C&J Catering Reviews

C&J Catering 5
  • Kasie

Kasie Shover · Married on 10/26/2018

Absolutely incredible team

C&J was everything and more than I could have hoped for for our big day! From the very beginning, the staff made us feel like family and were very professional, yet friendly, fun and organized - all of which were very important to us! The C&J staff works really well together from catering to coordinating - it really took the stress off of my husband and I during our bid day.
    First - the catering/food was amazing. We were receiving compliments all night about how good the food was. We did family style so everything needed to come out hot - and they pulled it off effortlessly. They set up our dessert bar without any input from us (per my request) - and the table looked like a dream!
    Now for my favorite, the wedding coordinator, Contessa...where do I even begin? I have been working with Contessa for over a year, mainly via email because we don't live in PA. Even when my wedding was still so far out, she was very responsive to my emails and was willing to jump on calls or Facetime to help me work through my planning. She is doing at least 2 weddings per weekend, yet still made a priority to make sure I knew that she was there for me. When it came time for my big day, she blew me away! I am a very type-A when it comes to being organized and thought that I was going to be very stressed the morning of, but I was not stressed at all, and that is all thanks to Contessa. She did everything I needed her to do to a T and is the reason that our day went so smoothly. All morning while myself and my bridesmaids were getting ready she was continually coming to check on me to make sure I was okay or if I needed anything and truly cared about making sure my day was special. There are not enough words to describe how wonderful she is. Without a doubt, I would recommend her, and the entire C&J staff to anyone getting married! I love C&J!

Caitlin · Married on 08/04/2018

C&J Catering provides a flawless wedding experience. They are responsive, professional, and organized. Danielle was my wedding coordinator and she was absolutely fantastic. She answered any and all questions I had, provided a planning timeline, and was detail-oriented. She even decorated the ceremony and reception so that I could relax and enjoy peace on the wedding day. The food was fantastic and reasonably priced. C&J Catering is honestly excellent in every way.

Sarah · Married on 11/04/2017

C&J Catering were a great addition to our special day! They were flexible and extremely professional!

Their food is delicious and at a price that for our budget. We were thrilled with the dinner options and the staff was incredible.

Eli was our coordinator and he was amazing! I never worried about anything. He made the day run smoothly.

Wonderful choice!

Allyson · Married on 10/08/2017

C&J’s team is fantastic. They provided our food, cake, flowers, and day-of coordinator. We had fun working with them and they answered every question we had, even anticipated some issues we didn’t know to think about and planned for potential snags. Our wedding day turned out absolutely perfect thanks to them and we could relax knowing we were in such good hands! C&J is worth every dime for their talented staff, gorgeous flowers, delicious food, and capable coordinators. Highly recommend!

Amanda · Married on 09/09/2017

The food was amazing! We were very pleased. They worked with us to meet all of our needs and requests!

Sara · Married on 08/25/2017

We used C&J Catering for our wedding at Ironstone Ranch. These people were amazing - from start to end. We first met with Contessa during our tour at Ironstone Ranch. She was super thorough and gave many ideas. We were assigned Courtney as our wedding coordinator and we had a blast with her every time we met with her! Sadly (but good for her!) she got promoted so we had to switch to Danielle. Danielle was such a sweetheart and so very helpful! She came into our planning process towards the end and it was like she had been there all along. I was so impressed with how she picked up where Courtney left off. She worked with me to make sure every detail was planned accordingly.

There are so many food options. We didn't even know what to choose! We finally narrowed it down for our tasting and we were not disappointed at all. The food was fabulous! We received compliments during our wedding about how good their dinners were.

Thank you guys for your hard work!

Emily · Married on 08/12/2017

C&J was absolutely fantastic to work with, and our food at our wedding was out of this world! Everything looked beautiful and tasted delicious, and our guests are still talking about how fantastic the food was at our wedding. The staff were excellent to work with and were very professional and eager to help during the planning process too. I am so glad C&J was our caterer for our wedding. We could not have had a better meal for big day!

Paula · Married on 07/29/2017

C & J did such a tremendous job at my daughter Diana's wedding which was held at Historic Acres of Hershey. They made the whole reception come together to complete the vision my daughter had. Guests found their tables by looking at window panes provided by C&J. The linens and china provided made the tables look so beautiful! The Bourbon and Bubbly Bar that was set up by them looked picture perfect. The appetizers were certainly a big hit and very tasty. The bartenders were very efficient and kept the drinks rolling. The food was served family style and was absolutely delicious. It was served hot, and there really were plenty of delectable choices for the guests. C&J also set up a very appealing s'mores bar for our guests. Our first coordinator became pregnant, and we were given 2 coordinators to take her place. Kristy and Danielle met with us on numerous occasions and were always available to answer questions. Kristy was simply amazing the evening of the reception. She was on top of all aspects of their responsibilities. She is truly a master at managing her staff and taking care of the guests. I would highly recommend using C&J to make a wedding dream come true.

C&J Catering 6
    C&J Catering 7
    C&J Catering 8
    C&J Catering 9
    C&J Catering 10

JohnPaul · Married on 06/16/2017

C&J Catering was extremely professional and helpful for our wedding planning stage and the day of our wedding. We highly recommend C&J Catering for future weddings and other events. The staff were very friendly and helpful when it came to things we just didn’t know. They have a lot of experience on their staff. The food was delicious, and the coordination was incredible. We entire process from start to finish was stress-free and easy. Very happy with our decision to go with C&J Catering! Special thanks to Natalie! Super knowledgeable and friendly!

Dorinda · Married on 06/10/2017

We could not have done our Daughter's wedding this month without C&J Catering. Danielle was our food coordinator and did an amazing job down to every detail. We also had Evon as our day of coordinator. The whole wedding week went so smoothly with their professional and amazing guidance and assistance. We truly could not have had the magical day with out them. We truly recommend them!!

Sent on 06/26/2017

C&J Catering's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Nikole · Married on 11/19/2016

C & J catering is an amazing company with great customer service and event coordinators. They really listened to our vision and helped make our wedding day and most importantly the reception magical. Contessa is by far one of the best catering coordinators in the area! Melissa Flood sold us on C & J by her kind and welcoming demeanor. Highly recommended!

April · Married on 09/24/2016

Contessa was great to work with and the food was amazing!

• User7193040 · 2+ years ago

I have always heard wedding planning is soooo stressful but dealing with c&j has been the easiest thing I have ever done. I received many comments on how amazing the food was& couldn't be happier! The staff is extremely friendly and patient with any last minute changes. Evon & Alexis are amazing at what they do and I highly recommend them! Every penny was worth this company.

Katie · Married on 09/04/2016

C & J Catering is AHHH-MAZING!!

I could not have planned my wedding without my incredibly awesome and helpful coordinator, Evon!

If you're looking for a catering company, look no further. You've come across the best in town!

Kati Sheaffer

Carole · Married on 09/04/2016

My daughter was married on September 4, 2016 at Moonstone Manor in Elizabethtown with C&J as the caterers. From our first meeting with Melissa at a Bridal Showcase, we knew we wanted to make an appointment with C&J. We spoke with her again at one of the venues we visited and were still convinced that this was the caterer we wanted.
    The tasting was delicious! My daughter and her fiancé were thrilled with the choices and how wonderful everything tasted. Melissa allowed us to customize the menu and make changes several times! A week or so before the wedding, Melissa and Eileen met me at our venue and asked me a LOT of questions! I had thought I was pretty organized, but they pointed out all the little details I had forgotten and TOOK CARE OF EVERYTHING! I was so relieved after that meeting. I knew that those women were going to take care of us wonderfully.
    The day of the wedding Eileen realized that I had forgotten to order napkins for the reception! No problem, she said. She called C&J, and napkins were delivered. She also noted that one table lacked a flower arrangement, and she and Penny (the owner of Moonstone Manor) moved flowers from the ceremony site and artfully arranged them on the lonely table. No one could tell the difference. Eileen, who is as sweet as she is organized, and her staff were wonderful at the reception. The bartenders and waiters were efficient and professional, and the food was fabulous. My guests raved about everything.
    I have two other daughters, and I wouldn’t hesitate to use C&J catering again. The price and the quality were extraordinary. Thank you, Eileen and Melissa. You made the day a great success.

Katie · Married on 07/17/2016

The staff at C&J Catering were all phenomenal! We cannot thank Melissa, Carol, Pam and everyone else at C&J enough for everything they did for us on our wedding day. Everything was PERFECT, down to the last detail. We had an amazing time on our wedding day and the food, flowers, decorations, etc. were more then we could have ever dreamed of! Thank you again C&J!!

Spenser · Married on 06/10/2016

I highly recommend C&J Catering! They offered an excellent variety of desserts, and provided quality service on our wedding day. Many guests complimented the desserts, and we had a wonderful experience overall.

Heather · Married on 05/14/2016

AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING! This team is incredible! We used them for catering, floral, and cake/ cupcakes! They sat down with us several times to make sure everything was correct and exactly how I wanted it! The food was absolutely amazing and great size portions! The cupcakes were delicious and the cake decoration was exactly how I had envisioned it! They were sure to add all the little touches I mentioned to make each thing unique. They were even very flexible with napkins and allowed me and my wedding party fold the napkins to save money, instead of having them do it! On the day we had rain in the early afternoon up till the ceremony and they worked with us to make sure we could still have it out side even though it meant moving the time back a little! This group of people is incredible and I would hands down recommend them to anyone! The flowers were gorgeous and the exact colors I was hoping for! We provided a lot of DIY things with a few of their stuff added in as decoration and they worked great with us to make sure everything would work nicely together and look uniform! I can't say enough for how great they were!

Jim · Married on 04/16/2016

Evon was our contact at C&J. She is AMAZING. She was on top of everything she needed from us, and every silly change we threw at her. Every interaction we had with C&J was professional, personal, and smooth. Day of, Evon was ready with drinks the moment our ceremony was over, and all our guests had a great time.

Maggie · Married on 11/13/2015

My Husband and I got married back on November 13th at the Ironstone Ranch in Elizabethtown Pa. We used C and J catering for our caterer and loved everything they did for us. Contessa was my coordinator from the beginning and helped us with planning everything. She was amazing and so helpful. Very detail oriented and made sure we had everything we wanted!!! We also used Megan as our day of coordinator and we are so happy we did. She was more than amazing and we were so lucky to have her. She helped me make my vision come to life. She did more than I could have ever imagined and made our day even that much more special. I honestly don't know what we would have done if we did not have her to help us. Any bride and groom would be lucky to have both of them involved with their wedding!!!

Jenn · Married on 09/26/2015

9.26.15 was the BEST day of our lives. We had our wedding at Iron Stone Ranch and used C&J catering for our food and flowers/decor. As someone with a type A personality, I tend to have high expectations. C&J met and exceeded every one of our expectations. The staff members are all so professional and amazing to work with- Alexis & Evon answered every question (there were many) we had and helped us create an amazing day. Evon was our coordinator for most of our planning time and she always made us feel confident that everything would amazing. She is a gem and was such a pleasure to work with. Eileen was so great on our wedding day and made sure that the plans Evon made were executed smoothly. The food was some of the best wedding food ever had (said our guests!) and the service was top notch. Melissa, Pam & Jill from the floral & decor team were amazing. They turned our vision into an amazing reality. We got SO many compliments on our flowers!! If we had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. THANK YOU SO MUCH C&J CATERING!!!!!!!

- The Bollingers

Amy · Married on 09/18/2015

C and J catering was contracted with us through our venue, The Ironstone Ranch. Carol Brown was our catering coordinator and she was fantastic!!! The food at our wedding was buffet style and excellent! Our guests could not say enough positive things about how good the food was! C and J also provided us with our linens and offered table arrangements, flowers and coordinating services for the day of the wedding if needed. All of the food was delicious from the appetizers at cocktail hour to the fantastic entrees and sides at our reception. They also boxed up our leftover food and sent it home with us after the wedding so nothing was wasted. The leftovers were excellent as well! This is a very skilled and experienced catering company that did a fabulous job on our wedding day!

• Kahla

Kahla · Married on 09/12/2015

C&J Catering did an outstanding job at our 9/12/15 wedding at Ironstone Ranch. Natalie Maldonado was my wedding coordinator, and she was fantastic. She was very prompt in returning emails, helped me plan everything out, and listened to each of my requests. For one, I knew I wanted long, wooden farm tables for the reception, so Natalie helped find me a vendor who sold them and set up an appointment for us to go see them. We appreciated that C&J offered us a taste test (basically a whole meal so come hungry - haha) before our wedding to ensure that we were happy with our meal selections. Everything was delicious and very well prepared! We had a walk-through with C&J at the wedding venue ~1 month before the wedding. During the walk-through, I went over everything for the ceremony and reception with the C&J staff. The staff really helped me to piece everything together, which really helped to ease my stress! The morning of the wedding there was another event at the venue, therefore, the C&J staff kindly set up all of my ceremony and reception decorations for me. We were met by unanticipated rain the day of the wedding, but C&J took the initiative to find great ways to use the decor that was intended to be placed outside, inside. They provided the dinnerware, utensils, glassware, linens, food, and non-alcoholic beverages for my wedding. Despite the food being displayed on a buffet for guests, the C&J kindly staff served my husband and I at our head table and catered to us throughout the night. The food was exceptional and the guests were very pleased. No request was ever too much for the C&J staff, as they transformed the cake table into a s'mores table and later a snack table. They really did a wonderful job setting up and tearing down everything quickly! I HIGHLY recommend C&J Catering to anyone planning a wedding. Our wedding day would not have turned out as smoothly as it did without their services. We cannot THANK YOU enough!!

Alaina · Married on 08/22/2015

C&J Catering was a pleasure to work with for our wedding. They helped us plan a meal that was delicious and crowd pleasing without breaking the budget. We had so many compliments on the food -- especially their mac and cheese! They also were so accommodating to the needs of our guests with special dietary needs. We worked with Evon and her energy was contagious. She had every detail under control and made sure we didn't have to worry about anything the day of. Her staff of servers and bartenders were also so professional and made everything run smoothly. Your wedding is in good hands with C&J!