Cake By Alissa Reviews

Cake By Alissa 5
Cake By Alissa 6
Cake By Alissa 7

Devin · Married on 04/27/2019

Delicious and Great to work with

Alissa did such an amazing job with the cupcakes for our wedding, it's hard to put into words. The display that she set up with our vendor turned out absolutely amazing. All of the different types of cupcakes and our cutting cake looked beautiful, especially given the fact that we had such a large wedding! The best part of all, however, was how incredible they tasted. We have never seen a wedding where all of the cupcakes and cake were eaten so fast by the guests (and we bought more than 1 per person too!). There were only a handful left by the end of the night! The taste and setup exceeded our every expectation. This is largely due to how receptive and responsive Alissa was to our emails and communications; whenever we had a question or looked for some advice, she was there to help us and seemed excited to do it. We will certainly be recommending her to all of our family and friends, and we can't wait to order more cakes/cupcakes with Alissa for our own future celebrations!

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Becca

Becca · Married on 10/27/2018

Gorgeous wedding cake

We thought our wedding cake was fabulous! It looked and tasted amazing. I loved the semi-naked look with caramel drizzle. Guests raved about it. I've never seen so many people take photos of a cake at a wedding! Alissa is definitely really talented and was a pleasure to work with during the planning process.

Sent on 01/10/2019
    Cake By Alissa 9

Kim · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing wedding cake!

We used Cakes by Alissa for our October 2018 wedding. Needless to say, it was amazing! We did a small celebratory cake to cut and she provided a sheet cake for the guests. She also made delicious gluten free cupcakes for our guests. She was very easy to work with and we did a tasting which was a lot of fun and really helped us to figure out what we wanted to do. Alissa is very professional and knowledgable and most importantly her cake was absolutely delicious!! Many guests commented on how great the cake was which was great to hear! We would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Sophie Guillemet · Married on 10/06/2018

Deliciousness

I had my wedding cake and cupcake as favors...SOOOOO GOOD! Excellent service and the cake was amazing!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Courtney · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing desserts!! Alissa helped us by working with us to have everything we wanted and helped us stay within our budget!! The cake was AMAZING. And the cupcakes were fabulous also! I am so thankful for her skill and time!

Sent on 09/01/2018
    Cake By Alissa 10

V S B · Married on 07/28/2018

Just what we wanted

We used Cake By Alissa for our wedding because we wanted a mixture of items I knew she excelled at. We primarily had cupcakes, and Alissa was very helpful in guiding us through her many options. We also needed gluten free options and she had just the right cupcakes for our guests. Finally, we wanted a small cake for us and our 4 girls, who all LOVE bacon, so Alissa made a special cake with Maple Bacon frosting...delicious!!!

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Cake By Alissa 11
    Cake By Alissa 12

Lori · Married on 07/14/2018

Amazing!!!

Alissa made our wedding cake. She did an amazing job! Our cake was so delicious with the cannoli filling! 😋

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Cake By Alissa 13

Caitlin · Married on 07/07/2018

Alissa is such a easy going person to work with! She owns a cute shop in Schuylerville and is where you can go to do you cake tasting. There are so many delicious options to pick from and was hard to decide what we loved most . However, we had a summer wedding and when Alissa said she hand picks the strawberries and makes fresh filling we were sold. Alissa delivered our theee tier cake the day of and our florist left her flowers to put on along with a topper. Alissa made the cake look absolutely elegant. She made our tier cake and sheet cakes for all of our guest. The sheet cake and tier cake were identical in taste and quality. Everyone loved the freshness of fruit, the perfect amount of sweetness from the icing and the texture of the cake. You won’t regret getting a cake from her!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Aileen · Married on 06/22/2018

Cake was beautiful and delicious, moist, great flavor. Recommend!! Also, ordered cookies, also yummy and beautiful!

Sent on 07/02/2018
    Cake By Alissa 14

Jessica · Married on 09/30/2017

Alissa made the most beautiful, amazing and delicious wedding cake for our wedding! Our guests are still talking about how good the cake tasted. We can't wait to eat our cake for our 1 year anniversary. We can't thank you enough Alissa!!

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Cake By Alissa 15

Mikella · Married on 09/16/2017

Alissa made us the most delicious chocolate expresso cake with mocha buttercream. She was incredibly professional and flexible when we changed the size of our cake not long before the wedding.

Sent on 10/01/2017
  • Sheybuttah17

Sheila · Married on 09/16/2017

I had an incredible experience with Alissa, she captured both the vision I had, but mostly my mom's in every way possible. We were truly pleased with how everything looked and MORE importantly tasted. We had a free tasting prior to everything and it was so hard to choose the flavors. I can't say enough how happy we went with Cakes by Alissa for our wedding day!

Sent on 10/03/2017
    Cake By Alissa 16
    Cake By Alissa 17

Emmi · Married on 09/09/2017

By far the best cake that I have ever had! My husband and I love cake and could not wait to pick out flavors of cake, frosting, and fillings! We were so pleased when we went to our tasting. We could not wait to have more on our wedding day! Even the flavors we did not choose were so delicious! The frosting was perfect and so was the texture of the cake. Alissa did an amazing job! She is so talented at what she does! I will definitely be using her again for birthdays and other events!

Sent on 10/01/2017
    Cake By Alissa 18

Becky · Married on 10/22/2016

Alissa did an amazing job on our wedding cake!! It was so beautiful and absolutely delicious! We did a four tier cake with multiple flavored layers: vanilla cake with chocolate mousse filling and white buttercream frosting, and strawberry cake with cannoli filling and white buttercream frosting. Amazing! We had several guests tell us it was the best cake they've ever had. She was an absolute pleasure to work with, and we definitely recommend Cake by Alissa!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Maureen · Married on 10/20/2016

Our experience with Cake by Alissa was great from our first email to the last delicious bite. We do not live locally, so we could not set up a tasting or meet in person so based on other reviews, we made the best decision ever to go with Alissa Woods for our wedding!!!! The cake was absolutely gorgeous, with fresh flowers, it made for the perfect Fall Wedding Cake of my dreams! We decided to go with the Guinness chocolate cake with Baileys Irish cream butter cream. The top layer was Gluten Free, and trust me it was the best gluten free cake I have ever had. My husband tried it and couldn't even tell the difference. She also made us chocolate chip and blueberry muffins as a evening snack, and wow it was delicious! Everyone was asking who the baker was, it was a huge hit. Thank you so much Alissa!!!!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Martha · Married on 09/17/2016

Omgosh!!! Alissa did our three tier cake with an accompanying sheet cake and it was SO tasty!!! I brought my sister and friend with me to the tasting and we all left knowing that my cake was going to be amazing. Alissa offers many flavors, fillings, and frostings, and is so so flexible with changes/anything. The cake was beautiful and fit my vintage theme to the T. Also, super-bonus, her prices are incredibly reasonable! Definitely highly recommend!!!

Sent on 09/19/2016
  • Sarah380

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2016

Alissa was wonderful to work with and our wedding cake was SO SO delicious! We received so many compliments from our guests on how good it was! We had a white wedding cake w/ raspberry filling & vanilla buttercream -- classic & perfect! Alissa went above and beyond to grab my apple cider donuts from Saratoga Apple & set everything up for us. It looked so perfect -- just what I envisioned! Thank you Alissa!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Alissa was totally awesome. My husband and I don't like fondant and Alissa has the best butter cream frosting that was so tasty that I had way too much cake during out tasting it was just so good! She was very accommodating to taste, style, and budget! She made us a three tier Strawberry shortcake (which was too die for!), in addition she also made cupcakes: "His" = Red Velvet, "Hers" = Mint Chocolate Chip, and "Ours" = Strawberry Shortcake. Our wedding guests LOVED the cake and the cupcakes by the end of the night they were all gone! Alissa has a great little shop and when you go to your tasting make sure to take some home for later, because you'll want to share what you tasted with your family and just will want to have some extra for later anyway! Alissa was very flexible to work with, she even helped me create a surprise groom cake for my husband with all of his favorite brewery logos on it. It was a wonderful surprise at our rehearsal dinner and he loved it!! If you're looking for delicious taste and a beautiful cake and you're on a budget, hire Alissa, she will take care of you and give you the best cake/cupcakes for your wedding day!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Laura · Married on 07/09/2016

Alissa did a fabulous job on the cupcakes for our wedding. We had a home wedding & didn't want to worry about formal cake cutting, so the cupcakes worked out perfectly. My favorites were the triple lemon, but the slated carmel came in a close second.
    Thank-you Alissa

Sent on 09/26/2016

Crystal · Married on 05/21/2016

Our wedding cake was nothing short of spectacular and Alissa was so easy to work with. From the moment we first contacted her to our tasting and finally to our wedding day, it was all so effortless. We wanted a somewhat of a 'different' wedding cake and Alissa was able to deliver without even batting an eye! Our gold spray chocolate cake was delicious and a complete showstopper! Probably one of our most raved about items at our wedding. :)

Sent on 08/23/2016

Jen · Married on 04/30/2016

5 stars is just not enough for Alissa! Our wedding cake was amazing, nearly a month later and our guests are still raving about it! It was absolutely perfect, inside and out! She was extremely easy and flexible to work with, very open and attentive to our wants. I can't wait for my next event so I can order another cake!!

Sent on 05/25/2016

Josalyne · Married on 04/16/2016

I would recommend Alissa to any bride and groom. Her cakes are the best! Mine was exactly how I pictured it from day one and the guests could not stop raving about the taste. She is fairly priced and wonderful to work with.

Sent on 04/19/2016

We met with Alyssa and she was so great. She is willing to do just about anything and she was very professional. I can not wait to see our Wedding cake!! I would absolutely recommend her to others!

Sent on 09/04/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/06/2015

Working with Alissa was wonderful! Our cake turned out exactly how I imagined and tasted even better. When I met with Alissa at our tasting, she was extremely professional and we carefully discussed how the cake would look and taste. When we ended up having more guests than we anticipated, she was quick to help us come up with a solution that worked with our budget. The day of wedding, we got tons of compliments on how our cake tasted and guests even went back from second and third helpings. I would recommend Alissa to any bride out there!

Sent on 10/11/2015