Cakes by Jula Reviews

Cakes by Jula 6
Cakes by Jula 7
  • Gína

Gína Hern · Getting married on 12/08/2019

Jula makes the best cakes!

My family has been using this bakery for all the important events in our life. Our weddings and birthdays wouldn’t be complete without one of Jula’s gorgeous cakes!

Sent on 04/19/2019
  • Micaela

Micaela J Bouvier · Getting married on 11/09/2019

The Cake by Jula

My mother owns a wedding venue in Santa Fe, TX. This is how I know of Jula. She also did my mother’s surprise birthday cake. She is such a sweet individual. There was no hesitating having her do my wedding cake. Not only are the beautiful but they are soooo scrumptious. 😋

Sent on 01/01/2019

Haley Hogue · Married on 05/18/2019

Tastes AND Looks Great!

Jula's cakes both taste AND look great! We selected 3 flavors between the brides and groom's cake and the guests loved them all. We asked for an aspen tree tiered cake for the bride's cake and a camo hunting and fishing inspired cake for the groom's cake, and they both looked great! We were even able to reduce the size of the cake two weeks before due to a lower guest count than expected, and Jula was very flexible.

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Cakes by Jula 8

Ashley · Married on 03/09/2019

They were great

They met our needs and even made us feel welcome even though at the last minute we had to bring our children

Sent on 01/05/2019
  • Chad

Chad Gaston · Married on 02/14/2019

Amazing Wedding Cake

Cakes by Jula provided the wedding cake for our Valentine's Day wedding at Butler's Courtyard. We couldn't have been happier with the look and taste of the cake. Our guest kept talking about how great the cake was and kept asking who made it. Thank you so much for adding the sweetest part of our wedding day!

Sent on 02/22/2019
    Cakes by Jula 9

Diane · Married on 02/02/2019

Delicious!

Cakes by Jula had provided the wedding cake for my daughter's friend's wedding and were highly recommended. The bride, groom and I loved the tasting session although it was difficult to choose from the several delicious samples of cake and fillings/frostings. We were very happy with the end result. The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Sarah · Married on 01/05/2019

Delicious and beautiful!

I should have bought a second cake just to pig out on at home! It was so delicious and beautiful! Easy to work with and our cake looked exactly how I pictured it.

Sent on 02/05/2019

Shelley · Married on 12/01/2018

Beautiful Cake

Prompt delivery, delicious cake. Very dependable and reliable service!

Sent on 12/05/2018

A. Silva · Married on 10/28/2018

Their cakes rock!

Jula did our wedding and groom's cake.
    Best cake we have ever had! Our guests loved it! I'm definitely a fan! 😋

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Andria

Andria · Married on 10/27/2018

Cake was beautiful and delicious

The venue we hired actually hired Jula to make our wedding cake. I met Jula personally to order the cake and she was very helpful and informative with different types of cake. Very professional. The cake we ordered turned out beautifully and delicious (red velvet with cream cheese frosting).

Sent on 11/07/2018

Eryn · Married on 09/29/2018

Jula was amazing! She knows the business so make sure you listen to her recommendations. We had a three tire cake and a grooms cake. The cakes turned out amazing and were delicious. We had pink champagne with strawberry filling, Italian cream and German chocolate. Majority of the cake was gone by the end of the night and everyone told us how great it was. Her cakes do not come out dry so that was a huge plus! She was on time and was flexible with changes. Will defiantly use her for future events.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Aron White · Married on 09/22/2018

Delicious, Flavorful, Beautiful

Jula is amazing and talented! We ordered a 3-tier wedding cake and a grooms cake. Both turned out just as beautiful as I had pictured, and Guests loved the Groom’s cake design (R2D2 in a tux). They were all so flavorful and moist. Every flavor combination tasted so perfect together, it was hard to initially pick our favorites! Jula delivered both cakes to our venue and was always easy to get in contact with of if we had any questions. We will definitely be using her for all future cake needs. So happy with our choice and highly recommend!

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2018

Beautiful and Delicious

Jula went above and beyond in beauty with our cake, a two tier top, and three different cupcake styles, and all from multiple pictures and ideas in my head. And not only was it beautiful and what I wanted, it all tasted fantastic too!!! She was even flexible about me forgetting to bring the wedding topper ahead of time and added it the day of. My guests raved about it, and several asked me for Jula's information and are having her provide cakes at their upcoming events. Now that I'm addicted to the absolutely tasty cake, at least I know I can go to her shop and get a cupcake on occasion to tied me over.

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Cakes by Jula 10
    Cakes by Jula 11
    Cakes by Jula 12
    Cakes by Jula 13

Nicole · Married on 07/21/2018

Best cake ever!!!

Both cakes were delicious!!! Everyone enjoyed it and my husband and I said that our anniversary cakes come from here! Had a grooms cake and a three tier wedding cake. It looked exactly as planned. Looked as good as it tasted! Cake tasting went great and nothing but great things to say!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Megan · Married on 06/30/2018

Our cakes were delicious! We did three different brides cakes as a design choice and she executed it perfectly. My husband also loved his hunting themed grooms cake!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Andrea · Married on 06/16/2018

Cakes by Jula provided me with the 3 best cakes I have ever had in my life. I had a large wedding anniversary and needed enough cake to feed 175 people in a short amount of time. She went above and beyond to make the most beautiful and delicious cakes ever!! Everyone was talking about how beautiful my Greece inspired cake was. She delivered and set the cakes up perfectly. I could not have asked for a better experience. Book her immediately!

Sent on 06/20/2018
    Cakes by Jula 14

Marci · Married on 06/08/2018

Our cake and cookies were SO good, they were gone in a flash. I've always seen a lot of leftover cake at previous weddings and that will never be the case with Julas cakes. I would recommend NOT putting cookies out for guests until cake cutting time.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Victoria · Married on 03/24/2018

I'm not a big cake person, but our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! Everyone raved about how delicious it was. I will be using her again for future occasions! She's also very quick to respond to e-mails, which is highly appreciated with my busy lifestyle.

Sent on 04/01/2018

Lauren · Married on 12/22/2017

Jula did a wonderful job with our groom's cake and our wedding cake! We had a two tiered wedding cake with ribbon accents, and cupcakes. The groom's cake was a red jeep with our dog hanging out the window, modeled out of fondant. Everything tasted as good as it looked!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Devon · Married on 11/18/2017

We are still getting compliments over our wedding cake! It was delicious and incredibly well priced. We can't wait to go back for our 1 year anniversary cake! HIGHLY recommend

Sent on 12/30/2017
    Cakes by Jula 15

Jana · Married on 11/17/2017

Very easy to work with. Very Flexible

Sent on 12/10/2017

Eleanor · Married on 10/21/2017

So easy to get set with Jula. She came as part of the [package with Haak Vineyards and Winery. She has fabulous flavors to choose from and made the whole process easy. She was able to come up with exactly what I wanted, incorporating my Scottish family tartan into the cake decoration to match everything perfectly. She was even able to let me know that my chosen cake topper, a special crystal item from Swarovski Crystal, would be OK to use based on its weight, height and base/weight distribution.

Sent on 11/16/2017
    Cakes by Jula 16
    Cakes by Jula 17
    Cakes by Jula 18

Helene · Married on 10/14/2017

Jula was very helpful and patient when we were picking out our cake flavors. She talked with us about different possibilities when we were unsure about what we wanted. We ended up deciding on a cake, cupcakes and cake balls. They were all so delicious and decorated beautifully. She took our overall theme and came up with great ways to decorate everything, so it all worked so well together. We were able to get all the flavor combinations we wanted. Jula even made some special chocolate covered cake balls to surprise my sister with since she is allergic to white chocolate. We had something for everyone! Every time I talked with Jula, it was a great experience. She made everything easy and I loved how everything turned out!

Sent on 04/29/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/07/2017

Cakes by Jula was great to work with. The process was easy and fun when we were picking out flavors for each tier. Surprisingly it did not cost anything extra to get a different flavor and filling for each tier of our cake! The cake looked amazing, beautiful, and classic. Everyone said it was delicious! There weren't too many leftovers at the end of the night. The groom's cake was also an amazing german chocolate in the shape of the San Antonio Spurs logo, but it was not the right colors that we specified (We wanted/requested the retro blue/orange/pink logo colors and the gray/black newer logo colors were used instead).

Overall a great vendor with great prices for wedding events!

Sent on 11/09/2017