C. Marie's Sweets Reviews

C. Marie's Sweets 5
C. Marie's Sweets 6
C. Marie's Sweets 7

Melissa · Married on 04/25/2015

My cake was perfect thanks to C.Marie's!!! I had a vision and they completely nailed it! I loved all the little details they provided because those make all the difference. Everyone said it tasted just as good as it looked too! I'm very happy I went with them for my wedding cake needs.

Sent on 05/14/2015

C. Marie's Sweets's reply:

Thanks Melissa! It was our pleasure!

Roxanne · Married on 04/11/2015

C Maries was an amazing bakery!! The ladies there were helpful and the cake was delicious and so beautiful! they made it just how we ordered it!

Sent on 04/17/2015

Brian & Amanda · Married on 12/13/2014

Christine at C Marie Sweets was so fun and the best to work with! We chose to do cupcakes at our wedding and they were delicious!! We communicated a lot through email and we were able to get exactly what we wanted. We did a small cake for cutting and she was able to incorporate our theme exactly and it was beautiful. I would reccommend C Marie Sweets to everybody! We cannot wait to order our Anniversary cake and future celebration cakes!!

Sent on 12/31/2014
  • Laura Sockwell

Laura · Married on 10/18/2014

They were so sweet to meet with. I sent them a photo of an emblem that we would like on top of the grooms cake and it was better than we could have imagined. And our bridal cake was just gorgeous, not to mention they were both delicious!

Sent on 11/02/2014

The cakes (wedding and groom's cake) were not only beautiful, but they were delicious.

Sent on 06/06/2015

Kate · Married on 05/09/2014

Christine is awesome! My friends are cake snobs and they all loved her cakes!!! I did not want the traditional big cake. I wanted something simple, but beautiful, and she made a AMAZING cupcake tower! I had 7 different flavors of cupcakes and then my grooms cake and they were all amazing!!! EVERYONE loved her Mexican Chocolate Cake! She was very responsive and reasonable in price. My husband wanted a custom logo of his favorite baseball team and college on his grooms cake and C. MARIE delivered!! We would definitely recommend anyone use this bakery for any of their needs!

Sent on 05/23/2014

Angela · Married on 05/03/2014

BEAUTIFUL DELICIOUS CAKES. Extremely responsive to my questions and concerns

Sent on 05/11/2014
  • Lacy

Lacy · Married on 03/09/2014

Our wedding cake was perfect and affordable!! And it was absolutely the best cake we've ever tasted. We got tons of compliments from our guests and would recommend C. Marie's to everyone!

Sent on 03/11/2014

C. Marie's Sweets's reply:

Thank you for your kind review. It makes us so happy that the cake was a perfect addition to your special day.

Tiffany · Married on 05/25/2013

We were referred to C. Marie's Sweets by our wedding coordinator from The Corner Wedding Chapel. The bride and grooms cakes were delicious! Everyone enjoyed the cakes. Some even went bake for seconds and thirds. We chose the Lemon Raspberry Champagne for the bridal cake and the Texas Turtle for the grooms cake. They were awesome!!!

Sent on 07/18/2013
  • User2056763 · 2+ years ago

My wedding and grooms cakes were just what we wanted and were delicious too!! They made the process easy at tasting and were able to create awesome cakes from our ideas! Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/21/2012

Mia · Married on 06/09/2012

Everyone is still asking where did we get our half Texas Turtle half Amaretto Almond wedding cake from. Christine did a superb job on our half Groom half Brides cake. She totally got the concept of what we wanted and nailed it. As a matter of fact she knocked it out the park!!! Deliscious

Sent on 07/02/2012

Delana · Married on 06/03/2012

Christine is SO talented!! She absolutely loves what she does too! She made my vision come to life and it was far more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Both the wedding cake and the groom's cake were absolutely amazing! They were exactly what we wanted and the best part?? They were DELICIOUS!! I'm not talking delicious for a wedding cake... I'm talking the best cake you have EVER tasted! She does free taste testings if you wanna find out for yourself. :)

Sent on 06/14/2012

A · Married on 04/27/2012

I will recommend C. Marie Sweets to everyone! Christine is such a nice person with amazing tallent! To me picking out the wedding cake was the most stressful part, I couldn't make up my mind, I didn't want over the top with over the top price, but I didn't want just plain. I was a very difficult person, I will be the first to admit it, but Christine helped me all the way through it. I sent her many different emails with cake ideas, she would respond back quickly and answer any questions that I had. The Groom's cake was amazing and beautiful, that was also difficult to pick out! She is the only vendor that did not make me nervous before the wedding. I appreciate all of her hard work, great response time and amazing tallent! The cakes were beautiful and delicious! We received so many compliments!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Sent on 05/15/2012

Rebecca · Married on 11/20/2011

Christine worked with me to get exactly what I wanted! The cakes were fantastic and beautiful!

Sent on 12/06/2011
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 10/29/2011

Christine, the owner of C. Marie's Sweets, is so great! Her cakes are so delicious, too, and I don't normally like cake. She made sure to keep in touch with me throughout the months leading up to our wedding, helping me find ideas for my cake design. The cakes turned out beautiful and I was so thrilled!

Sent on 11/15/2011

A · Married on 11/30/2009

The best wedding cake we could have dreamed for! We went to the shop, explained what we would want ... flavors, design, size and voilà it was made exactly the way we wanted. It was delivered on time and looked amazing. It also was gobbled up quickly by our guests because of the impeccable taste!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Melissa · Married on 05/31/2014

C. Maries sweets was great to work with. I wanted a cupcake tower for my brides cake with a 6" round at the top for pictures.

When it came time to find a bakery, I drove around and got samples from a total of 7 different bakeries in the area. C. Maries were hands down the best tasting. They were moist and flavorful but not crumbly. My guests loved them! They also have a great selection of different flavors.

Sent on 06/16/2014

Sierra · Married on 07/30/2016

We LOVED our cakes! We ordered both our wedding and grooms cake from them. Both of them were delicious and beautiful! We received a lot of good feedback from all of our guests. We're excited to break open the top tier in a year!

Sent on 08/08/2016
  • alyshadanielle

Alysha · Married on 04/11/2015

3.5

The C Marie's Sweets team was one of my absolute favorite vendors to work with! They seriously have the best tasting cakes & frosting in the state of Texas. Not even kidding! Our bridal cake & grooms cake came out better than I could have imagined. I have used them multiple times for birthday parties, etc since booking them for our wedding cakes. The cupcakes are always to die for! They have limited hours of operation, but it is SO worth it to use them. I recommend C Marie's to anyone & everyone I know who needs an amazing baker for their event!

Sent on 04/17/2015

Liz · Married on 03/23/2013

C. Marie Sweets provided our Bride and Groom's cakes and frosted sugar cookie party favors for our guests. The hardest part was picking from all of the unique flavors the bakery has to offer-- we went with the Amaretto for the bride's cake and Mocha Espresso Cake for the groom's, but had a lot of fun sampling the others.

The baker, Christine, was fabulous to work with and everything we were amazing with how everything turned out. She provided really good feedback and ideas when I was having trouble nailing down my vision for the cake. I felt like even when I wasn't quite sure what I wanted, someone she knew! My groom requested his cake look like a Iowa Hawkeye and she pulled it off flawlessly.

She was very flexible meeting with me and communicating over email when needed, which was a tremendous help as I was planning the wedding from out of town.

Thank you for the great sweets and experience, C. Marie Sweets!! We can't wait for our one year anniversary to get to have more of our wedding cake!

Sent on 05/16/2013

Megan · Married on 02/23/2013

We were recommended to this vendor through our wedding venue. Our cakes were exactly what we asked for and they were beautiful. People were raving about the Groom's cake which was black forest. Our cake was delievered and set up and we didn't have to worry about anything!

Sent on 03/19/2013
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Anglin · Married on 08/10/2019

C. Marie Sweets made the bride and groom's cakes at our August 2019 wedding.

C. Marie Sweets made the bride and groom's cakes at our August 2019 wedding. The cakes were delicious! We choose a lemon raspberry flavored cake for the bride's cake, and a chocolate raspberry ganache cake as the grooms cake. C. Marie Sweets delivered the cakes on time to the venue and the process was very seamless. They added flowers to the bride's cake on site because the wedding florist provided the flowers. The cake turned out great! Overall my experience was very good. My only wish is that there had been more groom's cake design options available and/or that we could have seen a drawing/example beforehand. I wasn't really sure what to expect on the wedding day for the groom's cake.

Sent on 09/05/2019
    C. Marie's Sweets 8
  • Kaegurl

Kristine · Married on 06/28/2014

Our cake was beautiful. It looked just like a Pinterest cake and far exceed our expectations. The sugar flowers were enormous, beautiful, and so delicate. The colors went perfectly with the other flowers in the room. We’ve also never tasted such delicious fondant. Christine had pre-packaged slices of the cake to give away as favors (we supplied the boxes). Our main cake was for show (except for the top layer), but no one was the wiser! Thank you.

Sent on 06/30/2014

3.0

My husband and I are not big cake people so we left booking the cake until about 2 months before the wedding. C Marie's was able to help us with a cake with the limited amount of time. The cakes were beautiful and tasty, but we were disappointed with C Marie's professionalism upon visiting the bakery for a tasting. When I contacted the shop via email I was told that we could stop by any time to taste and discuss the cakes, and that appointments were only necessary for a custom cake consultation. When we got to the bakery, we could hear the staff talk about us in the back room because they had other people coming for appointments. When they brought out the cakes for us to try we felt very rushed and unwelcome. Other groups started coming in and since there is very limited seating inside the bakery, we felt uncomfortable and rushed into a decision on the flavors and booking. We invited a friend to come along to help us taste test but he wasn't able to join us because of the awkward situation. In addition to all of this, we wished that C Marie's would have been more flexible in allowing us to get a slightly bigger wedding cake in lieu of the groom's cake with the packages that they offer. Though in the end the cakes turned out well, I wish that what was supposed to be one of the most fun parts of wedding planning hadn't turned into a flop.

Sent on 04/08/2016

C. Marie's Sweets's reply:

Sally, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. You're right. Our seating area is small and Saturdays get busy; with a limited amount of appointment times they fill up fast at different times of the year. After meeting and having samples at the Cross Creek open house we thought you had a pressing need to come in as soon as possible, and that it was clear that the discounted Bride and Groom Packages didn't come with a "sit down" consultation. That being said we didn't want you to miss out on the additional free delivery discount that was being promoted and was ending that day. We wanted to give you the opportunity to try the cake while you were at the shop as to save you an additional 50 dollars. The packages are discounted as to save the customer approximately 1.50 per person as such we limit the flavors, designs, and options. Certainly bigger cakes are available in the next size up and we would have been more than happy to include the groom's cake into your wedding cake (as we do that often and usually an additional fee charged). We are glad that you otherwise were happy with your cake and hope to see you again for your next special event.

Abigail Peavey · Married on 05/26/2019

2.0

Great cake!

The cake was beautiful and delicious! During the planning process they had some issues with a former employee which caused some miscommunication between us, but I understand that some things are beyond their control. Once this issue was resolved they were very responsive and delivered a beautiful and delicious cake! Very happy with the end result!

Sent on 06/07/2019