Cakes By Christina Reviews

Cakes By Christina 3
Cakes By Christina 4
Cakes By Christina 5

Ashley · Married on 07/11/2015

We loved Cakes by Christina and were sold from the moment we went to the tasting. We ended up getting cupcakes for 105 people and a small cutting cake for the top. The flavors were just delicious! Our favorite was a strawberry cake with lemon curd filling and buttercream frosting. Then we also got cinnamon roll with cream cheese frosting and a peanut butter chocolate chip with chocolate ganache and buttercream frosting. ALL of our guests raved about how good out cake was! Christina is also a very wonderful person to work with! She for all cost included, she even came and delivered the cake/cupcakes and set everything up! HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 07/19/2015

Rachelle · Married on 10/02/2010

Christina made a beautiful cake for me for my October wedding. The cake was talked about for months after the wedding. I had a tiered cake with gerbera daisies on it. Christina also offered making the anniversary cake.

Sent on 02/09/2011

melissa · Married on 09/08/2018

Christina was wonderful to work with! And her cake and icing combos were soooo amazing! Her detail on the cakes were so beautiful and I was a little overwhelmed at what to choose for my cake. But, Christina was very helpful and helped me to choose the perfect wedding cake! We were extremely satisfied and will recommending her to friends and family for sure!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Sarah · Married on 04/25/2015

3.4
      3.0
      2.5

Christina was lovely to work with, and produces extremely tasty and beautiful cakes.

We worked with her for our wedding in April 2015. Initially my mother-in-law contacted her, and informed Christina that I have an allergy to dairy, and would be interested in having the cake baker use their regular recipe but with goat's milk instead of cow's milk (as opposed to using a vegan recipe). Christina indicated she'd be willing to try that.

When she followed up with me later, I asked her the same question - again, she indicated she would be willing to try that and would serve us that at our tasting.

However, at our tasting, Christina served us her vegan recipe; that, and her extremely long contract made it clear that she was, in fact, NOT willing to try anything but her established recipes.

While at this point I made the decision to continue with Christina due to time constraints and other factors, I was extremely disappointed in this bait-and-switch behavior.

In all other aspects, working with Christina went very well! Her cakes tasted fabulous, and the decorations were beautiful. She had provided idea sketches that allowed us to make sure the design would be what we wanted.

Christina was also patient with the delay on our cake topper, and provided the cake on time and beautifully set up.

In all, a great experience once we chose her, but her self-advertising and promises left much to be desired.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Cakes By Christina's reply:

As the owner of Cakes by Christina I was glad to read you thought the cake tasted fabulous and was decorated beautifully. It is true that the contract does specify that a vegan diet is the only dietary restriction that I cater to. I have this clause in the contract because there are numerous dietary restrictions someone could have, and depending on what cannot be in the cake, the texture and stability of the cake could be compromised. I have several cake flavor vegan recipes that I know will make great wedding cakes.

In the case of this bride, she asked if I could make a cake cow dairy free. I agreed to as I could replace the cow dairy with another ingredient and still maintain the stability required to stack a cake. The cake at the bride's wedding was a cow dairy free cake but not a vegan cake.

There was no bait and switch. The bride received exactly what she ordered.

2.2
      0.5
      1.0
      2.5
      3.0

I was not happy with how the cake tasted. the cake was dry unlike the cake presented at the cake tasting . also the topper fell off of the top tier of the cake and slid down causing the cake to look a mess . We had told her that the topper was heavy and she didn't prepare the cake for it . I was highly unsatisfied .

Sent on 09/26/2013

Cakes By Christina's reply:

As the owner of Cakes by Christina I want all of my clients to be satisfied with the product they receive.

I am so sorry to read that you were not satisfied with your cake. As discussed in our consultation, and as written in the contract, I do not advise cakes to be moved once set up at the venue. The reason is because it compromises the stability of the cake. When the dance floor in which the cake was displayed on was moved by the venue, it unfortunately, compromised the stability of the cake topper, causing it to fall. I hate to read that happened, but that is why I strongly encourage cakes not to be moved.

During the decorating process the cake was torted for quality assurance and everything was as it should be. Since the venue cut and served the cake I have no way of knowing how long that process took or how early the cake was cut before served. It is unfortunate that the wedding cake was not the same quality as the cake you enjoyed during your consultation.