Cakes & Bakes Reviews

Cakes & Bakes 6
Cakes & Bakes 7

Lindsay · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing Cakes and Person

Luna was the best possible person I could have found to make a cake that exceeded my expectations on every aspect from taste to decorations I was wowed on my wedding day!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you so much Lindsay! It was such a pleasure to work with you to bring your cake ideas to life!
    Blessings to you both,
    -Luna

Candida McDowell · Married on 04/27/2019

Helm wedding

Luna is awesome to work with ! Her cakes and cupcakes are amazing, and to find a gluten free cake that tastes like the other cakes is a real find. Everyone loved them.
    Thank again Luna for helping to make our wedding perfect!

Sent on 04/29/2019

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Candida, I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy cake on your wedding day! Congratulations once again!

With sincere thanks,
    Luna
  • Gigi

Gigi Adams · Married on 01/26/2019

Highly recommended!!

We were thrilled about our wonderful, delicious wedding cake!! It was a HIT with all of the guests, just as we knew it would be! So yummy & moist, we can't wait for a year to pass so that we can eat the anniversary cake!
    We really appreciate Luna's professionalism with our cake, decor, and communication! She is definitely the BEST, no need to shop around!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you Gigi-it was my pleasure to design and create your wedding cake! Wishing you both all the best!
    -Luna
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/27/2018

Cakes&Bakes

my daughter was married on October 27, 2018. Luna Riley made the most beautiful and delicious cake for the occasion! All our guest were raving about it! Well worth the cost!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

It was my pleasure to be part of your wedding celebration-it was such a lovely day! Glad you all enjoyed!

Samantha Stowe · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfect Experience!

Luna is delightful and her cakes are amazing! She provided a perfect wedding cake and cupcakes for our wedding. They were delicious and beautiful! When I returned to work my coworkers were still talking about the delicious cupcakes. The cake tasting appointment was so much fun! I highly recommend Cakes and Bakes. My experience was perfect.

Sent on 12/17/2018

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you Samantha-it was such fun working with you guys especially your little foodie- Benjamin! Thanks again!

cyanasiia · Married on 08/09/2018

Ms. Luna was the perfect addition to our wedding vendors list. Ms. Luna was the first appointment we had when searching for a baker, and we were so happy with her services we decided to cancel all other appointments. We absolutely loved all of her treats, she provided us with several options for cakes, fillings, and icing flavors during our tasting. Our wedding cake was beautiful and tasted just as good! We also had delicious cake pops to match. Ms. Luna was very affordable and professional, I can't wait to work with her again!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you Cyanasiia, it was such a pleasure to work with you guys!

Kimberly · Married on 04/21/2018

Luna is committed to top notch customer service. Not only are her cakes wonderfully delicious, but she is very flexible and understanding with the customers needs. Her willingness to make last-minute adjustments have been a Saving Grace. Her kindness, flexibility, professionalism and sincere efforts and understanding what the customer wants makes her a perfect example of how businesses should be run. I would recommend her hands down to anyone for any event, casual or special.

Sent on 03/30/2018

Amber · Married on 03/24/2018

The cupcakes we got were absolutely amazing and so DELICIOUS!!!! We went to multiple places for cake tasting before choosing cake and bakes. They had the best tasting cake and options out of the places we tried. The cupcakes and cutting cake were also very pretty! I have no regret with my decision to use them for our wedding!

Sent on 04/07/2018
    Cakes & Bakes 9
    Cakes & Bakes 10
    Cakes & Bakes 11

Meghann · Married on 12/31/2017

Awesome! She made a BEAUTIFUL cake but also made it delicious. My guests couldn’t stop complimenting the cake and how good it was!! Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 02/01/2018
    Cakes & Bakes 12

Disha · Married on 11/11/2017

Luna was wonderful! From the tasting to the final product, she was wonderful to work with and the cake was amazing. It looked exactly as I envisioned it and tasted even better! We also got macarons from Luna, which were a huge hit with our guests. I definitely recommend Cakes & Bakes.

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Cakes & Bakes 13

Megan · Married on 09/23/2017

She did exactly what we wanted! The cake was amazing!!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Christina · Married on 09/23/2017

Absolutely phenomenal vendor, awesome to work with from start to finish. We scheduled a tasting which was not only delicious but fun as well. Luna is so sweet and accomodating. And she gives you leftovers to take home! Prices were more than reasonable and payments were very smooth. For reference we had a 85 person cake, 3 tiers and 2 flavors for about $450 which included delivery to our venue. The cake looked fabulous and we didn't have to worry about saving first tier, she makes a seperate one to save for 1 year anniversary. I had guests come up to me raving about cake at the reception. Our flavors were chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and rasperry coulis. We also went with a 2nd flavor: creme brulee which was a lovely contrast. Absolutely amazing. I never imagined my now husband or I going for a chocolate & fruit cake but it was *that* good. Luna was responsive and punctual and professional and required no micromanaging at all. She even sent us a pic of the cake with our cake topper before she left our venue on the wedding day. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend her for any event!

Sent on 10/01/2017
    Cakes & Bakes 14

Anum · Married on 07/22/2017

Luna made the cake of my dreams for my wedding! I gave her an inspiration picture, which she took used as a guide but still delivered a unique product for us. Our cake was one of my favorite parts of our wedding, and was SO tasty too!!! I HIGHLY recommend Luna for any occasion!!!

Sent on 10/09/2017
    Cakes & Bakes 15

Ashley · Married on 05/06/2017

Luna was very easy to work with right from the start. She always responded to us quickly and helped us plan out the perfect wedding cake. Her cakes are not only delicious but are beautiful too. One thing that impressed me the most was her ability to be flexible and work with us on the timing of delivering the cake. We had a small, one hour window for her to deliver the cake and set it all up, and she was more than willing to go above and beyond for us. I would highly recommend using Cakes & Bakes, LLC for your weddings and events!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Courtney · Married on 05/06/2017

Luna is absolutely amazing!! When we first met her for our tasting we knew she was the baker for us! She was so kind and patient with us while trying to pick a cake. Our wedding cake was so amazing and absolutely exceeded my expectations. My friends and family deemed our cake the best wedding cake they have ever had! Since our wedding in May we ordered a cake for my brothers birthday and again Luna delivered! We recently celebrated our 6 month anniversary and decided to enjoy the top tier of our cake and it was just as amazing as it was on our wedding day! I would highly recommend Cakes and Bakes for all of your dessert needs!

Sent on 11/09/2017
    Cakes & Bakes 16
    Cakes & Bakes 17

Beth · Married on 10/15/2016

We couldn't have ask for more!!! The cake was not only beautiful but very good!! Received many compliments !

Sent on 06/11/2018

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

My pleasure, glad you enjoyed the cake!

amanda · Married on 10/08/2016

Luna was so amazing and flexible to work worth. The cake was everything and more than we imagined! Not only did it look amazing, but the taste was incredible! I highly recommend Luna for any event or wedding!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Siesha · Married on 08/27/2016

Thank you Cakes and Bakes for baking us the best, moist, and delicious tasting wedding cake we've ever had! Our wedding cake was so delicious and finger-licking good that we can't wait until the one year anniversary so we can taste this deliciousness again! Thank you Luna! We really loved the vanilla bean flavored cake with strawberry compote and cream cheese filling topped with the buttercream icing & the design of the cake. Our guests are still raving about how great it tasted! I give you a 10 out of 5 stars because it was definitely a cake that blew us outta this world!

Sent on 09/09/2016

This service & cake was outstanding!! Loved the whole experience.

Sent on 07/06/2016

Tiffani · Married on 05/22/2016

Cake was beautiful and very delicious! The set up was perfect! Very pleased! Thank you.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Kimberly · Married on 04/16/2016

Luna did a great job with our wedding cake! We gave her a picture from pinterest with how we wanted the cake to look and she got it spot on! We provided fresh flowers on-site for her to add in from our florist and she made it look stunning. We were able to get fillings that tasted amazing with whole fruit in-between the layers for way less than other cake vendors we looked at. She also let us choose two separate flavors since we had 3 tiers - so my hubby and I both got to have our favorites!! Luna also included a 4" anniversary cake that cake separate and boxed so we didn't have to worry about saving the actual top tier of our cake. This was such a nice added bonus and made everything so easy! Luna would be a great choice for a wedding cake vendor!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Ginny · Married on 11/07/2015

I am the mother of the bride and met with Luna,owner and main baker for Cakes and Bakes Charlotte. Luna is very professional and easy to work with. We met with her several months before the wedding. She brought us many samples to taste and after listening to daughter's wishes gave some suggestions. Her cake samples were so good and price was very reasonable that we decided during the meeting she was the one to bake the cake. Ordered enough to feed 200 guests. Cake was delicious and I don't think we had any left over at the end of the reception. I follow her on Facebook and she bakes all sorts of cakes and will definitely order from her again.

Sent on 11/15/2015
  • Z

Zenny · Married on 11/07/2015

Luna was wonderful to work with! She provided multiple samples for us to choose from, all of which were delicious. We ended up going with a "naked" almond cake with a coconut cream filling, it was amazing and we have gotten so many compliments on our wedding cake! We had approximately 220 people at our wedding, but Luna suggested going with a cake that served 150 people (as baker's slices are bigger than normal) and it was perfect, we only had a few slices left over. We will definitely use Luna for any future celebrations!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Luna was great and her cake was delicious. We kept it simple and elegant and I was very pleased!

Sent on 11/02/2015