Cake Expressions by Lisa Reviews

Cake Expressions by Lisa 3
Cake Expressions by Lisa 4
Cake Expressions by Lisa 5

Julie · Married on 10/05/2019

Looks amazing and tastes even more amazing!

I almost didn't get a cake because all my friends told me wedding cakes are in the past....I'm SOOOO happy I didn't listen to them. Lisa did an amazing job taking the ideas in my head and turning it into a beautiful cake. It turned out even more amazing than I imagined. Not only that, but it tasted amazing! We also had her make additional desserts (parfaits, pastries, cookies). Aside from the top layer of the cake that we had set aside, we did not have a single slice of cake or cookie left over. Everyone raved about our desserts. If you hire Lisa, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Ashley · Married on 06/15/2019

Beyond amazing!

Exceeded our expectations and was a huge hit with all the guest that attended our wedding. She was very understanding and knew exactly what we were looking for and was so helpful and responsive whenever we needed help!

Cake Expressions by Lisa 6
    Sent on 07/07/2019

Jamie · Married on 03/30/2019

Best Cake Ever!

Hands down, the best cake I’ve ever tasted!! So many times you go to a wedding and the cake is beautiful, but dry. Not Lisa’s cakes!! Her cakes are not only stunning but delicious and moist! I had so much fun working with Lisa to design our cake and decide on the flavors. It is obvious Lisa is passionate about what she does, and it made working with her so easy. We had two flavors for our cake - chocolate with Kalhua filling and champagne with raspberry filling. Both are delish! My mom froze some leftover cake for me after the wedding, and I thought about it the whole honeymoon - I can’t wait to devour it!!

Cake Expressions by Lisa 7
    Sent on 04/08/2019

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Jamie! You were such a pleasure to work with, I'm thrilled you loved everything about your cake! Your entire reception at The Terrace at Cedar Hill was stunning! Of course with having Candace @Erin Padgett Events planning I knew it would be amazing! Thank you so much for having me play a small part in it all! Wishing you and Trey a lifetime of love and happiness together!
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/06/2018

Best in the Business!!

Lisa is AMAZING! There is no one better in the business. We did about 4 cake tastings, and once we met Lisa, tasted her cakes, and saw her work, we knew she was our girl! She is a true artist and can create ANY vision while maintaining the integrity of a delicious-tasting cake. Lisa did our grooms cake, wedding cake, and sugar cookies for my bridal bruncheon and out of town guests and everyone continues to rave about them. Her designs are impeccable and she is the easiest to work with. We will be using her for all our sweet-tooth needs in the future!

Cake Expressions by Lisa 8
    Sent on 10/16/2018

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

I'm so happy you loved all the sweet treats we made for you! You were a stunning bride and so very sweet and kind! Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! Much love to you both!

Emily · Married on 02/24/2018

We had such a great experience working with Lisa that my husband is already looking for excuses to order more cakes!! We consulted with Lisa about 6 months or so before our wedding. She showed us many different designs she had done and let us try about 6 flavors - all were SO good and it was so hard to choose. I came with some vague ideas, and Lisa helped us take my ideas and construct them into an amazing cake. Her price was so reasonable and her product was SO beautiful. She also made our groom's cake. Also, the best part, is that her cake is PHENOMENALLY delicious. We have totally all seen those cakes that are gorgeous but not tasty. This is the best of both worlds. We decided to skip tradition and have eaten almost the entire top! Thanks Lisa for your wonderful help!

Sent on 03/08/2018

Kyra · Married on 10/21/2017

We are so incredibly happy with the beautiful wedding cake we received from Lisa for our 10.21.17 wedding at The Brawley Estate. Lisa was thoughtful and responsiveness with me from the beginning, listening to my vision and offering practical solutions. We ended up choosing a four-tied spice cake with salted caramel filling. It was decorated with a ivory lace design on the top three layers and a gold lace design on the bottom layer, accented with flowers cascading down the side. It was as delicious as it was beautiful. Thank you so much Lisa!!

Cake Expressions by Lisa 9
    Sent on 10/28/2017

Grace · Married on 09/23/2017

Lisa and her cakes are the best! My two best friends and I all got married in 2017 and we all booked Lisa. She is professional and the consultation was very informative (and yummy). We had just the right amount of cake for our guests with our top tier to spare for our anniversary. We chose the vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and raspberry filling. It was simple, yet elegant, and we added blooms to match the rest of our floral design. Lisa also helped me create a small surprise birthday cake for my mom and dad, whose birthday's were on and near the day of the wedding. She turned my Pinterest idea into a reality like it was a piece of cake : ) I would recommend Lisa to family and friends that are getting married.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Collin · Married on 09/09/2017

My wife and I went to 4 different cake tastings (which was awesome and I highly recommend going to at least that many). By the time we went to Lisa we kinda had an idea of what we wanted as far as a design and were able to use her many pictures to find the perfect set up. The cake itself was amazing. She had several combos of flavors we could use and they were all delicious. We went with a 3 later cake ( with the topper being our anniversary one), the bottom largest layer vanilla cake with salted caramel filling, the middle and top layer were chocolate with raspberry and chocolate ganache filling. The frosting was butter cream which we very much preferred over fondant. We may have eaten our anniversary cake early... shortly after the honeymoon... but if we decide to do a anniversary cake we will for sure see if Lisa can make it. She was amazing to work with and everything came out perfectly!!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Annie · Married on 09/09/2017

Lisa did an amazing job with our cake! It was one item of the wedding planning that my husband cared about so we put extra time and effort into making sure we got the perfect cake! After we tried Lisa's champagne flavored cake we new we found our baker, and our guests loved it! After the wedding we received multiple messages from our guests about how good the wedding cake was compared with wedding cakes they previously had. Multiple people even had seconds! Thank you Lisa for making our cake dreams come true!

Cake Expressions by Lisa 10
    Sent on 07/19/2018

Katie · Married on 07/22/2017

Lisa designed the grooms cake, wedding favor cookies, as well as the wedding cake for our wedding a few weeks ago. She was a delight to work with throughout the entire process! My husband and I have very busy schedules and Lisa was more than willing to accommodate meeting my parents first and then meeting us later when we had a break. The cake tasting was one of my favorites parts of planning. It was so hard to choose because all of her cakes were so delicious! Lisa was great about going over every detail and really getting a feel for what style would match our wedding theme. Our guests raved about each of the very different cakes that we had. They were not only delicious but they were also so beautiful! She did a fantastic job of decorating them in two totally different styles. The cookie favors were absolutely adorable and were also a huge hit. I can't say enough great things about Lisa and would recommend her in a heartbeat for anyone's special event!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

I'm so glad you were happy with all the goodies I created for you! I had fun with the groom's cake and cute balloon cookies! And of course your wedding cake-the design you chose was so pretty and the florist left me gorgeous flowers to use to finish it off! Congratulations again and wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness!

valerie · Married on 04/08/2017

Lisa provided us with alternating layers of cake flavor per my daughter's request and they were amazing! My daughter is very picky because she bakes cakes herself, and she was thrilled with the design and the flower arrangement that Lisa provided. At most weddings I have been to, cake is not eaten but many people at her wedding were eating 2 pieces.

Sent on 04/18/2017

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

I'm so glad everyone was happy and thrilled to hear how much your guests enjoyed eating the cake! My motto: it not only has to look good, it HAS to taste good too!

Christina · Married on 09/03/2016

Lisa was essentially the EASIEST and BEST decision we made for our wedding vendor choices. Having a CREATIVE, BEAUTIFUL, and GREAT-TASTING cake was what we ultimately wanted. When we met Lisa for our cake consultation, she had prepared several of her most popular flavors with cute macaroons that added a special touch. She had a wonderful and bubbly personality, you can tell she loves what she does and it shows in her finished product. During our consultation, we indicated we wanted to add some flair to the traditional choices and she was up to the challenge. We came back for a second consultation, she blew us away with an experimental flavor: Coconut cake with mango buttercream! The flavors we chose included: Champagne buttercake with strawberry silk and fresh strawberry filling (AMAZING), Red Velvet, and Chocolate fudge cake with Kahlua cream cheese. In addition to having great flavor, the inside of the cake looks beautiful and cuts very well. When you cut the cake, the cake slice displays the filling layers so nicely. It is not spongey, but perfectly moist. When it came to design, we only had to have one meeting too. I talked about the different things I liked, gold and flowers. Lisa saw photos of my evening gown, décor, and invitation. She pretty much took it from there and designed the most beautiful showstopper cake I’ve ever seen. Honestly, to this day I just want to stand by it and hug it because it was that breath-taking! In all seriousness, I definitely recommend Lisa for any cake. I can’t wait to design my next cake with her!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Lucia · Married on 06/18/2016

Lisa was an absolute delight to work with! She created a beautiful cake that completely fit the vision that we had in our minds. We had one conversation with Lisa about our vision; she depicted and then created that vision of our dream cake. Lisa is a true artist and talented baker. She was extremely professional and personal. We sampled several cakes around Charlotte; Lisa's cakes blew all the other cakes out of the water! One of our guests said that they did not like wedding cake. That statement changed when she tried Lisa's cake; everybody loved the cake! The cake was simply amazing. In addition to being an artist and amazing baker, Lisa helped us brainstorm solutions to create a cake that would fit our budget. She also created a fantastic grooms cake that our guests could not believe was all made from sugar! It was-- we tasted and loved every bite! She was amazing! We would recommend Lisa to all of our family and friends!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Maria · Married on 06/12/2016

I honestly don't know where to start. Lisa is absolutely amazing!!!!!! Working with her was such a pleasure. She really becomes your friend throughout the whole wedding process. She is so sweet and patient and really wants to make you happy. She will listen to your wishes and share your vision with you. For my cake I wanted something unique and extravagent !!! I had a certain vision and Lisa not only met me expectations, but completely surpassed it. She made me a breathtaking 8 tiered ombre cake with gold accents for my wedding day. It was so regal. The details were impeccibly executed. It was such a highlight during my wedding reception. Every guest walked up to it and stared at it in amazement. People still to this day obsess over how magical my cake was. If you want a wedding cake fit for a queen, unique enough to stand out amongst all the other weddings, and just drop dead gorgeous, why wouldn't you let Lisa make your cake? It's a no brainer!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Kate · Married on 07/03/2015

Lisa made our wedding cake and it was delicious! We had so many compliments from our guests. Lisa was also fabulous to work with providing us ideas and helping us narrow down the options to really reflect us and our overall theme. The cake itself was gorgeous! Thank you Lisa for everything! We'll be back for future celebrations!

Sent on 08/01/2015

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

You are so very welcome Kate! I know how hard it can be to pick a cake design-there's just an unlimited number of options! I'm glad I could help steer you in the right direction and make a cake you loved both in looks and taste. Congratulations again!!!

Mary · Married on 04/17/2015

The wedding cake Lisa baked was delicious as well as gorgeous. Often wedding cakes are attractive but not tasty. In this case, the cake was both beautiful and had incredible flavor. It was moist and light as we hoped. We had both an almond cake layers and chocolate cake layers - both were fantastic. The fillings were out of this world and the icing was yummy.

We are delighted with our selection of Cakes by Lisa.

Sent on 04/19/2015

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

I'm so glad you were happy with the cake! It really is my goal to create not only gorgeous cakes, but cakes that taste amazing too. There really is no reason to not have both! Thank you so much for the lovely review!!

Lisa · Married on 04/11/2015

OMG - our cake was superb! The flavors were amazing and our huge 5 tier cake looked absolutely beautiful! I showed Lisa what I wanted and she took it and made it OURS. She was so easy to work with and provided exceptional service. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 04/28/2015

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

I am so happy that you and Loc were so happy with your cake! It was a true pleasure making it for you! I absolutely loved the gold and silver painting-the perfect touch! Thank you for choosing me to make it for you! Wishing you all the best always!

Carey · Married on 03/14/2015

I couldn't be happier with my experience with Lisa. My mom and I went to her house to view her cakes and sample them. Immediately we looked at each other and thought wow we are not going to be able to afford these because they look like something out of one of those pastry talent competitions on TV. Then we tasted them and not only do they look exquisite, but they taste incredible too. Shockingly she fell perfectly within our budget and I was thrilled... my cake was going to be amazing!! The entire experience was stress-free and wonderful. I was so happy when I saw my cake the day of the wedding, it almost stole the show as guests were lined up to take a picture of my cake. Thank you Lisa for your talent and making my wedding day just that much more special! I can't wait for our one year anniversary when I can eat my cake again!

Sent on 03/24/2015

Cake Expressions by Lisa's reply:

You are so very welcome Carey! It was a pleasure working with you-you were an awesome bride! And the cake may have been pretty, but no way could it ever outshine you on your day! I had a blast creating it and was quite happy with the results too. I truly believe cakes should taste as good as they look, and always try to price them fairly according to how much work is involved. I'm so glad you chose me to make your cake! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!

Melanie · Married on 11/02/2013

Lisa was so great! She saved the day for me! My original wedding cake vendor was very unresponsive from the start and after struggling to communicate with them I decided to go a different route. I found Cake Expressions by Lisa a little over a month before my wedding date and thankfully she was available! She arranged a meeting with me so I could taste her cake and I was sold. No stress for me from that point on! She was so wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. I gave her my ideas and everything turned out beautifully and the cake and cupcakes were sooo yummy! I couldn't be more pleased! I'm so glad Lisa was available and was such a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 12/06/2013

Lisa was amazing to work with! I planned my wedding from out of town, which made scheduling a cake tasting in advance difficult. Lisa worked with me so I was able to do my tasting 3 days before we needed our groom's cake and 4 days before our wedding. Every flavor and filling was delicious and we were beyond pleased with the design of our cakes. Our wedding cake was exactly what I had envisioned and Lisa was able to take an idea and make it come alive in our groom's cake. She was easy to get in touch with and was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. I would highly recommend Cake Expressions by Lisa!

Sent on 08/11/2013
  • F

Frances · Married on 04/13/2013

Lisa was so easy to work with....we met with her one time and she created the exact cake I wanted! I was sold when she said I could have Nutella filling!!! Fantastic!!!

Sent on 08/25/2013

Jessica · Married on 03/29/2013

Lisa was delightful to work with and always quick to respond! She did our wedding cake and a birthday cake. The designs were beautiful and the cakes were delicious. We got tons of compliments!

Sent on 04/07/2013

Critsey · Married on 03/19/2010

Beautiful and Delicious!!!

My company Critsey Rowe Photography has had the pleasure to work with some of the top bakers in the country including "The Cake Boss" and I have to say that "Cake Expressions by Lisa" is by far one of the BEST! Her designs and quality are amazing! She is professional and kind. All of my clients adore her. She is one of the top bakers in our industry and you would not go wrong by booking with her.

Cake Expressions by Lisa 11
    Cake Expressions by Lisa 12
    Cake Expressions by Lisa 13
    Cake Expressions by Lisa 14
    Cake Expressions by Lisa 15
    Sent on 09/28/2019

Emily · Married on 06/06/2009

Lisa is so amazingly talented! She was fun to work with & very helpful throughtout the planning process. We got so many compliments about our wedding cake, both about how beautiful it was & how delicious it tasted. I can't imagine our day without her!

Sent on 06/21/2009

Erin · Married on 05/24/2009

What a fantastic experience! Lisa not only makes gorgeous cakes, they actually taste good too! I had to entirely plan my wedding from Florida, so I never got to try samples or meet Lisa, but she was very responsive to email, and helped me put my dream wedding cake together over email. She provides helpful input, without badgering you into just doing things her way. I had several people at my wedding stop me and say "this is the most beautiful cake I have ever laid eyes on," and one of them bakes wedding cakes herself! Also, for her high level of work, Lisa's prices are very competitive. She doesn't gouge you for the setup fee like many others do. She also made the groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner, and that was absolutely delicious as well. My only regret is that I never got to meet Lisa or thank her in person! Very highly recommended...you can't go wrong with Cake Expressions!

Sent on 06/18/2009