Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service Reviews

117 | Austin, TX

117 Reviews for Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service

117 Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service Reviews

BRIANNA · Married on 09/29/2018

We had DJ Ed from Byrne Rock and he was AWESOME! Played all the music we loved and had our guests on the dance floor enjoying themselves! So easy to work with, and very helpful in providing suggestions when we needed them for certain parts of the wedding. He was an amazing MC and I'm so glad we had the opportunity to work with him. Anyone looking for a great DJ should look no further than DJ Ed and Byrne Rock!

Hilary J Kuykendall · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing DJ Service

The Byrne Rock team was amazing. They provided all the information we needed and made it easy to pick out songs for our wedding and reception. They were so fantastic to work with we also used their sound services for the rehearsal dinner. Eddie was a fantastic DJ and kept guests on the dance floor all night. Can't thank Byrne Rock enough!

Kristen · Married on 09/07/2018

A few weeks before I got engaged I coordinated a wedding where Alfonso Davila was the DJ. The music felt as if it was one constant song and the dance floor stayed full. I told him that night I was interested in hiring him for my wedding! I’m so happy I did! Byrne coordinated everything, and Al did the DJ-ing! He was so easy to work with, and we all had a great time on the dance floor. Thanks Al!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service's reply:

Al's one of the best. So great to work with you, too!

Tammy · Married on 08/10/2018

We worked with Byrne Rock and one of his DJs Jesse Jones for two separate wedding events.

Even when dealing with a cultural wedding, Jesse was very responsive and flexible! On the fly, Jesse worked with the officiant to make sure the music for every part of the event was perfect. Both Byrne and Jesse were very responsive, emailing us back promptly and scheduled several meetings to talk to us about the music for the wedding.

For our wedding reception, Byrne Rock was the one of the best choices we made. Byrne was incredibly flexible — we had a small weather issue that pushed back the schedule for the wedding and Byrne just rolled with it. Unlike some of the other weddings I’ve gone to, the sound quality of his music was top notch. His music selection, cross-fading was on point. We actually had a DJ that was a guest in attendance and specifically complimented how great his music was!

Byrne worked with us to make sure our first dance was great, suggesting a natural stopping point and other ideas to encourage the guests on the floor. We loved having both Byrne and Jesse work with us! They really made the music for the wedding special and memorable!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service's reply:

Congratulations! Even some heavy rain couldn't stop the fun.

Cindy · Married on 07/07/2018

The wedding was a blast. Eddie was ready, professional and fun. He kept the pace and offered a terrific variety of music for everyone. Just the right amount of lighting and volume. Our group was small and not super wild and he adapted perfectly.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service's reply:

Eddie's the best! Glad you had a wonderful time. :)

Jerad · Married on 05/12/2018

Byrne Rocked the house for our wedding! All of our guests were raving about the music selection and how fun the party was! I'd recommend Byrne to anyone for any event they have planned. He was easy to work with and quick to respond to correspondence via email.

To specify, we wouldn't recommend him to our worst enemies because they'd have too much of a good time with him DJ'ing their event.

Sent on 05/31/2018

Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service's reply:

"Byrne Rocked..." I see what you did there. :)

Travis · Married on 05/12/2018

Byrne's business partner Fernando, AKA DJ Nando, DJed our wedding and reception, and what an amazing job he did! We were very tough customers for a DJ--we don't like Top 40 Pop, our families and us like VERY different musical genres, and we were very picky about ceremony music. Fernando went above and beyond to make our ceremony and reception wonderful. He custom-edited some instrumental covers of our favorite songs to make them perfect for the ceremony. His timing and management of volume levels during the ceremony made things truly perfect. For the reception, we requested that Fernando find the right mix of classic country, reggaeton, hip hop, and classic soul music / oldies and pay close attention to the crowd to keep everyone happy and dancing. If you think that sounds like a tough challenge, you're right, but Fernando made EVERYONE happy and we had a ton of fun. Fernando was also great on the mic--I was so happy to have him announcing the first dances, the anniversary dance, and keeping things fun and light once we got further into the dance party section of the night. In case you're not already convinced, here are some unique reasons to choose Fernando: Better equipment and backups than other DJs in the price range, better custom playlist and making changes on the fly to fit your guests' unique tastes especially if you like country or Spanish language music, and keeping the volume loud enough to be fun but not so loud as to blow everyone's eardrums out. Fernando is fun and a consummate professional, but most importantly having him there felt like having a family friend in attendance, not a cheesy club DJ. Byrne was great to work with too--he helped us set everything up on the business side of things. We can't recommend Fernando and Byrne Rock Mobile DJ strongly enough--choose them for your wedding!

Sent on 06/16/2018

Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service's reply:

We love being part of the family and thanks so much for choosing us!

Murphy · Married on 05/05/2018

Byrne did a terrific job! We had an outdoor wedding venue that was picky about the sound limit, but he did a great job keeping the everyone happy throughout the night. He was helpful and very responsive! We appreciated how he met with us in person prior to booking, was organized, and most importantly, read the crowd then played terrific music. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service's reply:

It was a great night at Umlauf... hopefully the neighbors enjoyed the music, too! :)

Allison · Married on 04/13/2018

Byrne did a great job as our MC/DJ at our wedding reception! People had such a great time dancing and I am so glad we chose Byrne for our wedding day!

sydney · Married on 04/07/2018

Fernando with Byrne Rock was ABSOLUTELY phenomenal!!!! My husband and I were married at an outdoor venue and we were nervous about how the sound quality, especially since it was a very windy day. We had an absolutely FLAWLESS ceremony with AMAZING sound and Fernando made our dream wedding everything we could have wanted and more! He was so friendly and knew it exactly when to play certain songs to make every moment special. Would highly recommend him and the entire Byrne Rock service. LOVED THEM!!! Thank you Fernando and Byrne!

Sent on 04/24/2018

Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service's reply:

We live to create memorable events for our clients and we're so happy to hear your wedding was pitch perfect! :)

Amy · Married on 04/07/2018

I contacted Byrne about DJ-ing for our wedding, and I could not have been happier with their services!! Our DJ/MC for the night was Jesse, and he was PERFECT! I loved his professionalism, energy, ability to read the crowd, and he played all the best songs to keep our party going! All of my guests were so impressed with Jesse, and everyone was on the dance floor all night long! I couldn't have asked for a better DJ, and will definitely recommend them to anyone, and will hire them again for any parties we have in the future!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service's reply:

So happy to hear it! It's hard to be better than perfect, but we'll keep trying. :)

Sharon · Married on 01/28/2018

We appreciated Byrne’s services at my daughter’s wedding so much!
    He arrived on time and was set and ready to go.
    I always love when you have a vendor, that you don’t have to hold by the hand the whole time. He got right in there without hesitation and played everything we ask, and didn’t play the things we asked that he not. We are grateful for his knowledge and people skills and his talent! If we ever have need to have another DJ we would not hesitate in hiring him again!

Sent on 03/21/2018

Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service's reply:

Thanks, Sharon! I was happy to be part of your daughter's big day!

Nicholas · Married on 01/20/2018

Byrne was great to work with from the start. Once we met him in person, we knew he would be a great DJ for us. We enjoy everything from 80s music to modern indie dance (LCD Soundsystem, The XX, etc), so our musical tastes are pretty eclectic. Byrne mixed the music we like with the songs he knew would get everyone out on the dance floor. That's not to say he played cheesy wedding songs and top 40. He had a 'no play' list and he honored our request to not play any of the songs on that list.

The music he played kept us and our friends on the dance floor but also reached out our parents' generation to make sure they didn't feel left out.

Byrne's also great as an emcee. He was careful to ensure he pronounced everyone's names correctly and has the perfect energy. He's not over-the-top or cheesy - he's just what we wanted.

He's also a great value. I'd highly recommend Byrne for any friend's wedding.

Sent on 03/24/2018

Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service's reply:

Glad to hear you had a great time! ABBA beat-matched into LCD Soundsystem really got the dance floor lit. :)

Lainy · Married on 12/29/2017

My husband and I took a very DIY approach to our December, 2017, wedding in Bee Cave, TX. However, having attended many weddings in the past, we knew the entertainment importance and wedding day stress relief of hiring a DJ service. Because we were DIY, we also hoped for a DJ who could work with a relaxed wedding environment, and who would also fit into an affordable budget. After extensive research, and a few disappointing interviews, we discovered Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service. Byrne was incredibly accommodating and considerate throughout our interactions, he worked to keep ceremony and reception services in budget, and he made sure to keep in touch and informed of all our wedding day needs. He also put us in touch with DJ Jesse Jones, who we could not recommend more! Jesse was absolutely amazing! He took considerable time out of his day to meet with us and discuss our music tastes and wedding tone, and didn't bat an eye when we requested old school country, oldies, jazz, and Motown, with a few new hits thrown in. Jesse is so incredibly prepared, but is also amazing at just rolling with it. Our family and friends had an amazing time, and we received so many compliments. We never once felt pressured or frantic about music or audio needs because we knew Jesse had it covered. Jesse is an all around great guy, and an exceptional DJ! We would absolutely recommend Jesse Jones and Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Services for any event!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service's reply:

We're blushing. :) Thanks for choosing us to be part of your big day!

Laura · Married on 12/17/2017

Byrne was fantastic to work with and very easy going and flexible. He was the perfect dj! Not to big a personality. He did a wonderful job with song choices and keeping the event running smoothly!

Kristina · Married on 12/16/2017

Can't say enough good things about Byrne! He was very responsive, reasonably priced, and willing to work with any and every request we had. I was worried about the DJ overpowering the vibe of the wedding, or having it feel too clubby, but Byrne delivered on exactly what we asked! I'd highly recommend him.

Sent on 01/11/2018

Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service's reply:

Thanks, Kristina! It was a pleasure. :)

Molly · Married on 12/09/2017

Byrne was referred to my now-husband and I through my wedding planner, Callie and we couldn't have been happier with our choice in hiring him as our DJ. He was communicative and easy-going throughout the process and made it clear that we had full reign to make the music what we wanted.

And in the event that you're not picky, he can come up with his own mixture of tunes. He also provides couples with lists of "Most Requested", "Least Requested" and various chart toppers for inspiration. Byrne kept us dancing and at one point we even spotted our catering team busting out some moves, but then again Selena was playing and who can't resists Selenas?

Perhaps my favorite thing about Rock is that he wasn't cheesy. We've all experienced those weddings where the DJ is just a little bit extra, either because they're dripping in corny jokes or wearing costumes...or both. Byrne is professional and personable and he makes sure to keep the party moving.

Some other tidbits: I don't know the term for these, but he provided "dance lights" for the party as well as mics for the ceremony and speeches. I also found his service to be incredibly affordable - though I know that can be a relative term when planning a wedding. Many of the DJ places we looked at were around $1200 for the same package of services and we paid Rock less than $1000.

Keri · Married on 12/03/2017

Byrne DJ'd our wedding last month and did a fabulous job! With our wedding being on a Sunday afternoon I wasn't sure if people would be doing a lot of dancing, but Byrne did an amazing job keeping folks on the dance floor and everyone had a great time. From our first meeting with him (via skype), Byrne was incredibly professional, friendly and confident. And after talking with a few other DJ's, we knew his price was a steal. We're thankful for having run across him (here on Wedding Wire) and trusting the great reviews we read. Thanks, Byrne!

Sadie · Married on 11/11/2017

My new husband and I just had our wedding this past weekend and DJ Ed was AMAZING. From our first consultation up until the day of the wedding, he was incredibly professional and easy to work with. He also really knew how to read what the crowd was feeling. We got compliments from other guests all night long about how much they loved our DJ. He even sent us a few pictures and videos at the end of the night that he’d been able to take of our big day. We would highly recommend him to anyone. One of the best parts of our wedding!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service's reply:

So glad to hear everything was pitch perfect. Eddie's definitely one of the best! :)

Adam · Married on 11/11/2017

From the moment my wife and I met DJ ED, from Byrne Rock, I knew he was the guy. He was incredibly professional, and helped us with everything from coordinating events during the reception, to recommending killer songs for the big day. His music selection and timing was awesome, and he knows how to read a crowd! There is no one else I'd rather have had rockin' the mic on my wedding day. Five stars and two thumbs up!

Robin · Married on 10/28/2017

DJ Byrne Rock was incredible to work with all throughout the process, from our first phone call to the night of the reception. He guided us through the music process, knew the ins and outs of our venue, and was genuinely attentive to our needs the whole time. Above all the personal touches that made him great to work with, he was timely, responsive, and everything functioned great. Would recommend to anyone!

Lauren · Married on 09/16/2017

DJ Byrne Rock is the way to go for your Big Day! We had an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception, all at the same venue. This didn't seem to be a challenge at all for Byrne Rock. He did an amazing job with our ceremony music, looping it as needed and fading it in and out for a nice effect. He also kept everyone having fun on the dance floor at the reception. We scheduled a call with him the week before the wedding and ran through our tentative schedule of events and our ideas about the music for our wedding (I can't emphasize enough how important and helpful this is!). When the Big Day came, he showed up early to make sure he was all set up at both the ceremony site and in the reception hall. Then he helped to coordinate everyone else so things stayed on schedule and ran smoothly. I guess you could say that aside from music, Byrne really doubled as our wedding coordinator! My husband and I loved what a nice, chill vibe Byrne Rock brought to our wedding too. As beautiful and fun and wonderful as a wedding is, it is an overwhelming experience with a lot of moving pieces. Byrne Rock did a great job keeping all the pieces moving in the right direction while exuding a calm, peaceful vibe. We were so grateful to him for that! 100% recommend him for your special day.

Geno · Married on 09/02/2017

DJ Byrne is a fantastic DJ and I highly recommend him. We had been working with a different DJ who completely ghosted us 3 weeks before the wedding. In a panic we found Byrne on the knot who was luckily still available. He was very professional and had a contract drawn up within a day or two, giving us peace of mind. From there on he was great to work with. He had no qualms about doing our entire wedding (ceremony, dinner, and reception) which were in 3 different buildings, and pulled it off invisibly to us. Further, he had a great list of songs commonly requested that we went through so he could get the feel of what we were expecting. Finally, the night of he did a great job reading the crowd and really made the evening by getting lots of people out on the dance floor. All in all I would highly recommend DJ Byrne for your wedding.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service's reply:

Thanks, Geno! I had a lot of fun being your clutch DJ. :)

Leigh · Married on 08/20/2017

Byrne Rock is the BEST! He really listens to what you want, and implements your vision flawlessly. He provided sound equipment for our daughter's wedding ceremony, which was wonderful, then he DJ'd the reception. The music was great, the volume perfect first for dinner, then for dancing, and his "master of ceremony-ing" was perfect -- he made it all about the bride and groom, not about drawing attention to himself. He's a class act. Highly recommend!