byPensa Reviews

byPensa 5
  • Cristobal

Cristobal Batista Jr. · Married on 08/29/2019

True Perfection

We are so happy with the work Nikki did for our reception. The cake turned out beautiful and was one of the stars of the night. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. Also, the flavors were amazing and the cake was so moist!

byPensa 6
    Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Shira

Shira · Married on 12/31/2018

Delicious and Gorgeous Cake!

Nikki was amazing! Her cake flavors were so unique and delicious, I was able to have exactly what I wanted where no other bakery had the CHAMPAGNE flavor for my New Year's Eve wedding. She was so fun and easy to work with and the cake turned out beautifully. Every piece was gobbled up by our guests. I would highly recommend her to any bride looking for an affordable and beautiful wedding cake!

byPensa 7
    Sent on 01/30/2019
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 09/29/2018

Perfect, perfect, perfect!

We're so pleased we found Nikki for our wedding cake. We got exactly what we wanted—a simple but perfect two-tier cake with floral arrangements—and guests raved about both the taste and aesthetics. Pricing was competitive for the style and quality of cake (flavors offerings are delightful and the cut slices are the cleanest I’ve seen).

Nikki is organized and a pleasure to work with from start to finish, so she’ll make this process easy for you! Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/23/2018

Book Now for Amazingness

We had the best time working with Nikki - she was flexible and met our needs all around, whether it was accomodating our schedule or preparing the cake exactly as we wanted it. Everything turned out perfect and the cake was delicious - we had the champagne spongecake with lemon buttercream frosting, an amazing combination we would not have ever known of had it not been for Nikki. We highly recommend byPensa to anyone planning on having an event - you will be so glad you did!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Lindsay · Married on 09/21/2018

Hardest decision I had toake while wedding planning

Let's just say that this was by far the hardest decision I had to make! I am a professional pastry chef and the thought of choosing someone to make my wedding cake was tough and there was no way in hell I was going to make my own lol

I can't even believe I found someone as perfect as Nicole because she was my saving grace. I literally booked her before I even booked a photographer. Her cake is the tastiest thing I've ever eaten and on top of it she let us choose a different flavor per tier.

It came out absolutely gorgeous and perfect and everything I imagined as a chef myself, all my guests raved about how great it was too.

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • I

Imani · Married on 09/16/2018

Cake Perfection!!

Nikki was so accommodating to us and really helped bring our vision to life. She was able to combine my husband and my tastes perfectly. Her berry preserve was the best berry flavor I've ever had in a cake. My husband got to have his peanut butter, and it was just go perfectly balanced. Our guests loved it, and it was beautiful!! Thank you Nikki for making our cake look and taste good!

byPensa 8
    byPensa 9
    byPensa 10
    Sent on 07/06/2019

Michelle · Married on 08/26/2018

Beautiful Wedding Cake, highly recommend

Nicole was excellent. There is nothing better than finding a wedding vendor that is easy to work with. She was able to accommodate my request of have a funfetti wedding cake, while keeping the design of the cake simple and elegant (for my wife). The day of the wedding she took care of coordinating everything with our venue and there was literally nothing to worry about. The cake was beautiful and delicious and I highly recommend BYPENSA baking for any occasion.

byPensa 11
    byPensa 12
    Sent on 10/26/2018

Kayte Decker · Married on 08/26/2018

Our deliciously stunning wedding cake!

I just got married in August and our cake was delicious!!!! It was so good we didn’t even get to keep the top tier. So I’m hoping by Pensa will kindly make us a one year anniversary cake! The cake we had was stunning. Nicole brought the cake to the venue and set everything up to perfect. It completely our perfect day!

byPensa 13
    Sent on 02/11/2019

Ericka · Married on 08/19/2018

5 stars across the board- could not have been happier with the cake and the process of working with Nikki. My husband and I were looking for a naked style wedding cake, and Nikki delivered on both the style & flavor. All the options from the tasting were delicious, and the cake the day of tasted and looked amazing.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Clarke · Married on 08/11/2018

Nikki was a delight to work with through every step of the wedding planning process. From arranging a tasting to cake drop-off on wedding day, she was kind, responsive, and incredibly knowledgeable. We had no idea what we wanted for the cake at first, and Nikki struck the perfect balance between guiding our choices and respecting our style. Our cake was beautiful, a perfect addition to our wedding decor. It was delicious, of course, too! Highly recommend lemon buttercream in the summer. :) The cake cutting was truly one of the highlights of our wedding night. byPensa was also a very affordable choice i the pricy NYC wedding landscape. We are so grateful for Nikki and definitely recommend byPensa!

byPensa 14
    Sent on 08/19/2018

Portia · Married on 07/22/2018

It's been two weeks and my guests are still raving about our cake! She gave me that urban chic cake that I wanted with excellent prices that helped (we were on a tight budget). Thank you ByPensa for being apart of one of the most magical days of my life!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Rosie · Married on 07/21/2018

We absolutely loved our wild and wonderful cake that Nikki made. Not only was it delicious, but she became a part of our big friend and family pre-wedding production team as she delicately decorated the cake with the most gorgeous flowers. She was wonderful to work with and her cake was a work of art!

byPensa 15
    byPensa 16
    Sent on 07/25/2018

Miriam · Married on 05/19/2018

Amazing Cake & Cookies! Amazing Service!

Nikki was such a pleasure to work with. For my bachelorette party, my friends threw me a cinco de mayo themed party and Nikki created the funnest pinata cake, which was DELICIOUS!! She also made the cutest engagement ring cookies... I was truly amazed at her talent to be so creative.

In addition, I wanted to have cookies as wedding favors at the wedding and had seen a couple of ideas on Pinterest. Nikki really helped me to personalize them and ensure they kept in the theme of the rest of the wedding. She was so easy to get a hold of and really went above and beyond to ensure everything went smoothly. She hand delivered the cookies to the venue on the day of the wedding... and they were beautiful and delicious! Thank you Nikki!!

byPensa 17
    byPensa 18
    byPensa 19
    Sent on 02/14/2019
  • Z

Zoë · Married on 04/28/2018

Nikki was the absolute best. We had a weird travel schedule and were trying to plan our wedding from a ways away and she was so accommodating and kind with planning the tasting and delivering the cake. The cake was equal parts delicious and beautiful, and made my wedding dreams come true. She totally saw my design vision and made it happen beyond what I could have asked. Could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Anthony · Married on 01/07/2018

Everyone enjoyed the cake! I'm very thankful to have gotten a cake in a weeks notice.

Sent on 01/19/2018

Layla · event on: 11/17/2017

Nicole made cookies for my sisters bridal shower I hosted last weekend. My sister is getting married in Florida so I wanted the cookies to represent Florida. Nicole was so delightful and patient to work with throughout the process – I changed my mind several times about how many to order / what I wanted. I originally ordered sun and orange cookies, and later added a wedding gown design as well. I left the creativity up to the professional and I couldn’t be happier with how they turned out! Not only did she make all three designs (that were delicious), I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box and noticed different details on the bride cookies ( a fan favorite). Overall, I was so impressed with the entire process and will definitely be ordering from Nicole for my next event

Sent on 11/22/2017

Brooke · Married on 09/01/2017

First, Nicole was always responsive in a timely manner. She was flexible in our request of multiple flavors and tier designs. When we couldn't make up our mind she offered her expertise and advice. Second, the cake was amazing. We received several inquires on who made our cake and every piece was enjoyed! We decided to save our top tier and Nicole made sure to wrap it appropriately to save it. I appreciated the professionalism, quality, and would highly recommend byPensa to anyone! Thank you Nicole.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Lyssa · Married on 08/11/2017

Nikki made my whole wedding amazing!! From the cookies for my shower to the cake and favors for my wedding. She made the whole process so easy and simple, I never stressed about that part of my wedding. The cake she made was beautiful, delicious, and exactly what I had pictured. On top of that she made the most amazing cookies for our favors as well. Everyone at the wedding was raving about them!! I couldn't have asked for a better baker to work with and make by vision come to life. I can't wait to use her for all of my future parties and events!!

Sent on 12/26/2017

LEAH · Married on 10/17/2015

Nicole made our wedding cake for our October 2015 wedding. From our very first meeting she was responsive, inventive, fair and meticulous. We wanted a vanilla cake with late summer berry preserves and a maple buttercream to highlight the onset of fall. We hadn't seen this combination offered anywhere we looked but Nicole never flinched at the ask. Our cake was unique, delicious, FRESH and beautiful--without the use of fondant--which we weren't big on. I have regularly recommended her to friends and family since then and look forward to enjoying more of her creations at future events!

Sent on 08/03/2017
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/26/2014

Nicole made delicious cupcakes for my baby shower. Nautical themed for our soon to be son! The seashells she put on top were also little chocolates she made herself too. The cupcakes were perfect! They were moist and so yummy the second it hit your tongue. Whatever is in her frosting is magical. I highly recommend her for any special event!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Kori · Married on 05/31/2014

I cannot say enough about By Pensa. I had no idea what I wanted for my wedding cake and she came up with the perfect design for me! She’s extremely professional, creative, and very accommodating to all requests. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful delicious and classic cake

Nikki was such a pleasure to work with. From the cake cutting to the day of the wedding she captured exactly what we were looking for. The cake was beautiful and delicious! We went in there with an idea of what we wanted but not knowing specifics and she captured it exactly. She coordinated all the details with the vendors leaving very little work for me to do which was a nice break during the wedding planning time. Highly recommend her for a wedding. I will be using her for events in the future!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Anu · Married on 09/02/2018

she let us eat cake!

From the very beginning we felt like we were in good hands with Nikki. We came to her because we saw some examples of her cakes online and knew we wanted a particular look for our cake, and trusted she would be able to pull it off. She interpreted our vision for the cake, and the fruit and floral decor she created perfectly matched the overall aesthetic of our wedding. She has a great eye for cake design! Not only did the cake look great, but everyone at the wedding loved it (especially the carrot cake with cream cheese frosting). With Nikki's guidance we were able to have three tiers of all different flavors which still all went together. Perfect for the indecisive couple we are! We can’t recommend Nikki enough and will be suggesting her to all our friends in the future!!

Margaret & Anu ❤️

byPensa 20
    byPensa 21
    byPensa 22
    Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 03/30/2018

ByPensa was professional, on time and the cake tasted great! Probably best wedding cake I've tasted. I had 60 guests and there was enough for everyone that wanted a piece. It was a 2 tier cake with vanilla buttercream icing and vanilla cake. It was a pretty cake but just not exact color /design I expected. It might of been miscommunication on my part. I know baker can't copy exact design of another cake. It still went with "Spanish theme" and was pretty.

byPensa 23
    Sent on 04/08/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2018

Nikki was a great, enthusiastic partner on our cake journey. My fiance came up with an out of the box design that combined a naked cake with a topsy turvy, architectural structure (see his sketch). We went to a number of tastings where we were met with a lot of inflexibility and bakers that had very specific brand aesthetics they wanted to stick to. I initially was drawn to Nikki because of her funky style and geode cakes, which I thought looked amazing. She was clearly someone that was open to experimenting! Not only did my fiance and I really hit it off with her during our tasting, but the flavors were delicious (we chose a lemon cake with rose buttercream), pricing reasonable, and she was very game to give our concept a go! She was confident she could make it work and did she ever! The end result was stunning and delicious! I highly recommend her and would use her again for another event.

I will say to be realistic about seasonal availability of produce if you are interested or choose to incorporate fruits/veggies into your cake. I had something specific in mind - pink lady apples to get an ombre effect up the side of the cake - which didn't wind up on the final cake due to, I assume, lack of availability. It would have been nice to have been told this wasn't available since it was in our contract and we were jazzed about it, but it was a minor detail in the end. Another small note is we did rent a cake stand from her, which has a refundable deposit if you return within a week of the wedding. We went right on our honeymoon after, so be sure you have someone that can run this errand for you. There was a bit of a delay getting the deposit back, but as Nikki grows in popularity I think a small delay on the admin side of things is also normal and to be expected as she juggles everything. Just have some patience :)

byPensa 24