Cakes by kemi Reviews

Cakes by kemi 2
Cakes by kemi 3
Cakes by kemi 4

Katherine · Married on 05/19/2018

Kemi has always made amazing cakes and she out did herself for our wedding. The cake was not only what we asked for it was spot on in flavor, texture, etc. the venue said they had never had a cake line so long and we only had a small portion left at the end of the evening.

Sent on 05/29/2018
    Cakes by kemi 5

Richard · Married on 03/11/2018

There are only three things that stand out in a wedding how beautiful the bride is, who cried the most, and who made that cake! Well Cakes by Kemi was definitely a conversation starter for their creative yet simple and elegant approach to what was easily a superior cake. The beautiful Elegance of how it was presented was as if it was prepared for a wedding magazine but in adding her own special touches it was extremely personal for both myself and the groom. Seeing as my groom is a lover of comic books, Marvel in particular. Throughout the cake were Marvel figurines large enough to be noticed but small enough to not take away from the radiance of the cake that was prepared. It is in those small details that the True Heart of the baker came out. Because without those little things it would not have changed the flavor The Taste or the texture of the cake but that personal note to give a bit of a wink to the groom was almost enough to bring tears to his eyes. The line for the cake was ridiculous even those who regularly do not eat cake we're walking away with a second plate just going to show that presentation isn't everything if the flavor doesn't follow. I will definitely be bringing business back for the most simple of occasions just for the opportunity to see her creativity take work and to taste the Delicacies that this culinary Fashionista can put together. So see you on the Infinity War release date, Wakanda forever!

Sent on 03/13/2018
    Cakes by kemi 6
    Cakes by kemi 7
    Cakes by kemi 8

Kendala · Married on 08/12/2017

Kemi created a cake that was as beautiful as it was amazing. We hated to have to cut into it but savored the taste. She works great with design and was far less exspensive than what her work is worth.

Sent on 08/14/2017

My event was planned from Atlanta Georgia for metro detroit area and everything was in place fresh appealing and very good. .my wife and I was doing photos with the cake and couldn't put it down...loved it..2 flavor sheet with a premium batter at no extra cost. ..unlike all othe competitors. ..loved it loved it

Gloria · Married on 10/27/2013

I searched online for for a baker in 2012 because cakes by ? cancel my cake order because they were to busy on wedding cakes to fill my birthday cake order. I found Cakes by Kemi, I ordered a 3 tier pillow cake in purple and gold, she promised to make and delivery my cake on time. When she delivered I was very relieved to see how professional and well put together she was. My guest loved that Red Velvet and the matching mask cupcakes. So a year later I am still ordering all sorts of things from her, there is nothing I have threw at her that she has not put her touch of love and expertise on, she has not failed once, and I order plenty. ALSO TRY HER WHITE CHOCOLATE COVER STRAWBERRIES WITH ROASTED PECANS...I promise you will not be sorry you hired her as your baker. Try the Key Lime. Thanks Kemi

Angel · Married on 10/27/2013

Hello, I live in Detroit Michigan, my sister just did a baby shower for my brother and wife, she brought a BEAUTIFUL CAKE AND CUPCAKES all the way from Atlanta. When I say they were beautiful, good and moist, you would of never know they traveled by car two days before the event. I don't know Kemi and this is the first time I have had the pleasure of indulging in her work of art, So I say hats off to you girl, you need to come to Michigan....Great Job. (p.s, I kept the little teddy bear, couldn't bear to eat it, so cute)

Sent on 10/28/2013

I had the cupcakes at a baby shower in Detroit they were the best the baby girl and teddy bear topping was 3D and perfect.

regina · Married on 10/27/2013

Thanks you my cup cakes & cake for my shower was wonderful

Rae · Married on 10/19/2013

I have found my "cake lady" for LIFE! Kemi took our vision and brought it to life. Not only did the cakes look wonderful, but tasted sinful! EVERYONE commented on how nice the cake was, especially the grooms cake (it was a grand piano :o). Kemi has made us her customers for life - our bday parties, anniversary, just because... Kemi is our cake soulmate! SHE IS DEDICATED TO THE CUSTOMER!

Amber · Married on 09/10/2013

I love Kemi she's the best, I refer all my friends to her, she has the most favorable cakes and cupcakes I've ever had. She is very professional, prompt and true to her word. Her art work is the best I ever seen. I really can't say enough good things about Cakes by Kemi, I just have loved everything she done for us.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Kemi is AWESOME!!! Works within your budget. I would encourage you to be very very specific as she delivers exactly what you ask for, which I love! Received tons of compliments on my wedding cake and it was delicious! Delivered on time and without any issues. I would definitely use Cakes by Kemi again!

Sent on 01/17/2014

I had a huge problem a month before the wedding when the girl doing my cake had to move. I found Kemi online and her prices were the best around. She stepped in and did the cake for me and it was amazing. Her prices didnt change when adding filling and an anniversary tier. She had a base price and it was reasonable. I would highly recommend her to all my friends and family!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Ramia · Married on 09/01/2012

CHOOSING CAKES BY KEMI WAS THE BEST DECISION THAT WE COULD'VE MADE FOR OUR WEDDING CAKE AND GROOM'S CAKE! THE CAKES WERE DELICIOUS AND THE DESIGNS WERE SPECTACULAR! KEMI REALLY SHOWED HER TALENT WITH SUCH GREAT WORK!

Sent on 09/06/2012

BrandynandSabrina · Married on 11/26/2011

Cakes By Kemi....Amazing is all I can think to say.Kemi has the best cake I have ever tasted and she can make cake look like just about anything.She comes to you for tastings and works with any budget.Kemi is the nicest and most personable person I have ever had the honor to meet.Kemi is truly a brides most treasured friend.....Thank you Cakes By Kemi..

Sent on 12/13/2011

loletha · Married on 04/26/2011

She was very professional, on time always had a smile on her face. High quality for a reasonable price.

Sherice · Married on 12/04/2010

I've used Kemi to bake birthday & baby showers desserts for me on several occassions. Her designs are so flawless to the point where guests don't want to even cut into the cake! But once they do & taste the moist deliciousness of the cake, they long for more. I myself ate 6 slices of a golf bag cake she recently made for a friend's 40th birthday.

Kemi doesn't make cakes. She creates edible works of art!

Sent on 01/07/2011

Brittany · Married on 06/26/2015

Her cakes are so good! The cake was fresh and moist. The cookies she made were so cute and the guest loved both so much.

Sent on 07/21/2015

3.4
      3.0
      3.5
      2.0

During the cake tasting the cakes were very moist. I wasn't all impressed with the cake the day of my wedding. Most all of the layers had dark brown bottoms, as if over cooked, they were not moist as they were during the cake tasting. I would say you pay for what you get, as her prices are lower than most for a fondant cake. While the appearance was nice; Overall I was very disappointed with the cake.

Sent on 10/24/2013