Cake Alchemy Reviews

Cake Alchemy 2
Cake Alchemy 3
Cake Alchemy 4

Robert · Married on 12/09/2017

Cake Alchemy did a great job. The cake looked amazing and taste even better. All my guest couldn’t stop talking about how amazing the cake taste.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Allyson · Married on 10/07/2017

Cake Alchemy created a beautifully designed 4 layer cake for our wedding, with each layer having its own unique flavor combination. While some wedding cakes can tend to be dry after staying out all day, the sponge from Cake Alchemy was anything but, and all four flavors were phenomenal. The buttercream fillings were also smooth and creamy and the flavor combinations recommended to us for the cake/filling pairings were delicious. I would certainly recommend Cake Alchemy to anyone looking for an amazing design and a truly delectable cake.

Cake Alchemy 5
    Sent on 01/14/2018

Heather · Married on 05/14/2016

Our wedding was at the Le Parker Meridien Hotel and they partner with Cake Alchemy as part of their wedding package. We met with Lauri a few months before the wedding to select flavors and designs. We wanted something simple on the outside and delicious on the inside and Lauri helped us create just that. Each tier of the cake was beautifully done with the various design elements that we selected (we went with an art deco influence) and the cake and filling flavors were equally as amazing. We cannot wait to celebrate our first anniversary and eat the top tier of our cake!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Cake Alchemy's reply:

Thank you Heather, congratulations!

Stephanie · Married on 12/05/2015

one word = delicious! Lauri is talented and her cakes are sooooo good! She was great from the beginning to the end and on my one year anniversary I am going back to have her make my wedding cake because I ate all of it. It was that good! She is amazing and I would definitely recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Cake Alchemy's reply:

Thank you stephanie! Hooray!

M · Married on 11/08/2015

Cake Alchemy (Lauri Ditunno) did a fantastic job!!! Our cake was truly a work of art. We fully designed our cake from the topper to the filling and it turned out perfect. The cake tasted great as well! Lauri has been on Food Network shows but is very grounded and fun to work with. There were ZERO issues. Lauri can even bake a small "trial" cake with the chosen cake and fillings. Our biggest regret is that we didn't get to eat as much cake as we wanted to because we were busy running around having a great time.

Sent on 11/22/2015

Thank you! Congrats!

Katrina · Married on 10/03/2015

Lauri Ditunno, is a cake goddess, it's that simple. My Wedding cake was beyond incredible! Not only was it the most delicious, moist and perfectly sweet cake that I've ever tasted, but it was truly a piece of exquisite artwork. The color, the concept, texture, every detail was perfection and exactly what I had asked for, yet so much more! In truth, I didn't think such a vision was actually possible. Did I mention the sugar flowers? I still can't figure out how she makes them because they look so real, fresh and alive! I had to eat one, just to be sure that they were actually sugar! I am in awe of Lauri's artistic abilities and am forever thankful to her for the most beautiful & tasty Wedding Cake imaginable. Any bride would be lucky to have a cake made by Lauri at Cake Alchemy!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Jennifer · Married on 07/04/2015

We used Cake Alchemy for our wedding cake and not only did it turn out exactly how we wanted it, it was delicious as well!! Lauri was a pleasure to work with, I would highly recommend using Cake Alchemy for your wedding!

Sent on 08/07/2015

Thank you jennifer!

sheryl · Married on 05/24/2015

When I saw our cake on our wedding day, I was absolutely floored; it far exceeded every expectation I had. Lauri is an artist and an absolute pleasure to work with. When we met with her for a tasting, we described our vision for the cake. We explained that Ganesha (the elephant god) was important to us and was hidden in our wedding invitations. We planned to incorporate Indian culture and themes throughout our wedding, explaining that we had brought in pillows and table runners from India to warm the space.

After talking with her, she recommended incorporating our pillows into the cake by making each layer of the cake a pillow with Ganesha perched on top. We worked together to create stencils that could be used on the pillows that worked within our themes. We were excited about our cake, but could not believe the finished product. It was absolutely extraordinary, and was exceptionally tasty as well. It was work of art! It did not look like an ordinary wedding cake. In fact, it didn’t look like a cake at all. It looked so much like a stack of pillows that our wedding planner had to post a guard by the cake to stop guests from touching it.

All of our guests were overwhelmed by how beautiful our cake was. Guests and vendors are still talking about it weeks after the wedding. You won’t be disappointed if you go with Cake Alchemy!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Thank you sheryl!

allison · Married on 08/02/2014

Cake Alchemy made our wedding cake cake for our recent August wedding in NYC. The cake was absolutely beautiful AND delicious! Lauri was a pleasure to work with and the tasting was so fun as we got to develop the style and creative of our cake. Our cake turned out perfectly and was exactly as Lauri described! I highly recommend Cake Alchemy for any special event wedding cake!!!

Sent on 08/23/2014

Courtney · Married on 11/15/2013

Lauri is absolutely amazing! She is a delight to work with and, I am convinced, she can create any vision you have. My husband and I met Lauri while looking for a wedding cake. She was the first and only person we met with, but we knew right away we could trust her to create the cake we envisioned and she did! With very little to go on, from our end, she still managed to produce a cake that fit our theme, looked beautiful and tasted delicious. I highly recommend Lauri and her team at Cake Alchemy!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Thank you!

Lauri was a pleasure to work with for our fall wedding in NYC. The tasting at the Cake Alchemy was fun, and we got to see Lauri in her creative element. There is a wide range of wedding cakes to choose from. We wanted our cake to be more simple/modern and elegant. We choose a white lattice cake that was absolutely stunning to look at and taste. We highly recommend Cake Alchemy!!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Marie · Married on 10/12/2013

Absolutely amazing. Lauri went above and beyond our expectations would definitely say u need to get ur cake from her it was a show stopper!

Sent on 10/27/2013

Thank you marie!
  • User3620178 · 2+ years ago

Thanks to Lauri for making our cake so beautiful and delicious! It really fit our fall theme and décor. The strawberry filling was to die for. Everyone raved about the cake and some regretted not taking some home with them. I would definitely get my cakes there for any special occasion.

Thanks again,
    Stef and Mike

Sent on 10/21/2013

Thank you mike!

Thomas · Married on 08/10/2013

We absolutely LOVED our cake from Cake Alchemy!!! Lauri is a true artist and she made our vision a reality (actually even better than our vision) on our big day! On top of it all, the cake itself was SO delicious that we people were eating a slice of each of the four different flavored layers of the cake! Nobody could pick their favorite. Don't hesitate to work with this truly wonderful woman and her entire team!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Thnak you thomas!
  • F

Fatima · Married on 05/30/2013

Lauri was amazing! She listened to our needs and also gave suggestions. Our cake came out beautiful and the price was affordable as well.

Sent on 06/08/2013

Thank you fatima!

Pooja · Married on 07/29/2012

Lauri and her team made a beautiful gold fondant paisley embossed cake with a purple sugar flower for my wedding. Not only did it look visually stunning but tasted so amazing that it had my wedding guests going back for seconds. Guests loved the red velvet cake with caramel butter cream and cream cheese frosting! Our other choice was one of Lauri's signature flavors.. chocolate chip cake with alternating layers of passion fruit butter cream and white chocolate butter cream which also was a huge hit!
    We feel very fortunate to have worked with Lauri who is extremely talented and a true artist and cannot recommend her highly enough for wedding and special occasion cakes!

Sent on 09/13/2012

Thank you pooja!

Trixia · Married on 07/06/2012

Laurie and her team did a WONDERFUL job of creating the groom's cake for our wedding. This was a surprise for my husband and I wanted to make sure it blew him away. It was a character cake of Snarf from the Thunder cats!! Laurie had never made one of them before, but when I saw that cat on the table, I thought it was the real thing-- she made him come alive. Here attention to detail on the cake was unbelievable-- this was all off a photograph. The cake was red velvet with cream cheese filling--YUM!!!

What a talented and lovely woman to work with-- I higly recommend her!

Sent on 09/03/2012

Cake Alchemy's reply:

Working with Lori was great. My wedding was in June 2012 and it being a very busy wedding month, Lori was always very quick in getting back to you and listens to any concerns you may have. She truly outdid herself with the cake. The cake looked so beautiful that my husband and I did not want to even cut into it. And the cake itself was just absolutely delicious. All my guests were going on and on of how moist and well, just yummy it was. The cake really was really soooo good. I have my piece saved for our 1 year anniversary but i really would love to eat it now lol. Cake alchemy definitely is worth it.

Sent on 07/19/2012

Shayne · Married on 02/19/2012

Lauri completely captured our vision for our wedding cake - we had tons of compliments on it all night and it tasted amazing and moist. Couldn't have been happier with the total experience working with her.

Sent on 02/21/2012

Karen · Married on 05/16/2009

We were looking for a vegan wedding cake, and after a bit of searching, we found Lauri at Cake Alchemy. I brought my mother for the tasting, and she thought it was the best cake she'd ever had - vegan or not. Lauri was very flexible with our several design and flavor changes, and was even willing to deliver approx. 3 hours away to our reception site. Many of our guests commented on how good the cake was. I highly recommend Cake Alchemy.

Sent on 06/02/2009

Lauri from Cake Alchemy designed a beautiful chandelier wedding cake with delicate blown sugar crystals that looked and tasted amazing. I had a somewhat difficult time explaining exactly what design I wanted, but Lauri took my description and made an artistic masterpiece. I was worried that having fondant for the icing would compromise the taste of the cake, but Cake Alchemy uses a special fondant that is not overly sweet and perfectly complements any cake flavor. She even let me try some fondant during our initial consultation. My guests at my wedding told me over and over how wonderful the cake tasted! I can't thank her enough for the perfect cake.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Alex · Married on 06/01/2013

Lauri is a cake genius and customized our cake exactly how we imagined. She is worth every penny and will make you look great on the day of. Not only was it absolutely gorgeous, but it tasted amazing. The pickiest guy I know (who goes to large weddings at all the grand hotels in Manhattan) said that was the best wedding cake he ever had.

Sent on 07/15/2013

Thnak you alex!
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 04/28/2018

Created my dream cakes and exceeded my expectations.

Cake Alchemy is amazing!! I asked for a lot - a 4 tier gray Art Deco adorned wedding cake in a new custom flavor, plus 2 custom groom’s cakes to match bobble heads to surprise my husband with, in a different new custom flavor. Not only did they appear exactly as I dreamed, they tasted so good, even better than at the tasting, that I literally have dreams about them a year later. Laurie will work with you make your dream cake a reality. Just amazing.

Cake Alchemy 6
    Cake Alchemy 7
    Cake Alchemy 8
    Sent on 03/16/2019

Loved Loved our Cake! We got so many compliments on the taste as well. We chose the buttercream with passion fruit and blood orange and the red velvet. We also loved the design of our cake. Beautiful. The only issue - and this is NYC in general - are cakes are very expensive! $10 a slice is a lot of money - but very pleased with the cake overall :)

Sent on 09/07/2013

• I

ingrid · Married on 09/30/2011

We spent more than we wanted on a cake, but let me tell you, it was beautiful. When I look at the pictures, it makes me so happy.

Lauri designed a cake to match our invitations. It really made the evening come together. I loved our cake...and it was delicious.

Cake Alchemy did not miss a beat on this one.

Sent on 02/18/2012