Cakes by Kasarda Reviews

132 Reviews for Cakes by Kasarda

• F

Flo W. · Getting married on 12/04/2021

Wonderful Wonderful!!!

Tammy’s cake and cupcakes were the “Icing on the top” of a most wonderful day! This was a destination wedding for our daughter who lives in Austin, so my husband and I were privileged to get to meet Tammy and do the tasting of cakes fillings and frostings. What a great way to spend a Saturday morning! We could not decide on three cupcake flavors, so we added a fourth. Since none of our family lives in. Charleston, we were pleased how responsive Tammy was by e-mail.
    The wedding was 2 days ago. Everything was more beautiful and every bit as delicious as we expected. My only regret was not being to hug Tammy and thank her in person!

Sent on 04/14/2021

Cakes by Kasarda's reply:

You're so welcome. It was such a joy working with you. I am so happy everything turned out great and that everyone enjoyed the cupcakes and cake. Please congratulate the happy couple for me. I look forward to working with you in the future. Best wishes to you and the family.

Cheers,
    Tammy Kasarda – Pilch
    Pastry chef ~ Owner

Caitlin M. · Married on 06/13/2021

Most delicious cake EVER

Wow! We had some cake connoisseurs at our wedding and they unanimously agreed that this was the BEST cake they have ever tasted. I usually despise red velvet cake, but somehow I ended up falling in love with the red velvet cake with a cookies and cream filling. Just typing this review is making my mouth water. If you want the most beautiful and tasty cake in the world, you've found the right baker!

Sent on 06/16/2021
  • Andrea

Andrea O. · Married on 06/03/2021

Highly Recommend!!!

Cakes by Kasarda was a dream to work with! The cake was just as delicious at the tasting as it was on the wedding day and absolutely beautiful. Not to mention, Tammy is a delight to work with and a truly talented baker! Thank you for a wonderful experience. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/11/2021
  • Kelsey

Kelsey G. · Married on 02/21/2021

Sweet Perfection!

From our initial tasting, I knew Cakes by Kasarda would be a sweet addition to our special wedding day!!

All of her cake and icing flavors were absolutely delicious! There is truly a flavor for everyone! We chose your classic vanilla and chocolate for the base tier and the sweet potato for the top tier. The sweet potato and honey cinnamon filling was AMAZING!

Tammy is a pleasure to work with. She is extremely knowledgeable and talented. Her years of talent and cake skills are out of this world. You will not be disappointed.

I highly recommend Cakes by Kasarda for your wedding and special event needs! Yum!!

(Photo credit to Hope Taylor Photography)

Sent on 02/24/2021

Anna K. · Married on 12/12/2020

The best cake!!

I would highly recommend Cakes by Kasarda. Tammy so easy to work with and she perfectly executed our dream wedding cake! Not to mention that the flavors were delicious and more robust/complex compared to some of the other bakeries we tried. If you’re in the market for a wedding or specialty cake, look no further!

Sent on 12/20/2020
  • Christy

Christy L. · Married on 09/25/2020

Wedding cake

I ordered a small cutting cake for our wedding and the cake turned out beautifully! It was a simple design, but looked so elegant. My husband and family and I tasted the cake and absolutely loved the flavor! It was a hit! Thank you Cakes by Kasarda for the wonderful wedding cake!

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Porter

Porter M. · Married on 07/25/2020

Beautiful 50th Anniversary Cake!

I worked with Tammy to create a cake for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. It was exactly what I had envisioned - it was beautiful and delicious. The cake fed my entire extended family for an entire week and was very reasonably priced. Tammy was very responsive and delivered the cake to us on time. She is very professional. I would definitely use her again for future events.

Sent on 08/03/2020
  • Jessica · Married on 07/18/2020

Both Tammy and the Cake Were Amazing!

My daughter and her fiance were so impressed with Tammy and her cake! As a cake lover, I had been looking forward to 2 or 3 cake tastings, but Tammy was our first and last. She had a number of flavors for us to taste and it was very obvious that she had her stuff together.

Before we got off her porch, Jess and Grant had decided they wanted Tammy to bake their cake. Jessica gave Tammy a picture of a cake she liked, and was as excited about the cake as she was her dress!

On the wedding day, Tammy came through with a gorgeous and delicious wedding cake. We cannot say enough great things about her (and her cake, of course!)

Sent on 11/09/2020
  • Ka’Bria

Ka’bria M. · Married on 01/04/2020

Best cake ever!

Our cake and cupcakes were delicious!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Breanna

Breanna K. · Married on 11/16/2019

Best wedding cake ever!

Tammy did such an amazing job with our wedding cake. She was so easy to talk to and really brought my vision to life. I also had her help me with a surprise groom cake and it looked amazing! Everyone at the rehearsal dinner and wedding talked about how amazing the cakes tasted. I’m usually not fond of wedding cakes but this cake was so delicious! Tammy was also sweet enough to bring me cupcakes as a sweet addition to our wedding cake when she thought she had forgot to add in red velvet for the grooms cake layer. I would highly recommend her! Best cakes ever!

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/26/2019

Our dream wedding cake

Tammy was absolutely wonderful to work with and baked/designed a delicious and beautiful wedding cake for us. From our initial inquiry, to tasting, to the wedding everything went smoothly and Tammy made the process extremely easy, especially considering we were planning our destination wedding from Florida. Tammy was able to do 2 layers of strawberry cake and a layer of lemon (because both were so delicious we couldn't decide) and the design was exactly what we wanted based off one single photo we showed her. Bravo!

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Justin

Justin J. · Married on 04/13/2019

Wedding Cake Was Amazing

Our wedding cake looked and tasted amazing

Sent on 05/18/2019

Cathy B. · Married on 04/13/2019

and diminished

I live in Charlotte, NC, and the groom’s cake for my nephew that I custom ordered for the Charleston, SC, rehearsal dinner turned out perfectly. Tammy communicated promptly and continuously and absolved any reservations that I had about working with a baker from a a distance away. She created an exact replica of the cake design that I sent her and even gave me the contact information to order the figurine needed. I was especially pleased with the delivery from her bakery to the restaurant site. With all the rehearsal dinner details, it was such a relief to have the cake delivered. It was gorgeous, delicious, fresh and show stopping. Everyone LOVED IT. Five stars all the way. I would highly recommend her. She was very personable and caring. Cathy Bogarad

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • brittany

Brittany · Married on 03/16/2019

Delicious cakes

Tammy was perfect! She did the groomsmen cake for our rehearsal and also our wedding cake. Everyone loved the cakes- fresh and delicious. Our vision was executed exactly to perfection and couldn’t have asked for anything more

Sent on 04/22/2019

Mary · Married on 12/22/2018

Cakes by Kasarda - Delicious Cake and a Work of Art!

Tammy was an absolute delight to work with! Not only was her cake delicious and reasonable, it was a beautiful work of art! Tammy was recommended to me by a friend, and she didn't disappoint. You can't go wrong choosing Cakes by Kasarda as your vendor. Thanks, Tammy, for a great experience!

Sent on 01/05/2019

S · Married on 12/15/2018

Delicious and beautiful!

Our guests and family can't stop talking about our wedding cake (2 weeks later)...b/c it was delicious. Tammy was such a sweetheart and professional to work with. Tammy was responsive via email and phone, she priced out my design and one of her own creations that I loved on her website. I lived 3 hours away and arranged for my fiance to pick up a tasting box for us. It just happened to be the same week that Hurricane Florence was supposed to hit Charleston....so when my fiance evacuated to my house..he brought the tasting box with him.☺️ The tasting box made it easy for us to do our complete a tasting together...we were able to mix and match the flavors, fillings and icings to create our own combination. We fell in love with the Red Velvet Cake, Cream Cheese and Fresh Rasberry filling topped with Italian Buttercream icing. She provided the cake stand for a small fee and offered to find one if I didn't like it. The one on hand was perfect and saved me from having to search for anything else. Thank you Tammy from us both for such a delicious and beautiful wedding cake. We froze a few slices for two weeks and enjoyed them on New Year's.....it was just as delicious and moist. Perfect for us! I highly recommend Cakes by Kasarda. Pic below is from Tammy's website. I'll upload our cake photos soon!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Megan R. · Married on 11/03/2018

Fun, professional, caring, imaginative

Can’t say enough about Tammy!! She has now created 4 cakes for me in over 4 yrs. she is beyond creative and so kind!!! Her cakes can’t be duplicated, her craftsmanship is undeniable!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Laurie · Married on 07/04/2018

Cakes by Kasarda made the exact cake that I wanted. It was absolutely perfect. Beautiful and so delicious! I highly recommend her. She was very kind and very professional.

Sent on 07/13/2018

Kelly · Married on 05/26/2018

Tammy baked and designed our wedding cake to perfection! We had three tiers with each tier a different flavor - Italian wedding cake, red velvet, and chocolate with vanilla and peanut butter frosting. The red velvet is devine! She perfectly designed the cake according to my inspiration photo as well. I would highly reccomend Tammy!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Lea A. · Married on 05/25/2018

*** This is a birthday cake review not a wedding cake review. Tammy did my sons birthday cake for us, we were coming from Columbia the weekend of his 11th birthday to see a Stingrays game. I worked with her via the internet, made my order and picked it up when we arrived in Charleston. She made the most amazing cake(s) for him! Not only were they decorated to perfection, she also made 3 smaller cakes for his cousins who would be joining us for the birthday celebration. My son still talks about how good that cake was to this day! It was a yellow cake with Italian chocolate buttercream frosting. Well fast forward a few years and the same son is graduating from high school and wants to spend the week at Folly. My first thought was I need to call Cakes by Kasarda because I wouldn't serve any other cake for this special event!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Abi · Married on 05/12/2018

Beautiful and Delicious

Tammy made my cake absolutely gorgeous but not only was it pretty, but it was also delicious! Working in catering, I've tried my fair share of cake and I knew more often than not, wedding cake is dry and bland. The opposite is true for Tammy's cakes! She was able to help me bring my vision for a cake to life and had amazing suggestions. Her flavors are unique and memorable and she has great talent!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Cakes by Kasarda's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful words. Congrats to the both of you and thank you so much for letting me be a special part of your day.
    Sweet wishes!

Christine · Married on 03/24/2018

I was married on March 24, 2018 in Charleston, SC. Cakes by Kasarda was my THE BEST!. I honestly cannot say enough about Tammy. They were everything I could have asked for that day. The service I received was more than business, Tammy was so kind and honestly cared about making my day the best they could. There was not even one request that was not fulfilled to the highest standard. I would like to use a bigger and better statement than “I recommend highly Cakes by Kasarda”, because they far exceeded my expectations. Having spent more than six months planning every inch of my wedding, impressing me can be very difficult, but Tammy definitely did it!!! I can suggest if you have a wedding, party or even to book Cakes by Kasarda as soon as you can because once more people hear about them they will book up years in advance. Every person who attended commented on how amazing the cupcakes were. Thank You Thank You! I would hire you again in a second!!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Caroline · Married on 03/10/2018

AMAZING! Tammy is FANTASTIC! The cake was delicious and BEAUTIFUL! <3 The groom's cake was awesome, too. This is the cake place to hire if you want your guests mentioning how delicious your wedding cake actually was! We LOVED working with Tammy - as a person and a vendor, she is fantastic! I highly recommend Cakes by Kasarda!!

Sent on 03/30/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2017

Thank you Tammy for providing us with an AMAZING wedding cake!!! My husband and I cannot thank you enough for creating a masterpiece that everyone enjoyed. From the looks and taste, our guests were so amazed that they wanted more!! It was such a pleasure working with you throughout the entire process. Highly, highly recommend for anyone looking for a wedding cake provider in Charleston!!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Cakes by Kasarda's reply:

You are so welcome Sarah, and thank you for your review. It was a pleasure working with you! I wish you both an amazing future together. Best wishes and congratulations! XOX

Pam · event on: 07/01/2017

Tammy was wonderful to work with. We were visiting the area from out of town. I found Cakes by Kasarda online. I was looking for a bakery that would make a cake with a cannoli filling. I was so grateful I found Tammy. She was helpful in selecting the cake flavor, I left the design up to her. On our way into town the weather was horrible and many accidents delayed us. I called Tammy to tell her how later we were going to be, she said she would wait. We finally got there. The cake was absolutely beautiful, better than I has imagined. The next evening we celebrated with that beautiful cake. It tasted even better than it looked. I want to thank Tammy for making such a wonderful cake for the event. We all enjoyed it.

Sent on 07/14/2017