Cake Expressions Reviews

Cake Expressions 1
Cake Expressions 2
  • Sallie

Sallie Mendoza · Getting married on 08/31/2019

It was quick and yummy was easy to make choice

Delicious and beautiful cakes attention to detail
    Friendly and professional

Sent on 05/01/2019

Cake Expressions's reply:

Thank you for the nice review. We're always glad that our brides and grooms were well taken care of and had fun!
    We're looking forward to doing your cake for you!

Scott Hunter · Married on 08/10/2019

Delicious Cake

Cake Expressions made us 4 delicious flavors of cake for our wedding, we had several guests who reportedly ate a slice of each. The cake tasting experience was also very professional and easy. Our wedding cake looked beautiful and tasted amazing. Cake expressions was an absolute pleasure to work with and their results are incredible. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Eileen

Eileen · Married on 03/23/2019

Delicious cakes. Total professionals!

Cake Expressions was a vendor that was included in the package for our venue (Cinnabar Hills Golf Club). We really loved working with Cake Expressions!

First, the tasting is really fun. You get to try 8 or 10 different flavors of cake. I love cake, and this was so exciting. We ultimately settled on toasted almond and tiramisu as our favorites. Because our cake was 4 tiers, they let us choose multiple flavors. I believe they said we could even do one flavor per tier, but we settled on our 2 flavors.

The cake itself was beautiful and delicious! They accommodated my request for a very clean, modern looking cake.

The cake was delivered to the venue right on time. Our florist left a few loose flowers on the cake table for the Cake Expressions staff person to insert into the cake and, wow, they placed the flowers carefully and beautifully (just look at the photo)! 5 stars :)!

Sent on 04/01/2019
    Cake Expressions 3

Julie · Married on 03/09/2019

Wedding cake

Cake Expressions was the recommended vendor for our venue. They created a beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding. The were easy to work with and responded quickly to our questions and change requests.

Sent on 03/13/2019

Cake Expressions's reply:

Thank you Julie for the nice review. It really helps us promote our business. We're glad that you enjoyed your cake!

The Team at Cake Expressions

Kristin J · Married on 11/17/2018

Easy to work with & carrot cake was delicious!

When we got married in November 2018, Cake Expressions had a contract with our venue (Cinnabar Hills Golf Club) where you get a 3-tier cake included in their off-season package. This made getting a wedding cake so much easier and on-top of that, Cake Expressions was so nice and easy to work with. I wanted a simple, white buttercream cake with fresh flowers - and it came out perfectly. Cinnabar Hills also had a cake riser so not having to rent one was great. The cakes were delicious and we ended up going with carrot cake (which was $20 extra but so worth it). I heard from guests that the cake was delicious and it looked exactly like we talked about.

Sent on 06/05/2019
    Cake Expressions 4

Jenny · Married on 05/14/2016

Cake expressions came with our venue's package, so we were a little bit worried, but everything turned out amazing! My mother (who makes lots of cakes in her free time) could not stop talking about how delicious the cake was! We were also on a budget and didn't want to pay for extra flowers, but they let us buy our own fake flowers and arranged them on the cake for us at no extra charge.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Bridget · Married on 04/23/2016

I loved them! They were so responsive and they truly wanted to find out what we wanted design-wise before starting. They really helped us learn what we liked and didn't and knew how to listen.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Cero was a pleasure to work with and did an incredible job on my wedding cake. He was very responsive and took the time to listen to exactly what I wanted. The end product was not only stunning, but also delicious. During the cake cutting, my husband and I actually ended up eating the whole piece of cake because it was so good we couldn't put it down! The coordination and delivery of the cake was seamless. I highly recommend Cero and Cake Expressions!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Our wedding cake was beautiful. All our guest kept complimenting us on our choice and saying how delicious it was. Robin was very professional and accommodating. We will definitely use them again in the future.

Sent on 07/15/2015

We went with Cake Expressions for our wedding. They were a preferred vendor of Cinnabar Hills. We were very pleased with their professionalism and friendliness. They delivered everything as expected without a hitch and the whole staff was a delight to work with.

Sent on 06/30/2015

linh · Married on 05/02/2015

We had the most per perfect cake for our wedding!
    The texture was moist and lovely. The display was immaculate. Customer service is great.
    definitely would recommend to any couples!

Sent on 05/19/2015

Kavita · Married on 04/04/2015

Cake Expressions was one of the last bakeries we selected for a tasting, however after the experience we had during our tasting (both the cake flavors & Robynne's flexibility), we had to go with them for our wedding cakes! Robynne was so accommodating during our tasting and very open and honest with her opinions. She also listened to what we wanted and confirmed prior to our wedding. We went with a mini tiered cake for the two of us and mini cakes for our guests, and all the details we had discussed during our tasting/consultation were executed flawlessly. The display looked beautiful and the cakes all tasted amazing!

Sent on 05/10/2015

Tracy · Married on 03/29/2015

Our venue package includes a cake expressions cake so we scheduled a tasting with them and were very happy with several of the choices. Robyn was very easy to work with. We didn't have a very clear vision, and she took what we had in mind and gave several suggestions which we gladly took. They were very flexible and allowed us to play around with our ideas of the cupcake toppers and worked with us to get the toppers and arrange them on the stand. I was especially impressed with how detailed Robyn was with figuring out exactly how things would look: which toppers with which types of cupcake. Everything came exactly as expected and tasted better than expected.

Sent on 04/05/2015

Absolutely the highlight of the wedding! The cake was amazing, delicious and I couldn't have asked for a more professional vendor. He got it right the first time, didn't bog me down with details because he didn't listen...he just did his job! It was a delight to work with him. My cake was unique, elegant and perfect!

Sent on 08/18/2014

I love cake expressions! They are absolutely amazing. The cakes flavors are delicious. I thought our cake was absolutely gorgeous. I showed them a picture I found online, they made some tweaks and turned it into our own unique cake. It was truly my dream wedding cake.

Sent on 07/12/2014

Very personable and extremely creative making the cake design process easy for the bride and groom. The cake selections were all delicious and even had made to order samples. Highly recommend Cero at Cake Expressions!

Sent on 06/22/2014

Ana Maria · Married on 05/24/2014

the cake was beautiful and delicious!! They are the nicest people and will do anything you ask!!

Sent on 05/31/2014

Melissa · Married on 04/12/2014

The first time we were exposed to Cake Expressions was at a wedding fair at the Rengstorff House. We tried Cero's cupcakes, and they were really, really good. When the venue we got married at had the wedding cake included from Cake Expressions, we were really excited. After a disappointing first tasting with the venue (the second tasting went much better, fortunately), we were a little apprehensive going into our cake tasting. We had 9 different slices of cake to try and choose from. Every. Single. Slice. was delicious. Even my now-husband loved everything, including the carrot cake (a cake he is not fond of). We had a hard time choosing which flavor to use for our wedding cake. It's neat they let you do different flavors for each layer if you really wanted to for a little extra (we didn't). Also, they have a really awesome special where, around your one-year anniversary, if you give them a call they will remake the top layer of your cake for you so you don't have to freeze it for a whole year (we're totally eating our top layer now). All our guests also loved our cake, and we couldn't be happier!

Sent on 04/13/2014

Excellent, high quality and beautiful. Cake Expressions is a vendor that was included with our per-person buffet price at our reception venue, Michaels at Shoreline in Mountain View (which I also completely recommend). So I am not sure how much their prices compare to other bakeries. Since they were an included deal, I thought the cake might be basic looking and bland. Quite the opposite - it was a beautiful, four tier cake with completely customized flavors and fillings based on our requests from the tasting. Their devils food cake is luscious with the fudge filling, their lemon cake is lovely with their lemon filling, and their "tuxedo" three layer chocolate-vanilla-chocolate with raspberry filling was perfect. Their set-up of the cake on a stand with my provided table cloth, candles and decorations was also included joyfully. It was amazing that they even initiated color matching of not only the butter cream frosting to the exact warm white of my silk dress, but also the fondit ribbon band around the cake color-matched to my bridesmaid dresses! To top that off, they replaced their standard scrolling pattern on the cake's sides to be our exact invitation logo. All very much above and beyond my expectations!

Sent on 04/04/2014

Amy · Married on 12/07/2013

Our wedding cake was so beautiful and better than I could have ever dreamt of. Cero is amazing!

Sent on 01/30/2014

I had the MOST gorgeous cake!!! Cake Expressions and Ciro created magic with this cake. everyone LOVED the flavor, look and taste of the cake, filling and icing. I would 100% recommend them to any bride or party planner!!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Cassandra · Married on 10/12/2013

I had the BEST experience with Cake Expressions!!! I truly couldn't be happier with Cero and Robynne from Cake Expressions!!!! I just got married on October 12, 2013 and they created the most BEAUTIFUL cake that my family and friends are still talking about! BRIDES.. if you are reading this just make an appointment with them and I am sure you will fall in love just as I did. My florist was supposed to cascade fresh flowers throughout my cake and for whatever reason it didn't get done. I was so upset until I saw the cake that Cero designed, it literally stopped me in my tracks and couldn't get over how gorgeous it was without the flowers.

The whole process for me was WONDERFUL!!! I had met Cero last year at the Trudys Bridal Fair and what struck me the most was how kind he was and how much he cared about his brides. I was watching as previous brides were coming up and talking to him, each one gushing about him and he seemed to remember each one and was equally as grateful to them.

When it came time for my big day I knew I needed to see him so I emailed Robynne who responded to me IMMEDIATELY. She was so wonderful and helped me come up with the perfect cake!

I had this idea of having multiple cakes instead of one large cake, the main reason I was looking at the small cakes was because I didn't think I could afford the large cake of my dreams, but leave it to Cero and Robynne to make my dreams a reality! They listened to what I wanted and worked together and came up with a cake that looked larger than life!!!!!!

The cake was absolutely delicious and to top it off Cero actually personally went to the venue and set up my cake which I thought was so sweet that he cared that much and wanted it to be perfect. I would highly recommend this wonderful company to everyone!

Sent on 11/02/2013
  • Bella Tracy

Bella Tracy · Married on 11/02/2012

Beautiful and delicious! Our two cakes were not only cakes, they were pieces of art that also tasted delicious! Linda worked with us to make the visions the bride and groom had for their cakes become reality. They were the talk of the evening. She did that in the most magnificent way! Thanks Cake Expressions for the awesome cakes, you guys did a great job!

Sent on 01/08/2013

Great cake design and very tasty!

Sent on 11/14/2013

We used Cake Expressions for our wedding cake as a service through Cinnabar Hills Golf Club where we had our reception (side note: Cinnabar is AMAZING!). They had a deal with the bakery that gave us a disounted price and waived the cake cutting fee at the reception location. When we went to try the cakes they were ALL delicious. Even flavors I have not been a fan of before were great. You can have some of the most refined to simplest flavor and ingredient combinations and your cake will be delicious and moist.
    As our wedding was in August we decided to go with lighter flavors and chose a lemon cake with raspberry filling and a yellow cake with strawberry filly. The frosting was vanilla buttercream. We got so many compliment on the cake and it was also beautiful. The people at Cake Expressions are very talented and also just really nice people. They definitely are good at what they do. Also, if you send them a picture of you wedding cake they send you a mini one on your anniversary. This little gift allows them to keep their portfolio updated.

Sent on 09/13/2012