Cactus and Tropicals Reviews

145 | Salt Lake City, UT

145 Reviews for Cactus and Tropicals

Jake Flores · Getting married on 07/12/2022

Bridal Show 2020

As part of a catering company, our experience with Cactus & Tropicals has been incredible! Jason and his staff are always great to work with. The venue is amazing for any type of event that you may have!

Sent on 01/28/2020

Kris B · Getting married on 04/12/2021

Creative Beauty

Working with Amy was a delight. She listened, offered lots of creative ideas and delivered the perfect flowers for a perfect day.

Sent on 12/29/2019

Eo Utah · Married on 07/02/2020

Great Service!

`I had the pleasure of working with Doug Dardon for our company Valentine event, and he made the planning very easy. He not only worked directly with the caterer but also with our AV team. Doug made our centerpieces beautiful and was very responsive to all my emails and calls. I look forward to working with Dough and Cactus & Tropicals again.

Sent on 02/11/2020
  • Maggie

Maggie Franz · Married on 06/20/2020

The best venue in the area

I cannot believe C&T doesn't charge double what they do. I was so overwhelmed about wedding planning until we booked the SLC location. Jason walked me through every single detail. They provided a day-of planner, and they emceed the entire evening. Not to mention they provide the table, chairs, and centerpieces, all included in the price. My sign-in table was pretty wimpy and Jason immediately told me to grab whatever I wanted from a table of flowers to jazz it up. It ended up looking like a beautifully designed table of flowers that would have cost at least $1,000 from a professional to do. Multiple people have complimented the magic of the night because of the venue. They work so hard to make it beautiful and all you have to do is show up. I would tell any friend to use this venue.

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Tracy

Tracy Allen · Married on 04/18/2020

Great customer

We ended up booking another venue, but had such a great experience with Jason at Cactus and Tropicals- Salt Lake City that I wanted to send a recommendation to anyone looking.
    You can tell that he's coordinated 100+ weddings. He knew exactly what the options were to create a charming and unique reception and/or ceremony and talked through them with us during the consultation.
    I really think that Cactus and Tropicals is the best value venue in Utah. They take care of so many aspects of the reception to make it go smoothly and you'll spend less on florals too! Definitely worth checking out.

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Makele

Makele Whtie · Married on 10/19/2019

Simple and Beautiful

Everything at Cactus and Tropicals is already so gorgeous which made the planning easy. Their coordinator Jason was always quick to respond and they had someone day of who helped with music, announcements, and set up! We had Meagan from the floral department make a bouquet and a flower crown and thy were just so beautiful. I would definitely recommend having a reception here!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Summer

Summer Young · Married on 09/27/2019

What an amazing Venue!!! 5 stars

What an incredible place to have your special day!!! We loved everything about this venue!! The staff was amazing!!! The flowers and plants are amazing and our company couldn’t have been better!! Please use this venue for any event it is incredibly amazing!!!! Love The Roundy’s

Sent on 09/28/2019
  • Robin

Robin Larson · Married on 09/26/2019

Fantastic to work with

Such a good value. So many things are included, all I had to provide were the table cloths! TV, speakers, arbor, lights, fire pit, table decorations, easels, tables and serving areas. It was amazing, the staff was not phased by any last minute questions and were very helpful. All went smoothly, and Doug at the Draper location was available all night and coordinated everything.

Sent on 09/26/2019

Elizabeth Vandenberghe · Married on 08/23/2019

Jason is the best wedding manager on the planet!

I've helped plan four wedding receptions for my sons and daughters and have never worked with anyone more competent and helpful than Jason Denis at Salt Lake Cactus and Tropicals. He thinks of absolutely everything from the type of plug you'll need to pipe your playlist from your phone to the kind of wire needed to hang your backdrop. Felt like someone had your back every step of the way and couldn't have been more pleasant and fun to deal with. Highly recommend the venue for all it has to offer PLUS Jason, who is wonderful.

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 07/13/2019

Best. Day. Ever!

Doug did such an amazing job coordinating our wedding! He made sure to write down every detail and really took the time to figure out exactly what I wanted. It turned out so so perfect and would 100% recommend. It was such a beautiful venue!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Bass Wright · Married on 07/13/2019

Unique and FUN

My husband and I stumbled across this venue by accident, but we are SO glad we did. After getting a tour of Cactus and Tropicals by their wedding coordinator (who comes with the price of booking a wedding there), we both decided this place would be too good to be true. And, after hearing how affordable it was, we couldn’t wait to book it! If you are the type of person who loves flowers and the natural vibe of a wedding, you should go check this out. I have no complaints, and I still go there all the time to buy plants and for the memories. LOVED it!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Amy Yates · Married on 06/29/2019

Experienced and helpful staff

Our wedding could not have been more perfect! Jason and Erik helped us so much with our wedding planning to make sure everything ran smoothly. The wedding day came and we felt so ready and prepared because of all the help they gave us. All of our guests raved about the location and how wonderful all of the plants and flowers were. We ended up using a lot of their preferred vendors and were so happy we did!
    We also used Cactus and Tropicals for all of our flowers and they turned out beautiful and exactly what we had imagined. I talked with Aubree several times about our flowers and she was able to put together an inspiration board of what I asked for and she was extremely helpful.
    We highly recommend the venue for any couple looking to get married. We recommend Cactus and Tropicals Salt Lake location not only for how beautiful and intimate the location is, but also because of the helpfulness of Jason and Erik along with all of the other staff that went above and beyond to make our wedding special.
    We cannot say enough about how great our experience has been with this venue.

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Michelle

Kristen · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful, high quality venue at a budget friendly price

We would give Cactus & Tropicals 10 stars if we could. Of all of the venues, they were the only ones that allowed us the flexibility of choosing our own vendors for the event and for a much lower rental fee than any other venue. The space is lush, green, peaceful and immaculate.
    Jason makes planning a breeze. With his extensive experience, he is able to foresee any potential complication and figure them out before they happen. The store offers a lot of centerpiece options with tables and seating for 100 people and it's all included in the rental fee. We chose to rent many of their hurricanes, candles, and votives at a lower price than we found elsewhere. They have a large variety of styles to meet every taste.
    The day of our reception Jason helped us set up and arranged a 4-person team who made sure we had a perfect event. Everything went seamlessly! We even forgot a couple of things and they jumped in and saved the day. We were able to focus on celebrating and never had to worry about staying on schedule. Eric, the team lead, did a great job of coordinating the guests, announcing each moment- such as cake cutting, first dance, etc. and flawlessly switched between our many playlists at just the right time. One of our guests went home and told her 16-year-old son that when he gets married someday, they will be having the wedding at Cactus and Tropicals. Thank you, Jason, for a perfect day!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Stephanie Hurst · Married on 06/01/2019

Dream Venue

We looked at Cactus and Tropicals SLC location, and no other venues. I was sold from walking in the door. Jason, the event director, was incredibly helpful. His suggested list of vendors was great, and we were able to make decisions quickly based on his advice. The venue and staff made the wedding incredibly easy. They covered the music, the announcing, chair and table arrangements, linens throughout the night. The rental prices for candles were very reasonable and they had everything on hand that made it easy. throughout the wedding planning stress, every time I went to C&T I felt at ease, like "ok, this place is so beautiful, no matter what else happens it will be a success." I highly recommend using the in-house florist as well. It is so convenient not to send anyone to pick up flowers. Denise was my lead florist. I told her I trusted her vision and opinion. She delivered the most incredible flowers ever. Could not recommend C&T SLC enough.

Sent on 07/13/2019

Sophie Stanley · Married on 02/03/2019

A Magical Night at C&T

Look no further! Cactus and Tropicals has the MOST AMAZING team and is the MOST AMAZING venue!
    Working with Jason (the head planner) was a dream - he's professional, knows what he's doing, has good creative/artistic input, and is easy to work with. He really knows his stuff! He made planning our wedding SO much easier - you can truly depend on him! He's open to all ideas, so don't be afraid to ask!
    Denise, who does in-house floral arrangements, is amazingly creative - the hanging flower arrangement she did on the honeycomb in the venue, and my floral bouquet - people couldn't get over how stunning they were! She puts her whole heart into what she does and wants to get your dream wedding exactly right!
    We worked with Erik (the events coordinator) the night of our big shebang, and he was SO helpful, calm, and knew exactly when things should happen and where people should be. On a day that can become a little chaotic and overwhelming, he made everything so smooth and nonchalant.
    We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful or a more perfect wedding day! Thanks SO much to Jason, Denise, and Erik for making our night magical!

Sent on 05/04/2019
  • Caili

Caili Chung · Married on 01/01/2019

I've photographed so many weddings and this is such an amazing wedding venue. It's very convenient to get to. And the gorgeous venue makes additional decorating unnecessary. The whole place smells amazing too

Sent on 01/12/2019

Janet · Married on 09/22/2018

Doug is awesome!

We were married at Cactus and Tropical in Draper, Utah and it was not only beautiful but the staff was awesome as well! Thank you!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Kailey · Married on 06/30/2018

Cactus and Tropicals was such a beautiful place to get married!! As a bride I looked at many many venues before choosing and this was the PERFECT location! its so green and beautiful I got so many compliments from my guests. Jason was so so so amazing to work with! He is incredibly responsive and made the day of so easy for me! He even ran around looking for a phone charger for me because I forgot to bring mine! The venue transforms in the night and the lights make the perfect ambiance for a gorgeous evening. I wish I could get married here all over again!!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Angie and Scott · Married on 06/29/2018

We LOVED having our wedding and reception at Cactus and Tropicals! The venue is so beautiful, and Jason and his team are amazing to work with! They take the time to make sure everything is right and goes smoothly. It was perfect!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Madyson · Married on 06/23/2018

I cannot explain to you how amazing this venue is for weddings. It's very reasonably priced and Jason (the event coordinator) is a freaking rockstar!! He helped me with EVERYTHING; was completely there for me every step of the way. My wedding was BEAUTIFUL and he was so on top of everything so I didn't have much to stress about the day-of. It was more than I ever could have imagined. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Devin · Married on 06/08/2018

I don’t even know where to begin! Jason (C&T’s event coordinator) is incredible! He has weddings and events down to a science. He thought of little details for our wedding that wouldn’t have even crossed my mind (and I thought that I had done a pretty good job of planning my wedding) he was so detail oriented, thoughtful, polite and made everything so easy. He even MC’d the night so that everything happened according to schedule and made sure people were in the right places. Knowing he was in charge put me at ease and helped me to enjoy my wedding even more. He really was amazing.

Sent on 06/15/2018

Kelli · Married on 05/19/2018

I cannot even begin to describe how thrilled I was with Kendyl at Cactus and Tropicals SLC. She was very responsive and provided excellent input to expand upon my visions. She went over and above with the quality of work provided on the day of. Never have I ever seen such beautiful flowers...I can easily say that this was one of my favorite details at our wedding!
    If you're stressing over finding a good florist like I was, look no further!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Alexis · Married on 03/15/2018

My flowers turned out sooo good! It was more than I expected! They were perfect!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Mikala · Married on 03/09/2018

I would defs use C&T again. Homies for sure.

Sent on 04/02/2018

Nicole · Married on 01/13/2018

Do yourself a favor and host your special event at Cactus and Tropicals in Draper! Doug and his crew were fabulous from beginning to end and really went the extra mile to make our reception just what we wanted. They've thought of everything and were there all evening to pinch hit if anything went awry. We loved the open fire on the balcony and all of the special details the venue has to offer - including an incredible view!

Sent on 01/15/2018