibly reasonable and she took the time to truly understand what we wanted and incorporated our ideas and interests into the cake perfectly.

Amanda · Married on 07/16/2016

Our cake was beautiful and exactly as planned! We look forward to getting a new top tier for our first anniversary!

Ellen · Married on 06/04/2016

Lori is incredibly creative, talented, and easy to work with. She makes cakes that look and taste just like the super expensive boutique bakeries, but hers come at much more reasonable prices. She caters to the bride and groom to make their vision come to life. We wanted a trendy cake design that we first saw on Pinterest, and Lori was able to create exactly what we envisioned! All of our guests raved about our cake, especially the chocolate salted carmel combo!!

Kailey · Married on 03/19/2016

I love LORI! She was so sweet, and she made my day extra sweet with her wonderful cake and cupcakes! She is one of the main reasons we booked with the Hawthorn, and I am still confident she was reason enough to book with them. Her gourmet cupcakes were such a hit of the wedding - s'mores, lemon raspberry, mint chocolate, reeses, strawberry cheesecake, and more...everyone enjoyed that and the cake looked beautiful, so much so that no one even noticed that our topper was missing! ha ha Really though...one of the best decisions you could make for your cupcakes!

Sent on 03/23/2016

cakes by lori's reply:

I'm so glad you enjoyed your cupcakes!! I had so much fun working with you!! Congratulations!!!!

Kaylea · Married on 02/06/2016

Love Lori. It was like working with s friend.

Kaylea · Married on 02/06/2016

Really enjoyed working with Lori! She truly is an expert at what she does and has an amazing talent. Her cakes are just as good to eat as they are to look at!

Sandra · Married on 01/23/2016

When my original cake person had an emergency, Lori was willing to be a standby until we found out the status of our original cake. Lori ended up making our cake and it was beautiful, and all the layers were delicious. She communicated with us as much as we needed her to, and the end result was amazing! I would definitely use her again.

Lori is absolutely amazing to work with. She is incredibly responsive to her emails and makes you feel like you are a top priority. She was so flexible and understanding when my fiance and I had to reschedule our tasting due to his work schedule. The tasting itself was wonderful with many options and no pressure. She paid attention to our details and has a great personality. The cake tastes amazing!

Sent on 05/01/2015

cakes by lori's reply:

So glad you were happy with your cake!! Thanks again-- the pleasure was all mine!