Cake Expressions by Lisa Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Terrance
    Terrance M. Married on 03/18/2022

Amazing cakes and service

My experience with Lisa was amazing from the beginning the cake tasting had me and my husband blown away her cakes tasted amazing we booked her to do our wedding cake we sent her a idea of what we wanted and it turned out exactly what we wanted and it tasted wonderful a week later we are still getting text from guest about how good the cake was thank you so much Lisa your talents are truly amazing

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you Terrance! I absolutely loved the way your cake turned out, and I'm so glad you and your guests loved it so much!! Congratulations again on your wedding!!
  • Rabreena
    Rabreena V. Married on 10/23/2021

Husband approved...

Whether you are looking for a smaller cake or in need of a multi layered cake, you cannot overlook Cake Expressions! Lisa's cakes taste absolutely delicious, are so full of flavor, as well as she will truly make the look you want come to life! We chose her vanilla bean cake with chocolate decadence filling with the partially indecent look of the buttercream outside, oh my word! Between how delicious this cake was and how she decorated it so beautifully was beyond what we wanted, her work is amazing and I couldn't imagine having gone with anyone else. My husband is not a cake person at all, but for him to enjoy eating our cake and how he keeps indulging in the leftover we have now that speaks volumes and tells me wholeheartedly we made the right decision. Please do not overlook Lisa as she will make sure that your vision will come to reality just as you want, or better than imagined!

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing me to make your wedding cake Rabreena!! I am thrilled you and Shawn both loved it so much! Congratulations on your wedding! Wishing you love and happiness always!!!
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte W. Married on 07/17/2021

Recommend!

Wanted something simple and classic for my wedding cake and Lisa delivered! On top of that, several guests said it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. So delicious!! Thanks! 😊
  • Alex
    Alex H. Married on 07/10/2021

Just what we asked for

Cake wasn't a huge part of my husband and I's budget but we did care about the flavor - Lisa is a great baker and her cakes were excellent! We barely had any left after the wedding because people loved it so much! She created it exactly as we asked simple and classic.
    Niki Married on 03/27/2021

Hire as a Wedding Vendor Now!

Cake Expressions by Lisa was by far my best experience with a cake vendor! I’ve bought plenty of cakes for events but I am so glad we came across Lisa! She was so easy to work with and very accommodating during the pandemic. We had to reschedule our wedding twice and each time she was very reassuring and reasonable. While working with Lisa she was very professional and our cake was lovely! It was even more beautiful and yummy than I remember asking for it to be. We will definitely be using Lisa for an event in the future!
    Brittany N. Married on 10/03/2020

Beautiful Cake

Our cake was absolutely beautiful, we gave Lisa an idea of what we wanted and she definitely delivered! She makes the most beautiful sugar flowers. It also tasted great too - we loved picking from the wide variety of flavors that she offers. Lisa also made us individual chocolate mousse and banana pudding cups which were the also delicious.

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

I am so happy you loved your cake! Your entire reception was beautiful and I was so happy to be a part of it all! Wishing you all the best for a wonderful marriage!!!
  • Morgan
    Morgan F. Married on 09/26/2020

To quote a bridesmaid, "BEST. CAKE. EVER."

Lisa was one of the first vendors we secured for our wedding and was an absolute joy to work with. She was flexible and very sweet about arranging a COVID-conscious drive-through cake tasting for me and DH and was continually reliable with scheduling and communication.

I can't say enough good things about the cake itself! We went with vanilla cake, passionfruit buttercream filling, and buttercream frosting, and it was absolutely delicious. Everyone in attendance raved about how good it was. The design and appearance was exactly what I was looking for, but even better than I had expected--Lisa created some unbelievably beautiful sugar flowers (ranunculus and white anemone) as the main decorative highlight. I would not hesitate to recommend Cake Expressions!

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

I am so thrilled that you all loved your cake so much! You were a joy to work with as well-thank you so much for choosing me! Sending a huge congratulations to you & Jay, and wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Alex
    Alex B. Married on 05/15/2020

Delicious, Gorgeous Cakes

Lisa is truly so talented! She makes the most delicious cakes and offers a wide variety of cake and icing flavor options. The cake she made for our wedding was the centerpiece of the whole night!

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

I am so thrilled that you loved your cake! I couldn't wait to make it for you since we finalized the design last year. Everything at DSBG looked gorgeous and the cake fit in with it all perfectly! Thank you so much for having me be a part of your wedding day.
    Congratulations again! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness!
    Julie Married on 10/05/2019

Looks amazing and tastes even more amazing!

I almost didn't get a cake because all my friends told me wedding cakes are in the past....I'm SOOOO happy I didn't listen to them. Lisa did an amazing job taking the ideas in my head and turning it into a beautiful cake. It turned out even more amazing than I imagined. Not only that, but it tasted amazing! We also had her make additional desserts (parfaits, pastries, cookies). Aside from the top layer of the cake that we had set aside, we did not have a single slice of cake or cookie left over. Everyone raved about our desserts. If you hire Lisa, you will not be disappointed!

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

It was such a pleasure creating your cake and desserts Julie! It is SO important to us that our creations are not only beautiful but super delish too! We're thrilled that everyone loved your cake and pastries! Wishing you forever happiness!
    Ashley Married on 06/15/2019

Beyond amazing!

Exceeded our expectations and was a huge hit with all the guest that attended our wedding. She was very understanding and knew exactly what we were looking for and was so helpful and responsive whenever we needed help!
    Jamie Married on 03/30/2019

Best Cake Ever!

Hands down, the best cake I’ve ever tasted!! So many times you go to a wedding and the cake is beautiful, but dry. Not Lisa’s cakes!! Her cakes are not only stunning but delicious and moist! I had so much fun working with Lisa to design our cake and decide on the flavors. It is obvious Lisa is passionate about what she does, and it made working with her so easy. We had two flavors for our cake - chocolate with Kalhua filling and champagne with raspberry filling. Both are delish! My mom froze some leftover cake for me after the wedding, and I thought about it the whole honeymoon - I can’t wait to devour it!!

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Jamie! You were such a pleasure to work with, I'm thrilled you loved everything about your cake! Your entire reception at The Terrace at Cedar Hill was stunning! Of course with having Candace @Erin Padgett Events planning I knew it would be amazing! Thank you so much for having me play a small part in it all! Wishing you and Trey a lifetime of love and happiness together!
  • Laura
    Laura Married on 10/06/2018

Best in the Business!!

Lisa is AMAZING! There is no one better in the business. We did about 4 cake tastings, and once we met Lisa, tasted her cakes, and saw her work, we knew she was our girl! She is a true artist and can create ANY vision while maintaining the integrity of a delicious-tasting cake. Lisa did our grooms cake, wedding cake, and sugar cookies for my bridal bruncheon and out of town guests and everyone continues to rave about them. Her designs are impeccable and she is the easiest to work with. We will be using her for all our sweet-tooth needs in the future!

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

I'm so happy you loved all the sweet treats we made for you! You were a stunning bride and so very sweet and kind! Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! Much love to you both!
    Emily Married on 02/24/2018
    We had such a great experience working with Lisa that my husband is already looking for excuses to order more cakes!! We consulted with Lisa about 6 months or so before our wedding. She showed us many different designs she had done and let us try about 6 flavors - all were SO good and it was so hard to choose. I came with some vague ideas, and Lisa helped us take my ideas and construct them into an amazing cake. Her price was so reasonable and her product was SO beautiful. She also made our groom's cake. Also, the best part, is that her cake is PHENOMENALLY delicious. We have totally all seen those cakes that are gorgeous but not tasty. This is the best of both worlds. We decided to skip tradition and have eaten almost the entire top! Thanks Lisa for your wonderful help!
    Kyra Married on 10/21/2017
    We are so incredibly happy with the beautiful wedding cake we received from Lisa for our 10.21.17 wedding at The Brawley Estate. Lisa was thoughtful and responsiveness with me from the beginning, listening to my vision and offering practical solutions. We ended up choosing a four-tied spice cake with salted caramel filling. It was decorated with a ivory lace design on the top three layers and a gold lace design on the bottom layer, accented with flowers cascading down the side. It was as delicious as it was beautiful. Thank you so much Lisa!!
    Grace Married on 09/23/2017
    Lisa and her cakes are the best! My two best friends and I all got married in 2017 and we all booked Lisa. She is professional and the consultation was very informative (and yummy). We had just the right amount of cake for our guests with our top tier to spare for our anniversary. We chose the vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and raspberry filling. It was simple, yet elegant, and we added blooms to match the rest of our floral design. Lisa also helped me create a small surprise birthday cake for my mom and dad, whose birthday's were on and near the day of the wedding. She turned my Pinterest idea into a reality like it was a piece of cake : ) I would recommend Lisa to family and friends that are getting married.
    Annie Married on 09/09/2017
    Lisa did an amazing job with our cake! It was one item of the wedding planning that my husband cared about so we put extra time and effort into making sure we got the perfect cake! After we tried Lisa's champagne flavored cake we new we found our baker, and our guests loved it! After the wedding we received multiple messages from our guests about how good the wedding cake was compared with wedding cakes they previously had. Multiple people even had seconds! Thank you Lisa for making our cake dreams come true!
    Collin Married on 09/09/2017
    My wife and I went to 4 different cake tastings (which was awesome and I highly recommend going to at least that many). By the time we went to Lisa we kinda had an idea of what we wanted as far as a design and were able to use her many pictures to find the perfect set up. The cake itself was amazing. She had several combos of flavors we could use and they were all delicious. We went with a 3 later cake ( with the topper being our anniversary one), the bottom largest layer vanilla cake with salted caramel filling, the middle and top layer were chocolate with raspberry and chocolate ganache filling. The frosting was butter cream which we very much preferred over fondant. We may have eaten our anniversary cake early... shortly after the honeymoon... but if we decide to do a anniversary cake we will for sure see if Lisa can make it. She was amazing to work with and everything came out perfectly!!
    Katie Married on 07/22/2017
    Lisa designed the grooms cake, wedding favor cookies, as well as the wedding cake for our wedding a few weeks ago. She was a delight to work with throughout the entire process! My husband and I have very busy schedules and Lisa was more than willing to accommodate meeting my parents first and then meeting us later when we had a break. The cake tasting was one of my favorites parts of planning. It was so hard to choose because all of her cakes were so delicious! Lisa was great about going over every detail and really getting a feel for what style would match our wedding theme. Our guests raved about each of the very different cakes that we had. They were not only delicious but they were also so beautiful! She did a fantastic job of decorating them in two totally different styles. The cookie favors were absolutely adorable and were also a huge hit. I can't say enough great things about Lisa and would recommend her in a heartbeat for anyone's special event!

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

I'm so glad you were happy with all the goodies I created for you! I had fun with the groom's cake and cute balloon cookies! And of course your wedding cake-the design you chose was so pretty and the florist left me gorgeous flowers to use to finish it off! Congratulations again and wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness!
    Valerie Married on 04/08/2017
    Lisa provided us with alternating layers of cake flavor per my daughter's request and they were amazing! My daughter is very picky because she bakes cakes herself, and she was thrilled with the design and the flower arrangement that Lisa provided. At most weddings I have been to, cake is not eaten but many people at her wedding were eating 2 pieces.

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

I'm so glad everyone was happy and thrilled to hear how much your guests enjoyed eating the cake! My motto: it not only has to look good, it HAS to taste good too!
    Christina Married on 09/03/2016
    Lisa was essentially the EASIEST and BEST decision we made for our wedding vendor choices. Having a CREATIVE, BEAUTIFUL, and GREAT-TASTING cake was what we ultimately wanted. When we met Lisa for our cake consultation, she had prepared several of her most popular flavors with cute macaroons that added a special touch. She had a wonderful and bubbly personality, you can tell she loves what she does and it shows in her finished product. During our consultation, we indicated we wanted to add some flair to the traditional choices and she was up to the challenge. We came back for a second consultation, she blew us away with an experimental flavor: Coconut cake with mango buttercream! The flavors we chose included: Champagne buttercake with strawberry silk and fresh strawberry filling (AMAZING), Red Velvet, and Chocolate fudge cake with Kahlua cream cheese. In addition to having great flavor, the inside of the cake looks beautiful and cuts very well. When you cut the cake, the cake slice displays the filling layers so nicely. It is not spongey, but perfectly moist. When it came to design, we only had to have one meeting too. I talked about the different things I liked, gold and flowers. Lisa saw photos of my evening gown, décor, and invitation. She pretty much took it from there and designed the most beautiful showstopper cake I’ve ever seen. Honestly, to this day I just want to stand by it and hug it because it was that breath-taking! In all seriousness, I definitely recommend Lisa for any cake. I can’t wait to design my next cake with her!
    Lucia Married on 06/18/2016
    Lisa was an absolute delight to work with! She created a beautiful cake that completely fit the vision that we had in our minds. We had one conversation with Lisa about our vision; she depicted and then created that vision of our dream cake. Lisa is a true artist and talented baker. She was extremely professional and personal. We sampled several cakes around Charlotte; Lisa's cakes blew all the other cakes out of the water! One of our guests said that they did not like wedding cake. That statement changed when she tried Lisa's cake; everybody loved the cake! The cake was simply amazing. In addition to being an artist and amazing baker, Lisa helped us brainstorm solutions to create a cake that would fit our budget. She also created a fantastic grooms cake that our guests could not believe was all made from sugar! It was-- we tasted and loved every bite! She was amazing! We would recommend Lisa to all of our family and friends!
    Maria Married on 06/12/2016
    I honestly don't know where to start. Lisa is absolutely amazing!!!!!! Working with her was such a pleasure. She really becomes your friend throughout the whole wedding process. She is so sweet and patient and really wants to make you happy. She will listen to your wishes and share your vision with you. For my cake I wanted something unique and extravagent !!! I had a certain vision and Lisa not only met me expectations, but completely surpassed it. She made me a breathtaking 8 tiered ombre cake with gold accents for my wedding day. It was so regal. The details were impeccibly executed. It was such a highlight during my wedding reception. Every guest walked up to it and stared at it in amazement. People still to this day obsess over how magical my cake was. If you want a wedding cake fit for a queen, unique enough to stand out amongst all the other weddings, and just drop dead gorgeous, why wouldn't you let Lisa make your cake? It's a no brainer!
    Kate Married on 07/03/2015
    Lisa made our wedding cake and it was delicious! We had so many compliments from our guests. Lisa was also fabulous to work with providing us ideas and helping us narrow down the options to really reflect us and our overall theme. The cake itself was gorgeous! Thank you Lisa for everything! We'll be back for future celebrations!

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

You are so very welcome Kate! I know how hard it can be to pick a cake design-there's just an unlimited number of options! I'm glad I could help steer you in the right direction and make a cake you loved both in looks and taste. Congratulations again!!!
    Mary Married on 04/17/2015
    The wedding cake Lisa baked was delicious as well as gorgeous. Often wedding cakes are attractive but not tasty. In this case, the cake was both beautiful and had incredible flavor. It was moist and light as we hoped. We had both an almond cake layers and chocolate cake layers - both were fantastic. The fillings were out of this world and the icing was yummy.

We are delighted with our selection of Cakes by Lisa.

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

I'm so glad you were happy with the cake! It really is my goal to create not only gorgeous cakes, but cakes that taste amazing too. There really is no reason to not have both! Thank you so much for the lovely review!!
    Lisa Married on 04/11/2015
    OMG - our cake was superb! The flavors were amazing and our huge 5 tier cake looked absolutely beautiful! I showed Lisa what I wanted and she took it and made it OURS. She was so easy to work with and provided exceptional service. I highly recommend her!

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

I am so happy that you and Loc were so happy with your cake! It was a true pleasure making it for you! I absolutely loved the gold and silver painting-the perfect touch! Thank you for choosing me to make it for you! Wishing you all the best always!