Cake Designers Reviews

197 | Sanford, FL

197 Reviews for Cake Designers

Dale · Getting married on 06/02/2022

What an Excellent Find!!

Wow, Wow, Wow. Cake Designer were fantastic from the start; planning, cake tasting, response, and venue setup. They were on time and very professional. Not only was the cake and cupcake tier beautiful; the taste of the both were delicious & out of this world. Nearly every guest had to take a closer look, take a photograph, and comment on the great taste. The cake and cupcake tier was definitely one of the highlights of the reception. Cake Designers was a excellent find and will be used again by our family in the future. We highly recommend them to anyone!!!

Sent on 02/23/2021

D Allard · Getting married on 10/02/2021

All around Best Wedding Cake

Absolutely recommend Cake Designers for your wedding cakes. Beautifully decorated, moist, tasty! Everyone raved!
    It was exactly as requested. Patty also recommended ideas to decorate the wedding cake table. She was awesome!

Sent on 03/01/2020

Cake Designers's reply:

Thank you for the review. The rustic wood cake design fit your theme excellent. It's always fun for me to enter the venue and see the complete vision. Thank you for choosing Cake Designers to make your dream wedding cake.
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 04/03/2021

Thank you!

So easy to work with! Spectacularly beautiful cake, exactly as imagined, and soooo delicious.

Sent on 04/09/2021

Kelsey H. · Married on 02/20/2021

Best cake ever!

Patty and her husband were amazing. They helped me find the perfect design for me decor and venue and made it come alive. Multiple flavors, fillings and icing to choose from. Made a lace design on my bottom layer to match my dress. They helped decorate the dessert table and were very accommodating when I changed my date. I highly recommend this company not only for weddings but any special occasion! I will be using them again in the future for any special occasion

Sent on 07/12/2020

Cake Designers's reply:

Thank you Kelsey for the great review! Everything came together so beautifully. You had great weather for your outdoor wedding. I must say You looked stunning! I look forward to making other special event cakes for you.
  • Nicole

Nicole B. · Married on 01/30/2021

Such a Beautiful and Delicious Cake!

Patty and Cake Designers may be all about the bling with their cakes, but she executed the more simple design that we wanted PERFECTLY. We sampled the Raspberry Irish Cream cake a wedding expo and it was game over from there; hands down the MOST delicious cake I have ever eaten in my life!

Patty herself is such a sweet lady and was always very prompt and professional with communication. I can’t wait until our one year anniversary so I can dive into that cake again!

Sent on 02/13/2021

Cake Designers's reply:

Thank you for the great review Nicole. We are honored that you chose Cake Designers to make your dream wedding cake.

Kimberly D. · Married on 12/12/2020

They were amazing!

Patty at Cake Designers was a pleasure to work with and very accommodating. The cakes are beautiful that she creates. We had a small cake on top and cupcake tree and it turned out beautiful and tasted amazing. Thank you Patty for helping to make our daughters wedding day perfect.

Sent on 12/15/2020

Charlotte P. · Married on 12/12/2020

Could not be happier!

I could not recommend Patty more! She was amazing to work with for our wedding cake and it turned out even better than I expected. Not only did it look beautiful and was exactly what I envisioned, it tasted good too.

We got so many compliments for our guests about how pretty the cake looked and how good it tasted.

From start to finish, Patty was great to work with. The tasting was great as we could try different flavors before deciding on exactly what we wanted. The price was fair and I’d highly recommend Cake Designers.

Sent on 12/22/2020

Reagan W. · Married on 12/03/2020

Beautiful Cakes

Cake was beautiful and delicious. Patty is sweet and great to work with, but very particular about her loaned items being returned immediately following the wedding. Plan to have your coordinator or family member check her list after the wedding and return them the next day.

Sent on 12/15/2020

Michael H. · Married on 11/14/2020

Pleasant and flexible

Working with Patty was such a joy! She listened to everything we wanted and helped us come up with the perfect visual for our cake. The flavors were amazing and so delicious. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for their cake!

Sent on 11/19/2020

Cake Designers's reply:

Michael & Priscilla, Thank you for the excellent review. It was fun helping you design your wedding cake. Your masquerade theme and colors were well executed throughout your wedding reception. I really enjoyed working with the 2 of you and bringing your dream wedding cake to life.

Nikky J. · Married on 07/31/2020

Wedding cake so beautiful

Patty is excellent, she very friendly and helpful. We love the cake for my wedding, the decorations was wonderful we love it..

Sent on 08/14/2020

Cake Designers's reply:

Nikky & Hector, We were honored that you chose Cake Designers to be a part of such a special day in your lives. Thank you for the excellent review. We wish you a lifetime of Martial bliss!
  • Kelly

Kelly G. · Married on 06/18/2020

Perfection!

Patty was friendly and allowed us to sample so much! We went with an interesting, but DELICIOUS combination: amaretto cake with the mint frosting. Everyone loved it. The fondant was impeccable and it was beautifully decorated! Worth EVERY penny!

Sent on 06/25/2020

Joan · Married on 05/16/2020

Wedding Cake was absolutely stunning!

From the moment I met Patty, I knew she was not just another cake baker. She is an experienced, caring person who made my daughters wedding cake vision a reality. The cake turned out exactly how my daughter envisioned and was just as moist as the samples we had at our cake tasting appointment. Patty even made sure the cake was set up in the right location on the cake table with the perfect background so the bride and groom would have the best possible pictures! The cake was absolutely stunning! I would highly recommend Cake Designers for your special cake. You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 01/21/2020

Cake Designers's reply:

Thank you Joan for the excellent review. I was honored Ashley chose Cake Designers to make this most important cake. I'm so happy I brought her wedding cake vision to life.
  • Alicia

Alicia B. · Married on 03/28/2020

Amazing and simple

The cake was gorgeous and delicious. Not only that but she was amazing to work with while having to postpone our even because of covid shutting everything down. If I ever had another big event and needed a cake made she would be my go to person.

Sent on 11/24/2020

Cake Designers's reply:

Alicia, Thank you for the great review. Your cake design fit your theme beautifully. I enjoyed getting to know you and was honored that you and Zachery chose Cake Designers to bring your dream wedding cake to life.
  • Ariel

Ariel M. · Married on 03/18/2020

Making my cake a reality

Cake Designers were fantastic. They were very fast in responding and answered any questions or concerns I had. The flavor and the taste of the cake was amazing! I cannot wait to have it again one year from now on my anniversary. Highly recommend.

Sent on 03/20/2020

Cake Designers's reply:

Ariel, Thank you for the great review. The cake and all the decorations complemented each other beautifully. We are honored you chose Cake Designers to make your dream wedding cake.
  • Sherry

Sherry · Married on 03/07/2020

Cake was beautiful

Beautiful cake, delicious, very nice people

Sent on 03/11/2020

Cake Designers's reply:

Thank you Sherry for the review. Your cake design was so pretty and having a lot of small flowers made for a beautiful cascade. You and Gordon were such a nice couple to work with. Thank you for choosing Cake Designers to make your dream wedding cake

Julie R. · Married on 03/05/2020

Deliciously Amazing!

We were recommended to use Cake Designers by one of my husband's friends who had used them for their wedding. He told us that he's never been to a wedding before where there was no cake left! Obviously we had to try this vendor out and Patty, the owner, and baker certainly did not disappoint! Our cake was simple, yet beautiful and tasted incredible. Communication between Patty and us was flawless. She even called me the day before while she was working on the cake to let me know one of our design ideas was not working out no matter how many ways she tried it and just wanted to make sure that it was okay to not include it. We were thankful that she let us know so there wouldn't be any surprises when we saw the beautiful cake! Patty is just as sweet as her delicious cakes and I would truly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 03/24/2020

Cake Designers's reply:

Julie & Alan, Your cake was so unique! Your Harry Potter theme was carried throughout your wedding right down to every detail, It was such a fun cake to create. Thank you for the great review.
  • Rosa

Rosa · Married on 02/29/2020

Delicious and elegant cake

We loved our 3 tier cake. We explained what we wanted and the day of the wedding our expectations were exceeded. My cake was beautiful and it tasted delicious. Everybody loved my cake because it was perfect, not too sweet. Some people had 3 slices! They are very professional and will bring your vision to life. Highly recommend.

Sent on 03/06/2020

Cake Designers's reply:

Rosa & Frank thank you for the great review. You were such a fun couple to work with. Your cake was so elegant! Thank you for choosing Cake Designers to make your dream wedding cake.

Ana B. · Married on 02/22/2020

A touch of sparkle

Patty was very courteous and professional. From the moment I got in touch with her she was very accommodating. I sent pictures of what I had in mind and she exceeded my expectations. The tasting was impressive, I was able to combine every flavor with any filling Possible. When she delivers her cakes, she makes sure she leaves it picture perfect. I would definitely recommend Cake Designers to make your wedding cake an unforgettable touch!

Sent on 03/22/2020

Cake Designers's reply:

Ana, you and Shawn are such a beautiful couple. I enjoyed working with you and helping you design your dream wedding cake. Thank you for the great review!
  • Boris

Boris F. · Married on 02/20/2020

Great experience...Great Cake and Great time!!

I would highly recommend this company.. here's why.. so this is my first wedding (AND LAST).. and on top of that I'm planning it all for my queen. We'd been together 8 years and I've been doing recon work the entire time (slowly collecting all the things she love and would want when we get married). It's now go time!! She had no idea about anything really but I decided to include her on deciding on the cake. We went to the cake tasting at about 11 and oh my.. was Patti organized, patient, accommodating and a huge help. She had it all laid out.. types of cakes, types of fillings, types of icing.. and we ended up selecting the combination we loved. She entered it all in the system and while I waited we just started talking. She introduced me to her husband Terry and they are so easy to talk to.. we ended up chatting and connecting. Soooo 4 hours later... any way... Reception day came and I hadn't seen the cake since the day of design... My wife and I were absolutely blown away at how precise things turned out... and HOW GREAT THE CAKE TASTED!!! Our guests loved every bit of it and THERE WAS NOT ONE PIECE LEFT! They even tried to take the one we set aside for us! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Cake Designers!!

Sent on 03/21/2020

Cake Designers's reply:

Boris & Carla, Thank you for choosing Cake Designers to be a part of one of the most special days in your life. You are such a wonderful couple. We so enjoyed getting to know you and will forever call you friends!

Deidra D. · Married on 12/07/2019

Cake and cupcakes

Everything was perfect. A tasting with a lot of options, professionalism and beauty. Patty was nice and so easy to work with and it tasted great. Highly recommend.

Sent on 01/01/2020

Cake Designers's reply:

Thank you Deidra for the great review. You had a beautiful setting and wonderful weather for an outdoor wedding. Thank you for choosing Cake Designers to make your wedding cake.

Milscent · Married on 11/09/2019

My experience was great.

Patty was awesome, very professional, and knowledgable. I would recommend her everytime.

Sent on 12/19/2019

Cake Designers's reply:

Thank you Milscent for the review. The 2 of you did an excellent job of designing your wedding cake. The Bling, edible lace and flowers made for a Wow cake!
  • F

Feven · Married on 10/27/2019

Excellent everything is perfect I recommend for everyone

No words she is amazing and her cake is very delicious

Sent on 10/31/2019

Cake Designers's reply:

Feven, Thank you for your great review. Thank you for choosing Cake Designers to make your wedding cake. Working together we came up with a beautiful design that was stunning!

Rey Z. · Married on 10/12/2019

Incredible experience.

Patty and Terry are not only very professional and courteous, but they sure do know what they are doing. It all started with a wonderful consultation that went over our vision. Different cakes, cake flavors, frostings, and icings were laid out for us to try, and Patty literally drew our cake for us and broke everything down. We could not believe our eyes when we saw how beautiful our wedding cake was. It shined, looked good, smelled good, and even our venue servers stated they’ve never seen a cake so beautiful. Out of everything we offered at our wedding, the cake definitely stole the show.We will definitely be doing business with Patty again!!!! Thanks again guys.

Sent on 10/14/2019

Cake Designers's reply:

Rey & Catherine, You 2 were such a pleasure to work with. Getting to know the 2 of you and helping you design your custom wedding cake was so much fun! We are honored that you chose Cake Designers to make your Dream Wedding Cake. We wish you a long and happy marriage.
  • Kawehiokalani

Kawehiokalani N. · Married on 10/12/2019

Patty Ames for President!

It’s really hard to put into words just how great my experience was working with Patty Ames Cake Designers. My decorator/florist, who has obviously worked on many weddings before, could not stop raving about how beautiful my wedding cake was and how amazing it tasted. He even went as far as saying that the cake I had for my wedding was by far the most gorgeous cake he has ever seen and quite honestly, I could not agree more.

From the moment I began working with Patty, she was very well organized and so professional. At a very reasonable price I bought a 5 tier wedding cake with 4 additional 8in round cakes, all of which had different flavors and different designs. I had a red velvet cake with chocolate chips and cream cheese filling, raspberry Irish cream cake with Guava filling, amaretto cake with pineapple filling, chocolate cake with dulce de leche filling, and then a marble cake with raspberry filling. I love cake so I made sure to taste each of them and I can’t complain about any. They were all incredible and tasted so fresh!! As far as design, Patty really took her time when designing my cake because it was seriously so neat and beautiful! The details were everything with this cake! I HIGHLY recommend Cake Designers. I plan to return back to Patty with any other events I may have that I need a cake for. Seriously, it’s that good!

Sent on 10/19/2019

Cake Designers's reply:

Thank you Kay for the wonderful review! You and your family were such a joy to work with. Your venue was so beautifully decorated. The florist was amazing. The floral peacocks were breathtaking. We are honored that you chose Cake Designers to make your dream wedding cake.