Cakes & Bakes Reviews

79 | Belmont, NC

79 Reviews for Cakes & Bakes

Savannah K. · Married on 05/01/2021

Wedding Cake

Mrs. Luna is the sweetest lady! Her cakes are amazing, from beautiful designs and taste. My wedding cake was absolutely the best tasting cake I’ve ever had! I would definitely recommend!!

Sent on 05/05/2021

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

You are so kind Savannah, congratulations and thank you! It was a pleasure working with you on your wedding cake and pops. Be blessed!
  • Carol

Carol R. · Married on 04/09/2021

Groomsman Cake

Ms. Luna was an absolute joy to work with and her cake was absolutely delicious. It was exactly what I wanted for my son's Groomsman cake and he was thrilled that it was an Appalachian State University themed cake since this is where he and his fiance met. Everyone loved the cake!!!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you Carol! It was a pleasure working with you on this very special cake for your son and daughter in law!
  • Kristen

Kristen P. · Married on 12/05/2020

Best Wedding Cake Ever!

Oh my goodness-- what a cake Luna made for our wedding. Not only was it beautiful, but it was literally the best wedding cake I've ever had. Even our guests commented on how delicious it was! Luna was so easy to work with, very responsive, and helped us stay in budget. Not that I want to rush time, but can't wait until our 1 year to break out the top and eat more cake!!

Sent on 12/11/2020

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you so much Kristen! I am so glad that you all enjoyed your wedding cake!
  • David

David W. · Married on 10/24/2020

Wedding guests couldn’t get enough!

Luna provided an exceptional cake for our wedding. My wife is lactose intolerant and Luna was able to make a three tiered cake that you would never be able to tell was dairy free. Luna invited us to do tastings beforehand and customize our cake to be exactly how we wanted it. I would highly recommend Luna for your cake needs and would definitely come back for her business.

Sent on 11/19/2020

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you David! I am so glad that you all were able to enjoy cake on your wedding day!

Candace B. · Married on 10/17/2020

Amazing Experience

Luna was incredible from tasting to the wedding day. She exceeded our dreams & expectations. The cake was rich & decadent. She did the whole thing dairy free for us & no one knew the difference. We were so fortunate to find her. I highly recommend her bakery.

Sent on 10/19/2020

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you Candace! I am so glad that you were able to enjoy cake on your wedding day! God bless!
    With sincerest thanks,
  • Kaitlynne

Kaitlynne B. · Married on 10/08/2020

Amazing Experience!

Luna was absolutely wonderful when I messaged her last minute for my wedding cake! The cake was BEAUTIFUL and exactly what I wanted & delicious too.

Sent on 10/10/2020

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Congratulations and thank you Kaitlynne! I am so glad you enjoyed your strawberry wedding cake.
    Blessings to you both!

Kimberly D. · Married on 09/20/2020

The best wedding cake EVER!

Our cake was perfection. We got so many compliments and a few guest requesting second servings!! If that doesn’t tell you something, I don’t know what to tell you. I highly recommend using Cakes and Bakes.

Sent on 09/22/2020

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you Kimberly! It was so nice to work with you on your wedding cake. Blessings to you both!
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 09/19/2020

The most beautiful cake

I cannot thank Luna enough for making our wedding cake not only absolutely beautiful but also insanely delicious! I mean it was absolute perfection. I cannot put into words how it melted in our mouths! I would highly highly recommend her! From the tasting to completion she was fantastic to work with! Will definitely use her again for events in the future!

Sent on 09/21/2020

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you Jamie! It was a pleasure to work with you as well to bring your vision to life. Blessings to you both!
  • Jayda

Jayda P. · Married on 08/29/2020

Such sweet people

Cakes and Bakes was amazing! I was still scrambling when they showed up to set up the cake. I showed them the table and they were able to set up; get the cake assembled; and place it in the Fridge to ensure it was still top notch for the reception. I was very happy with how professional they were!

Sent on 08/31/2020

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you Jayda! I am so happy that you all enjoyed your wedding cake. Blessings to you both!

• Katrina

Katrina · Married on 03/07/2020

Amazing Desserts

Luna was amazing to work with! All of the samples we tried were so good it was hard to narrow down flavors! We ended up doing a small cutting cake, cake pops, and macaroons. So many of our guests commented on how great all of the desserts were. Luna was so nice and helpful, she asked for a swatch of our wedding colors and matched it to icing and the macaroons! Which was such a great personal touch. I would highly recommend her for you wedding or any event!! I am looking forward to working with her again for future gatherings!

Sent on 03/19/2020

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thanks Katrina! Glad you enjoyed all the desserts. It was wonderful working with you both!

Blessings,
  • CRYSTAL

Crystal C. · Married on 11/11/2019

Luna is amazing!

Not only were my cakes and desserts delicious they were absolutley gorgeous and exactly what I wanted. Also well within our budget! I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thanks so much Crystal! I am so glad that you enjoyed your cake, cupcakes, macarons and cake pops. It was a pleasure working with you!
    -Blessings to you both!
  • Caroline

Caroline B. · Married on 10/12/2019

Perfect cake at the perfect wedding!

Absolutely amazing! Luna is a creative genius. My wedding cake was exactly what I envisioned but even better than what I imagined. It was SO perfectly beautiful and SO delicious. My husband and I can’t agree on desserts so we picked two flavors on a four tier cake, she divided the flavors by tiers. Marble cake with orea filling (husband’s choice), white almond cake with raspberry and strawberry compote and cream (bride choice) all iced with buttercream vanilla. We have a lot left over and I am so glad because it’s just amazing: I also had cake pops for my wedding that she did and they were GORGEOUS! Luna is sooooo detailed and clearly takes pride in her work! We can’t thank her enough and couldn’t be more pleased.

Sent on 09/25/2019

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you so much Caroline! It has been my pleasure to work with you both to make your wedding day extra special! Blessings to you and Brandon!
    With sincerest thanks,
  • Brenda

Brenda A. · Married on 10/05/2019

Professional, welcoming, very attentive all the customer

Luna is a jewel. She was very detailed. She sent me drawings of what she felt I was looking for.She made it all about my day. In the end she nailed it. The cakes was soo beautiful. She really invested her time in it, she's very creative. She has a true talent. I would definitely recommend her.Thanks Luna for making the cake experience wonderful!!!!! The Aken's

Sent on 11/04/2019

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you Brenda! It was such a pleasure to work with you to realize the anniversary cake of your dreams. What a blessing- 25 years!

Lindsay · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing Cakes and Person

Luna was the best possible person I could have found to make a cake that exceeded my expectations on every aspect from taste to decorations I was wowed on my wedding day!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you so much Lindsay! It was such a pleasure to work with you to bring your cake ideas to life!

Candida M. · Married on 04/27/2019

Helm wedding

Luna is awesome to work with ! Her cakes and cupcakes are amazing, and to find a gluten free cake that tastes like the other cakes is a real find. Everyone loved them.
    Thank again Luna for helping to make our wedding perfect!

Sent on 04/29/2019

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Candida, I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy cake on your wedding day! Congratulations once again!

• Katherine

Katherine · Married on 04/13/2019

Best Wedding Cake Ever

I’m so happy I found Luna! She was seriously so sweet, responsive and professional from the first inquiry I sent her. Her cake was incredible, we had so many compliments on how tasty our wedding cake was. She makes the process super easy and helps to guide you through this huge decision. My cake looked exactly how I envisioned it to look and tasted phenomenal. Luna is an angel sent from heaven y’all. I’ll be getting any and all cakes from her from now on. I seriously cannot say enough good things about my experience with Cakes and Bakes

Sent on 05/28/2019

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you Katherine! It has been so wonderful to get to know you and Chris over these past few months. The pleasure is all mine!
  • Gigi

Gigi A. · Married on 01/26/2019

Highly recommended!!

We were thrilled about our wonderful, delicious wedding cake!! It was a HIT with all of the guests, just as we knew it would be! So yummy & moist, we can't wait for a year to pass so that we can eat the anniversary cake!
    We really appreciate Luna's professionalism with our cake, decor, and communication! She is definitely the BEST, no need to shop around!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you Gigi-it was my pleasure to design and create your wedding cake! Wishing you both all the best!

Andrea N. · Married on 12/29/2018

Cakes and Bakes

Luna with Cakes and Bakes made the most delicious wedding cake and cupcakes for my daughters wedding. All the guests raved about the taste and appearance of the cake. We would highly recommend Cakes and Bakes for any occasion and look forward to doing more business with Luna in the future!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you Andrea for your review! It was my pleasure to play a small part on such a wonderful occasion!

Jessica S. · Married on 12/29/2018

Wedding Day

My wedding cake and cupcakes were phenomenal-exactly what i was wanting! We got to taste everything prior to the wedding and choose the flavors.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you Jessica! It was a pleasure to work with you on your wedding cake and cupcakes!
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/27/2018

Cakes&Bakes

my daughter was married on October 27, 2018. Luna Riley made the most beautiful and delicious cake for the occasion! All our guest were raving about it! Well worth the cost!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

It was my pleasure to be part of your wedding celebration-it was such a lovely day! Glad you all enjoyed!

Samantha S. · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfect Experience!

Luna is delightful and her cakes are amazing! She provided a perfect wedding cake and cupcakes for our wedding. They were delicious and beautiful! When I returned to work my coworkers were still talking about the delicious cupcakes. The cake tasting appointment was so much fun! I highly recommend Cakes and Bakes. My experience was perfect.

Sent on 12/17/2018

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you Samantha-it was such fun working with you guys especially your little foodie- Benjamin! Thanks again!

Cyanasiia · Married on 08/09/2018

Ms. Luna was the perfect addition to our wedding vendors list. Ms. Luna was the first appointment we had when searching for a baker, and we were so happy with her services we decided to cancel all other appointments. We absolutely loved all of her treats, she provided us with several options for cakes, fillings, and icing flavors during our tasting. Our wedding cake was beautiful and tasted just as good! We also had delicious cake pops to match. Ms. Luna was very affordable and professional, I can't wait to work with her again!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Cakes & Bakes's reply:

Thank you Cyanasiia, it was such a pleasure to work with you guys!

Kimberly · Married on 04/21/2018

Luna is committed to top notch customer service. Not only are her cakes wonderfully delicious, but she is very flexible and understanding with the customers needs. Her willingness to make last-minute adjustments have been a Saving Grace. Her kindness, flexibility, professionalism and sincere efforts and understanding what the customer wants makes her a perfect example of how businesses should be run. I would recommend her hands down to anyone for any event, casual or special.

Sent on 03/30/2018

Amber · Married on 03/24/2018

The cupcakes we got were absolutely amazing and so DELICIOUS!!!! We went to multiple places for cake tasting before choosing cake and bakes. They had the best tasting cake and options out of the places we tried. The cupcakes and cutting cake were also very pretty! I have no regret with my decision to use them for our wedding!

Sent on 04/07/2018